OT - Amazon closed my account for being a CAG

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#91 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

What he's not telling you is that he bought those crickets on Amazon.;)

Hopefully they came in frustration free packaging, or PETA will be on Amazon so fast.

#92 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

It does sound like for a couple of those the OP was just trying to get something for free. It may have been a little too much in the OP's case, but I'm honestly glad Amazon is doing this now. People complain just for the sake of hoping to get something free. I hope Amazon starts banning more of those people who continuously try to take advantage of Amazons great CS.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#93 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

As others have already said, that's really messed-up considering how amazing Amazon's customer service usually is. Plus, they make so much friggin profit that those couple of "incidents" shouldn't warrant a ban.

#94 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Haha u guys r funny. But i think title is a letter off, "for being a CAG" should be CAH, cheap ass hole

#95 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

It does sound like for a couple of those the OP was just trying to get something for free. It may have been a little too much in the OP's case, but I'm honestly glad Amazon is doing this now. People complain just for the sake of hoping to get something free. I hope Amazon starts banning more of those people who continuously try to take advantage of Amazons great CS.

I almost feel like Amazon created these greedy begging bastards. They're just too damn generous sometimes. Customers get spoiled by these retarded outsourced credit-giving CSR's and thus the entitled monster who thinks they're always right is created. This will hopefully be a lesson to everyone else to pick your battles with them wisely.

#96 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm sure that there are some details being left out.......

#97 MrMan

MrMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

ratchet were you a paid prime member? was that part of your membership abused?

#98 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

I feel that you took advantage of Amazon in instances 1 and 2 or at least expected something to go wrong in 1 so you could ask for that credit (since its apparent you noted the customer uploaded picture).
In 3 - not enough info, maybe the credit was there when you checked out? If not ok.
In 4 - a bag that was limited? Were you trying to resell the bag in the future?

#99 midloo

midloo

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yikes... that's a frightening story. I feel like I've had an equal number of incidents with Amazon in the last month or so. I buy a lot, but they screw up a fair bit too... Doesn't seem right that they didn't issue any kind of warning. Hope you have some recourse to restore your account.
Posted Image

#100 sky03

sky03

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

wow thats pretty extreme

i still have $350 in amazon credit so i better not piss them off:-#

psn= mushh
xbox live= mushx03

bf4= mush03
steam= skylinero3

#101 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

posts like these generally withhold information.....
just sayin.

This.

Member since 2009 and can't bother to search for the other forums? Shame.

This x 1000. If you didn't know Amazon could ban your account for any reason, however arbitrary, now you know, but that should be common knowledge by now. But this has no real place in the deals forum. It was one guy who got banned, and not a widespread fiasco affecting hundreds of CAGs like some of that ECA stuff.

Furthermore there is a Deal/Shopping Discussions forum that this belongs in because its a discussion of a retailer and some shopping incidents. OP was too lazy to read the forum descriptions? Really? As if there are many if any "Off Topic" posts permitted in the deals forum? I'm surprised a mod didn't move this yesterday (figuratively speaking).

#102 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Amazon is great. It keeps getting better year after year. I think either you complain way too much, you are dealing with a dickhead CSR, or it's a mistake.

Good luck to you.
Posted Image

#103 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

I'm sure that there are some details being left out.......

It's possible. I purchase a lot from Amazon and i've returned quite a few items and no issues with them. On the flip side i've never worked promos in my favor just what's posted on their website.

#104 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

NO...you're account was closed for being a bad CAG.

I'm glad these 'incidents' are catching up with folks.

The good lot of us don't give a Fuck your account was closed.

Bravo Amazon...makes me like them even more :applause:

Has anyone looked at this 'CAG' and seen how many posts were made 'bragging' about Aamzon's CSRs in their favor?

And why in the Fuck is this in the deals section...this should be in the bragging rights section in Amazon's favor for cutting a bad CAG loose.

Edited by shrike4242, 21 October 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#105 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

huh.. well, this topic sounds a bit iffy but it does bring up a concern. I recently just had to return about 7 artbooks that they shipped imporperly and came in damaged. Most replacments were shipped out packaged properly this time (with a cardboard backing and wrapped to it), but one got sent in a friggin bubble mailer again!

now im wondering if i should call and complain about that one or just eat it =P I dont want to get banned for causing 'incidents'

but then again ive spent over 12K with them this year probably, so id be kinda shocked if they did ban me over something like that. Honestly though i better enjoy it while it lasts, i think i heard theyre charging sales tax here in Cali next year. WHen that happens my purchases with them will probably drop by over 80%

#106 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Sounds like a case of someone bitching and whining getting what he deserved.

He never did anything wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#107 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

obviously you need to complain to BBB

Amazon would wipe their ass with a complaint from the BBB. The BBB has no authority and is just a sham of an organization.

Maybe Cheapy can help! Cheapy brings amazon so much business, I'm sure one word from him and the account can be restore.

okay maybe not..

Yeah, since there's no way Cheapy knows if OP is telling the truth, there absolutely no reason to touch this. He's making too much money off amazon, why rock the boat?

I almost feel like Amazon created these greedy begging bastards. They're just too damn generous sometimes. Customers get spoiled by these retarded outsourced credit-giving CSR's and thus the entitled monster who thinks they're always right is created. This will hopefully be a lesson to everyone else to pick your battles with them wisely.

NO...you're account was closed for being a bad CAG.

I'm glad these 'incidents' are catching up with folks.

The good lot of us don't give a Fuck your account was closed.

