Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Can we get the Batmobile as Forza dlc?
If its free, its for me!!

#32 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hell yea Wombat, pimp Arkham City, soooo awesome!

Shipwreck, finish Arkham Asylum soon! :O
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#33 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Great podcast this week, it was probably because of the high BMQ.
Posted Image

#34 mada

mada

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

Awesome show guys. Your back and forth banter and jokes had me chuckling all the way to work today. You guys were defiantly on point this week.

I especially enjoyed Wombat brining up the Batman Quotient in the discussions and hearing Shipwreck respond with silent suppressed annoyance. You can't deny it, Batman is awesome, the best superhero in my book. When it comes down to it, he's a mortal man who's real superpower is his mind and unshakable will. He doesn't need radiation, alien jewelry, or genetic mutations to be a bad-ass. Batman > Spiderman.

Can't wait to play Arkham City. I loved Arkham Asylum.

#35 LimpDaddy

LimpDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Ship, I find it really funny that you never finished Batman AA nevermind Batman AC, but you've finished a shit ton of terrible games (a bunch for review I know but still).

Wombat, you got to keep giving him shit until he finishes it.

Cheapy, you gotta take Tai to DisneyWorld in Orlando for his next b-day. His head will explode! You should go the same time as Wombat...(and you thought the 12" spider was uncomfortable, wait for the 65" wombat! heh!)

Love the show!

#36 Tonezorz

Tonezorz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

My hands hurt playing games on the PC Cheapy, and I'm 22. :(

#37 SkippyDoorknob

SkippyDoorknob

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Darknyss already chimed in to point out that the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay of the Haunted Mansion is seasonal. Visit any time outside of October-December and you'll get the classic Haunted Mansion experience that you're used to. They don't do the overlay at all in Florida though (at least not yet).

And Wombat, you'll be happy to know that a couple months ago they removed the whole "Under New Management" crap from the Tiki Room and restored it back to the classic original.

Also, if you do make it out to Disneyland in California, be sure to ride Space Mountain there as well, it's a totally different ride (which I'm sure you'll still love).

#38 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Kind of surprised that Ship seemed to rag on Batman as much as he did. He even seemed shocked it would even get that good of scores despite the fact that many sites were having it almost tied for Uncharted 2 as Game of the Year for 2009.

Wonder what game's he's excited for. I'm sure his remarks that come off almost complaintish would still apply.

#39 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

But we can all agree that Batman is better than both Forza and Gran Turismo.

I agree with this. Great show guys.
Posted Image

#40 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Anyone else pick up on the part where Cheapy claimed Skyrim would be infinitely better than Zelda?

I don't like to get mad about these things because it's generally accepted that Cheapy has terrible biased Nintendo opinions nowadays, but it almost feels like he was gunning for a reaction out of that comment with the matter-of-fact tone in his voice. Skyward Sword is not going to be highly reviewed because it has a popular character attatched to it, it will get those scores because it is a fantastic game (though admittedly nobody will have any idea quality-wise until it comes out -- let's simply assume it gets 9s and such for the sake of argument ).

Look at the idea of Legend of Frank for a second. Why was that series originally popular? It's because the series has been involved with so many amazing games (such as Ocarina of Time) and for a game to be reviewed highly just for series name would imply that the game will get scores notably inferior to what it deserves. Could you really imagine a main series console Zelda, five years of development through some of the best minds at Nintendo, deserving any less than an 85 regardless of what it was called? .

You may be entitled to your opinion, but I feel like you've become such a microsoft/apple fanboy that you refuse to allow yourself positive Nintendo comments.

"But I make money on the site, I want every game to succeed because it means I get more money!" (Something said whenever your fanboyism is mentioned). I think that should be in bullshit quarterly's economics section, because everybody is going to want more money, but that has nothing to do with your bias in quality.

#41 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Anyone else pick up on the part where Cheapy claimed Skyrim would be infinitely better than Zelda?

