Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2469 replies to this topic

#991 philliesfan

philliesfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Is there a trading thread? I have a new loose cynder I want to trade.

#992 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I ended up having to go to TRU today to exchange one of my kid's birthday gifts and noticed they had a ton of the Legendary 3-packs right up front. Probably 2 or 3 dozen of them. They actually had a ton of all the Skylanders except the new ones in 3 different locations throughout the store.

I honestly don't think they're going to even come close to selling through. They're late to the game with this restock, everyone except a few latecomers have already hunted these all down, and probably at cheaper prices. All these old figures are going to just sit on the shelves and my prediction is they'll mark them down on clearance eventually or do another big sale to try to move them.

#993 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

I ended up having to go to TRU today to exchange one of my kid's birthday gifts and noticed they had a ton of the Legendary 3-packs right up front. Probably 2 or 3 dozen of them. They actually had a ton of all the Skylanders except the new ones in 3 different locations throughout the store.

I honestly don't think they're going to even come close to selling through. They're late to the game with this restock, everyone except a few latecomers have already hunted these all down, and probably at cheaper prices. All these old figures are going to just sit on the shelves and my prediction is they'll mark them down on clearance eventually or do another big sale to try to move them.

Yeah, the saturation point has been reached on many of the earlier (Wave 1 through 3) releases, including adventure packs and starter packs. It's not uncommon to walk into a store and find pegs full of Chop Chops, Eruptors or especially Wrecking Balls. That point will be reached for others soon enough, Double Trouble (from Wave 4) is already a very common sight, and Cynder is getting more so than before. Legendary Trigger Happy sits undisturbed in large numbers in most TRUs.

I laugh that some people went in and bought many, seeing Ebay dollar signs in their eyes. The Legendaries are variants that will only really interest those that are more serious about "catching them all", and if you are serious about it then you probably already found it a while back.

#994 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Lucked up on a Camo and Warnado at my favorite hunting ground today .... Did not see any Dragon's Peak. I saw a few Double Troubles but the kid didn't want him, and I'm not trying to spend any money I don't have to.

#995 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

Dragon's Peak packs came in stock at my Best Buy tonight, so you all may want to check there if you're looking for it.

still looking for Camo and Warnado though...

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#996 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Tempted to buy this Ignitor on Amazon right now for $19 dlvd since I have Amazon credit, but I'm holding off for the moment.

#997 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Tempted to buy this Ignitor on Amazon right now for $19 dlvd since I have Amazon credit, but I'm holding off for the moment.

Good call. I just picked up one at Wal-Mart yesterday. They had about 4 each of Ignitor, Zook and Lightning Rod. Only a matter of time before those "hard to find" characters will be about as abundant as the current wave. I'm still biding my time for Camo, Warnado and Wham-Shell...not too much longer I hope.

#998 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

All I need now are Warnado, Camo, Wham-Shell, the Dragon's Peak pack, and Voodood and I have them all.

For some odd reason, Voodood is hard to find in my area...

#999 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Wham Shell in stock at Gamestop

http://www.gamestop....haracter/100670

#1000 io

io

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Wham Shell in stock at Gamestop

http://www.gamestop....haracter/100670

Thanks, ordered it. This time I got a confirmation right away so maybe they will actually ship this one to me unlike Warnado/Camo which are still backordered for me even though I ordered them when everyone else here did (on April 5th) who got them 2-3 days later :bomb:.

Wow, and it even showed up in my Order history within minutes instead of 4-5 hours later like last time!

And, my trade-in card was charged immediately instead of never being charged on the other order!

#1001 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Thanks, ordered it. This time I got a confirmation right away so maybe they will actually ship this one to me unlike Warnado/Camo which are still backordered for me even though I ordered them when everyone else here did (on April 5th) who got them 2-3 days later :bomb:.

Wow, and it even showed up in my Order history within minutes instead of 4-5 hours later like last time!

And, my trade-in card was charged immediately instead of never being charged on the other order!

I ordered one too, but since I had the last 3 preordered at Amazon I want to go ahead and cancel Wham-Shell. Is there a way to add an item to an existing order in order to get free shipping or will I be SOL and and may as well just leave the Wham-Shell in my order.

#1002 io

io

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

I ordered one too, but since I had the last 3 preordered at Amazon I want to go ahead and cancel Wham-Shell. Is there a way to add an item to an existing order in order to get free shipping or will I be SOL and and may as well just leave the Wham-Shell in my order.

You can call Amazon and have them add something to an order - then you can just have them cancel it or just do that online later yourself.

But I would wait until you get shipping confirmation from Gamestop first - or maybe even wait until you get it to be 100% sure they send the right thing. You never know.

#1003 io

io

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wow, actually got my shipping confirmation from GS.

It has been really quiet in here...

What, did no one else catch this and order it!?

