Photo
- - - - -

The AUTHENTIC Toys-R-Us (TRU) Clearance Thread! Please Post New Drops In Red!!!

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#91 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

I'm glad you managed to get it, what games did you get after all? I tried to look for some sort of policy online but didn't find anything. Makes it really frustrating at the store, the person I was denied by the first time has been working there for 10 seasons <--wtf. The girl that helped me out the second time was very informative and helpful.

#92 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

I'm glad you managed to get it, what games did you get after all? I tried to look for some sort of policy online but didn't find anything. Makes it really frustrating at the store, the person I was denied by the first time has been working there for 10 seasons <--wtf. The girl that helped me out the second time was very informative and helpful.

Sorry for the posting lag, but I'm at work. I ended up getting Steeldiver (3ds), Dual Pen Sports (3ds) and Deblob 2 (DS). Wanted Renegade at first, but ended up spotting a y-sealed version of Deblob 2 which I've only seen shrinkwrapped copies at other retailers, so had to snag it! Figured since Renegade is published by Ubisoft, only a matter of time until that's $19.99 everywhere.;)

#93 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

ended up spotting a y-sealed version of Deblob 2 which I've only seen shrinkwrapped

Okay, maybe this is a silly question, but...why does it matter?

#94 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Okay, maybe this is a silly question, but...why does it matter?

No, not a silly question at all and I will gladly answer. It matters to me, because this is how 99.9% of games arrive from the manufacturer to retail shelves day one of the game being made available. I've never purchased a used console or game in my life because I like my games and systems brand new. When I see a game shrink-wrapped, to me that signifies the possibility it may have been a return that someone opened, meaning "used" and some store/marketplace/ebay seller is trying to pawn that cheaply wrapped crap off to me.

I've monitored this carefully over the years since I started buying games and I will admit that there are some instances wherein that maybe the only way to receive the game new. The fairly recently released Resident Evil Mercenaries 3DS comes to mind as I've checked this game at every Wal-mart, K-mart, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop and even ordered copies from Amazon and the Capcom store day one and I've yet to find one y-sealed. So for now, I can accept that game into my collection as is, unless one turns up somewhere
Spoiler
I've noticed that after a few months sometimes less, that unless it's a game from the wonderful Nintendo, (whom all game manufacturers should ascribe to emulate in their wrapping policies) there's a big possibility that the majority of copies occupying the shelves will be shrink-wrapped. Back when Monster Tale DS came out, I saw that Target had a decent stock of y-sealed versions but didn't want to pay $30 at the time. Lo and behold they put it on sale for $19.99 sometime later and I visited 8 Targets that day and could only find shrink-wrapped copies:bomb:

I'll be the first to admit there are way more important things in life to occupy one's mind and time with other than how a game comes packaged. But people obsess over all types of behaviors plenty of other people might find silly or without merit on a daily basis. Mine just happens to be ensuring I have a y-sealed copy when possible, that's all;)

#95 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Wow and I thought I was bad because I make sure to never buy the greatest hits versions of games.

A lot of games I have sealed are shrinkwrapped and they were ones I got from Amazon so I doubt they were resealed.

#96 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Great job OP. Not wikified, so can't fix this:

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (added 10-19-11) <--- PS3, not Xbox 360. Game was never released for 360.
-Michael

Posted Image

#97 jimijumper

jimijumper

Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

Great job OP. Not wikified, so can't fix this:

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (added 10-19-11) <--- PS3, not Xbox 360. Game was never released for 360.

whoops...thanks!

#98 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

No, not a silly question at all and I will gladly answer. It matters to me, because this is how 99.9% of games arrive from the manufacturer to retail shelves day one of the game being made available. I've never purchased a used console or game in my life because I like my games and systems brand new. When I see a game shrink-wrapped, to me that signifies the possibility it may have been a return that someone opened, meaning "used" and some store/marketplace/ebay seller is trying to pawn that cheaply wrapped crap off to me.

I've monitored this carefully over the years since I started buying games and I will admit that there are some instances wherein that maybe the only way to receive the game new. The fairly recently released Resident Evil Mercenaries 3DS comes to mind as I've checked this game at every Wal-mart, K-mart, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop and even ordered copies from Amazon and the Capcom store day one and I've yet to find one y-sealed. So for now, I can accept that game into my collection as is, unless one turns up somewhere

Spoiler
I've noticed that after a few months sometimes less, that unless it's a game from the wonderful Nintendo, (whom all game manufacturers should ascribe to emulate in their wrapping policies) there's a big possibility that the majority of copies occupying the shelves will be shrink-wrapped. Back when Monster Tale DS came out, I saw that Target had a decent stock of y-sealed versions but didn't want to pay $30 at the time. Lo and behold they put it on sale for $19.99 sometime later and I visited 8 Targets that day and could only find shrink-wrapped copies:bomb:

I'll be the first to admit there are way more important things in life to occupy one's mind and time with other than how a game comes packaged. But people obsess over all types of behaviors plenty of other people might find silly or without merit on a daily basis. Mine just happens to be ensuring I have a y-sealed copy when possible, that's all;)

Thanks for the explanation. It's a bit on the obsessive side, but at least I can understand your reasoning because I greatly prefer to be the only person to have owned a game. I like thinking "I'm the only person who has ever touched the contents of this game outside of the factory." Kinda like uncirculated coins (some of mine have never been touched by human hands). I'm not nearly as committed to it as you are, though. If a game is rare or significantly cheaper, I'll easily give in and buy a used copy without giving it much thought (as long as it's complete).

I certainly don't think this is as bad as folks who pull out their hair if one of their game cases is a different size or color. That one completely baffles me. Like the red PS3 cases...people around here seem to hate those cases, but I think they look cooler and they add a bit of variety to my collection. But I do understand the aversion to Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits because they plaster the big logo all over the game's insert. But now I'm getting a bit off-topic...

Oh, and no, I don't know of a place where you can get a Y-fold copy of the game, but I can keep an eye out for one whenever I go shopping (I'll probably be at TRU tomorrow).

#99 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

All PSP games:

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (favorites version) : $9.98
Prince of Persia: Revelations (favorites version) :$9.98
Tomb Raider Anniversary (w/ favorites sticker on top) :$9.98
Sid Meier's Pirates! (w/ favorites sticker on top) : $9.98
Brother's in Arm D-day : $9.98

Our TRU don't even have any PSP games in a glass showcase any more. I literally stacked all PSP games on the floor and carried them to the price scanner(?).
Posted Image

#100 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

Just like Nintendo has done with the Wii, Sony has basically left PSP behind. It has the fewest releases of all current gaming platforms (even the DS is getting more support). It might as well be considered last-gen at this point.

#101 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

All PSP games:

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (favorites version) : $9.98
Prince of Persia: Revelations (favorites version) :$9.98
Tomb Raider Anniversary (w/ favorites sticker on top) :$9.98
Sid Meier's Pirates! (w/ favorites sticker on top) : $9.98
Brother's in Arm D-day : $9.98

Our TRU don't even have any PSP games in a glass showcase any more. I literally stacked all PSP games on the floor and carried them to the price scanner(?).

I can confirm these saw them at the store in Joliet, Illinois.

#102 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

I got it to work fine on my 65" TV...the only catch is I have to sit about 15 feet back from the TV :)

Yeah i think thats my issue and probably alot of others.At least i know it can and does work properly,haha.I had problems walking around in the game,but finally got used to it after a while.
Posted Image

#103 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

It should be noted that most of the 9.98 games mentioned for PSP are part of a generic item SKN along with some PS2 and Wii games, so you probably can't look them up individually.

#104 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:25 AM

It should be noted that most of the 9.98 games mentioned for PSP are part of a generic item SKN along with some PS2 and Wii games, so you probably can't look them up individually.

This is correct. These $9.98 clearance games are provided by the same vendor that supplies all the $19.99 super buy games. You can tell them apart by the generic UPC sicker on the back of the games.

#105 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

Anyone know how much the PS3 Socom confrontation/headset bundle is? I seem remember it being around $50 "clearance" price a while ago.

#106 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

Just like Nintendo has done with the Wii, Sony has basically left PSP behind. It has the fewest releases of all current gaming platforms (even the DS is getting more support). It might as well be considered last-gen at this point.

its not looking good for nintendo, but even i admit that I have stopped buying wii games (especially if they are offered on 360/ps3 platforms).

#107 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

its not looking good for nintendo

I think everything will work out for Nintendo within the next year, but they are definitely in a weird place right now. It feels like they suddenly stopped caring about what they do. I'd like to think they are just focusing all of their attention on Wii U and are urging developers to do the same, but it's hard to tell what's going on from this side of the fence. All I know is that the number of releases has dwindled significantly. Hell, there isn't even a lot of shovelware coming out right now. Like you said, it doesn't look good...but I remain hopeful that looks will be deceiving in this case. Unlike so many people, I'm really looking forward to Wii U and the inevitable explosion of Nintendo goodness.

But for now, the 360 has all of my attention because it currently has the most activity that I care about. They're really putting me off with the new dashboard, though; I might focus more on PS3 once that's released to the public.

but even i admit that I have stopped buying wii games (especially if they are offered on 360/ps3 platforms).

I already did that anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii, but I prefer playing on the Xbox. Compared to Wii and PS3, it feels much more welcoming. The other consoles feel like they're shut off from the world whereas the 360 is always presenting me with new stuff. It's basically the only console that I buy multi-platform games for. 99% of the games I get for Wii and PS3 are exclusives. Thankfully, they both have a shit-load of exclusives, so it all works out quite well for me.

#108 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

I'm sure it's almost useless to ask due to demand, but if ANYBODY out there is near a store that has a CoD: BlOps Hardened Edition in stock, please let me know what it would run me to get some help getting my hands on that game.
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#109 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

sorry if I offended the lurkers....

anyways I added about 20 games to the OP. The ones that were added were all listed on the TRU website....Brink for $14.98??? hell yeah!:bouncy:

Only joshing with you. I know it's hard to differentiate from joking and seriousness on the internet.

#110 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

I'm sure it's almost useless to ask due to demand, but if ANYBODY out there is near a store that has a CoD: BlOps Hardened Edition in stock, please let me know what it would run me to get some help getting my hands on that game.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen it, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

#111 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

It may seem like a dumb question but are all of the clearance prices on the OP "in-store" prices? I've seen some of those games online @ those prices but when I had couple of them scanned on Tuesday / Wednesday they were full price.

#112 SynysterKobra

SynysterKobra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

is DJ Hero for 360 just the game or a bundle?

#113 Gamien

Gamien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

FYI the Shaun White games are snowboarding rather than skateboarding.
Currently Playing
:ds: The World Ends With You
:ps3: Crysis 2

Earn for Charity While You Shop Online - FREE at clickanthropy.org

#114 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm still looking for "good" clearance games... lol. Best I've found so far (in Columbus, Ohio) is Prince of Persia Wii ($9.98 final price), Bioshock 2 PS3 ($9.98 final price), Assassin's Creed 2 PS# ($14.98 final price). I really want the Wii version of Call of Duty 3, so if anyone finds it hit me up via PM for a trade. Thanks.

#115 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

I guess I was a little late on the fishing bundle. I already have the dangerous hunt bundle so I did not pay close attention to the clearance thread.

My 9 year old son is in the hospital and LOVES fishing (and fishing games). Online stock checker looked like it was sold out by me, but my wife did not give up and had TRU employees calling around town.

Very happy she found one on the way to the hospital to give to my son and another near where the TRU employee lives. He will get it transferred so we can give it to the son of the friend who is watching our other children.

Awesome customer service from TRU! I have never experienced anything else there.

#116 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

All PSP games again:

Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony: $9.98
Burnout Legends: $9.98
Posted Image

#117 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

There are a few buy 1 get 1 free clearance games on the Toysrus website. There isn't much selection, and much of it is out of stock.

http://www.toysrus.c...rigger&view=all

#118 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

Hey Jimi I came across Battle of the giants dinosaur strike for :wii: for 9.98 also.

#119 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

You can add this one to the list, Doods Big Adventure uDraw Wii - $15.98

If you really want this game you can get it new for under $10 shipped from goHastings on Amazon.

#120 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Oh I saw Worms Battle Islands Wii for 9.98.

putting drops in red like the target thread.