Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Mixer 8 - Dr Who AGs, Galactic Arms Race, Oil Rush, QuestRun, Pressured, Infinity Wars, Gravity Badgers, Hexcells, Level 22

• Please log in to reply
5743 replies to this topic

#1291 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Just picked this up because I'm a sucker for supporting indie devs and I wanted DD and containment

Spoiler

Thank you for Data Jammers

#1292 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Just picked this up because I'm a sucker for supporting indie devs and I wanted DD and containment

Spoiler

Grabbed Brain Pipe, thanks for throwing it up.

#1293 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Thank you for Data Jammers

Grabbed Brain Pipe, thanks for throwing it up.

No problem! Enjoy!

#1294 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Weird Worlds is a classic! That alone is worth the price! The rest are just bonus!

Just wished Infinite Space was on sale too.

#1295 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Weird Worlds is a classic! That alone is worth the price! The rest are just bonus!

Just wished Infinite Space was on sale too.

I may be missing something, but if you mean STRANGE ADVENTURES IN INFINITE SPACE (you have to say it in caps, along with a space echo effect...) it's been free for a while now:

http://www.digital-eel.com/sais/

Direct download:

http://download.shra...is_v15_full.exe

In fact, they have a bunch of older free games (a couple are pretty decent):

http://www.shrapnelg...Free_Games.html

#1296 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

I bought this but now am having 2nd thoughts on it. I haven't used my key(s) yet, so if anybody would like the package, it's $4.

#1297 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

I may be missing something, but if you mean STRANGE ADVENTURES IN INFINITE SPACE (you have to say it in caps, along with a space echo effect...) it's been free for a while now:

http://www.digital-eel.com/sais/

Direct download:

http://download.shra...is_v15_full.exe

In fact, they have a bunch of older free games (a couple are pretty decent):

http://www.shrapnelg...Free_Games.html

thx! it's been a while since i visited DE's site so i could have missed it. great game there!

#1298 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Picked this up for Weird Worlds alone. I'll eventually try Containment and DJ.

With all of these Indie bundles, I now have a growing backlog of music as well.

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#1299 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I don't think you can purposely harm each other, but don't worry - you can fall into lava! :D

I

I'll just leave this here: portal guns :|

Can't tell you how many times I've been killed by teammates

#1300 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

2 new bonuses

Soup du Jour PC puzzle game
Data Jammers FastForward soundtrack

#1301 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

One of the best bundles in a while :O
Posted Image

#1302 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Anyone have an extra Dungeon Defenders key they are willing to part with?

Edit: Nevermind. I decided to bite even though I don't have the money lol.

Edited by cereal_killerxx, 05 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#1303 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Good bundle to me. Had dungeon defenders but other games are cool. I esp love the Weird Worlds....I can't tell you how times I spent playing Return to Infinite Space or whatever the prequel was called. It played quickly when I didn't have enough time for a bigger game.

#1304 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Id take DD off someones hands. Checked the Steam thread already too. Someone had one for 1-2 bucks but he must have sold it.

#1305 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Containment is the only game that I want from this one and I already have Dungeon Defenders... I think I may pass!

..unless someone already has Containment and gets this bundle... : P

I'm in the same boat.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1306 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

I guess they added a few new bonuses yesterday. Quoting from Indie Royale's twitter

Indie Royale ‏ @indieroyale

More new Bonuses! All May Hurray buyers get the "Dungeon Defenders" soundtrack and Digital Eel's column-stacking game "Big Box of Blox"

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that there wont be any Dungeon Defenders DLC added as bonuses.

Edited by The End, 08 May 2012 - 03:15 PM.
spelling

#1307 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Had a quick play of Brainpipe last night, but didn't feel particularly wowed by it. Will give it another chance soon so tee if it can keep itself out of the "Trashcan" subfolder.

Also had a dabble with Containment. S'alright. Not great, but s'alright.

Looking forward to having a dabble with Weird Worlds tonight though, that looks like it's right up my street.

I was able to gift DD to a friend which makes this bundle massively worthwhile to me. Overall it's definitely been one of the stronger ones.

#1308 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Looks like Indie Royale is back with the All-Charity lightning pack:

Osmos for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, linux, desura
B.U.T.T.O.N. for: steam (pc), windows, desura
The Shivah for: windows, desura
Blueberry Garden for: steam (pc), windows, desura

Current price is a bit over $4.

Please update OP.

#1309 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

hmm I bought it but after noticed the only game I really cared about wasn't on steam. Oh, well.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1310 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Bought. The three albums are all I'm really after, the games don't look like my cup of tea but it's for charidee, mate:

Posted Image

#1311 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

This one snuck up on me. At least it didn't happen this afternoon. I have a busy day and may not have seen it for many hours.

edit: Oh, and the Bundle in a Box Adventure Bundle launches on May 23rd. They accidentally leaked some details on that one a few weeks ago. I think I posted them in the Steam thread.

#1312 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Already own Osmos and Blueberry Garden, and no interest in the rest. Pass.
Posted Image

#1313 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Osmos has been in a bundle before, so I already have it. The other games don't seem interesting to me, might pass on this.

