[Dead] GameFly October 2011 Under $20 Used Game Blowout Sale

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#361 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

Gah, caved and got GoldenEye 007 and WWE All Stars for Wii. I expect to be burned in price on the former come this holiday season.

#362 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

They can flag my account all they want. It's not my fault that their games have all these chips. Take a look at my album. I didn't know that they would flag you, though. Although I'm not ordering from them anymore, and I agree with you about spending a few more dollars somewhere else for the peace of mine, I do appreciate you informing us of this. Thanks!

Just a warning those chips put so much stress on the drive reading them and man does it ever. It is science just think about it. The drive is spinning and all those chips make the disc more unstable and the air goes into those chips which slows it down and makes it work so much harder. It is like doing a custom car as a box shape driving down the street. Yes it drives fine but it takes more power for the engine to go and it puts a lot of stress on the engine. I rather have my 360 not RROD even the newer models can do this or the drives fail. This is one way to make the % of it happening to you.

But some people will say it is not true and i bet those same people buy extension cords galore and plug in like 20 things into 1 outlet and thinks that is perfectly fine. Common sense is a wonderful tool.

Also a warning for people thinking about taking the chance and if they do get chipped discs gamefly bans you from buying/renting if you return a few no matter how many you buy. They blame the chips happening at your local post office and will not ship anymore to you. If you do not believe me you can contact them and ask how this stuff works. It is simple to return items but you send in say betweeen 2-5 they flag your account and good chance it goes bye bye. I suggest googling to about it.

These deals are amazing but just think is it worth paying 1-2 bones somewhere else and get them fine or save 1-2 bones and take the chance they got chips or not working or whatever other issues arises. I bought duke nukem for $10 i regret it cause i bet it comes chipped like the last few i got did. I ended up giving them away and bought them somewhere else. I love the ones that sound so bad like a jet plane taking off. Those rule!

I still like to know how they get all those outer edge chips!

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#363 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

Sure wish All-Stars would drop that low for Xbox. Or drop at all.

#364 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

I really wish GT5 would come back in stock!

#365 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

well....i couldnt register because of some issue with my address....

this never happened on amazon... hope this is fixed asap

#366 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

what was motorstorm apocalypses price before the sale?

#367 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

I felt so good about how much money I save on PC games today that I went for Shadows finally. Should be fun.
Posted Image

#368 Rav

Rav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

Its been a few days, but I ended up buying Child of Eden and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II for around $25 shipped. Hard to beat that kind of deal. Thanks again for the info OP! :)
Posted Image
Steam/Xfire ->
Spoiler

#369 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

gt5 arrived today. case and manual are like new. disc is in used condition. overall i am happy :)

#370 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

ive decided to turn down this great price. I have too many games right now...and this will distract me way too much.

Does anyone know what Motorstorm Apocalypse is used price when not on sale?

#371 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Resurfaced DS2 but it works.

#372 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

ive decided to turn down this great price. I have too many games right now...and this will distract me way too much.

Does anyone know what Motorstorm Apocalypse is used price when not on sale?

35-40 most likely

Speaking of which, I just got my copy in the mail today. Disc has 2 or 3 chips but otherwise looks great. Manual and case are fantastic, and it even comes with the unused vehicle pack voucher. Should make a great first game to try out with my first Dualshock 3

#373 vherub

vherub

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

played my copy of red faction:a (ps3) and it locked up on the final chapter, system freeze each time.
Disc didn't look bad, and there hadn't been any problems prior. Returning, probably not going to rebuy.
I think I'm more disappointed about how great the game could have been. The new weapons, experience system, vehicles and rebuild gun + rf:g would have been so much better.

#374 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Got my copy of GT5 and it is perfect, except for the little chips.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#375 toldawg128

toldawg128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

Just received Portal 2 Posted Image and the Steam code was unused. http://www.cheapassg...AAAElFTkSuQmCC:)
This was my first purchase from Gamefly. Everything looks great except for a couple of small dents around the edge of the disc.

signature2.png 76561197979401367.png

#376 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Ended up biting on Epic Mickey, LEGO Star Wars III, Force Unleashed II and Portal 2. I've bought so many games from GameFly this past month, I don't know when I'm even going to play them all.

#377 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Got my copy of GT5 and it is perfect, except for the little chips.

