Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2468 replies to this topic

#2221 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

They seem to be exclusive to Kroger's stores. I'd recommend mailing away for some game codes.

http://img.rewardpro...1/1443/3657.pdf

Thanks again.

#2222 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'd like opinions on which character is more enjoyable; Rattle Shake or Free Ranger.

I picked up Hoot Loop, and wanted to get Nitro Magna Charge as well. I'm wondering which of the two-packs from Target would be the better one. I've already picked up Legendary Free Ranger, but since I've kept all of the Legendaries on their cards, he's not really playable (since he can't be swapped).

#2223 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

I have enjoyed Rattle Shake more than I thought I would. Free Ranger is fine, but he is mainly melee, and I feel like there are more fun melee characters to use like Grilla Drilla. Rattle Shake also gets this almost metallic purple character skin for a soul gem that makes him look really sweet.

#2224 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Has anyone seen the Halloween Fright Rider bags? I've been looking for the last couple of weeks and haven't seen any.

My TRU just got these bags in today. I was surprised to see these.

#2225 gravel

gravel

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I've seen a couple reports about wave 2 in other stores besides TRU.  Has anyone heard anything about a release date for these, or are store stocking as they receive them at this point?  I only ask because the TRU Express near me has not received any Swap Force figures at all.  When I talked to the manager, he said they weren't on the distribution list for some reason and it will be a while before they receive any. 

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed,

#2226 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have enjoyed Rattle Shake more than I thought I would. Free Ranger is fine, but he is mainly melee, and I feel like there are more fun melee characters to use like Grilla Drilla. Rattle Shake also gets this almost metallic purple character skin for a soul gem that makes him look really sweet.

Free Ranger's bottom half tornado butt is great though. Just spin around the place killing chompies! I love it.

#2227 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Found trigger happy, sprocket, terrafin, rip tide and scorp at walmart tonight.  No sign of any swapable ones though from that wave.

#2228 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Picked up a Grilla Drilla @ Gamestop yesterday.

They also had Night Shift, Boomjet, and Fire Kraken; but I'm waiting for sales/legendary variants. 

#2229 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

They also had Night Shift, Boomjet, and Fire Kraken; but I'm waiting for sales/legendary variants.

Is Grilla not getting a legendary or variant? Are the others?

#2230 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Is the trade 2 get 1 at GameStop the best deal on the starter set or should I wait until Black Friday to get it?

#2231 gravel

gravel

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Is Grilla not getting a legendary or variant? Are the others?

There is going to be a Jade Fire Kraken and a Legendary Night Shift. I haven't seen anything on a Boom Jet variant. They have a good list with images at skylanderscharacters.com. The Swap Force page is here:

http://www.skylander...-characters.asp

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2232 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

I would have waited on Grilla, but he has the "dig" property needed to get through some gates. Would be nice if a sneak character was made available as well, instead of repeats. It's annoying to be artificially held back from completing the game.

#2233 gravel

gravel

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for mentioning this. I went to my local GS this morning and didn't see any new ones on the shelf. I asked the woman working and she said she thought they had more out back. She came out with a whole box of wave 2 swappable figures. She said someone must have thought they were more of the same that were already out there.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2234 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

With Black Friday right around the corner I can't imagine buying any figures unless they're variants.

#2235 gravel

gravel

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

With Black Friday right around the corner I can't imagine buying any figures unless they're variants.

For me, the figures are worth the extra cost right now, because they will be used right now.  I know the late releases from previous games haven't seen nearly as much use as the figures that come early in the release of game.  So, while it would be better to wait for a sale on the figures, spending $15 on it when it will see more use makes sense for me.  Obviously the best idea is only buying figures you need to complete the game, or not even buying it in the first place.

Also, liike some said, you need the dig ability from Grilla Drilla in the first level if you want to do everything in the game.  A sneak character is also needed but hasn't been released.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2236 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 for 40% sale this week on all Skylanders.

#2237 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Found fire kracken and boom jet at walmart today.

Only picked up fire kracken though.

#2238 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

The other two legendary figures from TRU, "Zoo Lou" and "Night Shift" will be released on 11/3 and 11/10.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2239 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

All of wave 2 are now on amazon.

#2240 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Since there is no true "Skylanders" trade thread I will post here. I have a complete set of all four Giants "Sidekicks" I would like to get rid of for either Paypal or TRU Gift Cards. Willing only to sale as a set of four and will only ship to the USA or Canada.

Thanks,

Anthony

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2241 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Since there is no true "Skylanders" trade thread I will post here. I have a complete set of all four Giants "Sidekicks" I would like to get rid of for either Paypal or TRU Gift Cards. Willing only to sale as a set of four and will only ship to the USA or Canada.

Thanks,

Anthony

There is a Reddit for Skylander trading but I don't know how active it is. I stick to r/skylanders.

#2242 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Can someone please change the title of this thread? It's driving my OCD nuts.

#2243 gravel

gravel

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Can someone please change the title of this thread? It's driving my OCD nuts.

But Giants is still out now.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2244 gravel

gravel

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Target has a $5 off $24.99 or higher Skylanders item that can be printed on their website.  They also have the same coupon for Disney Infinity.  Both are in the electronics section.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#2245 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's been a week and a few days since I mailed out for codes for the Halloween Fright Rider and nothing so far. We don't have Kroger stores in Chicago so I had to try through mail.

#2246 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

It's been a week and a few days since I mailed out for codes for the Halloween Fright Rider and nothing so far. We don't have Kroger stores in Chicago so I had to try through mail.

I'm hearing this a lot. Most people who mailed away for codes ended up calling to get them. 1-877-286-4806 is the number you'll want to call. The rep can check to see if they've received your requests and if so most will email them to you immediately. I'm not sure if this is the same support team being used for the current Rattle Shake promo but if so expect to be on hold for a bit. The Rattle Shake promo has thus far been a mess and they've been receiving a lot of calls regarding it.

#2247 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

What is the deal on the rattle shake promo and the fright rider promo? I keep seeing people say they saw bags for the fright rider, but all I've seen here is rattle shake ones in my area. 

#2248 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

What is the deal on the rattle shake promo and the fright rider promo? I keep seeing people say they saw bags for the fright rider, but all I've seen here is rattle shake ones in my area. 

The Fright Rider promo is coming to an end soon so if you're looking for codes to try and win you'll need to mail some requests or find the chip bags. They seemed to be limited to Kroger stores but lately they've been making their way into TRU stores as well.

#2249 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Kroger here only has the Rattle Shake.  Been checking the last couple of weeks too, which sucks cause I never seen the Fright Rider ones anywhere.  Guess Ill try to get some codes from mail in as soon as possible.  Thanks.

#2250 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Called and got my codes. Won on the fourth try.