Alien Hominid PS2/GC $19.99 NEW at Gamestop B&M

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jrutz

jrutz

An OG CAG since the Early Aughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:46 AM

Was in Gamestop today and noticed they dropped the price of Alien Hominid for the GC and PS2, only $19.99 new.

I saw there's an Xbox version planned, but it doesn't look like it's coming out in the US?

Jeremy

#2 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:47 AM

Nice, been waiting for a price drop even though it was $30. Thx OP.

#3 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:58 AM

O.K. Now this is definitely mine the next time I'm in a Gamestop.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#4 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:01 AM

Finally! It should have dropped immediately after Xmas. I'll be getting the GC version now.

-DM

#5 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:08 AM

If you don't have it already, you should get it now! I played through it at least 4 times and do so everytime I show someone the game. The PDA Mini game in it is really fun too.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:01 AM

Is there any differences between the PS2 and GC version besides the graphics?

#7 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:10 AM

Looks like the xbox version will be the best
According to IGN
"a brand new 2-4 player "button basher" known as All You Can Eat will feature 'the Fat Kid.'" "A new replay function will also allow players to rewind the level they just finished so that they can jump back into the action at any point. It's a great way to save some lives as long as you can keep from dying as you might have done the first time. Finally, Xbox players will be treated to Live functionality that enables them the ability to download additional levels for their PDA mini-game and set score rankings in various categories like quickest time, highest kills, buildings destroyed, and so forth."

Now if only someone decide to bring it to the US...

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#8 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

I'm going to wait for this price drop at my local BB. Another $5 is the world to me as a CAGer.

#9 DenisDFat

DenisDFat

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:25 AM

come on, EB. Try to gypsy tramp and thieve me out of this and you had better hope your entire store isn;t kicked over.
Things that suck: Fisrt person Shooters, Stealth, metal Gear, Silicon Knights, Realism, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, 10, 10-2, CC, Metroid Prime, Ketchup, Mayonaisse, pickles, vinegar, Electronic Arts, Sports games, Sega sports, Sonic, ham, Retro, Walgreens, "mature" games, Superficial women, meatloaf, the matrix, Racing games, hot dogs, eggs, mustard, lettuce, peppers, beans, alchohol, your mother, ocarina of time, blondes, sunshine, Cornfedwb, 3d platformers, DiGiorno pizza, pics of Olimario's dong on the internet
Posted Image

#10 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:16 AM

GET THIS GAME! :) Its one of those rare gaming experiences that just NEEDS to be..well...experienced ;)

#11 davelin

davelin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:25 AM

Nice, now that question is do I get the GC version now, or wait for the Xbox. Thanks, OP.

#12 PaulEMoz

PaulEMoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:21 AM

I'm getting this now. I would have waited for a Best Buy price drop, but they don't have it. I tried online, and they don't even have it listed let alone in stock, so I'll have to head to Gamespot as soon as poss.
A Game A Day

Blog where I attempt to play my pile of unplayed games on all formats.

#13 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:36 AM

Anybody want to venture a guess on if many B&M stores still have this in stock?

#14 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:03 AM

It might actually come out for xbox:

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=210694

They keep bumping the date though, it was scheduled to come out in Feb, then Apr, and now June

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#15 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

I thought I heard recently that U.S. Xbox version was confirmed... could be wrong though. I'll just wait and see, as my backlog of unfinished/unplayed games keeps me from being in any sort of rush.

#16 orntar

orntar

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

has anyone here played any of the versions? i have read about more glitches in the gc version on various forums. is one controller better suited for one or the other?

i definately want to pick this up. but my local gamestop does not have it.

#17 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:11 PM

Why is this game so good? I played the flash game and it didn't blow me away. Might I still like the console version?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#18 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

Why is this game so good? I played the flash game and it didn't blow me away. Might I still like the console version?

If you didn't like the flash version, then there is no reason to play this one.

Secondly, I chose the GC version. Don't know, but I prefer this game on the GCN.

#19 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

I played the GC version before, it was pretty good, but not as great and everyone is hailing it to be. It consisted of equal parts frustration and fun. The animation was beautiful, though.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#20 Green-Bull

Green-Bull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

Anyone know if this game will drop down to $20 at TRU and CC since it did at GameStop? Because I think I saw some copies at TRU the last time I was there. And my GameStop didn't have the GC version.

#21 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

Anyone know if this game will drop down to $20 at TRU and CC since it did at GameStop? Because I think I saw some copies at TRU the last time I was there. And my GameStop didn't have the GC version.

I'm thinking "yes". This niche shooter should drop universally, especially as has been reported that an Xbox release is scheduled.....

#22 Spaceboy176

Spaceboy176

GOOD cheap games rock!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:02 PM

Great game for $20! I have the 'Cube version. It is almost as good as the Metal Slugs.