Photo
- - - - -

The AUTHENTIC Toys-R-Us (TRU) Clearance Thread! Please Post New Drops In Red!!!

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#541 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Question about Mod nation racers.. is it the vanilla one or the GH version and did they fix some of the issues this game had from before?

#542 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

^I've wondered this also. I bought it at launch and i nearly snapped the disc in half. I heard later that a patch fixed all the rubberbanding and stuff that ruined the games.

(unrelated musing - patches are nice, but i wonder how many games will go down in history as being bad or buggy even though they were fixed - Bayonetta(ps3) and Dead Island come to mind)
Spoiler

#543 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

I wish one of my TRU had that NCAA game. I'd do the same as ChunLiBarbie. Nice find!

#544 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Havent bought a clearance game for a while,so i picked up PS3 Vanquish for $9.98.Read mostly positive reviews,so thought it'd be fun.

#545 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

^Vanquish is definately worth $10- just be sure to play the tutorial.
Spoiler

#546 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

^Vanquish is definately worth $10- just be sure to play the tutorial.

Will do,i'm just glad i got a new hard drive,now i can install all my backlogged games,without deleting anything first 8-).

#547 natewaites

natewaites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Derrick1979 and nbballard the Modnation Racers game is the original launch edition. I know this because it had a code for the little big planet sackboy skin. Apart from long load times the game runs well.

#548 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Derrick1979 and nbballard the Modnation Racers game is the original launch edition. I know this because it had a code for the little big planet sackboy skin. Apart from long load times the game runs well.

Long load times means they didnt fix shit, thanks :cry:

#549 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Not sure how exciting or relevant it is now, but I found :ps3: 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand for $9.98.
And yes, I did jump over that big ass ramp.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#550 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Walked into TrU yesterday and picked up the POWER A Media Expansion Bar for PS3 Slim for $2 on clearance, ymmv. Sticks out a bit further than I'd like, but looks alright. http://www.amazon.co...35459161&sr=8-1

#551 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Oh, man, I wish I'd been looking at this thread a month ago. I bet it's impossible to find that Brotherhood CE now - I checked one Toys R Us near me and I got so excited when I saw they had two 360 versions, but no PS3. Too bad it isn't in their system anymore, either, because the associate I asked was really helpful and wanted to help me find one :(

They had a lot of decently priced/clearanced DS/3DS/PSP accessories, though. Cases, styli, etc, almost everything under $10 and a lot of it under $2. I almost got a new shell case with a games compartment for my Lite for $1, but passed on account of already having one anyway.

#552 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Walked into TrU yesterday and picked up the POWER A Media Expansion Bar for PS3 Slim for $2 on clearance, ymmv. Sticks out a bit further than I'd like, but looks alright. http://www.amazon.co...35459161&sr=8-1

I got one of those for the same price about 2 weeks ago. I'm happy with it.

#553 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Are clearance prices back to normal this week... ie no 20%?

#554 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

Oooh, I can definitely use one of those!
I'll have to check my local TRU's later in the week. :)
Posted Image

#555 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I got one of those for the same price about 2 weeks ago. I'm happy with it.

I might go looking for one of these at $2, can't go wrong.

In my case, I have one of these I got used from a friend:

http://www.amazon.co...35863043&sr=1-9

I haven't tried it with my PS3 slim yet, so it won't bother me if I don't find that Power Media Bar. Probably have to use an USB extension cord to make fit.

#556 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Oh, man, I wish I'd been looking at this thread a month ago. I bet it's impossible to find that Brotherhood CE now - I checked one Toys R Us near me and I got so excited when I saw they had two 360 versions, but no PS3. Too bad it isn't in their system anymore, either, because the associate I asked was really helpful and wanted to help me find one :(

They had a lot of decently priced/clearanced DS/3DS/PSP accessories, though. Cases, styli, etc, almost everything under $10 and a lot of it under $2. I almost got a new shell case with a games compartment for my Lite for $1, but passed on account of already having one anyway.

There's a Brotherhood PS3 SE at my local TRU just around the corner. I would have bought it had I not already got it from Gamestop last year.

#557 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Saw lost planet 2 (ps3) for 9.98 at my local tru. I definitely recommend it for online coop. It's better than RE5, IMO.

#558 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Saw lost planet 2 (ps3) for 9.98 at my local tru. I definitely recommend it for online coop. It's better than RE5, IMO.

I obviously agree LP 2 is fantastic, but isn't that MSRP?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#559 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ive never seen a 10 msrp.

#560 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

It was $20 when I bought the Xbox version a couple weeks ago. Made sure to get the cheaper used version, obviously

#561 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Ive never seen a 10 msrp.

They had PS2 games at $10 MSRP. I haven't seen any this generation.

Last game I can recall was Castle of Shikigami.

#562 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

Found Professor Layton Last Specter DS $19.98

Not amazing, but good considering that series was slow to discount the first 3, and it works with b1g1 40%.
Maybe it's just my TRU, but they had barely any sub-$20 games, clearance or msrp. They used to have a ton. Maybe they sold them to big lots or something.

#563 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

YMMV, but a TRU I stopped at today had a tiny sign up saying all Clearance Wii Games were 20% off and stated that games marked $9.98 would be $7.98.

I found Centipede Infestation on Wii (<3 WayForward!) and De Blob 2 on PS3, both of which were marked $9.98, and the clerk manually marked both down to $7.98! :D
Posted Image

#564 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

So lame. I thought I hit the jackpot with Professor Layton Curious Village (rare game). All 7 of them locked up, asked an employee (it took me half an hour to find one lol ) for a price check (price marked at $24.9X, but it should be under $10 by now) and it displays "No item Found." So lame. I was hoping to pick two copies with the B1G1 40% off.

edit. I'm surprised this TRU still has the Eyetoy Play 2 Bundle in-stock for $9.9X.
Lakers for Life!

#565 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

So lame. I thought I hit the jackpot with Professor Layton Curious Village (rare game). All 7 of them locked up, asked an employee (it took me half an hour to find one lol ) for a price check (price marked at $24.9X, but it should be under $10 by now) and it displays "No item Found." So lame. I was hoping to pick two copies with the B1G1 40% off.

edit. I'm surprised this TRU still has the Eyetoy Play 2 Bundle in-stock for $9.9X.

Why should it be under 10? It has hit 10 before?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#566 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Why should it be under 10? It has hit 10 before?

I'm hoping it is, or should be under $10 by now for a 4yr old DS game. This is same TRU where I got NCAA Basketball 2010 / Dragon Quest IV DS (ranged up $9.9X each) which were locked behind the window with their original price sticker for $39.9X / $29.9X. That's why I asked for a price check for Curious Village which showed up "No item Found" and I'm assuming it got clearance off the system.
Lakers for Life!

#567 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

heading there tomorrow to return game of thrones...
Posted Image

#568 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

heading there tomorrow to return game of thrones...

Well that was worth the thread bump.

#569 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

YMMV, but a TRU I stopped at today had a tiny sign up saying all Clearance Wii Games were 20% off and stated that games marked $9.98 would be $7.98.

I found Centipede Infestation on Wii (<3 WayForward!) and De Blob 2 on PS3, both of which were marked $9.98, and the clerk manually marked both down to $7.98! :D

A store in Duluth, GA had a sign up stating ALL clearance games are 20% off thru 5-27.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#570 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

A store in Duluth, GA had a sign up stating ALL clearance games are 20% off thru 5-27.

the games have to say CLERANCE ON THE TAGS as well...

i had a few 9.98 games that would NOT ring up 20% off (megaman zero being one)
WOOOO I STINK