Photo
- - - - -

Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2469 replies to this topic

#1171 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

I finally received two of my prizes (I won a lot of times) from the phone contest. There were two numbers - one awarded you with a random figure and one awarded you with a limited edition version of Stump Smash.

Today, I received two of the random figures - Boomer and Wrecking Ball. These are the same two that it appears EVERYONE is getting via the random number.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1172 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Damn. I only called one of the numbers. Hopefully it was the Stump Smash one.

#1173 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

OK, related but not. How in the hell did any of you guys beat Kaos in the final battle without dying? Granted I was playing with my 5 year old which handicaps it a bit, but even still I dropped about 6-8 Skylanders myself, and he killed off another 15, with nobody but a maxed out Stump Smash looking at us for backup. Tough boss battle!

It was definitely a tough one. I used about 25 of my 36 Skylanders to beat his behind. It took me about an hour. It's definitely a grinding match. I found that the range Skylanders are the best option. There's no trick to my upgrades. I haven't upgraded anything nor did the challenges. They're at level 7-10 and I just stuck it out.

Took me almost all of my Skylanders but I did it. Some advice if there's any I can offer: Memorize what the dragons do and recognize the pattern the obstacles will give you (i.e. the fire starts in the middle, and rotates around so go duck in the any of the four cornered edges.) Also, it might be worth it to sacrifice your weaker Skylanders to continuously hit Kaos while taking damage :)
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#1174 io

io

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

It was definitely a tough one. I used about 25 of my 36 Skylanders to beat his behind. It took me about an hour. It's definitely a grinding match. I found that the range Skylanders are the best option. There's no trick to my upgrades. I haven't upgraded anything nor did the challenges. They're at level 7-10 and I just stuck it out.

Took me almost all of my Skylanders but I did it. Some advice if there's any I can offer: Memorize what the dragons do and recognize the pattern the obstacles will give you (i.e. the fire starts in the middle, and rotates around so go duck in the any of the four cornered edges.) Also, it might be worth it to sacrifice your weaker Skylanders to continuously hit Kaos while taking damage :)

Wait, you mean you switched them around and still got the trophy/achievement? I guess that makes sense. For some reason I had it in my head that you had to use the same one start to finish and not die. So that's the way me and my son did it. I mean, if me and my 9 year-old can do it, I'm sure you guys can. We each used one and one one Skylander and buffed with the helper items but that was it. They key is to pound on the minions as soon as possible and just take them out quickly. And of course avoid the hazards - but that part isn't too hard. And yeah, ranged helps a ton - I think like I said before we did it with Drobot and Trigger Happy.

#1175 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just the opposite was true for me. If you focus on attacking Kaos, after he takes enough damage the minions just automatically die. I beat him solo with Gill Grunt.
Posted Image

#1176 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Damn I need to save this thread. I just started playing this game around Mother's Day weekend and having a blast. I'm also missing the "final three" characters in the game: Warnado, Camo and Wham-Shell. I actually had War and Cam on order at Walmart.com but had to cancel due to a billing error that can't be changed because their site sucks balls for ordering.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1177 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I guess no one here has done Lightning Rod's Bonus Challenge.

The 360 & PS3 appear to have a glitch where you can't finish it except with Lightning Rod himself. The setup is killing enemies and teleporting to find a mask at the end. Simple, however, if you play with any Skylander other than LR the mask isn't there resulting in "Challenge Failed."

The work around is starting the challenge as LR and dying. After dying you can change to any other Skylander letting you find the mask. This may or may not require doing it on a new save file. I did it on a new save file.

I only have 1 challenge left(Wham-Shell's whenever he decides to show up from Amazon) with Stealth Elf and she'll be maxed out. She's a beast.

#1178 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

I guess no one here has done Lightning Rod's Bonus

The work around is starting the challenge as LR and dying. After dying you can change to any other Skylander letting you find the mask. This may or may not require doing it on a new save file. I did it on a new save file.

Don't the heroic challenges end if you die in the middle of them?

#1179 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Don't the heroic challenges end if you die in the middle of them?

He covered that.
Posted Image

#1180 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

It ends for that character, but it lets you start over with a new character if you want.

#1181 io

io

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just the opposite was true for me. If you focus on attacking Kaos, after he takes enough damage the minions just automatically die. I beat him solo with Gill Grunt.

Yeah, I forgot about that (we did this so long ago). I think we did that as well - the minions do just disappear. I think maybe that's what we did, actually. I just know they went away really fast.

#1182 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Toysrus has Voodood in stock.

They are also selling it on ebay as well.

I went with the ebay route since they only charged $2.99 shipping from ebay but from toysrus.com it was $4.99

#1183 io

io

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I finally received two of my prizes (I won a lot of times) from the phone contest. There were two numbers - one awarded you with a random figure and one awarded you with a limited edition version of Stump Smash.

Today, I received two of the random figures - Boomer and Wrecking Ball. These are the same two that it appears EVERYONE is getting via the random number.

I wish I had called the other number more than once with my name - I though that wouldn't work (one per household).

Anyway, my wife apparently "won" on the other number and today in the mail: Boomer. D'oh! Oh well, would have prefered Wrecking Ball just as a toy to give my 2 year-old to play with. But she kind of likes "Boom-Boom" as well.

