Photo
- - - - -

Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2469 replies to this topic

#91 io

io

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Since it looks like it will be three weeks or so until I can get the next element I may returned the 3DS version so I can hopefully get a better price on it... I paid the full $79.99 at Best Buy, but when I was there Sear's had them for $69.99, not a huge savings, but I would like to spend less on it.

Regular price on the starter packs is $69.99 - how did you spend $79.99 on it at Best Buy? It has always been $69.99 there...

Not really I don't think unless you feel the need to have them all. Which could well end up happening. As long as you have a character for each element (plus the adventure pack areas) though you can access the whole game.

That's what I thought when I was putting together a set for my son for Christmas. Now I'm out looking for the rest ;). So it wouldn't hurt to get more. If you can, get them from somewhere with a generous return policy (like 90 days at Target). If you start playing and then don't need the extras you can return the unopened ones.

It doesn't take long to upgrade them, so using multiples is not as big a deal as I thought.

#92 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

I went to a Toysrus today in Glendale, AZ that had so many 3 packs and Darklight Crypts that they couldn't even all fit on the shelves (Probably around 20 or so of each one). Unfortunately they were all the (Hex, Dino-Rang, Zap) and (Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball) which I don't need. No single packs or Legendary packs. At the Glendale Sears they had one single Drobot and nothing else.

I lucked out and got the 3DS version last week from amazon warehouse deals for $49 "like new". It arrives in a couple days.

Now Playing: Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Wii) / Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Recently Finished:  Klonoa (Wii) B- / Velocity 2X (PS4) A- / Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) B-

#93 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

But you make it sound like all GS's restocked last week and that wasn't necessarily the case. I asked around here when we were hunting them this weekend and one said they got all of 6 figures last Thursday. Some got more. Some got none. It is pretty varied regionally too.

I mean obviously I have no way of knowing if "every" GS got more stock last week. I work as a Phoenix, AZ driver so while out on my route I have access to a huge amount of stores but after finding out from one GS that they had gotten a shipment in I asked every single person at probably 15+ GS's over the last week and all of them said they at least got a small shipment that morning. Of course a lot of them sold out in an hour but quite a few I went to had 8-10 still on the shelves. These were all single packs by the way and all varied Skylanders over the first two waves.

Recently Finished:  Klonoa (Wii) B- / Velocity 2X (PS4) A- / Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) B-

#94 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

For those of you having trouble finding figures at TRU- mine has 2 different displays for the figures- one at the front of the store and one in the game department.
Spoiler

#95 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

I wouldn't buy them from TRU. Screw them and their price gouging.

The only place I have seen any Skylanders since after Christmas was two Wal-Marts. One of them only had 2 of Bash (which I bought one) and the other only had 1 VooDood (which I passed on). Toys R Us had some when I picked up the starter kit there (since it was on-sale) but again, I'm not buying them there.

I've checked multiple Wal-Marts, Kmarts, Target, GameStops, Sam's Club and Best Buy the past three days and no luck.

#96 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

I went to a Toysrus today in Glendale, AZ that had so many 3 packs and Darklight Crypts that they couldn't even all fit on the shelves (Probably around 20 or so of each one). Unfortunately they were all the (Hex, Dino-Rang, Zap) and (Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball) which I don't need. No single packs or Legendary packs. At the Glendale Sears they had one single Drobot and nothing else.

I lucked out and got the 3DS version last week from amazon warehouse deals for $49 "like new". It arrives in a couple days.

A lot of people want that Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom triple pack. Goes for about $50 on ebay.

I also got the 3DS version from Amazon Warehouse for $49. Was listed as very good and that's the way it came. I just wanted Ignitor basically so I'll sell stealth elf and the game and maybe the dark spyro but he looks cooler than the normal spyro so I'm not sure yet.

#97 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Personally I think it's worth getting at least two characters of each element. If you're playing two-player it helps to have two characters with the same element since sometimes a section that requires a specific element will be difficult if both players don't have the same element. For example, some water-only sections require the character to physically go into the water and since you're tethered to the second player, not being able to bring the second character into the water limits the movement of the first player. I hope that made sense.

Plus the more characters you "collect," the more XP you gain. Also I think there's an elemental bonus for having more than one character of each element as well as other challenges to unlock.

Of course none of these perks really affect the gameplay itself but if you like two characters of the same element I say go for it.

Thanks for the info, that is really good to know. I don't know that I will ever get to play multiplayer on it since most of my family doesn't like to play games with me :cry: but that is definitely something I should keep in mind.

I have some elements with more than one character so I will check what happens with those and maybe pick some of the ones up that I really like... I definitely plan to pick some more up down the road (because as others said, there is a really good chance they will be really cheap soon :D ) just because I think they are cool, so if there are bonuses for doing so, that would be awesome!

Regular price on the starter packs is $69.99 - how did you spend $79.99 on it at Best Buy? It has always been $69.99 there...

That's what I thought when I was putting together a set for my son for Christmas. Now I'm out looking for the rest ;). So it wouldn't hurt to get more. If you can, get them from somewhere with a generous return policy (like 90 days at Target). If you start playing and then don't need the extras you can return the unopened ones.

