Photo
- - - - -

Two Worlds II Royal Edition $18 and Bioshock 2 Special Edition $8 at Gamestop B&M

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

will call my local ones today
would love both
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#32 Smorri

Smorri

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Does any of this also apply to the PC version?

#33 Unseen77

Unseen77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

I went to 4 gamestops in my area to find this deal today. Two did not know that Fuck I was talking about, one was somewhat knowledgeable, while one was very knowledgeable about it, No luck finding anyone with stock though... Oh well, would have been nice though as I'm a big sucker for CE packaging.

#34 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

I thought when they "convert to used" that means they gut the shit out of the CE. Didnt they do that with the God of War 3 pandora box?
Posted Image

#35 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

I'll check my local one tonight, but I did find a CE version of Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe that was down to 17.99 the other day, complete and listed as used.

#36 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

ah i meant to post this last week and totally forgot. WHen i was picking up a few rarer psp games that the guy at the store had shipped to them for me I asked about any special collectors editions they had. He dug around in the back and brought a two worlds II CE out for me brand new. Then when he was ringing it up and it didnt' come up, the manager told him it was converted to used so i got it for that price.

I think it was like 15 or 16 bucks though, not 18. I'll have to check the reciept

awesome price. Didn't know about bioshock 2 though. I havent seen those at any store in a long time

$18 is the used price and after PUR discount its $16.2 + tax which is the price I got it for

Well no go for me at my 2 local Gamestop's here in NC (Cary and Apex). The guy told me that the SKU's have been deleted out of the system and as such will be hard to come by since they are being cleared out of inventory. Oh well it was worth a shot. Good luck to those who find one.

At 2 of the stores, I asked the employees to look in their back stock room and thats when they came out with them and were surprised by the price.

#37 Modus Pwnens

Modus Pwnens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

Asked around St. Louis today, came up with Bioshock 2 at the first store, and got it for eight. The manager came out and said they were supposed to gut it before selling it to me but they wouldn't. Nobody had Two Worlds 2, and a couple stores told me that it was only shipped to stores with pre-orders, so I'd have to be incredibly lucky to find one. I didn't.

But still, Bioshock 2 for $8 is not bad at all! Especially without the security rope like on Best Buy's copies. I already have the game so I'm going to give the disc as a Christmas present.

Edit: The store that had Bioshock 2 also had Dead Rising 2: Zombrex edition, which has also been converted to used, although that's still somewhere around $28 I think.

Edit 2: And the woman who helped me said that some stores did actually gut them sometimes, because that's what corporate wants, so she suggested that if you're calling around, be sure to ask if it's a non-gutted, complete copy.

#38 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

$18 is the used price and after PUR discount its $16.2 + tax which is the price I got it for

At 2 of the stores, I asked the employees to look in their back stock room and thats when they came out with them and were surprised by the price.

At least you had better luck than I did. :applause: In my case they had only vanilla Bioshock 2 copy on hand when checking their used item inventory. By the way which copies were you able to snag and if you don't mind me asking what location (if in NC)?

#39 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

At least you had better luck than I did. :applause: In my case they had only vanilla Bioshock 2 copy on hand when checking their used item inventory. By the way which copies were you able to snag and if you don't mind me asking what location (if in NC)?

... Did they physically check? Because the Bioshock 2 LE will show in the system as a used vanilla Bioshock 2.

#40 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

... Did they physically check? Because the Bioshock 2 LE will show in the system as a used vanilla Bioshock 2.

At first I browsed and looked up and down the store myself and then asked the clerk on duty to check inventory physically. All the while I followed the guy with the exception of when he stepped into the backroom which did not seem too long for checking inventory. He just had the said Bioshock 2 copy (vanilla version) and Two World 1 (not 2W2) copy. I have a feeling some copies are floating around but it is a gamble based on how knowledgeable the staff or manager on duty is since both the stores I visited, I had to educate them on the said deal.

#41 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

At first I browsed and looked up and down the store myself and then asked the clerk on duty to check inventory physically. All the while I followed the guy with the exception of when he stepped into the backroom which did not seem too long for checking inventory. He just had the said Bioshock 2 copy (vanilla version) and Two World 1 (not 2W2) copy. I have a feeling some copies are floating around but it is a gamble based on how knowledgeable the staff or manager on duty is since both the stores I visited, I had to educate them on the said deal.

Just was making sure, because like you said it seems you have to educate half the employees.

