9 replies to this topic

#1 Trueblade

Trueblade

Listen to my heartbeat, it's beating for you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

Eternal Sonata, PlayStation 3, $15.35, FSSS
Link here.
Available from other sellers as well here. A couple of them are fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for FSSS.

I found the deal at Slickdeals.

#2 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

It's only $11.48 for the Xbox 360-inclined as well.

sig.gif

#3 clickpow

clickpow

Zeus himself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Had to bite on that xbox 360 price. Won't play it until after skyrim but I can't pass on that price.
:cold:

#4 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

Is it worth getting the PS3 version over the 360 one?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

$11.48 for 360? I had to get it as well.

#6 Finishoff

Finishoff

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Is it worth getting the PS3 version over the 360 one?

Xbox version has achievements.

PS3 does not have trophies, but added content like 2 additional characters/added events/costumes.

#7 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

is the game fun?
Posted Image

#8 Esoteria

Esoteria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

It's a solid game, well worth the time to play through. It's slightly shorter than most other JRPGs I've played, but it's very stylish, has a unique feel, and has a pretty solid action battle system (Viola is awesome, by the way).

I played the PS3 version. I haven't looked into it, but if the "extra characters" mentioned above fall into the categories I'm thinking of, you probably won't use them anyway because they show up or become playable very late in the game. That said, I had no complaints about the PS3 version and I don't really care about trophies. In fact, I find them distracting sometimes in a story-heavy game.

In short, definitely worth $15 if you're a fan of JRPGs or even classical music.

#9 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Fun game, that has a nice premise and design to it. Its not a top tier title, but definately worth the play through if you like JRPGs. Plus how often do you get the chance to kill beasts as Chopin?

The PS3 version is the better off the two, but nothing major. It does add a few extra characters (though not significant) and outfits as others have said. It also gives the game an upgrade graphically. The game looks sharper on the PS3, and you'll see character clothing having more detail than the xbox version. They also did some tweaks to the story adding in some details to make certain elements make more sense while also adding to the overall theme. All the tweaks are pretty minor to the overall game so if you play the Xbox version you won't be left regretting not getting the PS3 or something. The Xbox achievements are also pretty easy to get so if you are into that.

#10 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

It's been at this price for about a year...