LA Noire: The Complete Edition Coming to PS3 and 360 November 15th for $49.99

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Just picked this up for pc and im loving it :)

#92 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

It's good till the 19th

I was in Target today and decided to pick up the vanilla version. Hell with the DLC at $10 this is a far better deal than the "complete edition".

Also agreeing with another cag who posted about the ridiculousness of the name, to have the balls to call it a complete edition is screwing original buyers right in the ear.

#93 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

Let's say I buy the Rockstar pass, snag all the DLC and buy the vanilla version.

The only difference between what I did and buying the Complete Edition is that the Complete Edition has all the ROckstar pass shit on the disc, right? Can someone confirm this? Or is there even more extra stuff in the Complete Edition?
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#94 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

Bump, sounds like hardly anyone picked it up anyway.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#95 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, that's right. The only advantage is that the DLC is on the disc. There is no extra stuff on The Complete Edition that isn't there with the Rockstar Pass. I prefer to have the DLC on the disc and got the game for 29.99, which is about what the DLC and vanilla edition will cost you.

#96 Vezee

Vezee

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Right now you can get the vanilla version at Bestbuy for $9.99 with the gamer mag coupon. With the DLC for $10, that makes it $19.99 for a complete edition.
Posted Image

#97 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

There is no extra stuff on The Complete Edition that isn't there with the Rockstar Pass.

Yes there is. You don't get the Consul's Car Traffic Case. That's only available for the 360 by buying the GotY version.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#98 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Got a $10RZ certificate from when they didn't give me the right amount of points last week so with the @Gamer coupon I grabbed PS3 LA Noire for nothing and bit the bullet on the Rockstar pass instead of waiting for a sale.
All in all, $11.99 and I've got the Complete Edition

Gotta say, there's some things they definitely could have done better but I really like it so far.
(btw if something says "subdue the suspect" don't try shooting them in the leg like back in True Crime...I did that the very first street crime. Guy shot at me then ran, I chase then shoot in the knee, he keeps running, I shoot his other knee then again in the leg. Then I called the coroner)

#99 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

All in all, $11.99 and I've got the Complete Edition

Just to reiterate...if you don't get the Complete Edition, you don't get the Consul's Car Traffic Case. Vanilla + R* Pass /= Complete Edition.

I'm really hoping those of us who don't buy the Complete Edtion get access to this case eventually.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#100 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

^This is news to me! Still waiting for an expansion disc for us vanilla L.A. Noire owners.

#101 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

^This is news to me! Still waiting for an expansion disc for us vanilla L.A. Noire owners.

If they've already released the complete edition, I highly doubt they'll release an expansion disc separately.