Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Mixer 8 - Dr Who AGs, Galactic Arms Race, Oil Rush, QuestRun, Pressured, Infinity Wars, Gravity Badgers, Hexcells, Level 22

• Please log in to reply
5749 replies to this topic

#2731 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

Received this email from Indieroyale.com today.

maybe 1000 more buyers would help them. :bouncy:
Should I email him back and ask if they could add happy hours?
:-#

I stopped buying IR bundles after prebuy ended. It's only like a $1.50 difference, but that's difference enough for me not to buy.

#2732 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

I stopped buying IR bundles after prebuy ended. It's only like a $1.50 difference, but that's difference enough for me not to buy.

Same here. I'd buy them blindly, and often end up disappointed... but there was usually just enough in there (which I didn't already have and interested me) that I could justify paying the $4 for it... but not enough that I could justify $4.50 (or, in some cases, even $4.10.)

Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.74

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2733 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

They did away with the pre-orders because people were getting pissed after pre-ordering and discovering that they already owned some of the games in the bundle. All they need to do is bring back the pre-orders, but let people know what games are gonna be in the bundle. Problem solved.

Groupees almost always announces what games are gonna be in an upcoming bundle a day or two ahead of time. It seems to work for them. It can work for Indie Royale too. In fact, I think I'm gonna send them an email suggesting just that tomorrow.

Incidentally, anybody else surprised that they haven't revealed any of the bonus games yet? What the hell are thy waiting for? The bundle has sold well, but sales have stalled. Time to reveal the bonuses already.

#2734 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Or better yet! Set a minimum static price of $4.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2735 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Or better yet! Set a minimum static price of $4.

This.

The Indie Royale price model was weird when it came out and is weird still, but because of the rapid deterioration of their bundle quality it's changed from a reason to buy quickly into a reason not to buy at all.

#2736 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Guessing they make more money this way otherwise they'd change back. Not overly concerned as --excluding Telltale whose stuff I'm not particularly interested in -- they hit the bottom of the barrel a while ago in terms of the games/developers they get. In the year or so they've been doing them not once have I gone 'wow this one is a must buy.' Some made me think about it for a few minutes but ultimately I've never bought one.

#2737 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think the quality of the bundles has come secondary to the exclusivity. Take this bundle for example, I think it's a pretty solid bundle game-wise.

Cargo-Commander - fun puzzle platformer with lots of replayability.
Back to the Future - solid adventure with a big name franchise.
Dungeon Hearts - interesting enough match-three diversion.
Pid - well presented puzzler platformer (again).

On the face of it, that's about as good as you could look to get from IR. The problem then comes about that everybody has CC already and Pid was on IGS-which-nobody-bought-but-everybody-now-thinks-is-only-worth-a-dollar. It just loses that "must have" factor. Particularly when you can get solid Indie Gala bundles on happy hour for half the price.

Shame really. IR just hasn't been able to keep pace with the rest of the bundle scene.

#2738 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

They did away with the pre-orders because people were getting pissed after pre-ordering and discovering that they already owned some of the games in the bundle. All they need to do is bring back the pre-orders, but let people know what games are gonna be in the bundle. Problem solved.

Groupees almost always announces what games are gonna be in an upcoming bundle a day or two ahead of time. It seems to work for them. It can work for Indie Royale too. In fact, I think I'm gonna send them an email suggesting just that tomorrow.

Incidentally, anybody else surprised that they haven't revealed any of the bonus games yet? What the hell are thy waiting for? The bundle has sold well, but sales have stalled. Time to reveal the bonuses already.

I'm not surprised, they usually unlock bonuses on the last day, so I figured it'd be the same for mystery games. I agree that it's a stupid decision to wait so long though. No point in having mystery games if they're going to wait until the last minute to unlock them.

On the face of it, that's about as good as you could look to get from IR. The problem then comes about that everybody has CC already and Pid was on IGS-which-nobody-bought-but-everybody-now-thinks-is-only-worth-a-dollar. It just loses that "must have" factor. Particularly when you can get solid Indie Gala bundles on happy hour for half the price.

Shame really. IR just hasn't been able to keep pace with the rest of the bundle scene.

Wait.. what? Not sure if the bolded part is sarcasm, or what planet you're from that nobody bought Pid from IGS. It was their 2nd most popular deal, and I thought most CAGs bought it, which is why its so difficult to sell for a dollar now.

EDIT: Apparently the mystery games will be unlocked today

"@indieroyale

The other 3 games in The Lunar Bundle will be unlocked today http://$$$$$$$/indieroyale"

Edited by spoderman, 30 April 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#2739 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Played Dungeon Hearts from the bundle. It's hard as balls and I mean hard as balls. I mean if your thinking about buying it beware.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2740 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Wait.. what? Not sure if the bolded part is sarcasm, or what planet you're from that nobody bought Pid from IGS. It was their 2nd most popular deal, and I thought most CAGs bought it, which is why its so difficult to sell for a dollar now.

Crikey, really? The sentiment I took from the Steam thread seemed to indicate a wave of indifference, perhaps I misread :lol:

I seat corrected. Out of interest, any idea how many it sold? For comparisons sake.

#2741 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Crikey, really? The sentiment I took from the Steam thread seemed to indicate a wave of indifference, perhaps I misread :lol:

I seat corrected. Out of interest, any idea how many it sold? For comparisons sake.

