Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#211 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

I only clicked on this thread because it said Heavy Rain. The OP said Heavy Rain so I ran to the store. But then the game rang up in store at $29.99. And Josh said Heavy Rain was not on the clearance list. So I check the official list he links to. Now I get Sid Meier's Pirates at K-Mart for less than the clearance price on that list. Back to the beginning full circle, and not sure what to believe... Except, waiting for someone else to get Heavy Rain for $9.99. THE END.

#212 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

I only clicked on this thread because it said Heavy Rain. The OP said Heavy Rain so I ran to the store. But then the game rang up in store at $29.99. And Josh said Heavy Rain was not on the clearance list. So I check the official list he links to. Now I get Sid Meier's Pirates at K-Mart for less than the clearance price on that list. Back to the beginning full circle, and not sure what to believe... Except, waiting for someone else to get Heavy Rain for $9.99. THE END.

it also said " (Only BxNY for now?)"

#213 BABETOOTH

BABETOOTH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

I can only confirm the one store the op mentioned so maybe it is only that store ? The store in Bruckner Plaza had some games cleareanced but I didn't see any of the main games people were interested in like Heavy Rain and Dead Space 2 etc. They did have Yakuza 3 $15 and Toy Story 3 $15. This thread may need to move to regional forum, extremely ymmv in my opinion.
Posted Image

Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large numbers!!!

#214 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Checked K- Mart here in Harrisonburg, VA. All games scanned up as marked, except Darksiders which was $14.99 and not $19.99.

#215 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

Kmart in south burbs of Chicago are priced as marked. I scanned a bunch, no 9.99 here.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#216 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

y are folks so sour about this thread? when it first popped up I remember reading YMMV which means that not everywhere will have it, is it so surprising that your kmart doesnt have these prices? the only reason why i managed to get 3rd Birthday for 9.99 was because I was buying it along with Batman AC, so if you really have no reason to shop at walmart other than picking up the games the op mentioned then you're better off saving ur gas money, and waiting for black friday to come around.

Edit: Soul Calibur Broken Destiny for the PSP is rung up twice for me at $14.99, while 3rd Birthday rang up $19.99 the second time around, the first time i bought it, it rang up $9.99 because it had the "great games at great prices$ 9.99 sticker" on it so if you are going to kmart for watever reason, don't expect those $9.99 games unless it is clearly marked $9.99

Edited by exaznkid, 23 October 2011 - 02:00 AM.

#217 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Today I went in and saw one of the employees going to each game and putting a new LOWER price tag on almost every game. Although I didn't see any games from the first post, I did see:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days $14.99
No More Heroes 2 $12.99
Singularity $14.99
Dark Void $7.99

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#218 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

then pm a mod if its stopping your world from spinning. the op posted it thinking it was a store wide deal whats the problem. first thing i did was tell my friends i'll say thanks to the op for posting first as soon as he got the deal. it didnt help me but sounds like it helped a couple other locals get a deal on some good games isnt that what the sites about?

yep, that is what the site's about. glad someone recognizes that. :)

#219 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

I went into the OP's k-mart earlier today and saw the $9.99 sale. It said it ends 10/26 in small font. There's a bin with a bunch of X-box games, a section of Wii and DS games, and the PS3 bin. Didn't see much that stood out in the x-box bin (saw lego harry potter) but then again, I don't have an x-box. I can confirm seeing Bayonetta for PS3. I also saw a bunch of copies of FF13, Dragon Age: Origins, Singularity, Little Big Planet: GOTY, Lego Rock Band, and Brutal Legend all for PS3.

I got Metal Gear Solid 4 and Splatterhouse.

Is Splatterhouse any good? I was willing to bite since it was only 10 bucks.

#220 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

I went into the OP's k-mart earlier today and saw the $9.99 sale. It said it ends 10/26 in small font. There's a bin with a bunch of X-box games, a section of Wii and DS games, and the PS3 bin. Didn't see much that stood out in the x-box bin (saw lego harry potter) but then again, I don't have an x-box. I can confirm seeing Bayonetta for PS3. I also saw a bunch of copies of FF13, Dragon Age: Origins, Singularity, Little Big Planet: GOTY, Lego Rock Band, and Brutal Legend all for PS3.

