Photo
- - - - -

Windows XP not recognizing my ethernet cord? Help pl0x?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

So I'm trying to help some friends out and fix their computer for them, but I'm stumped. I've been unable to use my internet via their PC at all and I've checked all the likely suspects (cords work, router's working, internet protection is WPA which XP is compatible with, took a peek at the drivers). Does anyone here have an idea what to do when you can't make a new connection because it says you've already got it configured?

I've tried formatting and even from a clean install it doesn't want to work... I'll come back and post more specific hardware specs when I have a chance. Also, where do you find drivers for network cards (probably going to have to figure out which device is the network card, though, so advice on what they would look like would be appreciated)? If that's the problem, I'd like to just replace them myself and Fuck the windows update method.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#2 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

Okay, here are the specs for the computer.

So does this help anyone figure out what drivers I need? Because this just confused me more.

Spoiler

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

#3 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Figured out what drivers I need and it works like a charm now. Thread no longer needed.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png