Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#961 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I honestly didn't care and wasn't going to pay eBay prices for the vault but when i saw the BB ad i figured why not, anyway just got out and after nearly 30 min of searching they can't find the vaults so good luck to those of you going for them i am on call for when they finally find them. Stupid Skylanders addiction.

#962 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I honestly didn't care and wasn't going to pay eBay prices for the vault but when i saw the BB ad i figured why not, anyway just got out and after nearly 30 min of searching they can't find the vaults so good luck to those of you going for them i am on call for when they finally find them. Stupid Skylanders addiction.

They probably didn't have them in yet, mine didn't. They had 9 coming in, but weren't in stock yet, the salesperson looked it up for me. She also did a little bit of checking for me as well. Unfortunately, we already have all of them except Wham-Shell, so there isn't anything to get for $25, and the strategy guide doesn't count (my son loves those things and it has stickers too, I figured that plus a single would cover it but nope) because she tried to ring it up. The Volcanic Vault comes up as $49.99 (so does the T-Shirt) unless you ring $25 worth of qualifying Skylanders merchandise on the same ticket, then it zeroes out (she did it by looking up the SKU, just to check).

#963 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

They probably didn't have them in yet, mine didn't. They had 9 coming in, but weren't in stock yet, the salesperson looked it up for me. She also did a little bit of checking for me as well. Unfortunately, we already have all of them except Wham-Shell, so there isn't anything to get for $25, and the strategy guide doesn't count (my son loves those things and it has stickers too, I figured that plus a single would cover it but nope) because she tried to ring it up. The Volcanic Vault comes up as $49.99 (so does the T-Shirt) unless you ring $25 worth of qualifying Skylanders merchandise on the same ticket, then it zeroes out (she did it by looking up the SKU, just to check).

The BB guy called me about 1 hour later and found the vaults, I don't know if mine are doing if wrong or what, but they didn't have any sort of box or SKU for the vaults. In fact he showed me their corporate email stating that they could NOT be sold separately. I actually did buy the Strategy Guide and one figure and not only did I get 15% off the guide since the system registered the figure as the game, but he just handed me the vault from there as the total came to 25.98. I am guessing this was obviously not the correct procedure, but I'm happy. Good luck to everyone else.

#964 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

I know ebay is ebay, but I just don't get this. It's so insane. If they waot maybe a month or two they'll get this for $10 just like all the other ones.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a1bf61e0f

#965 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

Wow. From the sounds of it, my Best Buy guy might have done a real bad thing.

He just handed me a free Volcanic Vault. I asked about buying it by itself, he said no, we talked a little more (he was looking up something else for me), then he tossed me one and thanked me for coming in.

Pretty awesome trip. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#966 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I know ebay is ebay, but I just don't get this. It's so insane. If they waot maybe a month or two they'll get this for $10 just like all the other ones.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a1bf61e0f

Yeah, and people don't realize (or maybe they do) that Wham Shell is pretty regularly available in Australia. It's not like some super rare figure, you just have to have an Australian connection until they release him here in a couple weeks. I guess the urge to finally have a complete collection is worth that much to someone...

#967 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Dragon's Peak in stock at TRU

#968 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

^not anymore. Also, i ordered this when it went on the site the first time, and they just cancelled my order on Sunday. Boo, TRU..
Spoiler

#969 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

single packs of ignitor,lightning rod and zook are now popping for sale on from amazon on amazon.

I just got ignitor a few minutes ago.

#970 mdmusick

mdmusick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I found an Ignitor, Zook, and Lightning Rod at the Movie Trading Co. at Belt Line and Preston in Dallas. These were all in the locked display case that usually houses the vintage console displays. I was surprised to see all three together like that since I'd given up on trying to track them down for now. They still had a couple each of Zook and LR as of Sunday.
Posted Image

#971 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

single packs of ignitor,lightning rod and zook are now popping for sale on from amazon on amazon.

thanks. picked up lightning rod.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#972 io

io

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Fucking A - just when I stopped checking regularly. I did check really early this morning though. I'm just down to like every other day now though ;).

It shows Ignitor as $8.99 on the search page but is sold out when you click on the link. So I guess I just missed that. Same with Lightning Rod now by the way - you must have just barely gotten in on that Confoosius.

