PINBALL ARCADE XBLA - 360 Updates Coming, Xbox One Version in Summer

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#361 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Pretty much what I predicted. No release date news.

Xbox 360 Update : FarSight's contract with Fillpoint is now an asset of a bankrupt company, so they need both the consent of the creditors and the approval of the court to move the game to another publisher. The good news is that they are VERY CLOSE to getting court approval on a transfer. FarSight wishes it was happening faster (and they're more frustrated than consumers as they lose money every day the new tables aren’t available on the Xbox 360). But it will happen!

Posted Image

#362 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

This has been an out and out disaster. I feel bad for anyone who gave them $$ for the Kickstarter campaign too.

#363 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I'm pretty much about to breakdown and buy these again on the PSN. (mainly for the portability on the Vita)

I would but as Europe got the main package as part of PS+ for the Vita, I'm holding off.

#364 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Man I want that sexy ass TNG table.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#365 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

it's really pissing me off.. I want TZ bad but made the mistake of investing in Pinball Arcade on my 360 instead of my PS3. Now I really don't want to spend the $10 to start over on the PS3, but I'm stuck without the new tables.

Really hoping they get their sh*t together soon...
Posted Image

#366 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

it's really pissing me off.. I want TZ bad but made the mistake of investing in Pinball Arcade on my 360 instead of my PS3. Now I really don't want to spend the $10 to start over on the PS3, but I'm stuck without the new tables.

Really hoping they get their sh*t together soon...

I'll never get my initial 800 MSP back from buying this, but I finally broke down and got the PSN version. Thankfully, I hadn't bought any DLC packs for my Xbox one before the issues. Honestly, my higher scores are on Xbox, and there is less lag to boot. But it's been such a disaster, I wouldn't trust those tables to come out any time soon on XBLA.

Sucks because I love what they are doing and believe they are honestly trying. But the mismanagement of this whole thing is crazy. For now, I'll support them on PSN.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#367 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I was thinking about switching to PSN too... but then I found out that nothing on PSN will transfer to the PS4, so that plan is on hold. Would suck to buy all these tables and then *have* to keep a PS3 plugged in once I have a PS4 (which will happen eventually, certainly not anywhere near release). I might end up switching to OUYA for my console Pinball Arcade (I think it's going there, right?).... OUYA should have absolutely zero release issues. Indeed the more I think about it, the better that idea seems.

Crunchewy.png

#368 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yep, they've mentioned a few times they are developing it on Ouya
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#369 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

And now it's Spring 2013, they released Star Trek TNG for PS3 and STILL no word on what the hells going on with the 360 versions... Ridiculous.
Posted Image

#370 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

I've about given up on the 360 version. waiting for the Windows 8 version which they said is soon. can use my 360 controllers on my PC and I also have a vertical/portrait monitor. Can also use the game across my laptops as well.

I have the Star Wars for Pinball FX2 on the PC and it's just so much better on a vertical monitor. the way pinball is supposed to be.

#371 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

From the Pinball Arcade Facebook page:

Due to the length of the delays on the Xbox 360, we are offering to switch kickstarter backer platforms to any other platform we support. If the base game is needed to play (for example the PS3), we will be happy to provide a means to getting the base game free-of-charge. We are continuing to work with the bankruptcy court to get the legal issues with our 360 publisher sorted out, and we remain confident we will be able to release all of the new tables on the 360 soon. Please contact us at PinballArcadeStarTrekCodes@gmail.com if you'd like to switch platforms.
And thank you for supporting us!

I grew tired of waiting for the 360 release so I opted in for this. All they needed was the email address associated with Kickstarter, my new preferred platform of choice and region. Within 24 hours I had my codes for Star Trek, Twilight Zone and Pinball Arcade base game for PS3.

TheVila.png

#372 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

I'm still going to stick it out and wait for the :360: packs to drop. It's a nice (and frankly much needed) gesture but if I wanted the tables on another platform I would have bought the base game on it.

uc.png

#373 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

This is crazy. Might just have to go for the PC version. Waiting for this has been like tortue-- I love the TNG table so much

#374 Jessiklutz

Jessiklutz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

It looks like there may be another option for anyone considering moving away from the 360 version and all of the related headaches that continue to come with it. TPA got Greenlit on Steam yesterday.

http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=95907686

#375 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'm going to wait it out on 360 too. I already have the other tables on 360. I don't want to buy them again on PS3. Plus we know the PS4 won't play them. Maybe the 720 won't be backward compatible either, but at least I can be blissfully ignorant for the time being. LOL. Also I have them on iOS, so I can play them there to tide me over until the 360 releases.