Also received my copy of GT5 today. Mine has no scratches and no chips/dents, so I'm very happy. I've had bad luck with Gamefly in the past, so I'm surprised I didn't get one scratched or chipped up.

#378 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

If you get GT5 I suggest you don't try Forza 4, because Forza 4 kills GT5 in pretty much all aspects. Graphics in GT5 are decent, but I really think GRID looks better...Forza 4 absolutely looks better. Worst part is engine sounds. Forza 4 beats GT5 by a huge margin in this category. Only the premium models having cockpit view in GT5 is also a big disappointment. I'll probably craigslist/ebay my copy of GT5 and wait for FOrza 4 to go on sale for 40. It really is far and away better than GT5.

#379 goku31389

goku31389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

I received my copy of vanquish today and it was scratched to ALL hell !!! Imma just trade it into GameStop and whatever I get for it I'll just add to it and get a better copy.......or maybe I'll just send it back. I'm not sure what to do as of yet.

#380 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

I do not know was saying Gamefly shipping was slow but I recieved mine today, ordered GT5 and Motorstorm. Both disks almost perfect and Motorstorm even came with the unused code for DLC.

#381 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

I received my copy of vanquish today and it was scratched to ALL hell !!! Imma just trade it into GameStop and whatever I get for it I'll just add to it and get a better copy.......or maybe I'll just send it back. I'm not sure what to do as of yet.

Did you get it for 360? I no longer buy 360 games off Gamefly due to the discs scratching so easily. Only makes sense that if you buy a rental copy it's gonna take a good deal of abuse. Blu-Ray discs are much tougher and hold up a lot better.

#382 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

Did you get it for 360? I no longer buy 360 games off Gamefly due to the discs scratching so easily. Only makes sense that if you buy a rental copy it's gonna take a good deal of abuse. Blu-Ray discs are much tougher and hold up a lot better.

^THIS^

I stopped buying games from Gamefly also specifically for this reason; every X360 and Wii game I purchased from them were in horrible condition, hell one time a disc was literally cracked down the middle. It's worth it to me to pay ~$10 more for a game that I really want brand new versus paying less and getting a copy that appears to have been used as a Frisbee by some neighborhood kids playing with rabid rottweilers.

The good thing is though they take returns very easily, just email them. They always told me to reseal the game in the original packaging and write "return to sender" on the package. In a few days I always got a full refund. At least that is who it used to work.

#383 goku31389

goku31389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

^THIS^

I stopped buying games from Gamefly also specifically for this reason; every X360 and Wii game I purchased from them were in horrible condition, hell one time a disc was literally cracked down the middle. It's worth it to me to pay ~$10 more for a game that I really want brand new versus paying less and getting a copy that appears to have been used as a Frisbee by some neighborhood kids playing with rabid rottweilers.

The good thing is though they take returns very easily, just email them. They always told me to reseal the game in the original packaging and write "return to sender" on the package. In a few days I always got a full refund. At least that is who it used to work.

Lmao well I learned my lesson....I'm going to only order my 360 games from gohastings since every 360 game I ever got from them came in brand new condition lol

Thanks for the feedback guys.....maybe I'll just ship it back to them for the full refund.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/drivingmad3]Posted Image
[/URL]

#384 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

:360: Vaniquish arrived, perfect condition besides two random edge chips
121056.png
Latest Buys: :xb1: MGS V: Ground Zeroes :xb1: Tomb Raider: DE :xb1: Theif :xb1: Forza 5 :xb1: Wolfenstein: The New Order
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division

#385 goku31389

goku31389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

I wish I got your copy instead.... Son of &&$@$ lol
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/drivingmad3]Posted Image
[/URL]

#386 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

There's your lesson if your gonna buy used games at least do it from gohastings, where the disc is actually a mint one.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#387 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

I got my No More Heroes PS3. Game disc was pretty much flawless, as was the rest of it. Probably wasn't rented a whole lot though.

#388 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

Just finished that game today. It was awesome! I know you're going to enjoy it.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#389 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:01 AM

bummer should have ordered more then one game, ordered wed and its still not here.

oh well, i have batman to beat all weekend, hopefully no more heroes comes monday :D

#390 Jammer IV

Jammer IV

CAG Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:10 AM

Got Portal 2 (PS3) in the mail today. Good news/bad news: Disc was virtually scratch free, and barely any chipping at all. Unfortunately, steam code had already been used...