You can see the sales numbers for Pid here:

https://indiegamestand.com/?saleId=62

Guns of Icarus Online was the only other IGS deal to outsell it.

and here are the stats for Guns of Icarus Online:

https://indiegamestand.com/?saleId=60

The average price for Pid was a bit weak because the bonuses were already included in the GOG key, so there was no good reason to beat the average.

#2742 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Played Dungeon Hearts from the bundle. It's hard as balls and I mean hard as balls. I mean if your thinking about buying it beware.

Thanks for the warning. That's pretty much the only game in the bundle that I'm interested in, so I'll just hold off anyway. Not like I play anything but DOTA2 lately anyway.

#2743 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Might have been my sediments. Also with the pace of bundling, I feel IGS (while a good deal) is generally better passed up since the same game will be bundled inside of a month.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2744 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Might have been my sediments. Also with the pace of bundling, I feel IGS (while a good deal) is generally better passed up since the same game will be bundled inside of a month.

So it was YOU!

*points overly dramatic angry finger*

I think that's what put me off too, tbh. Why buy now for a dollar if it'll be bundled soon? Hmmm.

It's not a bad game, by the way! Not amazing, but certainly not bad.

#2745 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

So it was YOU!

*points overly dramatic angry finger*

I think that's what put me off too, tbh. Why buy now for a dollar if it'll be bundled soon? Hmmm.

It's not a bad game, by the way! Not amazing, but certainly not bad.

TBH I was surprised that it would be bundled so quickly. I mean, I thought it might get Humble Bundled eventually but didn't expect it to be bundled so soon since it is a higher profile indie game. Probably the developers fault, I think they should've bundled it, or stuck with IGS.. but not both within a month. It seems like a lot of indie devs have no business sense. Putting games in multiple bundles in a short time span (Cognition, for example) or putting it on IGS then in a bundle shortly after isn't a very good idea..

Sure, it maximizes the amount of sales you'll get in the short-term, but it has a bad effect long-term.

#2746 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm quite narrow-sighted when it comes to indie games like Pid, but I noticed the other day that it's available on PSN (I think, maybe XBLA).

It could just be that the devs have been able to make a cheap port and are looking to make a quick buck on PC, with the majority share of their income coming from consoles. I dunno. I do wonder if any of these guys have any business sense at all :lol:

#2747 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm quite narrow-sighted when it comes to indie games like Pid, but I noticed the other day that it's available on PSN (I think, maybe XBLA).

It could just be that the devs have been able to make a cheap port and are looking to make a quick buck on PC, with the majority share of their income coming from consoles. I dunno. I do wonder if any of these guys have any business sense at all :lol:

It's the only game put out by a relatively new developer, Might and Delight. They're mostly made up of GRIN's Bionic Commando team. Now, GRIN did seem to fail because of some questionable businesses decisions, but I don't know how much this team would have had to do with that. BC and BC:R were arguably their best received games. In the case of Pid it might just be that with only one game they need to raise as much as they can from it to make their next game happen.

#2748 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

i just checked my indie royale page (Lunar Bundle) and got 3 more games:

1) The Sea Will Claim Everything
2) International Snooker
3) Micron

i'm speechless. just not my cup of tea, i suppose.

bright side: i didn't own any of them before this
76561198025510545.png

#2749 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Snooker? I hardly even know her.

#2750 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Snooker? I hardly even know her.

And I think we're done here.

#2751 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

LOL Snooker. I'm guessing The Sea Will Claim Everything is the best out of the 3 new games.. it was in Bundle in a Box though (I skipped that particular bundle).

#2752 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Not too bad - I've been wanting to play "The Sea Will Claim Everything" and I haven't played snooker on a computer since the 80s. Micron looks like Ichi (and works on Linux) so I think I'll enjoy that too. Overall, a good seven games for my $4 (even though I already owned the first two).

#2753 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Everybody joking about the inclusion of International Snooker is ignoring the fact the World Championships of Snooker are currently underway in Sheffield.

You won't be laughing when both diehard snooker fans buy this bundle. It's a genius marketing ploy from IR.

#2754 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Everybody joking about the inclusion of International Snooker is ignoring the fact the World Championships of Snooker are currently underway in Sheffield.

You won't be laughing when both diehard snooker fans buy this bundle. It's a genius marketing ploy from IR.

Good one.

That said, I'll likely play that Snooker game. I spent an awful lot of my GTA playing time playing pool.

#2755 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'm pleased with the International Snooker inclusion. I haven't played a computer version since the '80s either. It looks pretty slick. Also, honestly I like it because it's refreshing and different -- and not another middling indie platformer.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2756 RandyRoper

RandyRoper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Anyone want Cargo Commander from the newest Indie Royale? I'm only asking for $1.27 for it.

#2757 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

This.

The Indie Royale price model was weird when it came out and is weird still, but because of the rapid deterioration of their bundle quality it's changed from a reason to buy quickly into a reason not to buy at all.

Exactly why I've only bought two bundles in the last year (both around last October).

#2758 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

if anyone has a copy of dungeon hearts they're not going to redeem on steam, I'd pay $1 for it!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#2759 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

International Snooker has gotten some favorable reviews on GG. The main detraction is no-online play currently.

#2760 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

They've started tweeting again.. I would expect a new IR to go live today.

"The next bundle will be called The Mayhem Bundle http://$$$$$$$/indieroyale"