Pre-Order Rayman Origins (360/Wii/Ps3) get free Beyond Good and Evil HD

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

I don't have many friends that play videogames. And even less that like Rayman (none).

Besides, since when is an added feature ever a bad thing?

Call of Duty generation? Welcome to the future, gramps. Shove your nostalgia somewhere else. I'm not paying $60 for a game bereft of a feature required in 2011.

Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Since when is anything required in a video game? An added feature is not a bad thing at all. Chastising a game just because of a feature that not all games have to have is just stupid. Someone earlier said that no game HAS to have anything. A great single player experience is important in any type of game, so why should it be wrong that a game focuses on just to be a fantastic gaming experience? Rayman has NEVER been a co-op oriented game, so who says this one has to be? As for co-op, there are people that prefer to have their friends come over to play rather than play with random people online, so why is that bad?

I'd be willing to bet money that you're going to praise all over Batman: Arkham City (which is amazing), which... wait for it... has NO MULTIPLAYER. But wait... it's required, right?

Maybe I do reminisce about games of yore, but at least many of the games in the past have true blood sweat and tears put into it for a great gaming experience unlike a good chunk of recent games. But then again I don't need to cap random people's heads off and waggle my e-penis in generic military shooter #3209. That's just my opinion.

So in conclusion, it's not necessary. Oh yeah, and bite me you young whippersnapper. :D

Anyway, BACK ON TOPIC: Rayman has been awesome for years, and I'm glad to see him come back in a non-Rabbids game, but I'll wait for it to go below $40.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#32 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

An added feature is not a bad thing at all. Chastising a game just because of a feature that not all games have to have is just stupid. Someone earlier said that no game HAS to have anything. A great single player experience is important in any type of game, so why should it be wrong that a game focuses on just to be a fantastic gaming experience. There are people that prefer to have their friends come over to play rather than play with random people online, so why is that bad?

Maybe I do reminisce about games of yore, but at least many of the games in the past have true blood sweat and tears put into it for a great gaming experience unlike a good chunk of recent games. But then again I don't need to cap random people's heads off and waggle my e-penis in generic military shooter #3209. That's just my opinion.

So in conclusion, it's not necessary. Oh yeah, and bite me you young whippersnapper. :D
Anyway, BACK ON TOPIC: Rayman has been awesome for years, and I'm glad to see him come back in a non-Rabbids game, but I'll wait for it to go below $40.

lol@you not being willing to pay even $40 for it.

Yeah, I said games don't have to have anything. Nor do I have to buy them. I think we're getting confused here with the sense in which "have to" is being used. Online co-op being available wouldn't prohibit your enjoyment of offline co-op. At all. It is, however, a feature that adds more value than a variety of other features in the form of time played. I'm going to beat this game in a day (probably) and it will be close to worthless to me because I'm not going to wait around until one of my friends randomly says "yo dawg you got rayman?! Fuck YEAH LETS PLAY IT". So it's going to be collecting dust. Or I'll resell it. Either way, I'd like to minimize my initial investment. Ergo, I'm not paying $60. And neither are you so wtf do I even have to explain this!

By the way, online being included in a game is a great determinent of how quickly its price will plummet (and to which extent). Regardless of how "great" a game is. And I'm sure this game will be great. Just...not worth $60!

*The required is attached to the fact this game already has co-op. It's silly to include co-op and not allow me to play with my Xbox LIVE friends.

#33 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hell, it doesn't even compare to Kirby.

Because Kirby wasn't incredibly easy and short or anything. :roll:
Posted Image

#34 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

I'm not paying $60 for a game bereft of a feature required in 2011.

Regardless of the willing price to pay for it, it's required, right? http://www.cheapassg...AAAAElFTkSuQmCC

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#35 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

Regardless of the willing price to pay for it, it's required, right? http://www.cheapassg...AAAAElFTkSuQmCC

UbiSoft doesn't give a Fuck about that. If fools are willing to pay $60 for something that was supposed to be a downloadable game at $15 (That's what you mean by blood, sweat, and tears, right? Delay a game, release it for *4 the price when it's finished. I'd love to invest with UbiSoft) why would they refuse your money for being lazy. If anything, that's the best case scenario for them. Or for any business. Perform less of a service, get paid more for it? Amazing (for them).

#36 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

UbiSoft doesn't give a Fuck about that. If fools are willing to pay $60 for something that was supposed to be a downloadable game at $15 (That's what you mean by blood, sweat, and tears, right? Delay a game, release it for *4 the price when it's finished. I'd love to invest with UbiSoft) why would they refuse your money for being lazy. If anything, that's the best case scenario for them. Or for any business. Perform less of a service, get paid more for it? Amazing (for them).

It is UbiSoft, I'm not going to disagree with that statement. But I'd still rather spend $40 on a new Rayman game than spend a dime on a Call of Duty game.

47206.png
Currently Playing:

#37 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

It is UbiSoft, I'm not going to disagree with that statement. But I'd still rather spend $40 on a new Rayman game than spend a dime on a Call of Duty game.

What does ANY OF THIS have to do with Call of Duty? Does the CoD series have a monopoly on all online capabilities in video gaming?

#38 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

What does ANY OF THIS have to do with Call of Duty? Does the CoD series have a monopoly on all online capabilities in video gaming?

A good chunk of gamers today think it does. That and Halo, but at least Halo has a rich single-player experience and tried to be different.

I think I'm gonna buy Rayman now just to support the devs. Michel Ancel FTW.

47206.png
Currently Playing: