LA Noire: The Complete Edition Coming to PS3 and 360 November 15th for $49.99

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

So wait? There hasn't been any word yet on a disc version of the DLC by itself. Like Episodes of Liberty City and Undead Nightmare?

I have LA Noire in my backlog from the Kmart deal when it was first released.
I would prefer buying the DLC separately rather than buying the collection, unless I can just pass the DLC disc along to my brother.

I mean, I could give him the main game and we could just share the DLC disc or install it like how Borderlands and Fallout 3 worked.

#32 Odinsfury

Odinsfury

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

so why should i get the complete edition for $50 instead of getting it used from gamefly for $20 and then buying the rockstar pass for $12?

+1

#33 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.

#34 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

You guys think the 360 version will have a dlc voucher ? I can't imagine the 360 version having more than 3 (unless they go the lost odyssey route and put the rest of the data on a fourth disk)
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#35 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

The burglary and fraud desks were written during the planning stages of the game's development, but never actually implemented. They weren't "cut" and they're not sitting out there waiting to be released as DLC. I think it's much more likely that they were dropped for story and pacing reasons-- the game is already very episodic and draggy in places, the last thing they needed to do was draw it out even longer.

Yeah, this was one of only games in recent memory I thought that would have been alot better if they cut 5 hours out of it...I would recommend that folks seek a deal on the original version and just buy the DLC if they really, really dig the game

#36 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

Just the version I was waiting for.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#37 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

I've been waiting for this to hit PC, so this is cool with me. Probably won't pick it up right away though, I have such a backlog I might as well wait for the inevitable Steam sale.

#38 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

So why should I get the Complete Edition for $50 instead of getting it used from Gamefly for $20 and then buying the Rockstar pass for $12?

No one is saying you should. But many people only buy new and a lot also prefer to have everything on one copy, rather than buying DLC.

#39 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, this was one of only games in recent memory I thought that would have been alot better if they cut 5 hours out of it...I would recommend that folks seek a deal on the original version and just buy the DLC if they really, really dig the game

I love the game and would buy any DLC cases they release, but with Team Bondi's situation unless these are already made, we won't see any more.

#40 JK-C

JK-C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

Here's the difference between this and what Capcom has been doing with their re-releases:

$20

#41 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Can't wait until this drops to $20.00

Here's hoping Deus EX will be release with all the DLC also.

#42 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

My man^

Waiting for $20 as well. And buy it along with RDR:GOTY

#43 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

$32 > $54 any day, lol.

Unless, of course, you're doing math in the real world.

I liked this game a lot and a couple of the DLC cases (particularly Slip of the Tongue[i]) helped to make the "twist" of the game not seem so pulled out of the arse. I guess it'd be better to play all of them interspersed within the story rather than tacked on at the end as DLC.

However, since you can play the DLC as part of the storyline anyway, it seems like most would be better off getting a vanilla copy and buying the R* Pass. Though I guess if you're a 360 player this is the only way you'll get [i]The Consul's Car
Posted Image

#44 Raiborg

Raiborg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

So why should I get the Complete Edition for $50 instead of getting it used from Gamefly for $20 and then buying the Rockstar pass for $12?

Because then rockstar only puts in one finger instead of the the whole arm.

#45 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thanks OP, looks like I will be picking up the complete collection once it hits $20 or so, just like the Read Dead Collection.

This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.

Why are you mad? You said you were happy to spend $60, what about this makes you mad now? Things always drop in price as demand drops off, or better packages are offered to try and gain more buyers. You paid $60 for the opportunity to play the game at release, there is no reason to be mad now.

Can't you buy the Rockstar pass everyone is mentioning?

#46 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

They cut burglary and fraud? Anyone else find that hilarious?

#47 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

This seems a bit unnecessary considering the dlc is so cheap on psn

#48 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

If the extra content is on another disc or something for the 360 version, I will buy it. I have vanilla LA Noire and all DLC thanks to the discounted R* pass, but I will buy a version with formerly digital-only content any day. I will of course wait for several price drops though.

