Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2468 replies to this topic

#1711 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Went to the only Gamestop in the area that still had the guide for the original game listed as being in-stock and ended up finding a Eye-Brawl, Thumpback, and a Scorpion Battle Pack on the shelf. So between those and the guide and a Series 2 Lightning Rod I picked up I ended up dropping like $85.00 in store credit I had. But its nice to know now that I have these guys and wont have to go hunting for them. But I was kind of shocked seeing them on the shelf and with my son in the store with me I knew I was going to be buying them.
I am on the East Coast in Pittsburgh and when I got there around 4:30 pm they only had one of each of the giant "Giants" left on the shelf, but probably had 4-5 Scorpion Battle Packs left.

They also have a deal where if you spend $30.00 on Skylander items you get a free "mini figure" we were able to get two of them. We have the other two from the Frito-Lay promo from the summer but we did seem to lose the little "Gill-Runt" guy somewhere in the house.

http://www.gamestop....id=eml_10000774

...Which part of pittsburgh? Hit up some Gamestops in the eastern suburbs yesterday, found nothing.

#1712 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Went to the only Gamestop in the area that still had the guide for the original game listed as being in-stock and ended up finding a Eye-Brawl, Thumpback, and a Scorpion Battle Pack on the shelf. So between those and the guide and a Series 2 Lightning Rod I picked up I ended up dropping like $85.00 in store credit I had. But its nice to know now that I have these guys and wont have to go hunting for them. But I was kind of shocked seeing them on the shelf and with my son in the store with me I knew I was going to be buying them.
I am on the East Coast in Pittsburgh and when I got there around 4:30 pm they only had one of each of the giant "Giants" left on the shelf, but probably had 4-5 Scorpion Battle Packs left.

They also have a deal where if you spend $30.00 on Skylander items you get a free "mini figure" we were able to get two of them. We have the other two from the Frito-Lay promo from the summer but we did seem to lose the little "Gill-Runt" guy somewhere in the house.

http://www.gamestop....id=eml_10000774

The guy at my store was nice enough to let me return some unopened figures I'd bought over the past week and rebuy them to take advantage of that sidekick deal. Got 3 out of the 4, the only one I didn't get is Gill-Runt.

Didn't see either of the new Giant guys, but I'll definitely pick those up when I do, if I do. I did get that Hot Dog 3-pack, though.

#1713 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

...Which part of pittsburgh? Hit up some Gamestops in the eastern suburbs yesterday, found nothing.

It was the Bethel Park store on Route 88 I found it funny they were there because that also seemed like a store it would get a lot of traffic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1714 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I live close to Robinson, I wonder if the two out that way would have them? It's like a 45 minute drive up there but I have other business up there anyway so the trip will be worth it anyway.

#1715 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I live close to Robinson, I wonder if the two out that way would have them? It's like a 45 minute drive up there but I have other business up there anyway so the trip will be worth it anyway.

At least in Robinson you can hit up four store within a mile of each other.

#1716 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

anyone know of a good place to swap out figures doubt they are worth anything but after splitting up the spryo starter kits im stuck with 4 extra figures (2 of each) not the dark spryo but the other 2)

anyone know of a good swapping place to dump them besides ebay
WOOOO I STINK

#1717 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Did the original figures get a 2nd run? I thought they were discontinued but found a whole bunch at Target today. Picked up the Darklight Crypt which was the last one I was missing from the original game.
If its free, its for me!!

#1718 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Did the original figures get a 2nd run? I thought they were discontinued but found a whole bunch at Target today. Picked up the Darklight Crypt which was the last one I was missing from the original game.

They must have. I definitely saw quite a few at different stores (ToysRus, Gamestop, and Target)

#1719 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

It had to have been a reprint at some point. Because Darklight Crypt is crazy rare, they don't just sit on the shelf for that long.

#1720 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

It had to have been a reprint at some point. Because Darklight Crypt is crazy rare, they don't just sit on the shelf for that long.

Crazy rare? They've got it at Target every time I go. Either nobody has purchased it for a year or they've been getting continual stock.

#1721 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Crazy rare? They've got it at Target every time I go. Either nobody has purchased it for a year or they've been getting continual stock.

Yeah, that one tends to be the one people are looking for, it used to command a high price on Ebay, but has come down lately - probably due to more coming out. Ghost Roaster didn't get a repose, and he is one of the more popular figures that people late to the game want to get. I haven't seen on in a while, but I do see the other three from time to time.

Another hard to find one is Boomer, oddly enough. Those used to clog the shelves, and Frito-Lay sent out tons of them in their free figure promotion in the spring. But for some reason, you can't find him anymore - and since he also didn't get a repose, people want him. Zap also had pretty high demand and low supply, but the Series 2 version is out now in the new Battle Pack, so demand went down.

