OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#31 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

I was worried about something like this with my amazon account, since I was having stuff delivered to my work and apparently the UPS guy that delivers to my work hates cardboard and is out to destroy it, because basically every package would arrive destroyed. I never got a ban, but figured that if I didn't start shipping to a different address, they'd eventually ban me, since banning me is easier than addressing their horrible shipping issues.

#32 juden66

juden66

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

That sounds pretty extreme given the circumstances you wrote about. Are you sure that is all that happened? I would definitely call(not email but call) someone at Amazon and see if there wasn't something else they are blaming you for? I just don't see them banning you over that, maybe it's a mistake? I've had more returns/credits in the past year than that...

Amazon is pretty harsh about bans. I had my selling accoutn banned a few years back from some stupid reason I dont recall atm. I fought tooth and nail and lost like $100 from orders I had shipped that day it happened and I ahd to eat the money. MY aunt is even the personal assistent of the Ceo and she told im basicaly SOL.

#33 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

did you demand a $20 credit for Battlefield 3 because you saw on CAG other people got targeted emails about it? lol.

#34 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Sounds like a case of someone bitching and whining getting what he deserved.

#35 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

What does OT mean?

Offered Tacos.
Posted Image

#36 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

The other day I couldn't access my shopping cart. It kept giving me errors, I got so scared that my account was banned or something. Thankfully someone else chimed in on here saying the same thing and it was resolved in about an hour.

I just can't imagine not being able to buy stuff from there. It sucks. Is there any possible workaround you think? Would shipping to a different mailing address even work?

#37 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

I think if I got banned from Amazon I would honestly get a new credit card, move, and sign up for a new account with my middle name. No joke.

#38 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

I feel like this is hearing one person tell the story of why a couple got divorced. I'm sure there's a ton more to the story.

Not trying to slight you OP, but the closing of the accounts is pretty extreme.

I dont think amazon would do that unless they elt some sort of abuse was occurring. This is just your side dude. But hey what do I know?

Good luck sir.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#39 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Anyways, if it happened to me, I'd just create a new account.

You can't create a new account. Amazon will auto-close any account that has anything at all to do with the banned account. They will close your family's accounts, etc. They are ruthless when this happens. It is even possible that completely unrelated people get screwed too, like the guy who now lives in the apartment you used to live in.

Something similar happened to me several years ago. Amazon closed my seller account because I got two bad feedbacks in a short period of time. One was from a buyer who didn't receive an item. I contacted her and sent her a replacement, but all my emails went to her spam filter. When she received the replacement she sent an apologetic email and we got it all settled, but she couldn't figure out how to remove the feedback and I let it go because I didn't think it was a big deal.

The second feedback was from a guy who ordered a DVD and literally THE NEXT DAY after ordering left me feedback that said "rude seller never sent item." Just out of the blue like that. Maybe he meant to leave feedback for a different order.

Anyway, soon after that, bam. Seller account closed permanently. Girlfriend's seller account closed permanently. Brother's (who lives in a different state) seller account closed permanently.

I did some research after that and discovered that it's not uncommon, and that appealing is virtually impossible.

#40 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

You sure did you mass flip or call in "never got here shipments" or send in tons of emails complaining about like .01 that amazon owes you or numerous other things.

Maybe your a horder or a scammer who feels guilty.

or maybe amazon messed up :D

#41 DeadRabbit

DeadRabbit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

I don't know, I want to have sympathy for you, I really do, but even by your own admission you are a picky ass customer.

However what are you going to do. In any reasonable case if Amazon has written guarantees according to certain policies, they shouldn't ban you for expecting them to make good on what they offer.

However it comes down to a "how much is this person's business worth to me" It's hard to do thought experiments sometimes but imagine Amazon not as this huge international multi-billion dollar corporation, but as a small corner store that sells all the items you want. Imagine if you went in there after every sale a few days after the fact and started demanding credit, or refunds, or exchanges. Eventually that business owner is going to get tired of dealing with you, and ban you from his store. In reality this really is no different.

In the information age, these companies keep detailed records on every customer. Even Gamefly keeps an eye on how many times you complain about something and will discontinue service essentially because they can't seem to please you, so they are just going to stop trying.

Obviously if the ban is to be effective they had no choice but to ban your wife's account as well. Still if in every case you were trying to get credit applied because of an Amazon error, construct a very detailed, informative report and send that to them. If Amazon's CS is up to snuff, I'm sure they can reverse the ban.