#973 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm never going to find Ignitor, lol.

#974 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

When i got ignitor it said there was 2 left instock so i barely made it on that one.I already had lightning rod and zook from the 3 pack i picked up two weeks ago on amazon.

When i looked at the page for lightning rod it said "In stock on April 18th" order now for $8.99

#975 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

Also not sure if this has been posted anywhere or not but here is tracker for skylanders.It shows what sites currently have skylanders in stock and also shows previous times when sites had stock.

I'm not even sure where i found this tracker from.It may have been somewhere in this thread but im not sure.

Single pack stock checker

http://www.zoolert.c...-stock-tracker/

Triple Pack/Adventure Pack stock checker

http://www.zoolert.c...-stock-tracker/

#976 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

What's the deal with dark spyro?

I knew it was a 3ds exclusive but im seeing single packs on ebay now but every seller says they are not sold in the states.

Any ideas?

#977 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

What's the deal with dark spyro?

I knew it was a 3ds exclusive but im seeing single packs on ebay now but every seller says they are not sold in the states.

Any ideas?

Dark Spyro is only sold in the 3DS Starter Kit. Anyone who says its not available in the states is full of crap.

I suppose I should wait for the next 3-pack to try to find Camo & Warnado, seeing as how it's been a futile effort so far. But then I'd have 1 too many Ignitors. Bah.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#978 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

No, you can't find an individual pack Dark Spyro in the U.S.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#979 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

TRU's exclusivity on Dragon's Peak has ended, I just picked one up at the Best Buy in Frisco, TX. Keep an eye out over the coming days as I was just at a couple of Best Buy's yesterday and didn't see these. I also found a Zook at a Frisco Target and a Voodood at a different Frisco Target yesterday.

#980 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

My Best Buy also had no clue about the Volcanic Vault. On sunday, took them 20 minutes of looking before they realized they never got them. Called again today and only two stores way far away had any

#981 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

I picked up a Volcanic Vault today. Also got an extra Lightning Rod single and triple pack (w/ Cynder and Zook) if anybody still needs one.

#982 Ahadi

Ahadi

Lord Tyrant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I have a question for you guys. Why is it that my Skylanders are level 10 in my DS game but range anywhere from 1 to 8 on the PS3?

#983 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I have a question for you guys. Why is it that my Skylanders are level 10 in my DS game but range anywhere from 1 to 8 on the PS3?

The DS game uses a different structure for checking characters in and out. Put the character back on the base and check them back into the game. The figure will receive the updated level information (from the 3DS), and then it should appear in the PS3 going forward.
Spoiler

#984 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

I just found a single Ignitor at a Target so it gives me hope that I can find Camo & Warnado soon.

#985 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Are the Volcanic Vaults going to remain BB exclusive? The guy at my local store gave me the last two they had and I didn't know what a reasonable trade request would be for the extra. I don't want to sell it but I have everything except Camo and Warnado (and Wham Shell of course). I haven't bothered with any legendary variants (or Blue Bash) yet either but some of you guys seem to have more inside information and that's why I was wondering what kind of offers I should expect if I put it on the block.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#986 io

io

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Camo, Warnado, and Wham-Shell are available for preorder on Amazon!

Thanks goes to this post in the TRU Legendary 3-pack thread:

http://www.cheapassg...71&postcount=46

I preordered all 3. That just leaves Ignitor and I'm done till Giants comes out.

#987 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I just preordered them as well.

Now all i need is voodood and the dragons peak adventure pack

Ignitor and the legendary 3 pack are being delivered today :)

#988 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thanks io. Wham-shell wraps up the hunt until Giants for me.

#989 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Got 1 of each for pre-order. Same with me still just need Ignitor. As soon as the 3-packs hit with Camo/Warnado/Ignitor there will be even more loose Ignitors going around, just like Cynder with this last 3-pack.

#990 Ahadi

Ahadi

Lord Tyrant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

I picked up a Volcanic Vault today. Also got an extra Lightning Rod single and triple pack (w/ Cynder and Zook) if anybody still needs one.

Do you still have that extra triple pack available? :)

@nbballard, I'm either misunderstanding what you're saying, or I'm doing it wrong :lol: either way, it isn't too big of a deal. Just adds more to my console experience.