It doesn't take long to upgrade them, so using multiples is not as big a deal as I thought.

Oops, that was a typo, I only paid $69.99, but still a little more than I would like to pay since I have already spent so much on Skylanders already... I at least wish Toy's R Us or someone would do a Buy 1 Get 1 x% off or Buy 2 Get 1 Free so I could get a little savings. I just feel like I'm going to turn around and these things are going to be on clearance everywhere, so I don't want to be kicking myself in a few months for getting caught up in the rush and spending so much on it.

I definitely will keep picking up some more figures now that I have the facts! I was going to change my Amazon order to get the triple pack that included Double Trouble and Whirlwind, but it looks like pretty much everything is sold out again, so I guess I will just keep my order. I wasn't really that into Drill Sergeant anyway, so I'm not too terribly upset... thought it would be nice to get a, basically, free figure.

Thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate it!

#98 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

I wouldn't buy them from TRU. Screw them and their price gouging.

The only place I have seen any Skylanders since after Christmas was two Wal-Marts. One of them only had 2 of Bash (which I bought one) and the other only had 1 VooDood (which I passed on). Toys R Us had some when I picked up the starter kit there (since it was on-sale) but again, I'm not buying them there.

I've checked multiple Wal-Marts, Kmarts, Target, GameStops, Sam's Club and Best Buy the past three days and no luck.

agreed- but if the alternative is Amazon/Ebay, but $2 isn't a lot.

I haven't had any trouble finding any of them.. I went out when the game came out and got a full set for myself. In November/December I got my nephew enough to ensure that he had a set of 8, and I also snagged the Wave 2 figures on my first trip.

I don't know if things have changed in the post-christmas market, but I'd imagine they haven't. If anyone is looking for something, let me know. I can try to find it.
Spoiler

#99 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

agreed- but if the alternative is Amazon/Ebay, but $2 isn't a lot.

I haven't had any trouble finding any of them.. I went out when the game came out and got a full set for myself. In November/December I got my nephew enough to ensure that he had a set of 8, and I also snagged the Wave 2 figures on my first trip.

I don't know if things have changed in the post-christmas market, but I'd imagine they haven't. If anyone is looking for something, let me know. I can try to find it.

You are more than likely wrong haha

Things have changed drastically in the post-xmas market. i regularly saw these everywhere fully stocked and one day they all vanished.
Posted Image

#100 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

You are more than likely wrong haha

Things have changed drastically in the post-xmas market. i regularly saw these everywhere fully stocked and one day they all vanished.

Both of my best buys seem to have a pretty good inventory based on some trips I've made in the last 2 weeks. Target seemed to be a bit of a mess, but they had figures.

Granted- i wasn't looking for any at the time, so they may have all been the same, but the shelves were stocked.
Spoiler

#101 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

I am a manager at a Target store and we're not even expecting any until the middle of next week. I went to a Gamestop today and they told me the same thing. Everybody around here is totally out of them. Honestly I don't even expect the company to ship any of them out until next week so I should just give up looking until then.

#102 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Both of my best buys seem to have a pretty good inventory based on some trips I've made in the last 2 weeks. Target seemed to be a bit of a mess, but they had figures.

Granted- i wasn't looking for any at the time, so they may have all been the same, but the shelves were stocked.

You are lucky my man.

I got lucky today and picked up Hex, Wrecking Ball, and Zap at Best Buy. They had 3 others and that was it. Boomer, Dino-Rang, and Eruptor I think. I did in-store pickup when I saw they were in-stock and got lucky as I was interested in all 3 especially Zap to co-op the water parts with Gill "BEASTMODE" Grunt
Posted Image

#103 io

io

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

I don't know if things have changed in the post-christmas market, but I'd imagine they haven't.

Funniest statement of the year. YES, it changed dramatically post-Christmas. But in particular from around the 27th-28th on. They were still around the day or two after but then all the people who got them for presents were out looking for more figs.

You are lucky my man.

I got lucky today and picked up Hex, Wrecking Ball, and Zap at Best Buy. They had 3 others and that was it. Boomer, Dino-Rang, and Eruptor I think. I did in-store pickup when I saw they were in-stock and got lucky as I was interested in all 3 especially Zap to co-op the water parts with Gill "BEASTMODE" Grunt

I did a store pickup too. I haven't gotten it yet but I called last night to see what they pulled and it is apparently Hex, Boomer, and Zap. We have the latter two so I will probably just cancel the order when I'm there and buy Hex on its own (and use an RZ cert in the process).

By the way, the Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang 3-pack is in stock at Amazon right now:

http://www.amazon.co...6324862&sr=1-12

#104 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

I got one of the new Empire of Ice Adventure sets today while at the Walmart in Goodyear, AZ. They had about six of that set left along with 3 Pirate sets and about 30 random singles from waves 1 & 2. The lady in electronics said they had just put them out this morning. I then went to the Goodyear Toysrus (still looking to get a Chop Chop and a Legendary set) and they had about 30 of the triple packs (Hex, Wrecking Ball, Zap & Stealth Elf, Wrecking Ball, Sonic Boom) and a ton of Darklight Crypts. They had all Skylanders marked at 15% off which still makes them more expensive then every other store but they had the Darklight Crypts on sale for $14.99.