#1004 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

I got my confirmation too, and amazingly enough, I found Camo and Warnado at Walmart today, they had quite a few, easily 8 or more each. So completely cancelled the Amazon order and now the hunt is officially over. I have all 38 mass produced characters and a Gold Chop Chop. I will keep my eyes open for the gold and silver figures but it's nice knowing I will feel no obligation to hunt these things again till Giants comes out, maybe GS will allow figure preorders given the success of these things and hopefully Activision will be better prepared.

#1005 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Got my shipping confirmation as well for Wham Shell. That is also a complete collection here once he arrives (no gold/silver variants).

#1006 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Anyone know about the availability of the Eruptor / Chop Chop / Bash triple pack? I don't think I have seen it anywhere recently (Amazon or local BB / Target / Walmart), though I have seen the singles occasionally. Thanks.

#1007 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

My Wham-Shell arrived today, so I am now officially in possession of all 38 mass produced figures. I was glad the Gamestop item turned out to be the real deal. Now it's time to sit back and see what the official word will be on the new game this fall. I really hope that the reposed figures have no other special properties to them. I can deal with 16 new figures, but another 24 in addition to that will mean more figures for the new game then there was for the old game, and this started to feel pretty ridiculous at times.

#1008 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

My Wham-Shell arrived today, so I am now officially in possession of all 38 mass produced figures. I was glad the Gamestop item turned out to be the real deal. Now it's time to sit back and see what the official word will be on the new game this fall. I really hope that the reposed figures have no other special properties to them. I can deal with 16 new figures, but another 24 in addition to that will mean more figures for the new game then there was for the old game, and this started to feel pretty ridiculous at times.

As of right now, I'm thinking of just getting the new ones and maybe just a few of the reposes (gogo Lightforce Prism Break) for our favorites. That, of course, might change once they come out, but even if the rumor that you cannot continue to upgrade the old ones, I think that simply being able to play them in the new game would be good enough. They may not own it up (though powered up at level 10 they are still pretty formidable), but unless there is a significant difficulty boost it should not be necessary. There are only a few places in the first game where it is so challenging (last boss) you really need a fully powered up figure. Most of the other places where you get killed can be chalked up to not doing it right, or standing in fire beams/charging in head first/etc. in which case level 1 or 10, they die pretty quick.

#1009 HightopNinja

HightopNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

http://www.gamestop....dp&cross=320162

Wham-Shell in stock at Gamestop, in case you haven't signed up for the Zoolerts. :)

#1010 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Almost bit on the whamshell at gamestop but after tax and shipping its $14 just for him when my order from amazon is only $27 for all three(Camo,Warnado,WhamShell).I think I'm going to just wait for amazon.Hopefully its not to much longer seeing how people are seeing them in stores now and gamestop seems to be getting stock online now at least once a week.

#1011 HightopNinja

HightopNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Unfortunately, missed the Amazon Pre-Orders, but at least I'm down to needing just two(Camo/Warnado). Soon I can stop hunting for a few months.

#1012 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Think you're done until Giants? Think again.

http://forum.darkspy...php?topic=51397

tl:dr version - someone hacked the console versions and discovered there were four "pets" (that act like magic items) - miniature versions of Stealth Elf (Whisper Elf), Gill Grunt (Gill Runt), Trigger Happy (Trigger Snappy) and Terrifin (Terrabite).

Apparently, these are going to somehow tie into a Frito Lay promo in July.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1013 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

lol, jesus.

#1014 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

tl:dr version - someone hacked the console versions and discovered there were four "pets" (that act like magic items) - miniature versions of Stealth Elf (Whisper Elf), Gill Grunt (Gill Runt), Trigger Happy (Trigger Snappy) and Terrifin (Terrabite).

:lol: I asked way back when how long before these showed up in Happy Meals.

#1015 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Since it appears everyone is winning now, I will share. Call the Frito Lay 800 number, if you haven't, and you will likely win the Flocked Stump Smash.

1-800-646-2904

#1016 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Since it appears everyone is winning now, I will share. Call the Frito Lay 800 number, if you haven't, and you will likely win the Flocked Stump Smash.

1-800-646-2904

Whoa awesome! Thank you. I won a skylander. It doesn't say what, but winning something is good by itself because I NEVER win. (I know, sad panda alert).
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#1017 Mr. bubble

Mr. bubble

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I called the number and was asked to say my name and address, but it ended abruptly after finishing that, no mention about winning. Does that mean I didn't win? :(

#1018 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

yay! I won!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1019 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

I called the number and was asked to say my name and address, but it ended abruptly after finishing that, no mention about winning. Does that mean I didn't win? :(

It will ask you to press 1. then press 1 again. Then enter your DOB MMDDYYYY format. It will say hang on, then it will say if you won or not. After that if you win, it'll say say your first + last name (spell your last) and address. Then hang up.

I've been told you can call once per day per phone. It will allow you to win multiple times but I'm afraid they'll sort out the duplicates and invalidate multiple winnings. So I only called one :)

#1020 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

ugh. Missed wham shell on Walmart.