They cleared up the rarity of Camo/Warnado with a re-release of their 3 pack (complete with the new $25 price point). And Wham Shell was re-printed too, TRU had a bin full of them on Black Friday, and had more after that. Voodood also had a reprint of his 3 pack, and Sunburn's Adventure Pack as well.

#1722 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Just saw a "Darklight Crypt" on the shelves at a local game store for $19.99 wish I had the extra money would have picked it up. They also had the "Empires of Ice" set but that was $29.99 for some reason. Would love to pick up a Boomer or a Voodood I pretty much have the others or their series two versions.

#1723 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

TRU will have the wave 3 Giants on the 25th. Don't know what is planned, (most likely an email that will be available that morning as always), boxes were delivered with a 1/25 hold date on them. Knowing how some stores work, they could already be out at some locations.

Eye Brawl and Thumpback are two per case along with Crusher and Hot Head.

#1724 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

I really want the sidekicks, but my local gamestops are so low on stock i think anyone would be hard pressed to get a full set.
Spoiler

#1725 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

TRU will have the wave 3 Giants on the 25th. Don't know what is planned, (most likely an email that will be available that morning as always), boxes were delivered with a 1/25 hold date on them. Knowing how some stores work, they could already be out at some locations.

Thanks for the heads up. Knowing that there's no 'real' street date on these, will probably mean I may be able to find them before then (or so I hope).

#1726 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

I really want the sidekicks, but my local gamestops are so low on stock i think anyone would be hard pressed to get a full set.

I want to get the full set, but after getting two and seeing how 'useless' they really are, I'm not certain I care enough. My son, of course, thinks differently.

#1727 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the heads up, any idea if Legendary Lightcore Chill is coming then or sometime soon? She was part of the review package sent to press recently that included Eye Brawl and Thumpback.

#1728 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up, any idea if Legendary Lightcore Chill is coming then or sometime soon? She was part of the review package sent to press recently that included Eye Brawl and Thumpback.

I've heard this being called Wave 4, anything else besides the gaints?

#1729 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

I've heard this being called Wave 4, anything else besides the gaints?

It is more like the rest of Wave 3. The packages for Wave 3 they sent out to the press are talked about here:

http://oneofswords.c...is-rolling-out/

Notice that it contains what TRU got pre-Christmas, Hot Dog Battle Pack, the giants that just came out, and Legendary Lightcore Chill.

#1730 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

These cases are marked as wave 3. No info about Legendary Chill that I know of.

#1731 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

You might give it another shot I visited 2 stores today and they both had them in-stock.

#1732 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

^I didn't mean the sidekicks. They had plenty of those. They didn't have $120 worth of unique figures. Only the first battle pack and a handful of singles.
Spoiler

#1733 bensdady

bensdady

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

you can buy them, ask your gamestop to scan it. It reads and is ringable. Nowhere does it say in the new email that they cannot be sold.

#1734 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

you can buy them, ask your gamestop to scan it. It reads and is ringable. Nowhere does it say in the new email that they cannot be sold.

For $999.99

#1735 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Do you know how much they ring for because they are marked $999.99. If they were even as much as $9.99 I would buy another Gil-Runt to replace the one missing inside the house somewhere so we could have the complete set of four again.

#1736 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Do you know how much they ring for because they are marked $999.99. If they were even as much as $9.99 I would buy another Gil-Runt to replace the one missing inside the house somewhere so we could have the complete set of four again.

The new price was added because workers were deliberately selling them 'on the side' for $10.00 at their own discretion. It clearly seemed to me that they put the new price in there, so that workers would get in trouble if they were not rung up as part of a separate legitimate transaction.
They do ring up as $0.00, when being part of the transaction (at least that's what we see on cash register side). I'm not sure what the workers see on their display, though.

#1737 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

so tru is confirmed for getting thumpback and eye brawl today?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#1738 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

so tru is confirmed for getting thumpback and eye brawl today?

Yep, 100% - unless yours had a shipping problem or employees that ignore big white stickers on the box and corporate notifications that told them to not sell them until today.

#1739 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Sure it's been posted somewhere, but I picked up the Giants Portal Owner's pack at TRU for 29.99 last night! Couldnt believe it. Will be holding til July for my son's birthday.

#1740 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yep, 100% - unless yours had a shipping problem or employees that ignore big white stickers on the box and corporate notifications that told them to not sell them until today.

Of course if you were not there at opening this morning, you will find nothing later in the day. Went to 3 different ToysRus within 30 minutes of opening, and in two occasions had the person in front of me buy the last figure. That probably means that each of these ToysRus got as few as 5-6 figures. That's just stupid. Why sent a mass email to your customers, if your inventory is mostly vaporware?

I not only blame ToysRus, but Activision for the crap this morning. Oh, and the last store got zero, because of some truck/inventory delay.