#105 io

io

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Now that's a surprise (Empire of Ice being out already). If I could snag one of those when I'm out later my son will be uber-excited. But I somehow doubt I'd find that ;).

#106 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

Now that's a surprise (Empire of Ice being out already). If I could snag one of those when I'm out later my son will be uber-excited. But I somehow doubt I'd find that ;).

They're selling on ebay already for $100+ which is ridiculous.

#107 io

io

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

Several single-packs are in stock now at Amazon in addition to that 3-pack.
Just go to this link for Bash and click on the rest:

http://www.amazon.co...26333168&sr=1-1

Bash, Stump Smash, Prism Break (needed that one), Voodood (just got that in the mail yesterday from Amazon), and Drobot (cool fig with awesome laser power to blow through levels/bosses) are all available.

#108 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

I ran around several stores today in Anderson, SC and Greenville, SC and found multiples of Zap, Hex, Boomer, DnoRang and Ignitor.....if only I could find Sonic Boom or Flameslinger.

Will have to hit stores next week for the Empire of Ice and pirate adventure 3-packs.

#109 io

io

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

^^ Ignitor? Do you mean Eruptor? Ignitor is the one in the 3DS pack that will eventually be released separately but I don't think that is until a few months from now.

#110 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

^^ Ignitor? Do you mean Eruptor? Ignitor is the one in the 3DS pack that will eventually be released separately but I don't think that is until a few months from now.

Yeah. My bad......I meant Eruptor. My kids are dying for Ignitor too. I also happen to think it's the coolest looking one.

#111 io

io

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

Prism Break and Stump Smash are already OOS again at Amazon. That was quick. The rest I listed are still there. I would jump on Drobot quickly if you have any interest.

#112 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

I checked Best Buy's website today and saw that they had three packs in-stock. I ran up there and grabbed a Hex, Dino-Rang, and Zap three pack. They had a single Stump Smash that somebody just returned too and I grabbed it as well.

#113 io

io

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

I went to TRU, Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy tonight and saw not a single skylanders 1-pack, 3-pack, or adventure pack. And even the 3DS starter packs are starting to run low.

I did pick up my store pickup order from Best Buy (got Hex). And I was glad I was able to spot it when Prism Break was in stock at Amazon earlier in the day and got that ordered.

That leaves only Chop-Chop, Drill Sargeant, and Whirlwind (plus the Legendary pack and the 3DS pack figures) left to get.

#114 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

This reminds me of seeing people rummage through Hot Wheels bins at Toys R Us after the trucks came in.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#115 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

That leaves only Chop-Chop, Drill Sargeant, and Whirlwind (plus the Legendary pack and the 3DS pack figures) left to get.

Those are the one's I still need also not counting the 3DS figures.

#116 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Saw Empire of Ice for preorder at walmart.com

Posted this in the deals thread as well and ofcouce it brought out the shinny happy people because it wasnt a "deal" lol. Here is the link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylanders...i-Wii/19721313

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#117 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Saw Empire of Ice for preorder at walmart.com

Posted this in the deals thread as well and ofcouce it brought out the shinny happy people because it wasnt a "deal" lol. Here is the link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylanders...i-Wii/19721313

I actually found the Empire of Ice pack at Best Buy. Couldn't believe it.

#118 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

Going to have to check my local Walmart for that adventure pack tomorrow.

Anyone have a favorite Skylander they use? Should I snort and laugh as I ask that? I feel like such a nerd.

Anyway, I've only briefly played with each of them to check out their starting abilities. So far the ones I liked best were Drobot, Flameslinger, and Terrafin.

If asked what my favorite characters were I'd go with Chop chop, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, and Sonic Boom.

#119 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

I actually found the Empire of Ice pack at Best Buy. Couldn't believe it.

I did too, 2 of them. I was totaly shocked. Canceled my Walmart preorder lol. I went to 2 different Walmarts on the way home and found 5 different one I didnt have. SO i ended up grabbing Hex, Boomer, Wrecking Ball, Zap and Dino-Rang. Still need a leaf and wind one.

I have a question. This Volcanic Vault, so i understand it a one time use thing that just unlocks something? I really dont want to spend a ton of money on something that you use one time to register it with a game save and never use it again. If thats the case would someone that has it be nice and maybe share? Would pay for shipping to me and turn around and ship it right back? Pretty please? lol :bouncy:

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#120 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

I wouldn't bother. I had the same idea and looked into it. The Volcanic Vault that comes with the Wii, 360 and PS3 Starter sets (I hear that it's in the ones sold by themselves) not n the ones in the Best Buy Mega-packs or the 3DS, is only a VS. board. And not even a "new one" at that. It's just a new skin for the Aquaduct one where instead of water, you have Lave.