LA Noire: The Complete Edition Coming to PS3 and 360 November 15th for $49.99

JP73

CAGiversary!
:applause:

The Complete Edition will include all the DLC: the Nicholson Electroplating Arson case, Reefer Madness Vice case, The Consul’s Car Traffic case, The Naked City Vice case , A Slip of the Tongue Traffic case, The Badge Pursuit Challenge and all guns and suits( DLC ones, you still have to unlock many)

Great news. This was one of my favorite games of the last few years. I'm Glad I held off on getting the DLC. I suppose no GOTY Edition, but this is the same thing. Totally worth, in my opinion.

NOTE: PC Version will come out a week before the console versions

Wow they learned from milkcom fast didn't they lol. Good game though with lost of potential for lost of improvement. My question is will there be an extra disk or two for the 360 as it already has 3 ?

Thanks for posting OP, even though I already knew about it. Be warned that there are people who will come in here and say "this isn't a deal!", posting a game at MSRP! Really this is good to know though, because those considering buying LA Noire should keep in mind that this will be coming out.

Watched my gf play this and thought it was boring as all hell. I'd wait till this drops to 20-30 if you're undecided.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow they learned from milkcom fast didn't they lol. Good game though with lost of potential for lost of improvement. My question is will there be an extra disk or two for the 360 as it already has 3 ?[/QUOTE]

5 discs FTW!

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Watched my gf play this and thought it was boring as all hell. I'd wait till this drops to 20-30 if you're undecided.[/QUOTE]

I've played this game. Your impressions are right on. Overrated, imo.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Watched my gf play this and thought it was boring as all hell. I'd wait till this drops to 20-30 if you're undecided.[/QUOTE]

It sure was :( I bought and stopped playing after a few hours of dull dullness made my head hurt. I don't see what everyone like about it.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Thanks for posting OP, even though I already knew about it. Be warned that there are people who will come in here and say "this isn't a deal!", posting a game at MSRP! Really this is good to know though, because those considering buying LA Noire should keep in mind that this will be coming out.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus I saw a similar thread when the RDR: GOTY Edition was announced, and no one seemed to take issue.

I'm really surprised that they're actually calling this the "Complete" Edition instead of something more generic like "Ultimate" or whatever. Seems like it plays right into the perception that the initial release was a ripoff.

Already put this game to bed so the only thing I'm concerned about is whether the Consul's Car case will be offered separately on XBLM, and if they are going to add new achievements for it.

[quote name='perfectsil']how about the 2 full desks they cut from the game? I thought these will be DLCs[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? First I'm hearing of this. They cut two full desks from the game? Details!

[quote name='JP73']Wait, what? First I'm hearing of this. They cut two full desks from the game? Details![/QUOTE]

They didn't say it up front but it was because the 360 disk format would have required them to have more than 3 disks. They just said neither version could fit it all to not make anyone look bad. Of course when the ps3 version still has one disk when this is released they will look like fools

Man, couldn't they make it available through DLC or something. I would have loved an additional two desks.

[quote name='JP73']Wait, what? First I'm hearing of this. They cut two full desks from the game? Details![/QUOTE]

they gave reasons like so players can focus on the story, but I knew the real reason is they can sell them as DLCs later.

I believe the desks are called Burglary, and Fraud

So why should I get the Complete Edition for $50 instead of getting it used from Gamefly for $20 and then buying the Rockstar pass for $12?

I already own this because I was able to pick up L.A. Noire for $10 at launch, and I bought the discounted DLC pass. Definitely worth it. My girlfriend and I are still playing through this game right now. It'll drop lower over time, but if you haven't played it yet you should do it now. I'm positive you could get a used copy for around $20 from GameFly.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']So why should I get the Complete Edition for $50 instead of getting it used from Gamefly for $20 and then buying the Rockstar pass for $12?[/QUOTE]

Everyone who is Considering buying this should read this post 10 times over

[quote name='mmgreenmms']So why should I get the Complete Edition for $50 instead of getting it used from Gamefly for $20 and then buying the Rockstar pass for $12?[/QUOTE]

$32 > $54 any day, lol.

Just my two cents, but this game is incredible. In fact I would have to put it in my top 5 of all time. I could see it not being for some, due to not shooting people all the time, but there is action and plenty of detective work to do. I have purchased all the DLC and have every achievement in the game.

The burglary and fraud desks were written during the planning stages of the game's development, but never actually implemented. They weren't "cut" and they're not sitting out there waiting to be released as DLC. I think it's much more likely that they were dropped for story and pacing reasons-- the game is already very episodic and draggy in places, the last thing they needed to do was draw it out even longer.