I'd say try and appeal the decision to close your account. I mean it's not outside the realm of reality to expect that these "credits" are simultaneously labeled as "incidents as well, and it's just like an automatic thing that they close accounts that have to many.

My guess though is there is a lot you aren't telling us.

#42 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

I just returned something back to Amazon today but I think it's my first return of the year so I should be okay (*paranoid*). Just hate hearing stuff like this,

#43 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

If someone has had an account since 2004, I can't see Amazon shutting down their account because of multiple complaints over a month. I feel bad for the TC, but like others I think there has to be more to the story. There's no way that they could prevent you from having an account forever. It might be a little more work, but ship items to a friend of PO Box if you have one.

It's only normal that there would be some problems with shipped items over a 7 year time period. I'm nervous though. Earlier this week I got 50% refunded on a game that was opened when it was supposed to be new, and today they gave me a $10 promo when I simply called to ask if I could get the $20 promo on BF3. I didn't ask for either of these "rewards". Hopefully they don't think I'm trying to scam them.

#44 actripxl

actripxl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

posts like these generally withhold information.....
just sayin.

Exactly, I've bought more and done more than what he's described and nothing has happened to me. Granted I've yet to return anything but I have similar things with the 4 he listed and then some, either this is a computer error or he's withholding info.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#45 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

haha good for them, Im actually jealous. I wish I could ban annoying customers from my store as well.

There are good customers out there and then there are customers that annoy the shit out of you for 10 cents, make huge scenes and the worst part is they are unprofitable customers as in you lose money every time they come to your store.

Good for amazon for not putting up with it.
Posted Image

#46 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

Best Buy won't do this would they?

I spent all last week arguing them to honor my Gamers Club coupon and give me Ico Collection / God of War for $15.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#47 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

This should be left here for a little while. Maybe archived and stickied somewhere.

I'm sorry this happened to the OP since he wasn't an abuser. We have seen bans occur exactly like this before so i know its a legit story. They will ban the account in question and any related account. CAGs time-and-time again abuse Customer Service over petty little issues....my game arrived one day late, i didn't get a shipment confirmation email, my game dropped a couple bucks in price, i have a dent in my game case, etc, etc. Amazon logs everything.

#48 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

I was worried about something like this with my amazon account, since I was having stuff delivered to my work and apparently the UPS guy that delivers to my work hates cardboard and is out to destroy it, because basically every package would arrive destroyed. I never got a ban, but figured that if I didn't start shipping to a different address, they'd eventually ban me, since banning me is easier than addressing their horrible shipping issues.

No offense but how is the fact that the UPS guy would deliver stuff destroyed Amazon's fault? If the guy was rough handling the packages, then he shoulda been reported.

As for this issue, I believe I've done a handful of complaints to Amazon, but definitely not 3-4 within a short time span. I could see how they would consider someone complaining so much might be a problem customer and one they would want to sever ties with.

Only times I really complained to them were 1)when NorScam rejected some games I sent in as 'damaged' when they were mint and 2) when they were taking forever shipping a shipment of games that were going to be gifts(during a free Prime trial).

Otherwise I definitely try to avoid bitching to Amazon since I saw that SD thread and I have a decent amount of credit on the site right now($184 or so). I may just order/pre-order a couple of upcoming games to kill off the bulk of it just so I don't have a ton of cred sitting there.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#49 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

wow man. really sucks to hear that you were banned from amazon. I just find it weird within that month that almost all your orders were messed up. I've been a long time customer and order from there frequently and within the past 3 years or so, i've never had as many issues as you did in a one month span. I would file a complaint, unless there's something you haven't mentioned. I just find this really odd.

#50 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

like the abusers in this thread

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=306369

someone posted a targeted email about a $20 credit for Battlefield 3, now people are harassing Amazon for their $20, I sure hope Amazon is keeping track of the abusers.

#51 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Yea I was a seller on Amazon since '02 or '03 and lately I'd been light on items so I haven't sold much...well what happened is that I got two A-Z claims from people that didn't know how to use the items they bought from me (Tivo and a Universal Remote).

So basically my negative rating skyrocketed due to the low sale volume and high claims and they closed my account without a second chance, even though I had a 99% approval rating and almost ten years selling.

I even took the time to come up with that business plan to better my sales/reduce my returns and they just said "we still don't feel confident in your ability to meet Amazon's standards" and said that my account was permanently suspended.

That was back in July and it sucks because I would sell all my video games and other random items when I was finished with them, but now I have to turn to eBay to make anything back.

Still Prime is the way to go to get anything electronic related without having to pay state taxes and have free shipping, but I don't know if I'd even go back to selling if they let me back on one day.