Crunchewy.png

#376 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm waiting as well, but Steam is kinda tempting.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#377 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

I'm waiting.. They'll get it out eventually. Although legal stuff can be long and drawn out..
Posted Image

#378 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well, I was waiting, but maybe not any more. I've been playing TPA on PS3 due to the PS+ freebie and now am considering buying the season 1 pack and going in whole hog. I'm starting to lose hope on the 360 version. I do prefer the 360 controller, though. If you are similarly jumping ship, feel free to add me as a friend on PS3 so we can compare scores. I'm "crunchewy" there as well.

Crunchewy.png

#379 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'm thinking there's a high probability that they won't get the rest of the tables out before the end of the 360s lifespan. Legal stuff goes on and on for years.
Posted Image

#380 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

That's my thinking as well. Especially since they offered to switch Kickstarters to another platform if they wish. I think the writing's on the wall - the 360 version is never going to see any new releases. I think it's even doubtful that the Xbox One will get a version of TPA. I think with this experience they are going to be unlikely to jump on board with the One when it has the same policies in place. AND Sony has invited Farsight to demo in their booth at E3. Sony is just being MUCH friendlier to small developers.

So... add me on your PS3. :)

Crunchewy.png

#381 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

They'll probably get stuff on 360 when they can. There is too much money to be made for them to just give up on it. Next gen console adaptation is going to be slow this time around, the 360 will still have a few years left even after the new one is out.

What I really came to post: There is going to be an upcoming Kickstarter for the T2 table. Was "leaked" back in November but no follow-up until just recently when a FS employee confirmed it.
Posted Image

#382 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

T2 is a fun game. I'll probably back it, though I hope they offer some reward other than just getting the game and such, because I'll have the season pass anyway (once that is up).

Crunchewy.png

#383 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

New Kickstarter is up for the Terminator 2 table. http://www.kickstart...-2-judgment-day

Also, Farsight's publisher has filed for reorganization.  Supposedly, Xbox tables should resume before the summer is over. We will see.

#384 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

The news that MS stopped charging publishers for title updates ought to help expedite the process...but who knows given the situation Farsight is in right now.

At least, that should be good news going ahead for the Xbox One also.

#385 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

15 grand still to go on the T2 table with less than 9 days to go...don't know if this one is gonna make it. They really should have done this sooner when there was more interest in the game. I think most of the 360 crowd has long given up at this point.

Posted Image

#386 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

15 grand still to go on the T2 table with less than 9 days to go...don't know if this one is gonna make it. They really should have done this sooner when there was more interest in the game. I think most of the 360 crowd has long given up at this point.

The 360 crowd definitely has, and FS hasn't done themselves any favors with other issues involving KS gifts and the like across other platforms. It's really as if they bit off far more than they could reasonably chew when they started up this whole game.

Seems like some would rather wait until they get their house in order before investing in another KS of theirs -- but Farsight seems to be poorly managed in addition to running into a bad set of circumstances on the MS side. At some point they were going into run into resistance unless things changed, and this T2 KS may finally be the breaking point for them (or else it might just eek it out).

It's a shame too, because the concept and the game itself are great...or could be...

#387 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

I backed it even though I essentially get nothing but my name in the credits, because I really want to see this game happen... and because I switched to the PS3 and Vita for Pinball Arcade. I recommend it if that's an option to you. I picked up the season 1 pack and will be getting the season 2 pass once I have the funds (thus why the KS doesn't really get me anything... except the opportunity to have T2K as part of the season 2 pass, which is good enough for me!)

If anybody switches over to the PS3/Vita, add me as a friend to compare scores: Crunchewy.

Crunchewy.png

#388 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Well if nothing else, it looks like they may actually make it. Less than 5000 bucks to go, 3 days left. A lot of progress in the last few days which surprises me.
Posted Image

#389 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Less than $3k now. I'm starting to feel a bit more hopeful....

Crunchewy.png

#390 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

A little over 2 days left and they are at exactly 59000. Will be interesting to see if there is a stretch goal.
Posted Image