Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2468 replies to this topic

#1501 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

^ Went looking for those at mine, but i didn't see them. All they had was Hex and Stump Smash.

Anyway - Tips&Tricks! It may be obvious, but i've been using my old maxed out Skylanders to buy things at the store. I figure they don't have anymore upgrades coming their way and their money is just going to waste. So every time the shop gets new items, I switch over to one of my S1 starts that has like, 5k in coins and buy up everything.

I went through all of the available heroic challenges for Fright Rider tonight. He is awesome.
Spoiler

#1502 io

io

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

So how long is wave 2 exclusive to toysrus?

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I went to TRU around noon Tuesday and they told me the Wave 2 singles sold out in 20 minutes when they opened on Monday. That's as good as them not being available so I'd like to know when they will be released elsewhere - screw TRU and their exclusives and inconvenient locations :bomb:.

I did go to Kmart and Fred Meyer and they both had plenty of single packs from Wave 1 (Pop Fizz, Chill, Fright Rider that is). And the lightcores don't seem to be selling much at all. Those are piled up everywhere - even TRU.

#1503 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Supposedly, Wave 2 is TRU exclusive for 30 days.

Supposedly, some folks are finding Wave 2 figures elsewhere.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1504 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yesterday I hit up a Target, WM, BBY and multiple GS's and had no luck with wave 2's. Target's locator says they have Wave 2 3 packs in, but even though the online id is different for each item, the physical locator goes off of the generic sku they use for every 3 pack, so its most likely all going to be Wave 1's

A city 20 miles away got some rare games in and also has a TRU in the mall so I guess i'll be making a trek after work today to see what I can find.

538822.png

#1505 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Wave 2 isn't exclusive to TRU, as was originally thought. They just got their "restock" earlier than most other stores. Supposedly TFB were well on their way to ramping up production for Wave 2 figures when they had more demand from retailers for figures. So, Wave 2 shipped early. TRU has a much higher demand than other stores, their displays tend to be much larger, so it was seen there first. Wave 2 has been seen at Walmart, Best Buy and Target - the thing that is probably driving how soon the stores get it is how fast it was anticipated they would go through their stock.

With a huge TRU a few miles away, my Target still had a bunch of figures, including several Granite Crushers as of last night. With the sale at TRU, there is no reason to get anything other than him at Target. I would imagine they will be slow on getting Wave 2.

#1506 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Okay, so we are just now getting Spryos Adventure, how hard is it gonna be to track down all the characters (regular versions only, may get the legendary triple pack though)? Will they be getting phased out?

#1507 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Okay, so we are just now getting Spryos Adventure, how hard is it gonna be to track down all the characters (regular versions only, may get the legendary triple pack though)? Will they be getting phased out?

Not that bad, given that the reposes will work in the old game too. That means that you can get the new ones which are readily available and use them for both, in fact that would be best given that the new ones also have extra abilities in Giants. Three of the four in each element were reposed. The only ones you may have trouble finding are:

Voodood
Boomer
Ghost Roaster
Camo
Warnado
Dinorang
Sunburn
Wham Shell

because they were the ones not reposed, and won't be getting re-released. Wham Shell came out last and is particularly hard to find. Ghost Roaster and Sunurn come only in Adventure Packs (which work in Giants too).

The only issue you will have is trying to enter the collector game right now, because some likely will not be reprinted. If you just want a version of each character and don't care about variants, you should be ok. The ones listed above are the only old ones to look out for, the rest you have new versions of them to find as well and should be easier to locate.

#1508 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Maybe old news.... Looks like Amazon has some of the new ones in stock.

http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B008OSDHXM

#1509 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Not that bad, given that the reposes will work in the old game too. That means that you can get the new ones which are readily available and use them for both, in fact that would be best given that the new ones also have extra abilities in Giants. Three of the four in each element were reposed. The only ones you may have trouble finding are:

Voodood
Boomer
Ghost Roaster
Camo
Warnado
Dinorang
Sunburn
Wham Shell

because they were the ones not reposed, and won't be getting re-released. Wham Shell came out last and is particularly hard to find. Ghost Roaster and Sunurn come only in Adventure Packs (which work in Giants too).

The only issue you will have is trying to enter the collector game right now, because some likely will not be reprinted. If you just want a version of each character and don't care about variants, you should be ok. The ones listed above are the only old ones to look out for, the rest you have new versions of them to find as well and should be easier to locate.

That's the thing...we would like to get all the series 1 poses and not bother with series 2. Is that going to an issue you think? Especially if we're not running out to grab all of them at once, I feel like the longer we wait to get them all the less likely it will happen.

Thanks for the insight!

#1510 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

That's the thing...we would like to get all the series 1 poses and not bother with series 2. Is that going to an issue you think? Especially if we're not running out to grab all of them at once, I feel like the longer we wait to get them all the less likely it will happen.