I know we called different numbers, though, so hopefully I get the flocked Stump Smash at least.

#1184 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

I can't find a single Voodood either. I still need him, Camo, and Warnado until I have all of them.

#1185 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

Don't know if anyone would be interested but I have a Camo and Ignitor that came out of the three pack. The only one I need out of it was Warnado, just got them tonight. Only one I need is Wham-shell. Would like to trade both for 1 whamshell or whatever. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#1186 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Just a reminder, TRU will have Blue Bash available starting on Sunday 6/17.

Also next week

All Starter packs $39.99
All 3 packs and adventure packs $19.99

#1187 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Trust me, I appreciate the reminder. Thanks.

#1188 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

I still have yet to find a Wham-Shell. And he's the last one I need... :-(

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#1189 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just a reminder, TRU will have Blue Bash available starting on Sunday 6/17.

In store only I'm guessing? It's not showing up online.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#1190 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

In store only I'm guessing? It's not showing up online.

Yes, in store. He shouldn't be hard to find. My store got in 10 cases, there were still 8 cases sealed and 8 figures on pegs when I walked into work this morning.

#1191 io

io

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

Yes, in store. He shouldn't be hard to find. My store got in 10 cases, there were still 8 cases sealed and 8 figures on pegs when I walked into work this morning.

Wow, really? So this is going to be like the Legendary 3-packs (and Trigger Happy) that are still sitting everywhere now.

I got in on the web site preorder for Blue Bash a couple months ago. It kind of sucks that it cost so much that way (nearly $15 with shipping). Had I known they would flood the stores with them now I would have sold mine ;). Especially since my kids have completely lost interest in the game. I gave them the elusive Wham-Shell a couple weeks ago and they played with it for 30 minutes and haven't played Skylanders since. Oh wells...

#1192 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

I picked up Blue Bash from my local Toys r Us. When my kid saw he wasn't blue in the game, he lost interest real fast too. He recently finished the game by himself, and now he's on to new games. 90% of this being bought off of Best Buy credit sure helps just seeing hem sit there now.

#1193 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'm seriously wondering what I got myself into. I have 10 unopened figures sitting in my closet and my daughter doesn't seem to care about the game much anymore. I was previously giving them to her as rewards for chores and the like but now I'm wondering if I should just "unveil" them when Giants comes out.
Posted Image

#1194 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

So I was hunting for the last 3-pack (camo, ignitor, warnado) im missing for the last couple of weeks and Here im walking inside gamestop and saw a little boy paying the same 3-pack at the counter!!! waaaah!! I missed it by like a minute or so!! of course that was the last stock they had.

in order news, i just saw the walmart exclusive "pure red drill sergeant" on shelves! pass on it since it was so ugly...

why would they make these kinds of variants? first the gold and silver variants, and blue bash TRU exclusive and now this red drill sergeant!! sheeesh! they could have least picked a better character.

#1195 io

io

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

WTF!? Here's yet another variation I hadn't heard of:

http://www.ebay.com/...&_qi=RTM1066540

Glow in the dark!? They have made so many different variations it definitely has killed the collectability of it for me - there's just too many to get. So I'm stopping now.

#1196 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

I actually took back the Blue Bash. Thinking about nabbing a Dark Spyro though. They'd have to be an in game variant for my kid to care. Although that red Drill Sergeant you speak of sounds interesting.

#1197 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Is dark spyro available as a single pack in the states yet? or will it ever be?

#1198 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

I havent got that far but ive heard terrafin annihilates kaos

Wow...yes indeed. Just popped 1000/1000 cheevos last night thanks to Terrafin. It still took awhile, but for anyone who is curious, I went for it at about a level 7, so I got free health during level ups while fighting him. Between that and leaving food out on the platform until I had to have it, and liberally using Spark, Pirate Swords, and health vials, I was able to beat him. That was pretty tough though. Great game. High re-playability, and tons of fun to play by yourself or with kids.

#1199 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm seriously wondering what I got myself into. I have 10 unopened figures sitting in my closet and my daughter doesn't seem to care about the game much anymore. I was previously giving them to her as rewards for chores and the like but now I'm wondering if I should just "unveil" them when Giants comes out.

HAAA HAAA! I can mostly relate. My son still gets pretty excited about them, but since we beat the game, I usually have to suggest Skylanders as the game of choice if we're going to play. Still have the Ignitor 3 pack, Slam Bamm, and Whamshell unopened and on a shelf waiting as rewards.

He needs 10 stars to get one, and is only at 1 right now, so it could be awhile!

#1200 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Wow...yes indeed. Just popped 1000/1000 cheevos last night thanks to Terrafin. It still took awhile, but for anyone who is curious, I went for it at about a level 7, so I got free health during level ups while fighting him. Between that and leaving food out on the platform until I had to have it, and liberally using Spark, Pirate Swords, and health vials, I was able to beat him. That was pretty tough though. Great game. High re-playability, and tons of fun to play by yourself or with kids.

Cpongats. I did it with Cynder. She probably has the edge with her range attack and still being able to duck underground. I started with a fully leveled Stealth Elf, but having to get in close for combat was killing me. Switched to a leveled up Cynder and my health never even dipped to the halfway point.