Indie Royale - Debut 12 Bundle

• Please log in to reply
4888 replies to this topic

#2641 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Don't know you, but I like this kind of bundle, where most of the games are unknown to me and are on desura (yes, I like my games on a client). Almost all of them looks fun.

I don't know why, but I sunk about 10 hours on Deadly 30. I like that kind of games. It seems I would like most of the games from this bundle.

#2642 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Oh new Nyu media game in current bundle. These are the type of IndieRoyale bundles I like! So bought!

#2643 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Shoot, $4 and I'm in!!!! C'mon, where's that fake $100 purchase?? ;)

#2644 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Don't worry about it man. Spoder, Drabe & I were just kidding. It never actually happened.

Spoiler

Madness!
Spoiler

#2645 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Been playing the games on the bundle:

- Batthepaths: is fun, one can put at least a couple hours on it, but I can't get use to the turn system it uses, is a bit clunky. Sadly I can't see it reaching greenlight, but is a nice game.

- Beast Boxing: Is not punchout, but it isn't an inferior clone, is a different game. Don't play it expecting punchout and you'll be having fun.

- Croixleur: Your worst enemy are the controls. It recommends you use a gamepad, but the game is keyboard mapped. Also, you have to go to the game folder and use the Croixleur_config.exe to map the gamepad... and still the in-game texts shows you the text for keyboard, it's very confusing. Diagonals doesn't work well. It's a shame, this could be a great game, hope they'll patch it, I find the game very unplayable in this state, and I'm certain it wont reach greenlight.

Still ain't played all the games, but I feel a bit disappointed

Edit: I highly doubt Croixleur developers would patch it, since changelog only shows one date: January 24 2013. Hope I'm wrong

Edited by juanjava, 20 April 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#2646 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Been playing the games on the bundle:
- Croixleur: Your worst enemy are the controls. It recommends you use a gamepad, but the game is keyboard mapped. Also, you have to go to the game folder and use the Croixleur_config.exe to map the gamepad... and still the in-game texts shows you the text for keyboard, it's very confusing. Diagonals doesn't work well. It's a shame, this could be a great game, hope they'll patch it, I find the game very unplayable in this state

I don't think it's anywhere near unplayable.. I played it fine with my 360 controller, but I agree the gamepad configuration is badly optimized. The deadzone for the analog sticks is HORRIBLE. I have to press my 360 analog stick full on to move around.

Hopefully they'll update it with more gamepad configurations, or at least have native 360 controller support.

#2647 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

I don't think it's anywhere near unplayable.. I played it fine with my 360 controller, but I agree the gamepad configuration is badly optimized. The deadzone for the analog sticks is HORRIBLE. I have to press my 360 analog stick full on to move around.

Hopefully they'll update it with more gamepad configurations, or at least have native 360 controller support.

If you use the d-pad it works better

#2648 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

If you use the d-pad it works better

I bet spoder's using a genuine 360 controller, so that just won't work. ^_~

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2649 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

I bet spoder's using a genuine 360 controller, so that just won't work. ^_~

Nah I use a PS3 controller with MotionJoy emulation whenever I need to use a dpad extensively and a genuine 360 controller if I don't need the dpad. However, for Croixleur I'd really prefer to use the analogue stick.

#2650 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

EDIT: Mystery game is probably SPiN WARS

http://media.indiero...ura_applogo.jpg

Spoiler

In other news, this bundle has now outsold the previous one (with The Real Texas & Knytt Underground) by 2,700 copies. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In the previous bundle, you had 2 fairly high profile indie games which seem likely to get greenlit at some point. With this bundle...well, let's just say that the games are much lower in profile. They seem far less likely to end up on steam.

Who can figure these things?

#2651 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

You're lucky if a Japanese indie developer can handle controllers. Flying Red Barrel and the Suguri/Acceleration/Sora saga can't handle 360 controller diagonals. You have to use Joy2key to get them to work.

It's disgraceful but Japs really are that lousy at coding.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2652 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

According to this post over on SPUF, it looks like a new bundle is about to drop.

#2653 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

I thought it might launch today. We'll see what's in it. I hope it's not just rehashes.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2654 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Let's hope it has moon stuff in it. The moon is cool.

#2655 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I thought it might launch today. We'll see what's in it. I hope it's not just rehashes.

Yeah, I can think of quite a few games they can rehash in this bundle off the top of my head.

