- - - - -

[Dead] GameFly October 2011 Under $20 Used Game Blowout Sale

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#61 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:42 AM

I finally played games this weekend.

Still have over 60 games in my backlog...

Homefront was the shittiest game I've played since Legendary for the PS3...jeez if those asshats got in the way constantly...your team AI made it feel like a rail shooter...a very bad one with absolutely no story. Forced myself to finish the game.

Finished Medal of Honor...sad ending..underrated game. :(

Finished Killzone 3...meh.

Started Bulletstorm...waaay too much shit going on in this game...really think this game could have done without the whip.

I've succumbed to forgetting about trophies...not like I have time to spend hours online anyway...just playing on normal and blazing through the games...only way I'll finish them.

I still have Castelvania sealed from the goHastings error, GoW III sealed (from launch), Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood sealed...shit I haven't even played Bioshock 2 yet...

I'm passing on all of the new releases until I get caught up...what's the point.
I've stacked up a lot of muli-plat titles that look like a chore and will be passing on them altogether...they're in the discard pile...many still new.

I'm a recovering addict apparently...dammit my itch for a good deal...all these games just taunt me while I spend more time on the lookout...that's the true game we play.

There should be a Gamers Anonymous or Cheap Ass Anonymous thread.

Posted Image

#62 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:42 AM

Nice sale, I'd be all over No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned had I not already bought them.

#63 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

does anyone remember if this is the same price for Vanquish as the daily deal a couple weeks ago, or was it $7.99 then?

p.s. why do i find the above photo so disturbing?

#64 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

$60.xx total for Shadows of the Damned, NMH, and Trinity all for :ps3:. Hell of a deal!

#65 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

I'm a recovering addict apparently...dammit my itch for a good deal...all these games just taunt me while I spend more time on the lookout...that's the true game we play.

There should be a Gamers Anonymous or Cheap Ass Anonymous thread.

LOL, I have been doing the same thing, and I just bought GT5. SMH, I wonder when I will play it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

Bit on Duke Nukem. For $10 I figured its worth a shot.

#67 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

Really liked the demo for vanquish...can anyone vouch for this game?
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#68 Huggybear1688

Huggybear1688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I bought Duke, 9/27 shipped 10/8 still haven't received it
I bought Dead Rising 2, 9/29 shipped 10/8 still haven't received
I bought Assassins Creed Brotherhood 10/7 shipped 10/8 and received 10/13

WTH gamefly????

#69 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Is there any DLC with no more heroes? I definitely want to get this.

#70 izpep

izpep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:51 AM

Vanquish was one of the best games I played from last year. It's the perfect example of a brilliant game that was overlooked by almost everyone.

Highly recommended.

#71 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

A lot of CAGs, me included, can vouch for it. It's a fun, albeit short pure action game. Just make sure to not play it like Gears (taking cover and picking foes off) but rather run and gun exploiting the bullet time mode and you'll have a blast.

#72 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

From what I played, it was really fun. I heard it's gets tougher as you progress though or maybe that was a second playthrough...anyways it's worth it.

#73 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I finally played games this weekend.

Still have over 60 games in my backlog...

I still have Castelvania sealed from the goHastings error, GoW III sealed (from launch), Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood sealed...shit I haven't even played Bioshock 2 yet...

U really need to pop in GOW3, Bioshock and CV instead of those others, MUCH better games. I liked Bulletstorm for a cheap rental or at under $10 it was a fun time, loved the dialogue. Turned off MOH, got tired of another kill the Taliban, oh wait, he lied to us, go here missions. Reviews like yours for Homefront make me want to pass on that one even more. Get to that backlog soldier!!!:bouncy:

#74 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

Personally, I couldn't really get into Vanquish. It was just TOO fast, and this is coming from someone that loves Bulletstorm.

#75 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

I will wait for the big month sale. Hopefully nothing goes out of stock by then.

I've been buying so many games from these sales, can't justify buying more especially by the time I get to them they will most likely be cheaper.
pswii60 pwner - aka Too Many Games, Too Little Time
Posted Image

#76 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

From what I played, it was really fun. I heard it's gets tougher as you progress though or maybe that was a second playthrough...anyways it's worth it.

Its a really fun shooter, great controls and different from the avalanche of FPS shooter clones out there. For me it was one of those games that I rented, beat it, and months down the line I kind of have an itch to play it again.

You could trade it into BB for $7 base if you don't dig it.

#77 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

Vanquish was amazing. One of the best games of last year, lots and lots of fun.

#78 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

I played it when it came out last year. It's a reall fun and intense game. Well worth the 10 bucks.

#79 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Vanquish was one of the best games I played from last year. It's the perfect example of a brilliant game that was overlooked by almost everyone.

Highly recommended.

A lot of CAGs, me included, can vouch for it. It's a fun, albeit short pure action game. Just make sure to not play it like Gears (taking cover and picking foes off) but rather run and gun exploiting the bullet time mode and you'll have a blast.

Personally, I couldn't really get into Vanquish. It was just TOO fast, and this is coming from someone that loves Bulletstorm.

Thanks, decided to buy it. I hope the price doesn't go lower with the monthly sale.
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#80 balbanesbeoulve

balbanesbeoulve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

Tempted to get Shadows of the Damned but my backlog is so massive, and knowing how it bombed at retail I know it'll hit $10 eventually.

#81 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

Thanks, decided to buy it. I hope the price doesn't go lower with the monthly sale.

The TIV at Bestbuy is $7. You can beat the game and trade it back to make it even assuming you use the trade in bonus.

#82 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

I bought it for $15 from TRU, and haven't finished it yet. Can't go wrong at $15<.

#83 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

Thank you for posting this, been waiting for GT5 to hit $20 for a while. Even Ebay has not had a copy go for under $25 with shipping in the last couple weeks. Never had an issue with Gamefly except with renting taking a while.

#84 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

Excellent. In for SOTD Thanks OP!!!

KneeKnee.png

#85 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

Vanquish and MLB 11

#86 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

Fuck! Why couldn't WWE All Stars be on sale for PS3. Been waiting to get that game for under 20 for a long time.

#87 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

YES!!! The Amazing Race for Wii finally hit my price point! Heck Yeah :twoguns:

#88 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

Sweet sale. Got Motorstorm Apocalypse for the $20 I wanted to pay for it. Will be sweet with the new 3D TV! Debating GT5 but I should wait until I get paid on Friday. Hopefully it is still there...

CBrownsT10.png

#89 Tonious

Tonious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

Jumped on Trinity. Didn't think I'd find it this cheap, it's been hovering around 40-50 for months. Hope it doesn't get cheaper later. ;_; I hate that feeling of wasting a few bucks that could have gone towards another game.

#90 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

Fuck! Why couldn't WWE All Stars be on sale for PS3. Been waiting to get that game for under 20 for a long time.

this. possibly after wwe '12 drops?
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011