#1314 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Osmos has been in a bundle before, so I already have it. The other games don't seem interesting to me, might pass on this.

I'm passing. These are meh and i own osmos

#1315 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

hmm I bought it but after noticed the only game I really cared about wasn't on steam. Oh, well.

Was it The Shivah? That's the only one that really interested me and I already have Osmos so as much as I want to support charity this will get a pass from me.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1316 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Was it The Shivah? That's the only one that really interested me and I already have Osmos so as much as I want to support charity this will get a pass from me.

I remember hearing Jusin McElroy talk about it on a podcast a while back saying he enjoyed it but it was a bit non traditional. This is the info from Wikipedia. I guess its a Spiritual Precursor to the Blackwell Trilogy but I haven't played either so I'm not sure how much it correlates.

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/The_Shivah

Gameplay
A point-and-click adventure game, in The Shivah players assume the role of Rabbi Russell Stone, who is visited by the police and informed that a murdered ex-member of his dilapidated New York synagogue has bequeathed him a large sum of money. Puzzled that a man with whom he had fallen out many years before had given him money, Rabbi Stone sets out to clear his name and investigate the murder. This aspect of the game follows the "cleric as private investigator" theme of the Father Dowling mysteries.
Rabbi Stone begins by paying a Shivah visit to the widow of the murdered man and slowly uncovers a conspiracy and discovers who was behind the now multiple murders. The game also features a scene where two Rabbis fight with words, similar to the insult swordfighting of The Secret of Monkey Island. The Shivah's unique use of a Rabbi as protagonist and exploration of Jewish themes has garnered the game press[2][3] and reviews.[4][5][6][7][8][9]

Reception
Awards
In the AGS Awards for games from 2006, The Shivah won Best Dialogue writing[10] and Dave won the Lifetime Achievement Award. The Shivah came 2nd in Game Tunnel's Sound award for 2006[11] and 3rd in their Adventure/Quest Game of the Year awards.[12]

Future
A number of characters and names from the game have appeared in The Blackwell Legacy and its sequel.
Gilbert has stated that he is planning to release at least two sequels to The Shivah, but they are going to be made after the Blackwell series is completed.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1317 daminion

daminion

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

pass. these bundles are getting worse and worse.

#1318 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

That makes the game sound even better. On the one hand it is $4.99 on Desura, so it would still be cheaper on this bundle and it goes to charity. On the other hand, it might eventually go on sale on Desura and the money would go to the developer and help them develop the planned sequels.

Blueberry looks like a short pointless sort of game I would never really play more than once.

BUTTON requires multiple people/controllers attached to a computer and physical interaction. Doesn't look like something I would ever play either.

I might just wait on some sort of Desura sale for The Shivah.

I remember hearing Jusin McElroy talk about it on a podcast a while back saying he enjoyed it but it was a bit non traditional. This is the info from Wikipedia. I guess its a Spiritual Precursor to the Blackwell Trilogy but I haven't played either so I'm not sure how much it correlates.

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/The_Shivah

Gameplay
A point-and-click adventure game, in The Shivah players assume the role of Rabbi Russell Stone, who is visited by the police and informed that a murdered ex-member of his dilapidated New York synagogue has bequeathed him a large sum of money. Puzzled that a man with whom he had fallen out many years before had given him money, Rabbi Stone sets out to clear his name and investigate the murder. This aspect of the game follows the "cleric as private investigator" theme of the Father Dowling mysteries.
Rabbi Stone begins by paying a Shivah visit to the widow of the murdered man and slowly uncovers a conspiracy and discovers who was behind the now multiple murders. The game also features a scene where two Rabbis fight with words, similar to the insult swordfighting of The Secret of Monkey Island. The Shivah's unique use of a Rabbi as protagonist and exploration of Jewish themes has garnered the game press[2][3] and reviews.[4][5][6][7][8][9]

Reception
Awards
In the AGS Awards for games from 2006, The Shivah won Best Dialogue writing[10] and Dave won the Lifetime Achievement Award. The Shivah came 2nd in Game Tunnel's Sound award for 2006[11] and 3rd in their Adventure/Quest Game of the Year awards.[12]

Future
A number of characters and names from the game have appeared in The Blackwell Legacy and its sequel.
Gilbert has stated that he is planning to release at least two sequels to The Shivah, but they are going to be made after the Blackwell series is completed.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1319 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

One of these days I'll buy an Indie Royale bundle... one of these days... eh... probably not.

#1320 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

That makes the game sound even better. On the one hand it is $4.99 on Desura, so it would still be cheaper on this bundle and it goes to charity. On the other hand, it might eventually go on sale on Desura and the money would go to the developer and help them develop the planned sequels.

Blueberry looks like a short pointless sort of game I would never really play more than once.

BUTTON requires multiple people/controllers attached to a computer and physical interaction. Doesn't look like something I would ever play either.

I might just wait on some sort of Desura sale for The Shivah.

I agree with you on all counts, although personally I don't mind tossing them 4 bucks for this one.

IR has had some great headliners lately (Hard Reset, Defense Grid, Dungeon Defenders) but this is a pretty weak bundle unfortunately.
76561197996844513.png