Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#152 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Vanquish and Duke for $21. Not to bad. I'm quite ready to find out how bad people are saying Duke is haha :)

76561197972337331.png

#153 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

i obsess over these sales at GF. i constantly check to see if they added free shipping to additional titles. hell, i even check x360 prices - and i only have a PS3 and a Wii.

we are legion, we are cags.

anyway, decieded on:

GoldenEye
NFS Shift 2
No More Heroes: HP

43.53 after the taxman.

#154 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

In for Top Spin 4 Wii and Epic Mickey for X-mas presents. Hopefully my sister doesn't buy these before then and they aren't cheaper on BF.

#155 dkcecil

dkcecil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Vanquish and Duke for $21. Not to bad. I'm quite ready to find out how bad people are saying Duke is haha :)

I liked Duke a lot. It was a throwback to when FPSs didn't take themselves so seriously.

On topic, thanks OP! I snagged Force Unleashed 2.
Like old school horror and B movies? Check this out.
http://www.goodbadflicks.com/

#156 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

I personally liked Homefront. Is it the best game ever? Hellz to the no, but it's a interesting idea and story. Multiplayer makes it worthwhile, because single player is only 4-5 hours long.

I know someone mentioned earlier that they thought it was horrible. I disagree?

You gather nothing additional in regards to the story that you didn't already get by looking at the box art or what you have already heard about the game.

Nothing groundbreaking...North Koreans invade America.

You fight locally for the most part...blow up some gun towers...look for a helicopter...fly to what looks like the golden gate bridge for the 'finale' which somehow frees America from the tyranny...even afrer the game impression the invasion, rather occupation, is nationwide.

You don't battle them across America...you battle them locally ...fly to a bridge and that saves the fucking day.

There is no fucking story in addition to the box art.

Anyone who paid full price for this or over $15....I'm sorry.

#157 wishlish

wishlish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Picked up PS3 Motorstorm: Apocalypse. Thanks!

#158 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

I try not to buy used games as the developers never see that money but I caved and picked up Shadows of the Damned (PS3) for $19.25 with tax. Thanks OP

#159 Donken

Donken

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

10/24

Thanks Cheapy, I was wondering when this was ending as well, I am thinking of picking up a couple of these but need to decide if I really want to or not.

#160 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Debating whether or not to grab Shadows of the Damned. I've been waiting for a deal on it, but I'd prefer to get it for the 360. Plus, I have too many games and too little time right now as it is. Still...
Posted Image

#161 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Debating whether or not to grab Shadows of the Damned. I've been waiting for a deal on it, but I'd prefer to get it for the 360. Plus, I have too many games and too little time right now as it is. Still...

Me and you both. I barely have time with everything going on...I'm thinking about No More Heroes though.

#162 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Thank you! NBA Jam was good for me!
Posted Image

#163 Quadriflax

Quadriflax

Consumer of Energy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Anyone who paid full price for this or over $15....I'm sorry.

Agreed. I picked this up a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for the same price. Aside from the multiplayer, which I cannot comment on, everything negative people say about this game is true. Normally I'm able to look past faults and take a game for what it is, but it was hard to do with this one.

The potential for this game was pretty huge, but they just fall so short of the mark it's not even funny. The story is "meh", the on-rails nature of the game destroys any ability to really get sucked into the setting, the extremely short campaign is just that--extremely short, and the un-skippable little in-game cut scenes are really, really annoying, especially when trying for some of the achievements and you have to listen to them over and over. Why we're still doing that this day and age is beyond me.

I was trying to hold out for $10, but I figured for $13, it was close enough. At $10, it would be hard to feel ripped off. At $13 plus tax, I feel like I'm on the bubble. I can only assume the multiplayer redeems the extra few dollars, but again, I can't really comment.

I'd say to anyone on the bubble for this, wait it out if you've got anything else in your backlog, especially if you're not into multiplayer. I know the difference of $3-4 seems silly, but a) we're CAGs, and b) I picked up AC:B for $15, which I'm sure I'll enjoy far, far more than Homefront, so the bang-for-buck factor is sorely lacking for Homefront.