I don't like to get mad about these things because it's generally accepted that Cheapy has terrible biased Nintendo opinions nowadays, but it almost feels like he was gunning for a reaction out of that comment with the matter-of-fact tone in his voice. Skyward Sword is not going to be highly reviewed because it has a popular character attatched to it, it will get those scores because it is a fantastic game (though admittedly nobody will have any idea quality-wise until it comes out -- let's simply assume it gets 9s and such for the sake of argument ).

Look at the idea of Legend of Frank for a second. Why was that series originally popular? It's because the series has been involved with so many amazing games (such as Ocarina of Time) and for a game to be reviewed highly just for series name would imply that the game will get scores notably inferior to what it deserves. Could you really imagine a main series console Zelda, five years of development through some of the best minds at Nintendo, deserving any less than an 85 regardless of what it was called? .

You may be entitled to your opinion, but I feel like you've become such a microsoft/apple fanboy that you refuse to allow yourself positive Nintendo comments.

"But I make money on the site, I want every game to succeed because it means I get more money!" (Something said whenever your fanboyism is mentioned). I think that should be in bullshit quarterly's economics section, because everybody is going to want more money, but that has nothing to do with your bias in quality.

He's entitled to his opinion just like your are. But it doesn't make either of you right. No one person can determine if I game is better than another, its comes down to preference and what you like. You know you're going to love Zelda and you may very well enjoy it more than Skyrim and vice versa for Cheapy and Skyrim. And shut the Fuck up about Cheapy being a fanboy it's so childish.

#42 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

I still think it is really shitty that I cannot use my 1970s skin until I play the game for the 2nd time.

Damn straight. How many people are going to start a second playthrough of a hugeass game like this? I just can't see how anyone at Rocksteady thought this was a good idea.

#43 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:44 AM

Edge just gave it a 10, so your assumption looks pretty solid.

http://www.next-gen....rd-sword-review

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#44 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

He's entitled to his opinion just like your are. But it doesn't make either of you right. No one person can determine if I game is better than another, its comes down to preference and what you like. You know you're going to love Zelda and you may very well enjoy it more than Skyrim and vice versa for Cheapy and Skyrim. And shut the Fuck up about Cheapy being a fanboy it's so childish.

Why is it childish? If there's a few things one can expect from the podcast, it's Cheapy praising Apple and Microsoft, being outwardly unimpressed with anything Nintendo does, and neglecting Sony for the most part altogether.

If everyone's entitled to their opinion, why do I need to shut the Fuck up?

Anyways, I don't want to make a thing of this. Ill still argue with you if you want, but at the same time I don't want eight posts devoted to what will soon devolve into senseless bitching.

#45 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Ill still argue with you if you want, but at the same time I don't want eight posts devoted to what will soon devolve into senseless bitching.

Too late. This post already reached the senseless bitching point.

#46 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

Too late. This post already reached the senseless bitching point.

Dude, that was so funny. Say it again.

#47 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

Cheapy, beware of 38. That is when it starts to go downhill. For me, that is when the aches and pains that used to never be there started to crop up. Wombat, you have a few more years, but its coming. Ship, the young pup, as a former runner, those ankles and knees will be feeling it soon. Fortunately, that doesn't come into play too much with gaming, at least not until you have to review Dance Central 2.

Also, not a big fisherman, but the fish Crappie is pronounced "Cropy" not "Crappy".

You guys are really coming into form as a team. Several consecutive episodes with laugh out loud moments. Thanks for the hour or so each week.
Posted Image

#48 thefordprefect

thefordprefect

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

Sales numbers do not make a thing great. See the Transformers movies for proof of that.
Regardless, the Gran Turismo series has been around for twice as long as Forza, so it's not exactly a fair fight in that regard. If you want to compare numbers, how about Metacritic scores?

Definitely agree about Transformers 3. It is a steaming pile of rat crap. Never listen to anyone who said they enjoyed that movie about anything. I want my time back.

#49 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

Here at the California Disneyland they change the Haunted Mansion for Halloween and Christmas. Both times they added Nightmare Before Christmas decorations but they were different each time. I think for the Halloween one it was really neon looking (hated it, even though I love that movie while for Christmas it had snow (wasn't as bad as Halloween though I wanted to see the plain ole Haunted Mansion), presents ect...

