Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2452 replies to this topic

#1201 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

The Skylanders Sidekicks Frito-Lay bags have begun popping up in stores. Way you get the sidekicks is pretty awkward though. Each bag has a card, and you need to mail in $2 shipping + card + upc to get a sidekick. Awkward part is how you choose which Sidekick you want. You rank the ones available in order of what you want, and they send you one, and they make it clear they cannot guarantee you get your choice. There's also a limit of four per household.

#1202 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

WTF!? Here's yet another variation I hadn't heard of:

http://www.ebay.com/...&_qi=RTM1066540

Glow in the dark!? They have made so many different variations it definitely has killed the collectability of it for me - there's just too many to get. So I'm stopping now.

How about the "Flocked" stump smash? That's fetching a pretty penny too.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Can you believe this guy trying to cash in on this craze? Wait, that user name looks familiar...
Posted Image

#1203 io

io

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

How about the "Flocked" stump smash? That's fetching a pretty penny too.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Can you believe this guy trying to cash in on this craze? Wait, that user name looks familiar...

Yeah, well, I know where that one comes from at least - though I'm kind of pissed because I never got mine (from the earlier Frito-Lay promo). Thanks for pointing it out, actually - I didn't realize anyone had gotten one yet but it appears there are quite a few sold recently. When did you get yours?

I did pick up the new Frito-Lay variety pack tonight at Target. It is a big bag full of the snack-size packs of chips and it was $6.99. So that + $2 and a stamp and I can pick a "baby" Skylander. My 4 year-old has already chosen Gil Runt. Given that he knows we'll get that (or at least one of them) I'm already locked out from trying to sell it for the big bucks ;). Much to my surprise, I don't see any of the mini ones on sale on eBay yet. Considering that Wombat got a set (at E3) they are out there - so frankly I'm shocked none are up for sale.

As for the promo itself, I'd really rather not have to buy the big packs of chips because all that happens with those is the kids get into them and eat them all in a day or two which is definitely not a healthy thing. I found several bags in the garbage already and we just got the pack Sunday evening! We actually used to buy those during the school year to put in their lunches but now that they are out of school they have time to sit at home and eat them. I guess we need to get a padlock for the pantry or a food safe or something ;).

#1204 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

or ya know, teach your kids that they don't have free reign on the pantry. :lol:

#1205 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, well, I know where that one comes from at least - though I'm kind of pissed because I never got mine (from the earlier Frito-Lay promo). Thanks for pointing it out, actually - I didn't realize anyone had gotten one yet but it appears there are quite a few sold recently. When did you get yours?

</p>
I got mine on Friday or Saturday.
Spoiler

#1206 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I did pick up the new Frito-Lay variety pack tonight at Target. It is a big bag full of the snack-size packs of chips and it was $6.99. So that + $2 and a stamp and I can pick a "baby" Skylander. My 4 year-old has already chosen Gil Runt. Given that he knows we'll get that (or at least one of them) I'm already locked out from trying to sell it for the big bucks ;). Much to my surprise, I don't see any of the mini ones on sale on eBay yet. Considering that Wombat got a set (at E3) they are out there - so frankly I'm shocked none are up for sale.

As for the promo itself, I'd really rather not have to buy the big packs of chips because all that happens with those is the kids get into them and eat them all in a day or two which is definitely not a healthy thing. I found several bags in the garbage already and we just got the pack Sunday evening! We actually used to buy those during the school year to put in their lunches but now that they are out of school they have time to sit at home and eat them. I guess we need to get a padlock for the pantry or a food safe or something ;).

I got mine on Saturday and put it up as a one day auction to strike while the iron is hot. I didn't realize that this is what I was entering for, I thought I was getting a baby skylander but this thing is a full figure. It's really pretty cool but I'm not interested in collecting variants at all. The Legendary Trigger Happy that my daughter picked out is the only one we have.

I've recently started dieting (lost 16lbs BTW!) so I don't think I want to bring a box of temptation into the house and I'm going to consider these toys a variant as well so I can block out my "need" for them.

Now if I could just get that Wham Shell...
Posted Image

#1207 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I've got two Whamshells for people still out of luck. I bought one to surprise my son with, then my parents showed up with one for him too, so both are still in the box. I'm not a pro on shipping things around and doing the whole person to person e-commerce, but if someone wants to make an offer and guide me on the shipping, I can hook you up. PM me if you're interested. I had planned on taking the second one back to Target otherwise.

#1208 io

io

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

or ya know, teach your kids that they don't have free reign on the pantry. :lol:

Easy to say - we have 5 kids and we can't watch every one of them every minute of the day. When my 12 year-old sneaks a pack of food up to the game room (where he's not supposed to eat anyway) I usually don't find out about it till a day or two later when I find the package behind the couch. Then he gets punished but he'll do it again later anyway. Pre-teens and whatnot ;). Then I've got a 4 year-old that will drag chars over and get up high to get the snacks. We try to stop that but there's only so many times per day you can punish someone - you have to pick your battles. That's why we are seriously considering a lock - that way they have to ask for everything which will be enough of a pain (me and my wife can't spend all day prepping and retrieving food for people).

