Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#151 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

wait 8 pages and has more than one or maybe two members found these prices?
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#152 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Nope

#153 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

My local ad says 30-50% off clearance items. Had them ring up 5 games. All came up full price. Asked if they took off anymore since it was 30-50% off clearance this week.

Said nope. Price is the price. 3 of the 5 games I checked were "clearanced" to what is now the MSRP. On the way out I saw a manager tag so just asked if what he said was true as some employees dont always know everything.

She said all their clearanced games are already between 30-50% off so why would they mark them down any further.

I remember why I dont like going to kmart anymore.

#154 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Swing and a miss, and an unpleasant experience to track someone down, open the case and check a price. Yeah...don't think I'll go back.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#155 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

lol, that's hard to believe. If that happened to me I would make the person feel uncomfortable by hitting on her or something, lol.

Yeah. The worst part is that it was part of "K-Mart's Safety Week" and not just random solicitors in a parking lot. I don't know why K-Mart thought it would be a good idea to have people harassing their customers.

Oh well- I guess I don't have to worry about it since I don't plan on going back there.
19291.png

#156 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

All those items mentioned in the OP were still regular price at my store. I thought it was mentioned that Kmart clearance prices should eventually be reflected at all stores, after they get around to scanning that price drop sheet.

#157 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

I think I'll wait until monday to check.

#158 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

All those items mentioned in the OP were still regular price at my store. I thought it was mentioned that Kmart clearance prices should eventually be reflected at all stores, after they get around to scanning that price drop sheet.

Not sure how they do the price drops, but they were still changing tags at my store. The games that had dropped in price were already ringing up at the lower price even with the old tag. Found a copy of Resonance of Fate marked $19.99 but rang up $14.99, so I'm guessing the prices I scanned yesterday are going to be the latest drops.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#159 joshxx

joshxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Found nothing at my store in Laredo Tx, the only one we have here, the only one was Bioshock 2 but i already have that one, all the other games were regular price(19.99-29.99).

#160 shredsofsanity

shredsofsanity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

I'll check at my store either tomorrow or Saturday. How is this thread still running?

#161 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

I dont know if this has been said or you might want to add this, but I managed to snag a copy of "the third birthday" for the psp for $9.99, also Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was on priced at $14.99 if anyone is interested, if you can't find them at your store I can pick one up for you but it will probably cost you about $4 plus for shipping, gas and tax.

#162 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

I went to Kmart and Vanquish was $19.99. I even asked them to scan it. No dice. Oh well.

#163 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

Kmart clearance... <insert> Ackbar trap joke </insert>

#164 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

first visit to K-Mart in almost five years and Heavy Rain rang up for $29.99...

not bothering with that again

#165 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

This thread needs to be moved and put on ice until further conformation on these drops from Josh

#166 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

I could be wrong but I think what's going on is that these games are part of their value games line. If anyone remembers a couple years ago people were finding brand new PSP games (NBA 2k10, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo) priced at $9.99 BUT it was only the ones bearing the $9.99 "Great Games Great Prices" red value games label with a UPC sticker over the original UPC.

The reason I say this is because that would explain why we haven't seen an official word on a clearance sale from Josh and why some people are finding these games and others aren't. I too was able to find 3rd Birthday along with a few other "Great Games Great Prices" stickered games that I know I didn't see last time I was at Kmart. Also, this would explain why the prices being quoted as being found by people are ending in $x.99 and not $x.97 as the usual KMart clearance prices go.

#167 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

I could be wrong but I think what's going on is that these games are part of their value games line. If anyone remembers a couple years ago people were finding brand new PSP games (NBA 2k10, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo) priced at $9.99 BUT it was only the ones bearing the $9.99 "Great Games Great Prices" red value games label with a UPC sticker over the original UPC.

The reason I say this is because that would explain why we haven't seen an official word on a clearance sale from Josh and why some people are finding these games and others aren't. I too was able to find 3rd Birthday along with a few other "Great Games Great Prices" stickered games that I know I didn't see last time I was at Kmart. Also, this would explain why the prices being quoted as being found by people are ending in $x.99 and not $x.97 as the usual KMart clearance prices go.

I was thinking the same thing. When I went today, I noticed some games with that red sticker that had not been there yesterday. The games with the red sticker were $9.99 I believe. I don't even remember what game it was that had a sticker on it though (must have been shovelware since I don't remember)

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#168 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

This thread needs to be moved and put on ice until further conformation on these drops from Josh

i agree. josh told me the prices here dont seem right with the markdowns that he has.

#169 driverhasabomb

driverhasabomb

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

Can we edit the thread title until Josh chimes in? These deals are clearly not working.

#170 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

On top of that, K-Mart is supposedly sponsoring a "safety week" so they had a girl follow me all the way to my car, unsolicited and after mentioning that I was in a hurry, to sell me Geico insurance and get me to repair my windshield. I have a tiny nick on the side of my windshield from rock damage that I've never even noticed. Ugh. The whole experience was just awkward and I doubt I'll be going back to K-Mart, regardless of the deals.

That's either extremely coincidental or an incredible scam to get you to buy specific car insurance. :lol:

#171 BABETOOTH

BABETOOTH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

I did, at same store op mentioned...
Posted Image

Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large numbers!!!

#172 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Can we edit the thread title until Josh chimes in? These deals are clearly not working.

He DID chime in but apparently no one can read.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#173 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

For anyone wondering, he did state that there was a new drop, but that some of the titles that were being listed were probably not supposed to be included/dropped; he said that he would post the new list in the main K-Mart thread, but nothing, as of yet...

#174 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

This is what was listed on my receipt for reference. Maybe SHC can say something about the A showing up after each game.

01008668032 BAYONETTA A 9.99 T
01008668045 VANQUISH 360 A 9.99 T
01463315888 DEAD SPACE 2 A 9.99 T
71171981642 PS3 HVY RAIN A 9.99 T

#175 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

This is what was listed on my receipt for reference. Maybe SHC can say something about the A showing up after each game.

Hey any more heavy rain copys there ? I'm a quick train ride from that kmart
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#176 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

Went to my local kmart here in Redlands CA and looked at every single fucking ps3 and 360 game. Cheapest ones were $14.99(rb country track pack 2, gh metallica, etc) but none were what the op said. Actually, cheapest game was Dark Void for $7.99. That game would be worth it if I hadn't already picked it up.....what a waste. Ah wells

#177 doreo503

doreo503

Bearsona...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

Made a trip to the Paramus New Jersey store, and the clearance prices were a no go. All the titles mentioned were on the $19.99 or less clearance table but they were still priced regularly. I was extremely disappointed when I went to scan Shadows of the Dammed and it came up for $40, yet it was placed on the table. Heavy Rain was priced at $30 yet on the table, and Vanquish was $20. Lots of titles to choose from at the store but not very good prices. For people that check it out, there is a clearance section in the front of the store as well as in the electronics section.

Edited by doreo503, 21 October 2011 - 06:02 AM.
stupid phone

#178 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Is Dead Space 2 the box set or the regular case that says limited edition?

#179 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

first visit to K-Mart in almost five years and Heavy Rain rang up for $29.99...

not bothering with that again

Was that the Move edition?

#180 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.

Awwww, I was hoping to get Heavy Rain for a good price finally.