PS3 Official Wireless Headset $84.69 eBay

just my opinion, i was disappointed with it. Background noise cancelling is terrible. Its default mic level is 4, sometimes u have to keep changing it back to 5 but u have to do that on the main PS screen (not in-game). Mic not that loud (hears background noise louder than your voice even when the background noise is 20 feet away) The 7.1 digital surround sound doesn't sound THAT great. Battery life i believe is 7 hours (meh.) They don't supply a charging USB cable. I recommend getting a long one if you want to play while its charging. It looked cool on display, but when worn, it looks sooo goofy. A common complaint is that the mic is flimsy and may break off easily. The mic is at the side of your cheeks and not next to your mouth, that may be the reason the mic sounds low.

Aside from the negatives, it is pretty comfortable. Its pretty much a plug n play device. Simple.

This is the first gaming headset I've bought so I can't really compare it with anything else.

[quote name='cheapsk8ron']just my opinion, i was disappointed with it. Background noise cancelling is terrible. Its default mic level is 4, sometimes u have to keep changing it back to 5 but u have to do that on the main PS screen (not in-game). Mic not that loud (hears background noise louder than your voice even when the background noise is 20 feet away) The 7.1 digital surround sound doesn't sound THAT great. Battery life i believe is 7 hours (meh.) They don't supply a charging USB cable. I recommend getting a long one if you want to play while its charging. It looked cool on display, but when worn, it looks sooo goofy. A common complaint is that the mic is flimsy and may break off easily. The mic is at the side of your cheeks and not next to your mouth, that may be the reason the mic sounds low.

Aside from the negatives, it is pretty comfortable. Its pretty much a plug n play device. Simple.

This is the first gaming headset I've bought so I can't really compare it with anything else.[/QUOTE]

Nice reading this a minute after my purchase! haha, well I'm glad you did a review on it so I know what to expect. But for $65 i couldnt pass it up. Last headset i bought for the pc was over $150 back in my cs days! And i mainly bought it so i can use it for bf3 which comes out next week, hopefully the headset arrives day of so I can test this thing out.

[quote name='cheapsk8ron']Mic not that loud (hears background noise louder than your voice even when the background noise is 20 feet away)[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem with background noise with my official Sony bluetooth headset. Disappointing, was hoping this would have a better mic.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Nice reading this a minute after my purchase! haha, well I'm glad you did a review on it so I know what to expect. But for $65 i couldnt pass it up. Last headset i bought for the pc was over $150 back in my cs days! And i mainly bought it so i can use it for bf3 which comes out next week, hopefully the headset arrives day of so I can test this thing out.[/QUOTE]

you mean $85 lol. I just really hated the mic. The sound is decent though on surround sound. Stereo sound just blows so I don't know why anyone would switch to that.

Again, maybe it is better than Turtlebeach. I've never used it. but its definitely cheaper. I don't think I've seen a wireless gaming headset for under $100. and I got wireless because if the cord breaks, the whole thing breaks lol. so i'm not risking it. (note: I got dogs that like to chew on things like cords.) but then again, if u lose the USB dongle for the wireless, its the same thing.

I bought it when it $80 also in anticipation for mw3, converting to bf3 as well lol . The sound may also be a factor of the game's in-game audio system. because when i tried playing mw2, the surround sound sounded worse than black ops. Another note about the surround sound is that, you don't really get a sense of sound direction at times in-game. But it might just be the game I'm playing.

Well hope you get yours, I bought one off Ebay the other day and today I get a message it was undeliverable as addressed, returning to sender. So Now I have to deal with a seller who has yet to get back to me after emailing early this afternoon still nothing I'm not hopeful.

[quote name='cheapsk8ron']you mean $85 lol. I just really hated the mic. The sound is decent though on surround sound. Stereo sound just blows so I don't know why anyone would switch to that.

[/QUOTE]

Got $20 in ebay bucks for doing free trial of Netflix :) so $65 is what i meant. I'm not too crazy about the whole 7.1 surround cause I have a great HTS but this is just for when the family is asleep so I can game without disturbing them.

[quote name='tightclaws']Well hope you get yours, I bought one off Ebay the other day and today I get a message it was undeliverable as addressed, returning to sender. So Now I have to deal with a seller who has yet to get back to me after emailing early this afternoon still nothing I'm not hopeful.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks to hear hope everything works out okay, but i made sure and checked out the seller is a top rated seller on fleabay with recent sales being smooth so well see by tuesday...*crosses fingers*

For the price and sound quality you really can't go wrong(I paid full price). I'd say the headset is a must for anyone still listening to game audio from their TV. The jump in quality has been game changing for me.

The only game I've played with them that can make really good use of the 7.1 is Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Works exactly like it should...awesomely. I know where bullets are hitting around me and I know when someone is creeping up on me.

I got mine today and I love them I paid $70 shipped plus I had 3.65 in ebay bucks so I got the them for 66.35 shipped great deal. Seller put wrong address on package but I called post and they delivered anyway.

bread's done
Back