You might want to keep it in the hrink wrap and watch some gameplay videos, I have not played splatter house myself but from what I hear the gameplay is very repetitive so if you are down for the whole ripping things apart for a few hours then the game might be for you, but if you're likely to get bored real fast then splatterhouse might just end up collecting dust on ur shelf, especially if you have other games in ur backlog.

#221 Kagath

Kagath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

Today I went in and saw one of the employees going to each game and putting a new LOWER price tag on almost every game. Although I didn't see any games from the first post, I did see:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days $14.99
No More Heroes 2 $12.99
Singularity $14.99
Dark Void $7.99

Those look like prices in my store too.

#222 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:42 AM

You might want to keep it in the hrink wrap and watch some gameplay videos, I have not played splatter house myself but from what I hear the gameplay is very repetitive so if you are down for the whole ripping things apart for a few hours then the game might be for you, but if you're likely to get bored real fast then splatterhouse might just end up collecting dust on ur shelf, especially if you have other games in ur backlog.

Luckily, I am down for ripping things apart. I started it and played for a bit to try it out. I like it so far.

#223 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

Awesome game at this price. I wouldn't recommend it for more than $25.

I thought the graphics were pretty good. Might be a bit repetitive with the combat, but pretty cool story and good music. The executions are pretty nice too.

Very graphic violence, but well worth the trip. Plus you unlock the old Splatterhouse games as well.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#224 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

Awesome game at this price. I wouldn't recommend it for more than $25.

I thought the graphics were pretty good. Might be a bit repetitive with the combat, but pretty cool story and good music. The executions are pretty nice too.

Very graphic violence, but well worth the trip. Plus you unlock the old Splatterhouse games as well.

I forgot that you could unlock the old Splatterhouse games, I guess this is a pretty solid deal

#225 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Anyone go this morning?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#226 rightously alive

rightously alive

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I picked up Resistance 2 for $10 and my local Kmart and all the other games the OP mentioned were the same. Thinking about going back for Vanquish and Medal of Honor. Id be happy to help anyone out for cost plus shipping if you really want a specific title. BTW my local Kmart is the same BX, NY location.

#227 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

it also said " (Only BxNY for now?)"

It didn't when I first clicked on it and ran out to K-mart... ;)

#228 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Wasn't Josh (kmartgamer) going to post a list ?

#229 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

It didn't when I first clicked on it and ran out to K-mart... ;)

well i know from the start of the thread it had YMMV and BxNY came very fast after that. its all good i can get mad for no reason sometimes you have that same right ;)

GT: Lonegunman718

#230 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Wasn't Josh (kmartgamer) going to post a list ?

Yup, but shockingly it got bumped to Monday with the release of the deal for MW3

#231 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

well i know from the start of the thread it had YMMV and BxNY came very fast after that. its all good i can get mad for no reason sometimes you have that same right ;)

It didn't say "only" in the title... and I'm just having fun. 8-)

(I check out K-mart clearance from time to time, but never would have thought that Heavy Rain was on clearance because it is a more recent title than what they usually clear out.)

#232 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:32 AM

Got to get a copy of heavily rain
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#233 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

Got to get a copy of heavily rain

Is that the sequel to Heavy rain? :lol:

#234 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

I guess I can;t wait for the Kmart Rep to post a list, have to go bug some employees at the store....

#235 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Found :ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Drift for $14.99 this morning. It was marked as $19.99.

#236 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Found :ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Drift for $14.99 this morning. It was marked as $19.99.

It's been 19.99 for months. I picked up my copy for that price back in febuary. Oh and its rift not drift :)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#237 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Did anyone check the Manhattan stores for these prices today?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#238 girth305

girth305

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $19.99 this morning. Was marked $49.99.
"Laugh and grow fat." -fat man

#239 superfuzz

superfuzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Went to another Kmart yesterday,so far nothing....

#240 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Did anyone check the Manhattan stores for these prices today?

I might go to the 34 street one later today. I'll let you guys know what I find
Currently playing

690739.png