#164 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

If you have the 360 and the PS3, Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth claim that the PS3 version is the superior one: Digital Foundry - http://www.eurogamer...damned-face-off

Lens Of Truth - http://www.lensoftru...nshot-analysis/

#165 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

Noticed and ordered Child of Eden for 360 for $15. Added to OP.

MjC

#166 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

I thought about Duke for 10, but I saw people gushing over Shadows of the Damned. So I took a look at it.

And it has a level that's a homage to the EVIL DEAD?! Sold. Sorry, Duke.

#167 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Ugh I have wanted Shadows of the Damned for soooo long. $18 is a LITTLE more then the $13 I had hopped GF would sell it for. But I also have 5 games in the next month coming to me (Batman, Uncharted, LotR, UMvC3, and Assassin's Creed Revelations). Plus I have like 150 PS3/360 games unbeaten in my backlog. PLUS I have a sealed copy of Halo Reach Limited Edition I want to sell/trade for SotD with no takers yet </shameless plug>.

I know I shouldn't buy it but I am so tempted by it........

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#168 Spirit-of

Spirit-of

$15 Breaking Point

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

I snagged 'Shadows of the Damned'.

Thought about Duke Nukem, but anything above "free" seems a bit over-priced.
Posted Image

#169 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

Ugh I have wanted Shadows of the Damned for soooo long. $18 is a LITTLE more then the $13 I had hopped GF would sell it for. But I also have 5 games in the next month coming to me (Batman, Uncharted, LotR, UMvC3, and Assassin's Creed Revelations). Plus I have like 150 PS3/360 games unbeaten in my backlog. PLUS I have a sealed copy of Halo Reach Limited Edition I want to sell/trade for SotD with no takers yet </shameless plug>.

I know I shouldn't buy it but I am so tempted by it........

I'm glad I don't have that many games in my backlog. I have roughly 30-40 maybe more. I can't wait until winter break when I have some more time to play my videogames.

#170 drew327

drew327

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Got Portal 2, Duke Nukem, Shadows of the Damned, and No More Heroes for 60 bucks. I need to learn to wait for sales more often

#171 eagles5769

eagles5769

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Do you think Motorstorm: Apocalyse will get any cheaper in the next few months? I really shouldn't be buying more games when my backlog of unplayed games is so big. I figure I don't plan to play online so I can probably wait a little while longer. I buy online games I'm interested quicker because the online community drops off quickly.

#172 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Fuck it, I went ahead and bit on No More Heroes PS3 and Shadows of the Damned.

I'm really excited about NMH, and I've been in love with the idea of Shadows of the Damned since I saw the first trailer.

#173 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

I want Shadows of the Damned for this price, but I have WAY too much hitting me in November. Sure it'll be cheaper by the time I'm ready for it.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#174 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Fuck , I still have an additional $50 worth of games in my cart. Gamefly is seriously raping my wallet, I've already sacrificed several new releases.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#175 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Don't know why I'd want TFU2 for 10 when I can get the CE for $20.
Same with Goldeneye.. the Gold Controller edition is going to be worth so much more than the regular one.

Also, Many of those games are now sold out. Good luck people! I got 7/10 I wanted.

#176 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

Am I the only one who picked up Top Spin 4?

ach.png

#177 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Am I the only one who picked up Top Spin 4?

Probably, lol.

#178 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

how is motorstorm compare to last 2 motor storm games? I know the first 2 were known for their difficulty and tough AI is the 3rd one about the same?

also in for infamous i want the original box art cover i hope they don't send me the greatest hits one lol

#179 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I just now got the email notification about the full sale going live and Gran Turismo 5 is already OOS. So freaking fail and the rest of this sale sucks for PS3.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#180 fifthof9

fifthof9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

How long did it take for you guys to receive your game? My Crysis 2 supposedly shipped Wednesday, still haven't got it...

My copy of Crysis 2 shipped out 10/11 and arrived on Saturday, the 15th.

308762.png