Bravo Amazon...makes me like them even more :applause:

Has anyone looked at this 'CAG' and seen how many posts were made 'bragging' about Aamzon's CSRs in their favor?

And why in the Fuck is this in the deals section...this should be in the bragging rights section in Amazon's favor for cutting a bad CAG loose.

Yep. All the children that kept harrassing amazon CSRs until they got what they wanted should get banned. If you have a legitimate concern, then yes, Amazon should take care of you. But if you're just trying to save money because you know that amazon's CS bends over backwards to help people, then I hope you get banned.

I always laugh when CAGs start talking about how they called CSR and complained until they got their $1 back. a dollar...

I bet you the 30% ECA huge order people are sweating right about now. :bouncy:

Edited by shrike4242, 21 October 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#108 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

This thread is now complete garbage. For the sake of ceremony, I'm suggesting it goes to the Deal Graveyard.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#109 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

A warning is always appreciated and maybe explain what might happen.

#110 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

it would be deliciously ironic if CAG also banned him from using their service for posting in the wrong forum XD
Posted Image

#111 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi OP can you please share with us approximately how much you spent on amazon per year? And did you have an amazon seller account?

#112 Huggybear1688

Huggybear1688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

There is an easy fix, Open a PO BOX, go to court and legally change your name and voila your back on amazon, also that sucks

#113 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

wow, i didnt no a thread like this would turn two sided so quickly, I dont think the guy did enough to get banned, unless he was trying to bleed Amazon dry which I noticed has become a bit more popular around CAG, I really like Amazon so I doubt they are also unreasonable in their claim. A simple conversation should fix this with amazon. If there is a problem like certain credit that isn't applied than they will help you with it as much as they can, although i might have a different opinion a little later on,

I recently purchased an old xbox game (Fatal Frame II) for around $22 that was listed as like new from a third party seller sponsored from amazon

The item was no where near like new because it came in some generic gray case that was a bit scuff but I didn't care too much since i just scored fatal frame 2 for $22 but then i noticed this huge smudge on the disc so I popped it in and guess what, it doesnt work so now I'm in the process of returning it

What I'm afraid of is that amazon will say "no refund! you didn't return the game like new since you sent it back in some generic gray case" so now I'm wondering should i call them back and also tell them that the game is definitely not like new and the seller is posting misleading item descriptions?

#114 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

This was an interesting read and surprised by some of the jack ass comments here. I read the whole OP and my feeling is if this was all his 'incidents' then this is outrageous. I am leading to there may be more to this but if I go by whats written in the OP then this is scary. I received a letter like this a couple years back, and it was a warning. It asked me to not contact regular CS in the future. So i backed off from bringing up issues, even though to me they were legitimate. I recently sent a few emails for damaged games and dvds which normally is never a problem, (Atelier Totori is in a soft box and they sent in a bubble mailer smashed to hell, twice!).

I was just having this fear that Amazon may wind up like retail darlings, Best Buy or GameStop after years of missteps, and get bad reputations.

I live in California and the TAX that is coming will slow my Amazon purchases down as it is. Because right now I buy a ton of shit off of them without much thought.
Posted Image

#115 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

This topic makes me very apprehensive about investing in the kindle fire later this year. I don't want to tie up my media purchases if they could just ban me for whatever reason and lose all that digital content.. I'll probably cancel my pre order for one at this point. Really disappointing stuff from amazon.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#116 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

The item was no where near like new because it came in some generic gray case that was a bit scuff but I didn't care too much since i just scored fatal frame 2 for $22 but then i noticed this huge smudge on the disc so I popped it in and guess what, it doesnt work so now I'm in the process of returning it

What I'm afraid of is that amazon will say "no refund! you didn't return the game like new since you sent it back in some generic gray case" so now I'm wondering should i call them back and also tell them that the game is definitely not like new and the seller is posting misleading item descriptions?

You do know that smudges/fingerprints wipe right off usually with a soft cloth, right? If you're otherwise OK with the purchase and it's only smudged and works after wiping it off, then why bother trying to return it?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#117 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

You do know that smudges/fingerprints wipe right off usually with a soft cloth, right? If you're otherwise OK with the purchase and it's only smudged and works after wiping it off, then why bother trying to return it?

You'd hope he would have tried to clean it first :lol:

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#118 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

This topic makes me very apprehensive about investing in the kindle fire later this year. I don't want to tie up my media purchases if they could just ban me for whatever reason and lose all that digital content.. I'll probably cancel my pre order for one at this point. Really disappointing stuff from amazon.

Just don't do shady crap and you won't get banned.

Look, I don't know what the OP did and I'm not gonna say anything about his story but I doubt Amazon bans people willy nilly.

#119 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm pretty sure there's much more to this situation than what is listed in the OP. Especially with the statement of "While the tens of thousands of $$$ we, specifically I, spent in the course of 7 years from TV's, Computers, to even Refrigerators, and Lawn Chairs don't mean anything." in the OP.

#120 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'll actually thank the OP for at least having the courage to post about this incident when it's so easy to rail on him. It's an important warning to all buyers that ask CS for anything. Amazon gets half of my business at least. If I were to be banned gosh that would be so awful so on that end I feel bad for him. But as mentioned here, it's a good reminder to all the CAGs that love to abuse CS for credits/codes/trade-in's etc. Everything is documented so it may come to bite you in the ass.

I love Amazon so every now and then if they mess up on something I'll just deal with it without putting up a fight. There's enough deals from them that I still benefit from so in the long run I win. A $10-20 promo credit here and there is not worth the trouble. Just further proof that the mass banning years ago was not an isolated deal and bans still get issued out.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3