Lunar Flight, Shattered Horizon, The Lunar Pack, To The Moon, 6180 The Moon.. I would be surprised if all the games are new.

#2656 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

The thing that you're forgetting is that the name of these bundles rarely ever have anything to do with the games included.

#2657 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

The thing that you're forgetting is that the name of these bundles rarely ever have anything to do with the games included.

I'm not forgetting that, I'm just expecting there to be rehashes. It's like the new norm with Indie Royale ;). I expect this to be one of those rare occasions that the title may relate to the contents. But I hope that I'm wrong.

EDIT: New tweet. "Lunar Bundle has 7 games .. we're announcing the first 4 soon: 2 platformers, 1 puzzle/RPG, 1 adventure."

Edited by spoderman, 26 April 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#2658 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. There used to be a time when Indie Royale would proudly boast that none of the games in their bundles had ever appeared in any other bundle. Over the past 3 or 4 months though...

I guess with all the other bundles out there it's getting harder & harder to find games that haven't appeared in a bundle yet. It's funny, one of the goals of the Indie Royale bundle when they first started up was to increase the visibility of Desura and encourage people to think of it as a viable outlet for indie games. Well...mission accomplished. They were so successful that now every other bundle (except Humble) offer desura keys for games. Which means they're getting to games before IR has a chance to feature them.

#2659 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

@indieroyale tweeted:

"Lunar Bundle first 4 games: All Steam. All PC & Mac. 1 Linux. 3 recent releases."

Continue speculation. I assume this goes live in about 7 minutes.

#2660 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

@indieroyale tweeted:

"Lunar Bundle first 4 games: All Steam. All PC & Mac. 1 Linux. 3 recent releases."

Continue speculation. I assume this goes live in about 7 minutes.

I have a feeling one of them has to be Waking Mars :(

#2661 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I have a feeling one of them has to be Waking Mars :(

I have a feeling you're just sitting there mashing F5 ;)

I wish they'd just start the stupid bundle and get the disappointment over and done with!

#2662 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I have a feeling you're just sitting there mashing F5 ;)

I wish they'd just start the stupid bundle and get the disappointment over and done with!

Guessing Cargo Commander, Dungeon Hearts and Pid are in the bundle. All PC/Mac and Dungeon Hearts is also on Linux. They're also the 3 newest releases on Desura http://www.desura.com/games

#2663 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Guessing Cargo Commander, Dungeon Hearts and Pid are in the bundle. All PC/Mac and Dungeon Hearts is also on Linux. They're also the 3 newest releases on Desura http://www.desura.com/games

Yeah I saw someone post that on SPUF too. Seems likely, but I really hope Cargo Commander and Pid aren't in it.. Pid was just featured on IGS and Cargo Commander was in a Groupees bundle not too long ago. I wouldn't mind Dungeon Hearts though.

#2664 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

it's live

pid
Cargo Commander
Back to the Future The Game
Dungeon Hearts
3 coming later

#2665 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

I knew BTTF would show up eventually (and probably Walking Dead in a year or two). Bought even though I own the rest.

#2666 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Man, I knew I'd regret buying Pid off IGS, I just didn't know it'd be so soon. Oh well, still a cool bundle, got in while it was still cheap so I'm happy.
76561197996844513.png

#2667 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Nice detective work there. But for some reason, Cargo Commander & Dungeon Hearts aren't included on Desura in this bundle. I wonder if that's just an early oversight that they'll be correcting at some point?

#2668 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Man, I knew I'd regret buying Pid off IGS, I just didn't know it'd be so soon. Oh well, still a cool bundle, got in while it was still cheap so I'm happy.

Yeah I figured it might be in a Humble Bundle.. not a very smart move on their part to bundle it quickly after featuring it on IGS, but maybe they had it planned ahead of time and couldn't avoid it.

#2669 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Nice detective work there. But for some reason, Cargo Commander & Dungeon Hearts aren't included on Desura in this bundle. I wonder if that's just an early oversight that they'll be correcting at some point?

I was just looking at that - I think they are the kind of games where Desura just resells Steam keys. They won't be available for DRM-free download directly from Desura as far as I can see.

#2670 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I almost bought Pid from IGS, too. Great deal right now, I picked up the bundle immediately. Already have BTTF on PS3 but that's a great inclusion. I was interested in Dungeon Hearts too.