Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#181 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

man I remember I had a great run with K-Mart back in 06 or 07 I believe.. was getting 360 games for $5 and $7.. X-men the movie, some superbike game, phantasy star, cabelas.. anyone else remember that run they had?

#182 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

I dont know if this has been said or you might want to add this, but I managed to snag a copy of "the third birthday" for the psp for $9.99, also Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was on priced at $14.99 if anyone is interested, if you can't find them at your store I can pick one up for you but it will probably cost you about $4 plus for shipping, gas and tax.

Well my store sucks [damn Joliet]I know that much from going there multiple times. I'm assuming your able to get both [Soul Calibur/3rd Birthday]if you are I maybe interested just have to wait till I can make sure the PSP coming in today works properly.

#183 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

man I remember I had a great run with K-Mart back in 06 or 07 I believe.. was getting 360 games for $5 and $7.. X-men the movie, some superbike game, phantasy star, cabelas.. anyone else remember that run they had?

Yeah. I remember those long gone days.:cry: Back then it was typical to walk in with $20-30 and walk out with 5-8 games for that amount of money.:) Now you need to be on the 'coupon train' to get any substantial discount on anything gaming related there and usually the only way onto that train is by paying MSRP in CASH for a title to get things rolling. But isn't the whole point of CAG to get games at cheap prices? To me it is.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#184 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

yea, it's sad to see the clearance games not dropping to 4.97 mark, even 2.97 sometimes anymore. it was a goldmine for me. i'd pick up at least 10-15 "good" titles for the year for under 60-70 bucks. plus the kmart used to be just down the street. ever since that one closed down, clearance hasn't been the same.

#185 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

The problem is that too many people are chasing clearance items (not just games), and stores (not specifically K-mart) figured out they just need to say "clearance" without any substantial discount to get morons to buy stuff in droves. I've seen stuff marked "clearance" that was higher than their sale price from a few weeks ago, and people were still buying the stuff! Idiots.

#186 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

Been to 2 kmarts, Deep Space 2 LE rings ups at 29.99. Is the 9.99 clearance really really YMMV or they not updating their system?

edit: nvm, only 19.99 red tagged and updated with clearance, YMMV

Edited by nixmahn, 21 October 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#187 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

That's like Target around here. People snap up stuff at 15% off without waiting for possible future percentage drops. It's very frustrating if you're trying to grab X or Y game and there's nothing left to grab after a week.

Posted Image

#188 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

All you need to do is download the move support patch. It's not like resident evil where you have to have a certain version

Was that the Move edition?

#189 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

The problem is that too many people are chasing clearance items (not just games), and stores (not specifically K-mart) figured out they just need to say "clearance" without any substantial discount to get morons to buy stuff in droves. I've seen stuff marked "clearance" that was higher than their sale price from a few weeks ago, and people were still buying the stuff! Idiots.

have you ever seen Wal-Mart clearance? Alot of stuff they simply round it down to the nearest dollar, literally taking off only $0.97 and calling it clearance!

#190 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Aren't they all?

Mind's at a T in the road by two fairly heavily traffic-ed highways. There's a few businesses around and then some redneck looking houses.

It's also usually desolate outside of when tour buses that use the parking lot for trips to Atlantic City/New York and, of course, when the NASCAR trucks driveby once a year on a Sunday afternoon/night. People set up lawnchairs just to cheer them.
Posted Image

#191 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

That K-Mart is within walking distance from me and it's one of the worst stores I've ever been to (not to mention the area also). The employees usually have no clue what you're inquiring about...that is, if you're lucky to even find an employee

#192 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

have you ever seen Wal-Mart clearance? Alot of stuff they simply round it down to the nearest dollar, literally taking off only $0.97 and calling it clearance!

heck yea. walmart's clearance is the worst. it's not even worth calling clearance. it also never goes below the 10cents that's marked off of it. but still the walmartards eat that shit up.

#193 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

All you need to do is download the move support patch. It's not like resident evil where you have to have a certain version

I don't think he was concerned about whether or not Heavy Rain worked with Move, but was inquiring if perhaps the packaging mattered for the clearance pricing. I was wondering the same thing myself, since the only Heavy Rain I saw at K-mart was the Move version... and it rang up $29.99. Perhaps they're all in the Move packaging, but I haven't shopped for this game before and thought maybe there was a non-Move branded Heavy Rain which would qualify for the clearance pricing (and perhaps that's what I should be searching for).

#194 flyinfast

flyinfast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

My Kmart in Salt lake city, Utah was bone dry, no clearance games below the $19.99 mark, slim pickings even then. They aren't terrible, I have found some great deals there, just not since about 2008

#195 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

I have to try the one in Manhattan.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#196 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

That's like Target around here. People snap up stuff at 15% off without waiting for possible future percentage drops. It's very frustrating if you're trying to grab X or Y game and there's nothing left to grab after a week.

