PINBALL ARCADE XBLA - 360 Updates Coming, Xbox One Version in Summer

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#31 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

A little further away than I was hoping but no big deal. Will probably be a day 1 buy for me.
Posted Image

#32 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Still eagerly awaiting this release :D!

Here are the announced future DLC tables...

Medieval Madness
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Circus Voltaire

And just announced last night...

Monster Bash
Attack from Mars!

Looks like we are in for a treat ;)

#33 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

This will be the first time I'll pretty much blindly buy all DLC.

#34 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

The iOS version comes out tonight. Android sometime soonish. The iOS version has this list of upcoming DLC (in addition to the day 1 ones):

Monster Bash®, Medieval Madness®, Creature from the Black Lagoon®, Funhouse®, Attack from Mars®, Black Knight®, Space Shuttle®, Pin•Bot®, Circus Voltaire®, Big Shot®, (and many others for years to come!)

From the sounds of it, all platforms will get all of the DLC, so this should be good for XBLA as well. The release games are Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic (yes!), Ripley's Believe it or Not and Black Hole.

Crunchewy.png

#35 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Can't wait for the high score battles on CAG.

#36 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I can't imagine Creature being a good digital pin, it's just too busy and the forced perspectives will just be a complete pain. I'm in for Monster Bash though. Between that and MM it's pretty easy to call that the high water mark for pinball.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

I really, really wish they would integrate Kinect head tracking into it. Then you could lean to either side to look from a side perspective to make side shots and such, or crouch down to get a lower view, or up to see rollovers at the top. It would be an awesome use of Kinect. Alas I've heard nothing of that.

AFM is a better game than MM, but that's a matter of opinion. MM is a great game too, though. I'm also really looking forward to Cirqus Voltaire (and Monster Bash) and really all of them. Heck I'll even buy a digital version of Popeye! ;) It's a museum of sorts to me. Better record that incredible bit of awfulness for posterity. LOL.

Crunchewy.png

#38 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

That Williams HoF game is easily the best pinball game on the 360 so I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully they can nail down a good amount of licensed stuff.

me too!

I love Pinball FX2 because it has the snazzy tables and cool licenses. But it doesn't match up to Pinball Hall of Fame in terms of physics and just feeling like pinball...

But PHoF just felt better. It just felt more like real pinball. And it was based on tables I actually played when I was a kid. and if The Pinball Arcade can top the physics of PHoF... man, I'm getting excited!!!

If The Pinball Arcade can snag licenses for some of the awesome pinball games I played as a kid like Terminator 2, Addams Family, The Simpsons, etc., I'll buy every table.

looking at some of the upcoming tables, there's a lot of rehashing from the Gottlieb and Williams collections...

I'm willing to pick up Gottlieb tables (maybe) since I didn't get The Gottlieb Collection.

but for The Williams Collection, I'm more than happy with the tables in that version. I'd be hard-pressed to buy them again unless the physics and authenticity is off the charts.

So if I was Farsight, I would make sure their business model first focused on new tables to make sure they make money and stay solvent. Then add the tables from the other games later on. Otherwise, people who have been buying these other collections may hold off and then Farsight won't have money to get to the good tables.

I saw this video in another forum. it's full of pure awesome!:

too bad that Youtube doesn't allow 60 fps videos (one of the major issues I have with Youtube).

#39 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Its literately worth it owning the Xbox 360 for JUST Pinball FX2, at least for me, I play a ton! I definitely don't mind investing money and MS points into these games, they are very good and its not like you are paying for content that is already on the disc. Besides I think the prices are pretty reasonable, around $3 a table, I could blow that on a real pinball machine that doesn't work in a few min.

Also pinball here is pretty much dead, but I love the game, any machine found these days is usually in very poor condition and very unplayable.

#40 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

I would like please;

Bride of Pinbot
Twilight Zone
High Speed
Harlem Globetrotters
Buck Rogers
Indiana Jones (yea not getting that one I'm sure)
Posted Image

#41 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

I can't imagine Creature being a good digital pin, it's just too busy and the forced perspectives will just be a complete pain. I'm in for Monster Bash though. Between that and MM it's pretty easy to call that the high water mark for pinball.

There was a decent Creature conversion on an old Williams Pinball PC CD-ROM I had way back when. They didn't license the original music but I still got a lot of mileage out of it.

#42 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Also pinball here is pretty much dead, but I love the game, any machine found these days is usually in very poor condition and very unplayable.

It's largely become a hobbyists game, with people owning machines, but some of us are lucky enough to be in a pinball league and have a place to play where the games are well maintained. Or have a game or two (I have one). :)

FYI, the game on iOS is fantastic (except for the use of Facebook for leader boards but I imagine that won't be the case on Xbox anyway). The physics are way better than Pinball FX2, and also better than Pinball Hall of Fame, and of course these are real games. Like PHoF you've got the excellent game tours as well to help you learn the rules. I can't wait to get it for XBLA as well.

Crunchewy.png

#43 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

I loved the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame (Pinball FX2 sucks in comparison). I just wish we didn't have to wait until March for this on XBLA. I'm not much of a mobile gamer, however I did buy this on android to support FarSight Studios. Those guys are geniuses.

Edit: Whatever happened to the Gottlieb Hall of Fame being released on XBLA?

Edited by raistlin, 19 February 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#44 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Edit: Whatever happened to the Gottlieb Hall of Fame being released on XBLA?

