LA Noire: The Complete Edition Coming to PS3 and 360 November 15th for $49.99

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:59 AM

The burglary and fraud desks were written during the planning stages of the game's development, but never actually implemented. They weren't "cut" and they're not sitting out there waiting to be released as DLC. I think it's much more likely that they were dropped for story and pacing reasons-- the game is already very episodic and draggy in places, the last thing they needed to do was draw it out even longer.

THIS. they could have EASILY released as dlc if space was the only problem, lol.

haters always lie to make 360 look bad. plus, i guarantee this will not be more than 3 discs on the 360. the others were 19.1gb or so, and now they can put 7.5gb per disc, so all the dlc (being around 1.5gb) will fit.

Just my two cents, but this game is incredible. In fact I would have to put it in my top 5 of all time. I could see it not being for some, due to not shooting people all the time, but there is action and plenty of detective work to do. I have purchased all the DLC and have every achievement in the game.

THIS (too)! only full game i've taken the time to get 1400/1400 on achievement score. great game. this new edition is crap, as buying everything seperately is WAY cheaper!

#62 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

Thanks OP, looks like I will be picking up the complete collection once it hits $20 or so, just like the Read Dead Collection.

Why are you mad? You said you were happy to spend $60, what about this makes you mad now? Things always drop in price as demand drops off, or better packages are offered to try and gain more buyers. You paid $60 for the opportunity to play the game at release, there is no reason to be mad now.

Can't you buy the Rockstar pass everyone is mentioning?

I'm upset (shouldn't have used mad earlier) because the game came out just five months ago. I'm fine with paying $60 for a game on release day, but what's the point if everyone who doesn't gets more content at a cheaper price without having to wait very long? I understand that prices get cheaper, but a price drop with additional content so early after the game is released screws over people who wanted to support the game when it was first released.

Edited by Coltin, 21 October 2011 - 03:01 AM.
Made more concise

#63 Morpha

Morpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

I am currently playing this game (I believe I am about half way) and I must say, I haven't really enjoyed it much yet. Even this isn't really a good deal. I would wait for this to be <30 before picking it up.

It's basically reverse Grand Theft Auto. Idk, it's ultimately up to you guys but I have to say it wasn't worth the 60 I paid for it plus the 10 dollar DLC pass.

If you are undecided, wait for a better price.

#64 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

I'm really surprised that they're actually calling this the "Complete" Edition instead of something more generic like "Ultimate" or whatever. Seems like it plays right into the perception that the initial release was a ripoff.

I'd love for a developer to say "Incomplete Edition!" on day one just to rub it in. "Now with 80% game, $59.99!"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#65 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

I'm upset (shouldn't have used mad earlier) because the game came out just five months ago. I'm fine with paying $60 for a game on release day, but what's the point if everyone who doesn't gets more content at a cheaper price without having to wait very long? I understand that prices get cheaper, but a price drop with additional content so early after the game is released screws over people who wanted to support the game when it was first released.

Like you said, games get cheaper over time. The only surprise is that Rockstar is taking the time to put (what would normally be at this point) a $40 game and a $10 DLC code in a $50 MSRP box. This package is nothing that couldn't be had for the same total cost months ago for anyone who kept a close eye on the available deals.

Edited by Thrinn, 21 October 2011 - 03:32 AM.
More concise as well

#66 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

You and the retailer agreed on a price when you bought it, and you enjoyed having it earlier than most other people. Just because the publisher decided to drop the price and add more content to entice more buyers doesn't mean you got screwed. I will still wait for the game to get even cheaper, but I always run the risk that a game might go OOP and get hard to find with that strategy. If that happens I'm not getting screwed, I just made that choice. That isn't going to happen with this game, but it happened with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition.

#67 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for posting OP, even though I already knew about it. Be warned that there are people who will come in here and say "this isn't a deal!", posting a game at MSRP! Really this is good to know though, because those considering buying LA Noire should keep in mind that this will be coming out.

This.

Thanks OP. It pays to wait. I'll probably keep waiting until this version is like $20, but I'll play this game eventually.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#68 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

I was about to buy the vanilla version at Family Video for $20. If the DLC is on disc I'll definitley be waiting for this to drop.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#69 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

Finally coming out for PC eh? Good thing I never bought it, I can wait!

#70 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:59 AM

I was about to buy the vanilla version at Family Video for $20. If the DLC is on disc I'll definitley be waiting for this to drop.

I saw this official reply on the R* news comments:

R* YYesterday at 7:25pm
Thanks all, can't answer all questions but we are glad you're excited for the Complete Edition, all DLC will be included on the disc, and the PC version releases a week prior to 360/PS3, stay tuned

@ErnestoRock Ha, enjoy

Posted Image

#71 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

Me personally I got the game for $25 during the whole toys r us 2 for $50 fiasco, and the pass for $10. So $35 isn't too shabby.
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#72 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Thanks all, can't answer all questions but we are glad you're excited for the Complete Edition, all DLC will be included on the disc, and the PC version releases a week prior to 360/PS3, stay tuned

@ErnestoRock Ha, enjoy

Thanks!

