Photo
- - - - -

The AUTHENTIC Toys-R-Us (TRU) Clearance Thread! Please Post New Drops In Red!!!

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#61 macjz212

macjz212

Carnivorous One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Nabbed a 360 Cabela's Bundle and Final Fantasy 1 & 2 for PSP. A lot of the stuff from the OP is not marked as clearance in my store. May have to go back

Just remember, swords don't kill people, anime fans that think a 50-hit combo is the only way to end confrontation, kill people.

:lol:Take surveys, make money
http://www.cashcrate.com/1354408
Posted Image

#62 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

"come in have a whiff"?
You sound like my ex-girlfriend.

#63 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

"come in have a whiff"?
You sound like my ex-girlfriend.

she fart a lot?

#64 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

she fart a lot?

I wish.

#65 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Went to ToysRus and they didn't have any cabelas bundle just the 2012 version did see that 3d dot heroes had a clearance tag but the price said 34.99 and lair was also on clearance for 49.99 didn't check them at the register so don't know the price.

#66 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hit TRU in search of the elusive Rapala PS3 bundle, but no go, I could only find the Wii and 360 versions...so I picked them up along with Enslaved, $27 & change OTD for those 3...

Saw a couple of interesting items:

Super Street Fighter IV CE priced behind the glass @ $64.98
10 copies of Disgaea 2 Black Label (PS2) priced @ $19.99 each

EDIT: Also saw Disgaea 3 on clearance for $34.98

#67 blackMamba1187

blackMamba1187

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

My TRU had about 5 Rapala and zero Cabela. You Don't Know Jack was $30, i think. =(

Edited by darthballz, 20 October 2011 - 02:52 AM.

Playing: SM3DW (wiiU); LoZ:ALBW(3ds); ACIV (ps4); Knack (ps4);  Cook, Serve, Delicious (ipad), ACIV comp.app (ipad)

#68 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

Picked up a Cabela and Rhythm Heaven today. No luck on Rapala..

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem: Awakening
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#69 KillerSmokey24

KillerSmokey24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

Picked up 2 Cabela's and 1 Rapala. Rung up 9.98 and B2G1. AWESOME! LOVE THIS THREAD!

#70 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

Picked up a Rapala for 360 thanks!

These games are on clearance online so you can try to get them to price match them in store. Long story
Spoiler

Driver Renegade - $19.98 3DS
Dual Pen Sports - $19.98 3DS
Steel Diver - $19.98 3DS
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $19.98 3DS
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion - $19.98 3DS - Google Cache Link

It seems that Driver Renegade is OOS for shipping which initially happened to Punch Time Explosion (if you read the spoiler), so you might have to look it up through Google Cache if it disappears.

#71 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

10 copies of Disgaea 2 Black Label (PS2) priced @ $19.99 each

EDIT: Also saw Disgaea 3 on clearance for $34.98

I don't think Disgaea 2 ever went Greatest Hits so all are black label.

#72 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Posting to say thanks jimi. :D You rock.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#73 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Is the 25% off clearance over? I got 4 copies of cabella's, the fishing game, and FFT.. but didn't get an aditional % off they all rang up as free or 9.98. I thought i remember still seeing the signs up but didn't notice till i got home

#74 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Posting to say thanks jimi. :D You rock.

This thread had been a wasteland for far too long, I'm just glad that we are able to cash in on some games right away...

Is the 25% off clearance over? I got 4 copies of cabella's, the fishing game, and FFT.. but didn't get an aditional % off they all rang up as free or 9.98. I thought i remember still seeing the signs up but didn't notice till i got home

The 25% off clearance games ended back on 10/15....

#75 macgruuber

macgruuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

Spoiler

got Posted Image prince of persia the forgotten sands for $9.98/7

darknite13.png

#76 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

Picked up a Rapala for 360 thanks!

These games are on clearance online so you can try to get them to price match them in store.

Just had a miserable experience with this on/off unofficial crap of "who knows what store will actually honor their policies". I tried to get all 3 of the games you had listed for the online $19.98 price and the dumb manager said he would have no way to recoup such a huge loss on those games, as if he was the freaking CEO and the money came directly out of his check or something! I will never understand how so many retail employees get this attitude as if the products in the store are actually their own and that they're personally losing something by simply price-matching. If I worked any of these crappy jobs, there's no way I would think twice about giving a damn about letting someone have a deal. Like any of the millions of dollars in yearly profits are going to magically trickle down to my pocket:roll:

To make it worse, called 2 other stores and they both said that their only price-matching policy was to match their online site. Though I should have known it was going to be trouble at my store when the manager had to radio some lackey to see exactly what qualified for the B2G1 sale:dunce: How someone can be put in a position as a retail manager and not even know the basics of their own sales, is a case for Unsolved Mysteries. I called corporate and asked could they please send out a memo to all stores explaining their price matching policy, as I don't like wasting my time for some "shades of gray" BS some managers are following. The lady on the other end didn't seem to care, but hopefully something happens so that others are not at the discretion of some rogue CEO manager wannabe...