Thanks for the insight!

Yeah, there are many that won't get made anymore, you will be depending on luck to find the Series 1. Series 1 is inferior to Series 2 since you don't get the extra abilities and both work in both games (except for the new characters), so they do not have incentive to make more. The only reason to get Series 1 is if you prefer those poses, the internals are superior in the Series 2, with no disadvantages. A Series 2 Zook operates as a Series 1 Zook in Spyro's Adventure (although if he has acquired anything in Giants that isn't available in SSA - levels above 10, hats, etc, it will not appear).

#1511 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Supposedly, Wave 2 is TRU exclusive for 30 days.

Supposedly, some folks are finding Wave 2 figures elsewhere.

Are you going to try and get all the variants again this time?

#1512 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

There is a Giants castle storage case at TRU that advertises a packed-in Wham Shell if anyone is still having difficulty finding him.

#1513 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

There is a Giants castle storage case at TRU that advertises a packed-in Wham Shell if anyone is still having difficulty finding him.

I can't believe how much trouble this one has given people, I was lucky enough to get it on Amazon but jeez, I've only seen it at the store once but I'm sure it didn't last too long since it was early in the morning.

#1514 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Any other new characters sell out on amazon ?

Only new one I'm seeing is light core jet vac.
Of course there are series 2 reposes but I'm not interested in those.

Just wondering if I missed any others like sprocket or flash wing

#1515 tipio

tipio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

No worries. Flashwing and Sprocket have been MIA. Only have shown up at TRU Monday.

I give it a week and other sites would have them. So much for "30 days exclusivity to TRU". Seeing a wave 2 on amazon has debunked that for me.

#1516 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Welp, TRU in Brandon, FL was a bust. No wave 2 figures at all. They had two huge sections full of Wave 1 & older but a few open rows where im guessing the W2 figs were.

538822.png

#1517 io

io

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Welp, TRU in Brandon, FL was a bust. No wave 2 figures at all. They had two huge sections full of Wave 1 & older but a few open rows where im guessing the W2 figs were.

I went there yesterday (Tues) morning and they told me all the new Wave 2 figs (minus the reposes which were still there) sold out in 20 minutes after they opened Monday morning. They said they might get more on a truck Thursday. But given how far TRU is I'm not even going to bother. The $4 savings on the Flashwing/Sprocket pair is not worth a 30 mile round trip when they might not even have them when I get there anyway.

So, yeah, to whoever said TRU was the place to get them - not so much ;).

I haven't had such a wasted CAG shopping trip in a while. I also hit up 2 Kmarts and couldn't find a decent single clearance game.

#1518 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

I am going to be buying SSA off of Craigslist. Is there anything I need to look for that may be missing? He has already said he doesnt have the trading cards, but Im not worried about that. The girl at Gamestop mentioned something about an activation code??? The guy says its only been used once and it looks good from the pics. Has the game, portal and the 3 figures. Thanks for the help.

#1519 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

The activation code is only for if you want to play the on-line version of the game.

#1520 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thats what I thought. Thanks

#1521 io

io

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Went to Fred Meyer and while they have tons of the Giants and Wave 1 smaller figs, they don't have any wave 2 yet. I'll just keep checking there I suppose.

#1522 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I still haven't seen any wave 2 besides at TRU. Went to Target today and they have a ton of Granite Crushers.

#1523 PlayableMoogle

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

My wife actually picked up Flashwing and Sprocket (wave two) at Target on day one. I was at TRU, and also unexpectedly found them there. I went back the next day (the 22nd), which was supposedly when they were supposed to be released, and found more, in addition to Hot Head and LC Jet Vac. I've only seen the latter two at TRU, but the wave two regular figures are most definitely going through other companies, too.

#1524 PlayableMoogle

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Is anyone else planning on making a run at the Toys 'R Us Giants-Wii bundle with Gnarly Tree Rex?

#1525 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Wife picked up sprocket,flashwing, and hot head at gamestop today when she stopped in to pay on the wii u pre order

:)

#1526 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hothead is up on the TRU website and available:

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=15854546

Don't forget they have Buy 1 get 1 40% off...

#1527 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

^ lies!!!

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#1528 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

There is a graphic on Gamestop.com that says that stores are getting these "Now".Does anyone know if that includes the 3-packs? I want the 3 packs...
Spoiler

#1529 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

There is a graphic on Gamestop.com that says that stores are getting these "Now".Does anyone know if that includes the 3-packs? I want the 3 packs...

Wife told me they had the 3 packs with sprocket and flashwing in them when she was there today and got the singles of both of them.

#1530 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

No Hothead, everything else was out today. Grabbed Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy, both v2. Grabbed a gill grunt keychain too.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699