[Dead] GameFly October 2011 Under $20 Used Game Blowout Sale

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#331 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hoping my "Shadows" is sitting on the table when I get home. I might have to break from Arkham City to play that for a couple hours tonight...

#332 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Got my No More Heroes Paradise and Shadows of the Damned today, awesome condition. Fast shipping too, two days to go from California to Kentucky is awesome.

#333 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

is killzone 3 part of this?

Its used for 20$ too.... the price seems too good to be true especially as its not even 1 year old yet!

#334 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

you missed killzone 3 for $15 a week or two ago.

my no more heroes paradise just shipped today :D , hyped to get it and play it

#335 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

I saw that and its unfortunate but 20$ is still a damn good price for it. Im assuming its permanent then.

I never really payed attention to gamefly but if they have such great used prices for big games that arent even 1 year old, im certain to pay attention more often!

#336 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

to anyone complaining about shipping, if you order 2+ it gets to you much faster than if you just order 1.

#337 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Unfortunately, no! I had emailed them about providing the Papal payment option when I was going to purchase things from them in the beginning.

Gamefly keeps your credit card information, and you can't delete it.

I told them that with all the identity thefts at major corporations and fortune 500 companies, I didn't want to leave my credit card information on any website anymore. But they just replied that it was their policy.

Gamefly refunds 100% pretty much no questions asked. I've ordered about 50 games from Gamefly and all have been fine. I'm sure there's some problems, but the simple fact is they refund. This is not a company that should be receiving a dose of 'net hate.

Edited by mcthatch, 21 October 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#338 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

never had any issues with GF.. always in mint condition and ships fast.

#339 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:55 AM

to anyone complaining about shipping, if you order 2+ it gets to you much faster than if you just order 1.

Yes, I ordered 2 games on Tuesday, and get them today.

#340 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

After reading some of the posts, I went back and found that my copy of No More Heroes and Shadow of the Damned for the PS3 also have chips on the outer edge of the discs. However, I've also looked through all the GameFly games I've bought, and they all seem to have had them yet I've never noticed them interfering with the game. As far as I can tell, as long as they don't touch the silver substrate, they will not affect reading operations.
Posted Image

#341 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

Really wish I could afford 3 games right now (Shadows of the Damned, No More Heroes 2, & Motorstorm) but could only afford 1 and that was Motorstorm. Been waiting to get this game for a long time now. How is the online community for it? Motorstorm: Pacific Rift pissed me off cause either there was no online community when I was lttp last year or the game sucked for not connecting any lobbies. Do hope that SotD and NMH2 will be on sale again next time. My body is ready!

#342 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

After reading some of the posts, I went back and found that my copy of No More Heroes and Shadow of the Damned for the PS3 also have chips on the outer edge of the discs. However, I've also looked through all the GameFly games I've bought, and they all seem to have had them yet I've never noticed them interfering with the game. As far as I can tell, as long as they don't touch the silver substrate, they will not affect reading operations.

How I felt, never noticed, because really if it is so minor and games play perfectly I am not bothered. Can not speak highly enough about GameFly, best company to buy used games from by far.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#343 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

Are the cases and manuals usually in good condition? Strangely enough, I'm more concerned about that than the disc, lol. I picked up Metroid Other M and Lego Star Wars III. Both for $27 after tax, I think that's a decent deal.

UyUhMmy.png

#344 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

Are the cases and manuals usually in good condition? Strangely enough, I'm more concerned about that than the disc, lol. I picked up Metroid Other M and Lego Star Wars III. Both for $27 after tax, I think that's a decent deal.

Yeah, they're untouched as gamefly just sends the discs out to its users.

default.png2.png

#345 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

I've read a few times that ordering more than one game at a time gets you faster shipping... I ordered 6 games from them this month, all single disc orders, and they all got to me within 2-3 days. So I'm not sure the quantity in your order necessarily matters.

#346 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

Absolutely it does. I ordered 5 games from them, one at a time, when these nightly deals started. They all took between 7-15 days to get to me, and I'm near the Pittsburgh's warehouse. I haven't been lucky enough to find 2 games I'm interested in per sale, but I do believe others when they tell me that buying 2 or more will upgrade your order to Priority shipping, which gets to you in 2-3 days, and not 7-15 days.