If it is just DLC vouchers, then Fuck that noise. Won't ever consider it. It's already been pointed out ITT that there are much cheaper routes to take than buying this new.

#49 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

Count me in the group wondering if it will be on-disc content or vouchers.
End of line.

#50 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

I think it may be a code. The PC version appears to provide the DLC through a code

#51 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

For those who are complaining about being ripped off, this is only $20 less than MSRP at launch. And if I remember correctly, Amazon ended up giving a total of $20 promotional credit anyway.

Judge the game for what it delivers and stop worrying about what was "cut" or whether a new version is released. It's clear that a game like MvC3 was far too barebones and can be criticized as such, but I felt there was more than enough content in LA Noire. I really liked the game but two extra desks would have burned me out.

Edited by Antipodes, 20 October 2011 - 10:02 PM.

#52 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Charizard is not happy

#53 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Because then rockstar only puts in one finger instead of the the whole arm.

Nice! :lol:

#54 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

sure are a lot of double dipping game companies out there right now. They are taking cues from the movie industry I guess

SteamWidget.PNG

#55 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

Watched my gf play this and thought it was boring as all hell. I'd wait till this drops to 20-30 if you're undecided.

I've played this game. Your impressions are right on. Overrated, imo.

>Game obviously wasn't what I was expected nor had a chance of interesting me with it's unique gameplay design, it's obviously shit derpderp

This is what you two sound like. As for that one guy complaining about rereleases in the same year, you lost that right when you bought the game on release instead of waiting like a true CAG. As I don't like wasting my time or money paying out the ass for DLC that myseriously pops up soon after release, not to mention an evergrowing backlog, I wait for GoTY editions that include any & all DLC at a discounted price. Don't mind if I'm a year or two behind everyone else, all my friends only play CoDden 2Kxx & I'm used to online spoilers.

#56 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

My man^

Waiting for $20 as well. And buy it along with RDR:GOTY

I'm waiting for both of these to hit $20 too but I'd settle for $30 (maybe black on friday)

300px-Titan_esports.jpg

#57 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Not sure why so many people are getting up in arms about this. While the PS3 version MIGHT have everything on one blu-ray disc, this will most likely just be the vanilla game with DLC code vouchers the same as Uncharted 2: GOTY on PS3 and Resident Evil 5 Gold edition on the 360. Probably even more so for 360 since don't developers have to pay an additional fee or something per extra disc? It is already 3 I think for LA Noire on 360 as it is. Between LA Noire having been on sale several times and the discounts the Rockstar pass had at launch, there is no reason for current owners to get upset. Though it does suck if the Consul's Car is only available for 360 users in this collection and not as DLC later on.

523546.png

#58 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

Thing is you can get all the DLC for $10 and have paid $70 total for your experience and play it 6 months ago.

With MvC 3 you HAVE to buy a new $40 disc to get all the changes in the actual game that should have been included from the start (not talking characters but stuff like spectator mode that's standard in EVERY other fighting game) after buying a disc for either $60 or $70.

There's also been plenty of people on CAG complaining there wasn't a GotY version of Red Dead Redemption until 17 months after its initial release.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#59 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

If it's a code, then I'll just get a Rockstar Pass. I just assumed it was all on the disc. Does the Rockstar Pass come with Everything?

#60 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

If it's a code, then I'll just get a Rockstar Pass. I just assumed it was all on the disc. Does the Rockstar Pass come with Everything?

It comes with everything BUT the Consul's Car case (on the 360), the big question is whether or not they'll do what they did with RDR and have the GotY edition for the 360 be the only way to have access to the PS3-exclusive content for it. I reallyyyyyyy don't want to have to buy this for that one case, I was lucky and got in the K-mart deal ($20 Gaming Coupon + $20 game of your choice) and when all was said and done, I got 4 $20+ games for $60. So, LA Noire for $15 + $10 (for Rockstar pass) = $25 and I was happy to pay that much for all the goodies, even when they would have a sale on the pass for cheaper than its pre-release price. -_-
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.