Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2468 replies to this topic

#2071 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

I might check there. Are they expensive though? I thought Book and Music would be because they are on everything else. I went to Book Broker but they didn't have any.

All figures at Book and Music were 7.95 and the sidekicks little boost were 5.95.

I'll probably go check tomorrow. 

#2072 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

The link for the Frito lay site says it begins 6/30, but doesn't seem to have anything open.  What gives?

Posted Image

#2073 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

The link for the Frito lay site says it begins 6/30, but doesn't seem to have anything open.  What gives?

The "Coming Soon" page does not redirect to the main page, just remove that from the URL.

http://skylanderspro...ng-america.com/

If its free, its for me!!

#2074 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

A little Giants to regulars question.  I've got Skylanders and I want to get one of every element to play it.  The only one I don't have is undead.  If I get the Giants starter with Cynder, can I use that one in regular Skylanders?

SI

#2075 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

yes thats correct

594280.png

#2076 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

yes thats correct

Excellent.  Sounds like a plan.

SI

#2077 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

TRU will be having another Skylander event on 8/18.  Don't know what the release date will be for other stores.

Gnarly Tree Rex Singles.

Spoiler

#2078 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

TRU will be having another Skylander event on 8/18.  Don't know what the release date will be for other stores.

Gnarly Tree Rex Singles.

Strange. I had heard that the release date was today. Some people have already seen them in stores (and it was a TRU). Of course, that doesn't mean that a store couldn't have broken street date. But holding onto them for over 2 weeks seems a bit odd. That could be the norm, though. Keep us up to date on the "Skylander event", though.

#2079 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

got 2 of the skylanders giants sidekicks today. ordered them the day after the promo started. Got 2 more coming but I did those 2 a week and a half after the promo started.

#2080 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Got two of my four also today and ordered on 6/30/13.

There have been some sightings of Gnarley Tree Rex at K-Marts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2081 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Looks like Gnarly Tree Rex is pictured in the 8/4 TRU ad. They should be released then, not the 18th.

Edit: Giants figures will be on sale 2 for $22. Stores may limit one Gnarly per customer as they see fit.

#2082 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Not only is there a Gnarly Tree Rex being released now it seems there will also be a Pumpkin Eyebrawl and maybe a Wicked Thumpback being released around Halloween.

#2083 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

Got my thumpling and mini eye guy today which is weird because I ordered those two a week after my first two but oh well.

#2084 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Not only is there a Gnarly Tree Rex being released now it seems there will also be a Pumpkin Eyebrawl and maybe a Wicked Thumpback being released around Halloween.

I didn't initially have a plan to buy either of those Giants figs, but I will happily shell out for Halloween variants.

#2085 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Serious rumor! Wicked Thumpback was rumored a long time ago, and became a running joke. Pumpkin Eyebrawl has popped up on a couple of websites for pre-order (including Sears/K-mart), but there's no official word on it. There's nothing in the code of the game for them, so if they are variants, they aren't in-game variants and may only pop up as "special" (i.e. the glow-in-the-dark figs).

#2086 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Barkley was delivered yesterday.  Had a USPS sticker on it that it was unsealed at some point.  Hopefully they were shipping these out with just 1 figure in the box.

#2087 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Barkley was delivered yesterday.  Had a USPS sticker on it that it was unsealed at some point.  Hopefully they were shipping these out with just 1 figure in the box.

The ones I have received so far which has been four have been one to a box.

#2088 gravel

gravel

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

This Sunday's Best Buy ad mentions the Gnarly Tree Rex.  Is that the release date, or has any found them already?

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#2089 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I picked up a Gnarly Tree Rex at my local GameStop yesterday. They had 5 and said they'd had them since Sunday. Took a look at my surrounding GS locations last night and they also had plenty of him.

#2090 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

This Sunday's Best Buy ad mentions the Gnarly Tree Rex.  Is that the release date, or has any found them already?

I saw Gnarly Tree Rex when I was shopping for blurays 3 days ago. There was only a couple of them though in a sea of skylanders figures.

#2091 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I found a bunch of them at TRU on Monday. It was in this week's ad.

#2092 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Toys R Us had a crap ton of Gnarly Tree Rex when I went Sunday. I went because I finally decided to pick up a second Camo from the three pack they sell. I'll probably wait until someone has a good sale to get him. I've seen him a few places since.

I've received all three sets of my Giant minis that I ordered including one that I did three weeks ago.

#2093 gravel

gravel

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the info everyone.  I was able to track down Gnarly Tree Rex at Gamestop, and they had four more of them.  I was also able to find a Spyro's Adventure for $20 at Sears so my niece can have Dark Spyro.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2094 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

If any of you have dropped hundreds on this series like I have, then this may interest you. The GameStop exclusive Dark Edition was announced today and I will certainly be getting this one. It may be limited, so if you are at all interested, get them preorders in. It will be available on Wii U, Wii, PS3, and 360, it is unknown yet whether or not the next gen systems will see a release for this version.

http://i.imgur.com/HxOcrJ4.jpg

#2095 gravel

gravel

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

If any of you have dropped hundreds on this series like I have, then this may interest you. The GameStop exclusive Dark Edition was announced today and I will certainly be getting this one. It may be limited, so if you are at all interested, get them preorders in. It will be available on Wii U, Wii, PS3, and 360, it is unknown yet whether or not the next gen systems will see a release for this version.
http://i.imgur.com/HxOcrJ4.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking of holding off on Swap Force, but this edition is awesome. They have a write-up on the PS Blog too.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2096 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Think I'll end up getting the new game once it gets a good deal as honestly I'm finished with Skylanders at the moment and will probably end up selling my entire collection after completion of the new game. Wasn't going to get it but I guess you can use all your old Skylanders with it and aren't limited to the new Swaps so that's what I'll end up doing.

#2097 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Just a heads up...for those who are looking for Ghost Roaster, he has been popping up, again. I found a couple at Walmart a couple of days ago and several others have been reporting seeing them at Walmart, too.

#2098 io

io

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Think I'll end up getting the new game once it gets a good deal as honestly I'm finished with Skylanders at the moment and will probably end up selling my entire collection after completion of the new game. Wasn't going to get it but I guess you can use all your old Skylanders with it and aren't limited to the new Swaps so that's what I'll end up doing.

Same here.  Neither I nor my younger son even played through all of Giants (despite getting all the figures).  My older son did finish the game in the first few days but never touched it after that.

So this time I'll wait until I can get the sort of deal I keep seeing with Giants (from the $38 BF sale last year to the $9.xx Target clearance PS3 portal owner packs).  I'm certainly not spending $75-$100 on it up front.  That GS pack looks nice but $99.99 is a tough sell for me.

#2099 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Has anyone gotten any of the Giants Sidekicks lately?

I ordered all 4 at the same time and received 1 a couple weeks ago.

#2100 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Got my 3rd one in today, still waiting on the last one to show up.