#42 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

Just was making sure, because like you said it seems you have to educate half the employees.

Price you pay for being a CAG;)

#43 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Asked around St. Louis today, came up with Bioshock 2 at the first store, and got it for eight. The manager came out and said they were supposed to gut it before selling it to me but they wouldn't.

Hahahaha that's rich. They're supposed to gut them so they fit in with the other used games and they don't keep the whole big package taking up space. There is NO REASON why they would gut a copy in front of you. I can't imagine the stupidity/balls it would take to take all the packaged stuff out of the game and throw it out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

#44 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

Hahahaha that's rich. They're supposed to gut them so they fit in with the other used games and they don't keep the whole big package taking up space. There is NO REASON why they would gut a copy in front of you. I can't imagine the stupidity/balls it would take to take all the packaged stuff out of the game and throw it out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

I can see at least one GS employee out there trying to do this just because we live in a world of massive trolls these days and some people love seeing/making others angry and even get off on it. Plus they probably wouldn't get in much trouble if their company policy states it should be gutted. Now granted, 99% of the people wouldn't do it but I guarantee there is one GS employee waiting to troll some customer he hates by gutting it right in front of him. This is the same douchebag who "rents" copies of newer released used games while a customer wants to buy it and also holds back copies of games recently traded in/price dropped until he gets off so he can buy them himself.

#45 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

I found both version of Two worlds II and Bioshock 2 at the 2 stores in Green Acres mall, valley stream, NY. The gamestops in Roosevelt fields mall, NY or Lake success, NY don't have any. Hope this helps.

#46 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

I found both version of Two worlds II and Bioshock 2 at the 2 stores in Green Acres mall, valley stream, NY. The gamestops in Roosevelt fields mall, NY or Lake success, NY don't have any. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

#47 nillarilla

nillarilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Damn. I've tried 3 gamestops already with no luck. They're just so stupid. I tell them it won't show up on the computer and they still look and then say "no its not there." I have yet to have them look in the back....sucks

I've called about every Miami GS, not sure if they're telling the truth or not, but none had them...

Edited by nillarilla, 25 October 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#48 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

I missed two worlds royal by a few days. The guy said he just gutted them and his manager had him destroy the contents then throw them out. They had 2 copies too. No bioshock though but I know were one is but its pretty far from me.

#49 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

I missed two worlds royal by a few days. The guy said he just gutted them and his manager had him destroy the contents then throw them out. They had 2 copies too. No bioshock though but I know were one is but its pretty far from me.

Same. He said they got the orders to gut it and sell as used about a month ago, but no one got around to it until about a week ago. So sad

#50 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

i got 2 perfectly sealed with nice slip cover copies of bioshock 2 for ps3 so im a very happy camper. still have like 5 or 6 gamestops to check through. only had time to check one and it was a winner.

#51 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

I found a 2W2 RE for xbox. A little beat up but was $18 out the door with my pur card as payment. Thanks again OP!

#52 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Only read the first page so this has probably already been said...

But I doubt many people will find the TWII's, when they originally dropped a while back there was a huge hunt for them. I know personally I got the last one within about a 100m radius from my house at the time. So unless they restocked or redistributed good luck.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#53 Namzor

Namzor

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

I just dropped by my local Gamestop which had one last PC copy and was told the used conversion doesn't apply to PC games, since they don't sell used ones like they do console games. They said that the PC version gets destroyed once it gets removed from the system, which to me is really stupid. Why get no money for it when I am willing to pay the price dictated by them for the console version. Sigh at corporations.........

#54 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

WOW I want it.

Anyway to check online if any of the Gamestop in my area still has one?

#55 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

Has anyone bought Bioshock 2 LE recently? Last week I tried to get the 360 LE but was told it was $70 (they looked it up in the system).

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#56 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

GS has PC version of Two Worlds II RE for $29.99.

I just ordered... Physical items is what I yearn after anyway!

Tomorrow, going to see if they still have 360 version though.

#57 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

I already got TW2 RE...and am waiting for the Velvet Edition...
...has anyone found a pre-order for it, yet?

#58 appleyum

appleyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

I already got TW2 RE...and am waiting for the Velvet Edition...
...has anyone found a pre-order for it, yet?

Man for a game that gets so-so review they sure know how to throw collector's edition.

Do you know if velvet includes all the collector's edition bonus and gamestop bonus?