It was in an interview with 1Up right before the game came out. They had to cut the fraud (which took place after traffic) and burglary (which took place before homicide) desks out of the game so they could fit it on 1 Blu-Ray and keep it at just 3 disks on 360.

If you listen carefully when you have your first day in homicide, the Irish captain says you were promoted from burglary, not traffic.

This was one of my favorite games of the year. The graphic and audio design on the game are top notch creating a wonderful environment for the game. It was a nice change of pace from shooters, but I tend to like slower games like RPG's.

We'll probably never get those extra desks as Bondi has gone belly up.

Same here[quote name='benjamouth']Already bought the discounted DLC pass thing, just waiting for the vanilla edition to drop to

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just my two cents, but this game is incredible. In fact I would have to put it in my top 5 of all time. I could see it not being for some, due to not shooting people all the time, but there is action and plenty of detective work to do. I have purchased all the DLC and have every achievement in the game.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with you man. I like titles that are very original. I do love my shooters, and sports games. But sometimes, you need that different game to break away from the norm.

So wait? There hasn't been any word yet on a disc version of the DLC by itself. Like Episodes of Liberty City and Undead Nightmare?

I have LA Noire in my backlog from the Kmart deal when it was first released.
I would prefer buying the DLC separately rather than buying the collection, unless I can just pass the DLC disc along to my brother.

I mean, I could give him the main game and we could just share the DLC disc or install it like how Borderlands and Fallout 3 worked.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']so why should i get the complete edition for $50 instead of getting it used from gamefly for $20 and then buying the rockstar pass for $12?[/quote]

+1

This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.

You guys think the 360 version will have a dlc voucher ? I can't imagine the 360 version having more than 3 (unless they go the lost odyssey route and put the rest of the data on a fourth disk)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The burglary and fraud desks were written during the planning stages of the game's development, but never actually implemented. They weren't "cut" and they're not sitting out there waiting to be released as DLC. I think it's much more likely that they were dropped for story and pacing reasons-- the game is already very episodic and draggy in places, the last thing they needed to do was draw it out even longer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was one of only games in recent memory I thought that would have been alot better if they cut 5 hours out of it...I would recommend that folks seek a deal on the original version and just buy the DLC if they really, really dig the game

I've been waiting for this to hit PC, so this is cool with me. Probably won't pick it up right away though, I have such a backlog I might as well wait for the inevitable Steam sale.

So why should I get the Complete Edition for $50 instead of getting it used from Gamefly for $20 and then buying the Rockstar pass for $12?

No one is saying you should. But many people only buy new and a lot also prefer to have everything on one copy, rather than buying DLC.

[quote name='K_G']Yeah, this was one of only games in recent memory I thought that would have been alot better if they cut 5 hours out of it...I would recommend that folks seek a deal on the original version and just buy the DLC if they really, really dig the game[/QUOTE]

I love the game and would buy any DLC cases they release, but with Team Bondi's situation unless these are already made, we won't see any more.

Here's the difference between this and what Capcom has been doing with their re-releases:

$20

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']$32 > $54 any day, lol.[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, you're doing math in the real world.

I liked this game a lot and a couple of the DLC cases (particularly Slip of the Tongue) helped to make the "twist" of the game not seem so pulled out of the arse. I guess it'd be better to play all of them interspersed within the story rather than tacked on at the end as DLC.

However, since you can play the DLC as part of the storyline anyway, it seems like most would be better off getting a vanilla copy and buying the R* Pass. Though I guess if you're a 360 player this is the only way you'll get The Consul's Car.

Because then rockstar only puts in one finger instead of the the whole arm.

Thanks OP, looks like I will be picking up the complete collection once it hits $20 or so, just like the Read Dead Collection.

[quote name='Coltin']This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.[/QUOTE]

Why are you mad? You said you were happy to spend $60, what about this makes you mad now? Things always drop in price as demand drops off, or better packages are offered to try and gain more buyers. You paid $60 for the opportunity to play the game at release, there is no reason to be mad now.

Can't you buy the Rockstar pass everyone is mentioning?

If the extra content is on another disc or something for the 360 version, I will buy it. I have vanilla LA Noire and all DLC thanks to the discounted R* pass, but I will buy a version with formerly digital-only content any day. I will of course wait for several price drops though.

If it is just DLC vouchers, then fuck that noise. Won't ever consider it. It's already been pointed out ITT that there are much cheaper routes to take than buying this new.

bread's done
Back