#52 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

There are good customers out there and then there are customers that annoy the shit out of you for 10 cents, make huge scenes and the worst part is they are unprofitable customers as in you lose money every time they come to your store.

Good for amazon for not putting up with it.

I disagree with this. If you lose money from certain customers everytime they come in the store (unless it is due to theft) you need to change your policies. At least take measures to "reserve the right" to limit trade-ins, coupons, or whatever at your own discretion. It's silly for a store owner, or employee to whine about their own policies and not want to honor them. Especially employees, you likely aren't commissioned and it doesn't affect your pay in any way. Of course there are exceptions, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that some of your customers are shady and irritating. Otherwise, take measures to fix the issue.

#53 zennacko

zennacko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Scary thing... hope that none of us here get banned before Black Friday and Christmas AND before using the last penny of credit :D (now I'm paranoid too... just put $25 GC on my account for BF (so then I can spend more on BF :D allowance sucks ) and I can't get banned before that, no way... but I'm a little paranoid because I've been enjoying lightning deals a lot D: I mean, bought Killzone 3 HE for $40, Mortal Kombat KE for $50... hope they don't get me just because I'm a CAG :(

#54 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Exactly, I've bought more and done more than what he's described and nothing has happened to me. Granted I've yet to return anything but I have similar things with the 4 he listed and then some, either this is a computer error or he's withholding info.

It's okay if you guys choose not to believe me. But that is my full story.

Googling other people's stories, Amazon has the right to close anyone's account for any reason.

I requested over $47 in credit within a month, and next thing I know, a few days later account closed.

I was really being true to my name, a Cheapassgamer that month, and maybe Amazon forsaw that I'm the type of customer who would always be fighting to make sure I do get the best deals. And to them, that was a pain they didn't want to deal with.

Oh well. It's still good to be a CAGger. I'll just be shopping elsewhere.

#55 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

like the abusers in this thread

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=306369

someone posted a targeted email about a $20 credit for Battlefield 3, now people are harassing Amazon for their $20, I sure hope Amazon is keeping track of the abusers.

Yeah, that is just low.

That is why companies turn to shit with their customer service, people like this.

#56 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Yea I was a seller on Amazon since '02 or '03 and lately I'd been light on items so I haven't sold much...well what happened is that I got two A-Z claims from people that didn't know how to use the items they bought from me (Tivo and a Universal Remote).

So basically my negative rating skyrocketed due to the low sale volume and high claims and they closed my account without a second chance, even though I had a 99% approval rating and almost ten years selling.

I even took the time to come up with that business plan to better my sales/reduce my returns and they just said "we still don't feel confident in your ability to meet Amazon's standards" and said that my account was permanently suspended.

That was back in July and it sucks because I would sell all my video games and other random items when I was finished with them, but now I have to turn to eBay to make anything back.

Still Prime is the way to go to get anything electronic related without having to pay state taxes and have free shipping, but I don't know if I'd even go back to selling if they let me back on one day.

So you could still shop at Amazon, but just can't sell no longer?

Weird.

#57 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

No offense but how is the fact that the UPS guy would deliver stuff destroyed Amazon's fault? If the guy was rough handling the packages, then he shoulda been reported.

Because Amazon doesn't care. They see the customer as a problem, so they fix it. I've been shipped plenty of stuff from them that comes banged up or dented and I just accept it because I don't feel like messing with their claims process. I've only ever returned one item because if an item is in bad shape or shipped without something then I just. . .well, I won't get into that. ;)

#58 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

No reason to write OT in a place where you are "on topic"...hence the OT meaning off topic on a message board...at least that is what I always thought.

Ok. The consensus seems to be "off topic" so I guess I've been using it wrong all this time. HAHA.

You can't create a new account. Amazon will auto-close any account that has anything at all to do with the banned account. They will close your family's accounts, etc. They are ruthless when this happens. It is even possible that completely unrelated people get screwed too, like the guy who now lives in the apartment you used to live in.

Wow. That's scary. So I guess lesson is, don't link Amazon accounts so you can still use another one if your main one gets banned.

#59 Pittsie

Pittsie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

On #1 and #4, you were being a total PITA. Not at all surprised Amazon bounced you.

#60 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

...hope they don't get me just because I'm a CAG :(

i wouldn't worry. the topic title is a bit sensationalized. if you're just ordering regularly and purchasing lightning deals, i'm sure that's perfectly fine. Your actions wouldn't warrant any sort of red flags.