You mean Games on Demand or whatever they call it (since it was an XBox game)? I don't remember seeing it announced but I'll take your word for it. That said, I briefly owned the Gottlieb game it was pretty underwhelmed, the Williams game was much better.
Posted Image

#45 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

You mean Games on Demand or whatever they call it (since it was an XBox game)?

Actually Bsmiff mentioned it on page 1 of this thread, I should have quoted it in my last post. On a side note I had the disc version at one point, but the tables were just too old for my liking. However, I'd probably buy it anyway just to show my support. I'm also kind of a pinball junky in general.

Awesome news, thanks for sharing this! Hopefully they follow through and release and support it unlike their Gottlieb XBLA title.

#46 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm one of the few that liked the Gottlieb collection a little better. Love them both though.

#47 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

I've got some family in the Santa Barbara area, it'd be cool to visit the studio some time.

http://maps.google.c...AXSZu1wuyyXJteA

#48 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm anxious to hear exactly when this is going to be released on XBLA. Also I hope they'll have some more games in it than the iOS version, and for more tables to be released for iOS.

There are some bugs in the iOS version which may be in the engine itself. For example it's possible to lose a ball (mean going missing) in Ripley's Believe it or Not and then have no way to continue your game. There is a "Call Attendant" option, but it doesn't help because the game is confused and puts the ball in the plunger lane but doesn't let you plunge it! Etc. Hopefully they get those straightened out before the console release.

Crunchewy.png

#49 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

My bet is if it launches at $10 it will be the same 4 as the iOS launch. That would price it roughly the same. No way is an XBLA game gonna be cheaper than the iOS version. I just hope we can get as many pins as possible as quickly as possible.

#50 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

A friend of mine pointed out that some really wonky stuff is going on in Black Hole. The ball goes down the lower playfield exit, which is impossible in the real game. I hope they haven't royally screwed things up as bad as that in other games as well.

While I too appreciate virtual pinball games being as close to the real thing as possible. Wouldn't it make more sense for the ball to go backward given the blackhole? I could totally see that being the original concept from the designers, but just not being possible given the physical limitation of a pinball machine.

Then again, we never had Black Hole at any arcades where I live. So I've got no personal beef with it. Now if they messed with Whirlwind, I'm afraid I'd have to go postal. But, as we all know they did a fantastic job with that one.

#51 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Bought the iOS version to support Farsight. Can't wait for the XBL version next month!
Posted Image

#52 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

March 28th!
http://marketplace.x...15-d8025841121d

#53 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Online multiplayer? Interesting. March 28th can't come soon enough!

Crunchewy.png

#54 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Can't wait for this! Glad pinball is alive and well. Online multiplayer could be pretty cool too.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#55 disappearer71

disappearer71

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

If you have an Android device, you can download the preview from the Market...been playing it for a week and it's pretty awesome.

#56 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

I was so excited about this - I loved and played the hell out of Pinball Hall of Fame, and was eager for more. Then I saw they were only available in packs, and my spirits dampened. Half the tables in their initial offering are already on the Hall of Fame disc. Combine that with the fact that at least half the announced titles are also on the disc, and you see their business model - if you want the tables you don't own, you must buy the ones you do a second time. No thanks!

Guess I'll have to go back to Virtual Pinball to get my genuine pinball fix.

#57 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

I would agree with you on principle on just about any other game. But in this case, I will double dip and just sell my disc. I like pinball games but am not hardcore about them, so I very rarely feel like looking for the disc to play it since it would only be for playing like 2 games at a time. However, now I can keep my "main" games in the Xbox and still play me some Williams pinball.

#58 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Half the tables in their initial offering are already on the Hall of Fame disc. Combine that with the fact that at least half the announced titles are also on the disc, and you see their business model - if you want the tables you don't own, you must buy the ones you do a second time. No thanks!

The four table launch collection includes Tales of the Arabian Nights®, Ripley's Believe It or Not®, Theatre of Magic®, and Black Hole™.

Tales of the Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, Funhouse, Black Knight, Space Shuttle, Pin•Bot are from Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection.

Black Hole and Big Shot are from the Gottlieb collection which wasn't that good and only on the Wii and PS2 so to get a new version with a new physics engine with HD graphics for the 360 is a win.

Ripley's Believe It or Not is new.
Theatre of Magic is new.
Monster Bash is new.
Creature from the Black Lagoon is new.
Attack from Mars is new.
Circus Voltaire is new.

So to start, there are 8 new titles for the Xbox 360 owners. And 6 tables from the Williams Collection.

But even for the repeat tables, it now has online multiplayer and better leaderboards (more in line with what Pinball FX2 is offering). there'll also be additional game modes, online pinball tournaments, etc.

And they've promised Bally and Stern tables! Most of my favorite ones are Bally tables.

#59 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

The first two DLC tables, at least for iOS and Android, and presumably 360/PS3, are Medieval Madness, which is a repeat, but Bride of Pinbot, which is new. Bride of Pinbot isn't really that good of a game, in fact it's kind of stupid, LOL, but fun for a while anyway. And really I'm more excited about that then about playing Medieval Madness again since it's a repeat (and because I have a real one, in good condition, I get to play at league each week, at least for now....)

Crunchewy.png

#60 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Black Hole and Big Shot are from the Gottlieb collection which wasn't that good and only on the Wii and PS2

http://www.amazon.co...x/dp/B0002IBEBY

Agree that it wasn't that good though.
Posted Image