Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#61 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Bout time they finally drop some titles to clear them out.;) Now if only they had done that before my gold mine Kmart decided to sift through the layers of old games in their cases and put them out on the $19.99 and under shelves properly marked.:-#

They did the same thing at my local Kmart. They had quite a few Warhawk & Socom bundles (both of which came with headset) tucked away in the back of the case a few months ago. They put them out on the shelves with the correct pricing, and within a couple weeks they were gone.:cry:

I thought 19.99 was still too much to pay (stupid I know) so I decided to wait for another clearance price drop. Didn't pan out too well, but whatever...

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#62 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

I still have one of the SOCOM bundles from Sears clearance. It has the official headset in it(though they released a newer version of that now, right?), so it should be worth something to someone. I personally can't stand those in-ear headsets, but I wanted to try out the game.

Unfortunately it's online mp only I think. Otherwise I'd probably give it a whirl.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#63 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

couple more to the $9.99 list

saints row double pack
dragon age origins ultimate edition
tron evolution

went in for batman ended up picking up DA and Tron, stashed the double pack for later :)

kmarts converting me over from amazon with all the deals as of late.

#64 JSD

JSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Just to be clear this only includes Dead Space 2 Limited Edition right? Not the Collector's Edition?

#65 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

saints row double pack
tron evolution

went in for batman ended up picking up DA and Tron, stashed the double pack for later :)

Awesome. I've wanted to try out the dragon age games for awhile, and for $10 it's a no-brainer.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#66 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

Damn. I may have to take a trek to Kmart for the DA O UE for $10.

Posted Image

#67 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Dragon Age was awesome. No brainer at this price.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#68 1020chase

1020chase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

only game KMart in Frankfort, KY had on sale was bioshock 2, but i already have that...heavy rain was what i wanted, but it still scanned at 29.99$

#69 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

No go at Manassas VA Kmart yet...

#70 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

I picked up PS3 Bioshock 2 sealed because that's all I could find in Columbus. (Would trade for PS3 Heavy Rain or maybe Tron... PM me please.)

#71 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Damn. I may have to take a trek to Kmart for the DA O UE for $10.

I have DA:O. Sadly it's sitting there waiting for me to play...

I want to play it with the limited time I have, but my CAG side says "beat the new game with the high TiV before it drops".

I also have DS1 and 2 that I really want to play after talking in length about Fatal frame in one of the threads.

My wife laughs cause I have been running on like 5 hours of sleep max a night because of it being the only time I can play these new releases. Sounds like you might be in the same boat IATCG

#72 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

I picked up PS3 Bioshock 2 sealed because that's all I could find in Columbus. (Would trade for PS3 Heavy Rain or maybe Tron... PM me please.)

Which one? Cause I was thinking of hitting the GC one since I haven't been there in like 3 weeks and it was a quick glance run at that.

#73 shredsofsanity

shredsofsanity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

I mentioned in the other thread that my store had Brutal Legend go down to $13 as well as Red Faction Guerrilla at $13 as well for the PS3. Heavy Rain and DS2 did not go down h less it was in the last day for all stores.

#74 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

saints row double pack
tron evolution

Saints Row Double pack and DA:O UE for $20? I'm in. I hope my Kmart is up to date with prices.

#75 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

So does this mean that all of the clearance / price drops in the shc gamer post here http://www.cheapassg...942&postcount=6 are just being dropped further in price?

The reason I ask is that some games like heavy rain isn't even listed in that price drop post. I'm just looking for a way to get a full list of what is being dropped in price and what isn't.

#76 LCS213

LCS213

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Is it possible to return/re-buy some of these games if they're ringing up higher today?

#77 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

Is it possible to return/re-buy some of these games if they're ringing up higher today?

I'm sure K-Mart won't say no to more money. ;)

I'll check out my K-Mart today. I was admittedly skeptical last night, and I didn't want to make a drive out in the tempest if it turned out to be YMMV.

#78 lessthan12parsecs

lessthan12parsecs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

Negative in Tallahassee, Fl....stopped by this morning and realized why I don't game shop at K-Mart...

They keep all the games spine out, so if you want to find a price, you have to ask someone....UGH!!!

lessthan12parsecs:cry:

#79 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Negative in Tallahassee, Fl....stopped by this morning and realized why I don't game shop at K-Mart...

They keep all the games spine out, so if you want to find a price, you have to ask someone....UGH!!!

lessthan12parsecs:cry:

Do they have price scanners for other items in the store? If they do, you can print out the upc's of the games you want and scan them that way. I think there's a guide for how to find a specific upc and print the barcode for it in the Target clearance thread op.

#80 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

thanks! gonna check mine out friday
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#81 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

This is legit. I asked Josh and he said the prices have been sent down to every store and the stores have 7 days to activate them.

Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.

#82 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Definitely YYMV, Port Charlotte, FL had Fable III and Heavy Rain $29.99, price checked at register

#83 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Damn. I was kinda hoping the ones that're all listed here were truly going to $10 or so each. That's my buy price for many of them, especially after hearing about the 'combat' in HR being mostly quick time events(timed button pressing crap).

Posted Image

#84 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

The Pontiac, IL Kmart had DJ Hero 1 bundles for $15 (with clearance stickers). They also had some of the Guitar Hero bundles, also clearanced at $15. That shitty Tony Hawk game bundle was $15, too.

They had a full RB2 bundle set clearanced...I'm thinking $50? Something around there. They also had DDR Ultramix 4 (Xbox) bundle for $15. :lol:

I didn't even think to go through the bins, as they've been filled with the same $20 games for months now. I really want Vanquish...especially at $10. They also have Rock Band 3 that I still need; $10 or less on that would be perfect.

#85 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Wow, I can;t wait for this to go active for real. My location has like 10+ copies of all these games right now. I hope the newest Medal of Honor goes down, they have like 30 copies of it at 19.99

#86 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

I saw the clearance section but no games there that were note worthy. In fact, they had a bunch of old bundles that were stickered but not priced competitively. Most of the games mentioned in the OP were still behind the glass case and it looks like it's YMMV for now so i will wait and watch.
Posted Image

#87 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

ahhh there should be a YMMV in the topic, I was about to buy 3-4 of those games.

#88 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Can we get a price adjustment if we buy them now? :bouncy:

#89 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

Just got back from the Cookietown K-Mart. I asked the guy to scan DJ Hero and Fable III (they were the only ones mentioned here that weren't in the case) and they both rang up normal price. I told him about the clearance and how it worked, though, and said I'd come back later this week.

#90 Very Unclever

Very Unclever

Pine cone liquor, for chuggin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I scanned a few titles in the first post just now at my local store and they were regular price. I'm going to wait for Josh to post the actual list before I get too excited.