But anyway, I'm going to send in the Frito-Lay card today I think. This early on we shouldn't have trouble getting the one we want (my son wants Gil Runt) but who knows - they could also just be starting production and maybe won't have a big supply of all of them this early. Of course for this first one it doesn't matter since we don't have any yet. Hopefully they don't take the full 8-10 weeks for delivery.

The promo runs through beginning of November by the way - so plenty of time to get these.

#1209 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

The Skylanders Sidekicks Frito-Lay bags have begun popping up in stores. Way you get the sidekicks is pretty awkward though. Each bag has a card, and you need to mail in $2 shipping + card + upc to get a sidekick. Awkward part is how you choose which Sidekick you want. You rank the ones available in order of what you want, and they send you one, and they make it clear they cannot guarantee you get your choice. There's also a limit of four per household.

Are the bags marked with skylander promo on them?

#1210 io

io

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Are the bags marked with skylander promo on them?

Yeah, my little ones spotted them right away - can't miss 'em ;).

Note that these are the big bags of variety packs, not regular chip bags.

#1211 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

People are selling the redemption cards + UPC on ebay now as well for the new promotion.

#1212 weevles

weevles

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Gah, more junk food for toys promos. :cry:

#1213 io

io

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

D'oh - when I did an eBay search last night I was searching on "mini" and "pet" and also on the names (such as Gil Runt). I found nothing. When using the keyword "sidekick" you get all those voucher + UPC auctions plus this one for the figures in hand:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab93df988

Wombat may regret taking those home and letting his kids play with them ;).

Like I said earlier, with this promo running until Nov (or at least you have that long to mail the forms in) I doubt these will be as rare as the guy in that auction claims. I'm not sure why it is bid up so high ($510 when I posted it). You can buy 4 packs of Frito-Lay at $7 each and add $2 for shipping and 4 stamps and that is about $38 and you have a ton of chips to eat (or give away) in addition. Of course you aren't guaranteed all 4 different ones, but I'd rather take my chances that way than spend over $500!

#1214 weevles

weevles

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

Well, ebay rarely makes much sense.

#1215 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I got one of those Flocked Stump Smashes in the mail today from Frito Lay...it's actually pretty cool looking. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet.

#1216 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Finally found the last 3-pack (camo, ignitor, warnado) in walmart! All regular skylanders are mine now!! YAY!!! Im happy i got all of them without paying anything above retail. So happy! Now to decide whether to continue buying or stop when Giants comes out.

#1217 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

I got one of those Flocked Stump Smashes in the mail today from Frito Lay...it's actually pretty cool looking. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet.

I just got one in the mail as well, now if I can just get a Wamshell to complete everything

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#1218 JayTL

JayTL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

I just got one in the mail as well, now if I can just get a Wamshell to complete everything

Still in stock on Amazon

#1219 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

If you haven't gotten a Flocked Stump Smash and you won on the phone, don't give up hope yet! I also got mine yesterday and had only called in once, because I didn't want to abuse the system. I had wondered if it was a mistake, but it finally came and it is quite cool, the kids loved it. The fuzz really fits his character well, it looks like moss. I only wish they had left the base green like they left his eyes untouched instead of flocking the whole thing.

#1220 io

io

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Mine finally came today.

#1221 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Where have the Frito-Lay Sidekicks bags been found? I checked Walmart, Meijer and Target today w/o any luck finding them.
If its free, its for me!!

#1222 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

I just got my free skylander today, its regular stump smash, but hey it was free. I don't play the game so I will save it for when I get the game down the road.

#1223 io

io

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Where have the Frito-Lay Sidekicks bags been found? I checked Walmart, Meijer and Target today w/o any luck finding them.

I found them at Target several days ago.

#1224 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

I found them at Target several days ago.

What part of the US are you in? I'm thinking the promo packs havent reached Grand Rapids MI or they havent made it to the shelves yet.

#1225 io

io

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

What part of the US are you in? I'm thinking the promo packs havent reached Grand Rapids MI or they havent made it to the shelves yet.

I'm in the Pacific NW and we always get things way later than everyone else it seems. So keep looking ;). For example, we didn't get the Olympic themed Coke 12-packs (that gave free sweeps entries on My Coke Rewards) until the promo was pretty much over.

You are looking for the ~$7 multi-packs of chips, right? They aren't on regular chip bags.

My wife got a second bag at another store (local grocery store) a couple days ago. I already sent my first one in with "Gil Runt" as the first choice (as that's the one my 4 year-old son wanted the most). His last choice is Whisper Elf, but I have a feeling that one will be popular so I think I'll put that as my first choice on the second one I send in.

#1226 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Found them today in walmart

I'm in Indiana

Picked up 8 bags total hoping to get two sets.One for me and another for family.Already got everything filled out just got to get the money orders from the bank on Monday and they will be going out :)

hopefully i got in early enough to get 2 complete sets

#1227 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yes, I've been checking the $6-$8 packs, (20 count?).

Just got back from Kmart, none there either.

#1228 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Walmart has new Red Drill Sgt LE. Online here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=324531
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#1229 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Mine finally came today.

Did you mess up on the address mentioning as well? Or did you correct it?

I took a gamble and never corrected it.
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#1230 io

io

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Did you mess up on the address mentioning as well? Or did you correct it?

I took a gamble and never corrected it.

At first I had no idea what you were talking about and then I remembered the address thing. I think I messed it up.