The worst is when they keep the clearance games on the shelves along with the normal priced stuff. I've two local targets that do that and I've had zero luck getting anything at the 50% off mark. The lowest it will hit before disappearing is 30% off and like you pointed out, it's usually gone long before that.
But there's a third Target that still puts clearance games on an endcap a few rows away from the game section. I hit pay dirt all the time at that one.

So let's hope not every Target figures out that it's best for them to not separate the clearance games from the rest of the inventory.

#197 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

I assume that even though they're still in those plastic prison cases in the normal section they're actually marked with clearance stickers, right? That's why the Kmarts here were so good before, since the employees in electronics couldn't be bothered to pull out the clearance titles and mark them correctly. So they'd sit there with MSRP price stickers on them till they reach 90% off.:lol:;)

Posted Image

#198 shredsofsanity

shredsofsanity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Nothing at the Fort Myers and Bonita Springs stores at the moment.

#199 ebojo

ebojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

My K-Mart in Auburn, AL is the worst. They have so many games in stock that they have to stack them 2 deep in the cases (long ways), so you can only see the side panel of the front one. They have also taken over half of the dvd section, which is also behind glass, with games. However, they have NO clearance games, even ones that were launch titles, many years ago.
Posted Image

#200 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

I don't think he was concerned about whether or not Heavy Rain worked with Move, but was inquiring if perhaps the packaging mattered for the clearance pricing. I was wondering the same thing myself, since the only Heavy Rain I saw at K-mart was the Move version... and it rang up $29.99. Perhaps they're all in the Move packaging, but I haven't shopped for this game before and thought maybe there was a non-Move branded Heavy Rain which would qualify for the clearance pricing (and perhaps that's what I should be searching for).

Fair enough. Then yes, there are two different labels for that title

#201 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

This is nuts! How is this thread still active? Not one person has been able to replicate this deal. I have been to 3 different Kmarts and not one sale. If Josh is going to announce the clearance in his thread then this one should be dissolved until then. It's a waste of time and gives false hope.

/rant

Oh yeah and I scanned a clear case Heavy Rain - $29.99

#202 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

This is nuts! How is this thread still active? Not one person has been able to replicate this deal. I have been to 3 different Kmarts and not one sale. If Josh is going to announce the clearance in his thread then this one should be dissolved until then. It's a waste of time and gives false hope.

/rant

Yeah, not to mention that fact that in 11 pages 1 guy got these prices and (according to hearsay) Josh told a CAG that these prices didn't match his markdowns.

#203 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Is Dead Space 2 the box set or the regular case that says limited edition?

the copy i saw was just the game. i would have picked it up if it had the box/extras.

/rant

i think 4 people post the deal is live just at that store in the thread title.

Yeah, not to mention that fact that in 11 pages 1 guy got these prices and (according to hearsay) Josh told a CAG that these prices didn't match his markdowns.

read above.

being it looks like this is a one store deal i might have to take a deeper run and that bucket of $9.99 games.

#204 Bruce LeeRoy

Bruce LeeRoy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

This is legit. I asked Josh and he said the prices have been sent down to every store and the stores have 7 days to activate them.

Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.

From a few pages back.

#205 PANZERGRENADIER

PANZERGRENADIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Picked up a bunch of games that were marked $20 for $15 at my local kmart. The only one was on OPs list was Guitar Hero Metallica. Others were Guitar Hero Smash hits 360, Sin and Punishment wii, Metro 2033 360, Singularity 360, and Advance Wars Days of Ruin DS.

#206 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

i think 4 people post the deal is live just at that store in the thread title.

Then this needs to be moved to the regional deals section...

What if I and everyone else posted all the random sales we noticed at our local stores then this section would be nuts

#207 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Ill prob check my nearest store

#208 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

What if I and everyone else posted all the random sales we noticed at our local stores then this section would be nuts

If it were a mom & pop shop, I would never have posted it in the main deals thread. It's a national chain. I posted the deal, and people are reporting that they're not finding it at their stores. That's how we determined that it's not nation-wide, but this is no random sale at a local store. This is exactly the sort of situation that the YMMV tag was created for. I have no objections to this thread being moved to the regional board in light of people's troubles, but I'm not sure I can do that myself.

#209 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

then pm a mod if its stopping your world from spinning. the op posted it thinking it was a store wide deal whats the problem. first thing i did was tell my friends i'll say thanks to the op for posting first as soon as he got the deal. it didnt help me but sounds like it helped a couple other locals get a deal on some good games isnt that what the sites about?

#210 buddynayr

buddynayr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

What's the deal with this? I'm in Northern NJ, went to my Kmart, no clearance prices on any of these games. I read that they'll all be labeled within the week. Is this true?