I've read a few times that ordering more than one game at a time gets you faster shipping... I ordered 6 games from them this month, all single disc orders, and they all got to me within 2-3 days. So I'm not sure the quantity in your order necessarily matters.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#347 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

Damn Bestbuy is quick. I was going to get RF:A just to run through and trade towards bf3, but they cut the tiv in half.

#348 Hei

Hei

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

I bought two on the 13th and my games have yet to arrive...I think they split the orders though. Not sure when to expect them as the tracking numbers don't appear to work.

#349 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

Got MvC3 today, played it a little (had those chips in the side) and it works like it should.

Looking forward to more sales!

KneeKnee.png

#350 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Curses, I just got a $5 GF rewards coupon, but Vanquish is not for sale!

#351 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Contracted Gamefly about my RDR Undead Nightmare and they said it got lost in the mail and refunded me and won't let me get another copy.

Fuck these guys.

They don't do replacements, but you can work around it. What did you say to them?

I had a cracked copy of Dead Rising 2, which I paid $10 for. I emailed them, told them I'd be happy to do the return, but didn't want to lose out on the price, which had since risen to $15 + $3 shipping.

In the reply, they gave me a voucher for $8, which covered the cost of my re-order.

#352 Tonious

Tonious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Got the last of my order today, pristine condition as always with PS3 games. Total haul from this sale:

Duke Nukem Forever
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Portal 2
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Crysis 2
BulletStorm
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
Killzone 3
Dead Rising 2

Gah... that's a lot. Most of the money I saved for Black Friday deals is gone. XD Oh well.

#353 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

just throwing my support in for gamefly quality. as far as used games go, they are the best i've found. i've probably bought 40 games from them, and only had a problem with one. i emailed them, they sent me a prepaid shipping label, and refunded my credit card when they received it.

i absolutely recommend gamefly.

#354 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

FYI - Gran Turismo back in stock. I know at least one other person was looking for it.
Posted Image

#355 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Decided to wait on Child of Eden. Got :360: Dead Space 2 (which just came back into stock), Trinity & No More Heroes

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#356 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

after debating it all week finally bit the bullet on :360: Portal 2 and :ps3: Gran Turismo 5.
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011

#357 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

Just a warning those chips put so much stress on the drive reading them and man does it ever. It is science just think about it. The drive is spinning and all those chips make the disc more unstable and the air goes into those chips which slows it down and makes it work so much harder. It is like doing a custom car as a box shape driving down the street. Yes it drives fine but it takes more power for the engine to go and it puts a lot of stress on the engine. I rather have my 360 not RROD even the newer models can do this or the drives fail. This is one way to make the % of it happening to you.

But some people will say it is not true and i bet those same people buy extension cords galore and plug in like 20 things into 1 outlet and thinks that is perfectly fine. Common sense is a wonderful tool.

Also a warning for people thinking about taking the chance and if they do get chipped discs gamefly bans you from buying/renting if you return a few no matter how many you buy. They blame the chips happening at your local post office and will not ship anymore to you. If you do not believe me you can contact them and ask how this stuff works. It is simple to return items but you send in say betweeen 2-5 they flag your account and good chance it goes bye bye. I suggest googling to about it.

These deals are amazing but just think is it worth paying 1-2 bones somewhere else and get them fine or save 1-2 bones and take the chance they got chips or not working or whatever other issues arises. I bought duke nukem for $10 i regret it cause i bet it comes chipped like the last few i got did. I ended up giving them away and bought them somewhere else. I love the ones that sound so bad like a jet plane taking off. Those rule!

I still like to know how they get all those outer edge chips!

Edited by FNL 4EVA, 21 October 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#358 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Common sense is a wonderful tool.

lol

#359 adamgould

adamgould

Nothing Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

FYI - Gran Turismo back in stock. I know at least one other person was looking for it.

Just got it. Thanks!

#360 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Finally got Gran Turismo 5! Thanks to Dysheekie for the PM! \\:D/

|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!