Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2451 replies to this topic

#1801 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm sorry if I offend you but I'm going to assume you payed a lot of money for the variants and if that were the case couldn't you buy some proper shelves instead of having the shitty ones you made. Great collection, a little overkill for me but great to see there is a completsionist.

What is wrong with his shelves?

#1802 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Anyone seen a release date yet for Ninjini?

Also what about legendary chill and molton hot dog?

I did see that molton hot dog will be a walmart exclusive though.

#1803 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Molten Hot Dog is slowly showing up at Wal-Mart as we speak, already a ton of listings on eBay.

#1804 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

TRU will have Giants wave 4 w/ Ninjini on 2/27. An email will be sent out sometime today with the info.

#1805 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

TRU will have Giants wave 4 w/ Ninjini on 2/27. An email will be sent out sometime today with the info.

Thanks for the heads up! Just Ninjini, or others as well?

#1806 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I think I'm going to pass on Skylanders:Aerosmith. The swapping gimmick seems interesting in theory, but they'd really have to work very hard to make sure that X w/ fire feet is significantly different than X w/ water tentacles. I'm not saying that they can't do this, but if they're rushing out the new game so that they can shove the new figures on the shelves long enough to tide people over until they rush out the new new game; I don't see that happening.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I won't buy my favorite characters' new figures if I like how they look :cry:

#1807 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

http://www.walmart.c...versal/23025229

Molten Hot Dog is currently up on Walmart.com for those interested.

#1808 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Tomorrow? They kept this one low key, let the madness continue.

#1809 Knives05

Knives05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I wont be able to go in the monring, hopefully I can get one during my lunch break. The release of this one being so low key and sudden might work to my advantage in being able to snag one lol. When is Gamestop getting her in?

#1810 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

New to Skylanders - If I buy all the triple packs; I don't have to buy the single pack characters right?

#1811 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

New to Skylanders - If I buy all the triple packs; I don't have to buy the single pack characters right?

Yup, but you tend to save money overall getting the three packs. However, if you are looking for the Lightcore versions of them, aside from one exclusive pack from Target, they are normally only sold separately.

I got the e-mail about Ninjini hitting the TRU store shelves tomorrow so I'll be there.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#1812 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

So who's in line waiting for Ninjini right now?

#1813 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm nowhere near that dedicated. Although I will stop by over lunch and see if any of them are still sitting there. Even then, I'm not sure that I'll buy one if it's available. :D

#1814 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Took my nephew to the local TRU within five minutes of it opening, but by then all the tickets were handed out so no luck.

#1815 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Took my nephew to the local TRU within five minutes of it opening, but by then all the tickets were handed out so no luck.

Yeah you pretty much had to be there an hour before opening to get it, I'm sure. Thats what I did.

#1816 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I didn't realize that they were still doing the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal. That made me even more disappointed about watching a TRU employee (on the clock) walk behind the tablet kiosk, grab the last two Ninjini's in the store, and walk over to the checkout counter to buy them. :roll: It reminded me once again why I stopped collecting action figures. More often than not, the variants/rare/valuable figures never make it to the shelves in the first place.

Anyway, they had hordes of Thumpbacks and Eye-brawls so I gladly picked them up on sale. They had Hot Head too, but I'll wait for a bxgx deal once Ninjini is commonly available. That just leaves Lightcore Shroomboom, Lightcore Hex, Legendary (Lightcore?) Chill, and possibly Molten Hot Dog for me.

#1817 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

so is everything out now? I had trouble keeping up after Eye-Brawl/Thumpback. Did spyro come out?
Spoiler

#1818 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

so is everything out now? I had trouble keeping up after Eye-Brawl/Thumpback. Did spyro come out?

Not yet. To my knowledge, Spyro, Wrecking Ball, Drobot, Zap, lightcore Hex, lightcore Chill, lightcore Pop Fizz, and non bundled versions of Hot Dog, Jet-Vac, and Shroomboom have yet to come out.

#1819 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

These are not out yet in the US:

Drobot Series 2
Spyro Series 2 (supposedly out in parts of Europe)
Wrecking Ball Series 2 (supposedly out in parts of Europe)

Lightcore Chill
Lightcore Pop Fizz
Lightcore Hex

Legendary Lightcore Chill (out in Canada at TRU)
Jade Flashwing (a few have leaked out in Europe, coming here mid March at Target)
Scarlet Ninjini
Polar Whirlwind

#1820 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

I bought two Ninjini and took advantage of the b1g1 40% off. I was first in line but I waited almost an hour. A lot of pissed off people, there was four of us in total that bought 2 a piece in the 10 total that they received.

#1821 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I thought tru was limiting them to one per customer??

#1822 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

I thought tru was limiting them to one per customer??

I think its really up to the manager on duty to enforce it.

#1823 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ah I see. I was able to get a ninjini off amazon about 20 minutes ago. She keeps going in and out of stock. Glad I was able to since I couldn't make it down to tru this morning.

#1824 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

And it was but that's pretty low to get 2 when you obviously knew the policy. I would have been pissed too.

#1825 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

If only I could have been lucky to get one on Amazon instead, as soon as I showed a video to my daughter she had to have it. She still picked school over going to TRU though so I had it waiting for her when I picked it up.

And it was but that's pretty low to get 2 when you obviously knew the policy. I would have been pissed too.

Sounds like somebody that couldn't get one.... sigh.... I was there waiting for an hour, not my fault if people decide to get there 10 minutes before the store opens. I could have taken all of them if I wanted, the manager on duty said no limit.

#1826 io

io

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

There's no way I would have bothered going to TRU but I wish I knew there was a chance Amazon would have them. Right now the cheapest on Amazon is $65! Amazon usually doesn't seem to get them at all until much later than other stores - seems odd for them to get in on this "preview" shipment. In other news, my extra Swarm came in from Amazon today. Even though we already had one, I couldn't pass up $2.99.

A week ago I was lucky enough to stumble into a Fred Meyer when they had B2G1 on Skylanders and picked up Thumpback, Eye Brawl, and Lightcore Shroomboom for $30 total. That's the first time in a long time that I've gotten new release figures on any sort of sale.

#1827 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

If only I could have been lucky to get one on Amazon instead, as soon as I showed a video to my daughter she had to have it. She still picked school over going to TRU though so I had it waiting for her when I picked it up.

Sounds like somebody that couldn't get one.... sigh.... I was there waiting for an hour, not my fault if people decide to get there 10 minutes before the store opens. I could have taken all of them if I wanted, the manager on duty said no limit.

I stood in line just like you and I did get one. For myself. And now you made yourself look like a huge jerk.

#1828 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Picked up Molten Hot Dog today from Walmart. My son was so excited...played through several levels with the pup this evening. However, my boy has a slight case of "gotta catch them all" and is now wanting the original Hot Dog. Does anyone know if there is going to be an individual release of Hot Dog or is he staying in the three pack? I need to know how much to tell him to save up.

Btw...I think this was the first skylander that I paid full price for and I must say he is quite cool. I really like the figure design and he is a blast to play with in game. Now I just need to find a good price on Eye-Brawl and Thumpback (the JCP clearance this winter spoiled me ;) )
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/m3talst0rm

Posted Image

#1829 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Legendary lightcore Chill is starting to hit stores today with no street/hold date.

#1830 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I had no luck yesterday trying to find either a Molten Hot Dog or a Legendary Chill. I realize that Legendary Chill just started showing up yesterday, but I want to get it as soon as it hits the shelves. The only Legendary character that's still on shelves around here is Legendary Trigger Happy. Legendary Everything Else has vanished and has yet to return.