#77 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

wow greenspark, thats friggin lame. Ya, TRU is friggin pathetic. I honestly dont know how the hell they stay in business with their terrible customer service policies and how disorganized and crappy all the stores are. Not to mention their f'd up pricing

#78 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

wow greenspark, thats friggin lame. Ya, TRU is friggin pathetic. I honestly dont know how the hell they stay in business with their terrible customer service policies and how disorganized and crappy all the stores are. Not to mention their f'd up pricing

And yet you just posted that you purchased six games there, two of which you got free and the other four of which were well below any other store out there. Doesn't sound like a bad store to me.

#79 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

It might be a bit hard to find, but I thought I'd mention that TRU sells Again (DS) for $9.98.

#80 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

I picked up a Cabela's,have you guys played it yet or did you get them for gifts?The gun doesnt work great on a 50'' or larger tv,i ended up just using the DS3.I guess for $10 its ok,but i'd be right pissed off if i paid full price for it,lol.
Posted Image

#81 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

29.98 :ps2:
Band Hero Super Bundle (added 10-18-11)

I know that this may really upset many of you who were in the market for it, and {per it's product description} had longed "to ascend the virtual stage and rock their way to superstardom with Band Hero." but the Super Bundle rang up at $129.99 today (10-20-11) in Charleston, SC; wanted to pass that on to any of you chomping at the bit to get your hands on this 25 lb piece of rock lore....8-)
Posted Image

#82 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Greenspark if the game says online only under the item then that price can't be matched in store because it is online only. if it doesn't have online only then it can be price matched

#83 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

Greenspark if the game says online only under the item then that price can't be matched in store because it is online only. if it doesn't have online only then it can be price matched

That's what I was thinking going in, as I've never tried to price-match at TRU before, just using the info Skiizim originally posted. I made sure the items I wanted were not online only before driving out there, trust me. I was simply frustrated at TRU's lackadaisical approach to knowing the details behind thier own policy and being an area of "gray" wherein it's up to some random manager's attitude for the day. I like things black and white. Either you have a coporate policy instituted and it's followed to the letter or get rid of it!

However, this still will not deter me from shopping at TRU if the deal is too good to pass up. Just need to make sure I have on my BS blockers in case they want to get stupid next time I try price-matching there8-)

#84 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

Epic mickey charger for Wii remote - $29.98
Media Expansion Bar for PS3 - $9.98
Dead to Rights Retribution (PS3) - $9.98

I think 360 version of Dead to Rights is same price too

#85 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Grabbed
:360: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 bundle
:360: Rapalla Pro Bass Fishing bundle

They were doing buy 2 get 1 free so I saw a lady with some kids looking at Wii games and gave them :wii: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 bundle

All for only $21.xx after tax

Thanks OP keep up the good work

#86 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

I picked up a Cabela's,have you guys played it yet or did you get them for gifts?The gun doesnt work great on a 50'' or larger tv,i ended up just using the DS3.I guess for $10 its ok,but i'd be right pissed off if i paid full price for it,lol.

I got it to work fine on my 65" TV...the only catch is I have to sit about 15 feet back from the TV :)

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#87 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

Found a :ps3: Cabelas and a :360: Rapala at the Humble TRU. I got the last Cabelas for PS3 but they had a few 360 ones left yesterday.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#88 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

Not much of a deal but found two PSP titles that are not listed both for $9.98.

Chessmaster
Tomb Raider Anniversary

#89 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

That's what I was thinking going in, as I've never tried to price-match at TRU before, just using the info Skiizim originally posted. I made sure the items I wanted were not online only before driving out there, trust me. I was simply frustrated at TRU's lackadaisical approach to knowing the details behind thier own policy and being an area of "gray" wherein it's up to some random manager's attitude for the day. I like things black and white. Either you have a coporate policy instituted and it's followed to the letter or get rid of it!

However, this still will not deter me from shopping at TRU if the deal is too good to pass up. Just need to make sure I have on my BS blockers in case they want to get stupid next time I try price-matching there8-)

I feel you but I didn't give up either due to the enormous savings on these fairly new games. I went back to the first store I originally got denied but was helped by a very wonderful asst manager. Do they have them in stock at the other TRU you called and if they do hopefully they are not to far away.

Here is an example of what is stated as "online only" in the special offers box. If you have any more problems maybe you can call or email them to help you out.

#90 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

I feel you but I didn't give up either due to the enormous savings on these fairly new games. I went back to the first store I originally got denied but was helped by a very wonderful asst manager. Do they have them in stock at the other TRU you called and if they do hopefully they are not to far away.

Here is an example of what is stated as "online only" in the special offers box. If you have any more problems maybe you can call or email them to help you out.

Cool man, thanks for the extra clarification, but I already did what you just stated and simply went to one of the other stores I called. The nice girl even talked it over with her manager to make sure I didn't make the trip for nothing, so the experience turned out quite pleasurable elsewhere. And I encourage others as well, don't give up if you want to save some easy money:)