This means I will probably be picking this up next March/April when it starts dropping in price.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#73 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

:applause:

The Complete Edition will include all the DLC: the Nicholson Electroplating Arson case, Reefer Madness Vice case, The Consul’s Car Traffic case, The Naked City Vice case , A Slip of the Tongue Traffic case, The Badge Pursuit Challenge and all guns and suits( DLC ones, you still have to unlock many)

Great news. This was one of my favorite games of the last few years. I'm Glad I held off on getting the DLC. I suppose no GOTY Edition, but this is the same thing. Totally worth, in my opinion.

NOTE: PC Version will come out a week before the console versions

I was hoping that they'd include the former-PS3 exclusive case.

#74 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

I'd love for a developer to say "Incomplete Edition!" on day one just to rub it in. "Now with 80% game, $59.99!"

QFT - it's more like 60% of a game now-a-days

Does anyone know if you can just get the DLC from the disc (like the Fallout 3 add-ons)??

#75 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

What's supposed to be the deal here? An over hyped game at MSRP is all I see. You can buy this game for about $20 used and I wouldn't be surprised to see $15 within a month.

#76 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

i wish people understood this when i was griping about my (after tax) $270 3DS purchase, then it's $170 + tax 4.5 months later :evil:.

shows how much they appreciate the downsincedayone gamers, unfortunately!

#77 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

@ErnestoRock Ha, enjoy

Surprising. I guess the :360: release will be 4 discs then.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#78 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

i wish people understood this when i was griping about my (after tax) $270 3DS purchase, then it's $170 + tax 4.5 months later :evil:.

Nintendo appreciated early 3DS adopters well enough to give them 20 free games, though. Sure, that's not the same as an additional $100 in your pocket, but hey, at least it's something. I wish that practice was the norm. Plus you can tell people that you're an "ambassador" now! :)

#79 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.

One of the many reasons I think the Game industry is just hurting itself with these delayed roll out of a total package, and why I continue to put off purchasing titles far further in the future. It's like if you bought a car and they first sold you the outer package and then later down the line decided you need features like seat belts or lights.

And in all honestly, I remember how I was constantly derided on this board for my comments on the fact that Capcom was going to re-release Marvel. A lot of people were quite adamant over the fact that Capcom "promised" not to release a complete copy and would only do DLC :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

So wait? There hasn't been any word yet on a disc version of the DLC by itself. Like Episodes of Liberty City and Undead Nightmare?

I have LA Noire in my backlog from the Kmart deal when it was first released.
I would prefer buying the DLC separately rather than buying the collection, unless I can just pass the DLC disc along to my brother.

I mean, I could give him the main game and we could just share the DLC disc or install it like how Borderlands and Fallout 3 worked.

A disc only DLC could have made sense, I guess. I did end up buying undead nightmare, but only because it was truly ridiculously cheap. What was the DLC that you could only play by buying the RDR Complete copy?

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#80 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

I don't like buying DLC because eventually it's going to be gone. The server could get taken down or your code could expire or you redeemed it too many times or whatever. You also can't trade/resell DLC. Ever tried selling a vanilla copy of a game once the GOTY version came out? It's like trying to resell a sports title.

I doubt I'll buy many/any new titles on day one ever again. I'm not hurting, my backlog is epic. The only two games I might bother purchasing anytime soon are this LA Noire and definitely Fallout NV Ultimate Edition or whatever they're calling it.

Edited by pwnthee, 12 November 2011 - 09:19 PM.
typo

Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#81 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Picked up L.A. Noire for $6.50 the other day, with "The Consul's Car" DLC. Barely started playing it, but so far it seems different enough to enjoy. Sure wouldn't spend more than 20 for it, even for the "complete" version.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#82 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Picked up L.A. Noire for $6.50 the other day, with "The Consul's Car" DLC. Barely started playing it, but so far it seems different enough to enjoy. Sure wouldn't spend more than 20 for it, even for the "complete" version.

I agree! I was one of the suckers that paid full price for it. I traded it back in while it still had great value and purchased it again recently for $14.99

I knew there was a reason why i stopped buying new full priced games and i plan on sticking to that in the future.
Posted Image

#83 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

I agree! I was one of the suckers that paid full price for it. I traded it back in while it still had great value and purchased it again recently for $14.99

I knew there was a reason why i stopped buying new full priced games and i plan on sticking to that in the future.

Yeah, it's kinda crazy now days to pay 60 bones for a new game, especially if it doesn't have great multi-player. Game prices drop much quicker than they did a few years back.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#84 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Wonder if K-mart will have this in stock, I have a bunch of extra coupons lol

MadrocSZ.png

#85 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

I'm trading in my ps3 copy to amazon for $15. I only bought it on ps3 because of exclusive content, I never even finished it. I'll rebuy on 360 down the road when it's around $30. Yes this sounds like a weird thing to do but I'm weird like that!

#86 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

So is the DLC included on the disc or is it a download code?

#87 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Vanilla version has been $20 the last week at target. Still a couple hours left tonight before they close and new ad starts tomorrow if you want to go get it.

#88 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

So is the DLC included on the disc or is it a download code?

On the disc

#89 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

Vanilla version has been $20 the last week at target. Still a couple hours left tonight before they close and new ad starts tomorrow if you want to go get it.

It's good till the 19th

#90 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy LA Noire it was a huge disappointment game is very repetetive and boring and story is pretty meh. Sucks because I was so excited for it.

Dark+Lord+Greg.png