As for the Buzz Lightyear game and your wife beating you at it, the same shit happened to me with my girlfriend. She just about tripled my score without even trying. I bet they have some tracking system so that they can tell when couples play together and have the woman kick the man's ass just to start some shit. I too was bothered a bit when my girlfriend kicked my ass when I'm the one with years of childhood light gun experience.

Just had to comment on this injustice!

Edit: I never comment but I just wanted to say that if Wombat wasn't on the show I probably would have stopped listening a long time ago. Wombat, keep on with your terrible jokes and friendly ribbing, haters gonna hate.

Edited by Fuzi0n, 22 October 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#50 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

Free Batman PS3 game please.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#51 padumavati

padumavati

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

Made by the right company, I would buy a Flash game in a heartbeat. The Flash totally rules and he has tons of powers beyond simply running quickly. Plus Barry Allen is an interesting character with a complex personal life.

I have Wombat to thank for my love of the Flash - he's the one that recommended Tom Vs. The Justice League on the Cagcast lo those many years ago. That became Tom Vs. The Flash and now Tom Vs. Aquaman, all of which are fantastic. So thanks, Wombat!

#52 Decepticreep

Decepticreep

Rule of Acquis. 16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hey Ship,

I think you forgot to send me that X-Men game from last week.

#53 TheTrueSephiroth

TheTrueSephiroth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

I've listened to every one of your podcasts, and this is the first time you guys have ever annoyed me.

Do me a favor and refrain from arguing the difference between a 92 and a 95 on metacritic? Games that enter the 90's have to fight for every percentage point?...Who gives a flying Fuck. The CAG video game reviews last time I checked don't even use a number based system, and for good reason. Calm the Fuck down about metacritic scores. Great games are great arguing percentage points is equivalent to pissing in the wind.

Keep up the good work, love the podcast.

#54 FairyLeviathan

FairyLeviathan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

@Wombat: Free Dragon Age 2 DLC code please <3 Thank you~

Edit: Lovely show as always guys, thanks for being my reason to wake up for my 2 1/2 hour commute in the morning =D

Edit 2: Confirmed my suspicions and the dlc code was last week...oh well. Still going to love each and every Cagcast I listen to.
Posted Image

You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane, FFIX

#55 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

I'll buy Fara :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#56 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Cheapy, I can relate to trying to cram tall American legs into the Tokyo Disney rides. Christ that sucked. LOL BTW, the Tokyo Twilight Zone ride is the shit. It's totally different from the US one. Hope you got to ride it.

#57 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Definitely agree about Transformers 3. It is a steaming pile of rat crap. Never listen to anyone who said they enjoyed that movie about anything. I want my time back.

Watch the first video on this link about the new Transformers game. You'll see how the creators have care and respect for the Transformers while still creating something new that isn't a slave to a 25-year old cartoon. F*** you, Michael Bay.

#58 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

CAGcast guys, you've talked before how you would like to do some PC gaming but didn't want to buy a new machine. You also seemed like you weren't crazy about using Boot Camp. (Don't blame you there. I've read that Apple half-assed the drivers.) But have you tried Parrallels? It lets you run a Win7 desktop and programs side-by-side with Mac apps and no rebooting. Free trial too.

#59 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Okay Cheapy, I'll call you out on the painful hands thing. I'm two days older than you; we have the same history in gaming (I seem to recall you mentioning having a Telstar and TI 99/4A back in the day) and I work in I.T. I'm at a keyboard up to twelve hours at a time, and I don't have the hand pains that you talk about. In fact, I kinda worry about your health overall from the things you've mentioned in the past.

So, grab a fresh tampon and suck it up.

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#60 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

Is Fara the iOS game by Cags?

If your hands are hurting after playing of games, there is something wrong in your desktop setup. Maybe its a poor mouse, or your wrists are being bent at a bad angle. And a natural keyboard makes a huge difference. Straight keyboards are only good for torture devices.