Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Parachute Bundle - Ground Pounders, Vangers, Burning Cars, 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, Super Trench Attack, STARTAG

• Please log in to reply
5821 replies to this topic

#1321 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Bought. The three albums are all I'm really after, the games don't look like my cup of tea but it's for charidee, mate:

Posted Image

Then you'll be a bit depressed to know if you clicked the link for the albums, 2 of them were free to download right from the link they posted, and the other is $3.

I will probably pass this bundle. $4 for Blueberry Gardens and BUTTON doesn't seem worth it. (I passed the last Humble joke, too)

#1322 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

One of these days I'll buy an Indie Royale bundle... one of these days... eh... probably not.

What's it going to take? Some of the Indie Royale bundles have been very good.

Here you go, Indie Royale Blizzard Bundle:

Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Warcraft 3
WOW

Bonus:
D2+EXP
SC+EXP

:lol:
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1323 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

I own Osmos so I think I am gonna pass on this one. Osmos is great though.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1324 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Well, most of the time I've already owned the 'headline' game and I haven't really been interested in the others. Last bundle I already owned DD and only sort of wanted that Zombie Containment game. The closest I ever came to buying one was the Hard Reset one but I just had zero interest in the other games and was only marginally interested in Hard Reset itself.

#1325 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well, most of the time I've already owned the 'headline' game and I haven't really been interested in the others. Last bundle I already owned DD and only sort of wanted that Zombie Containment game. The closest I ever came to buying one was the Hard Reset one but I just had zero interest in the other games and was only marginally interested in Hard Reset itself.

That bundle was worth it for Hard Reset alone, even if you had no interest in the other games.

#1326 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I agree with you on all counts, although personally I don't mind tossing them 4 bucks for this one.

IR has had some great headliners lately (Hard Reset, Defense Grid, Dungeon Defenders) but this is a pretty weak bundle unfortunately.

Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Warcraft 3
WOW

Bonus:
D2+EXP
SC+EXP

That bundle was worth it for Hard Reset alone, even if you had no interest in the other games.

I agree. To me IR is the premier bundle and their headliners have been great. Nuclear Dawn, Hard Reset, and Dino D-Day were all games I would have paid for on their own.

I usually don't mind chipping in something to charity even for so so to bad games (Mojam Bundle). I just think the starting price is sort of high for me here. I'd be willing to throw maybe 3 bucks their way. If I felt I could sell the Osmos and other steam keys I might have bitten, but I doubt I'd be able to even get a dollar for any of them.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1327 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

I usually don't mind chipping in something to charity even for so so to bad games (Mojam Bundle). I just think the starting price is sort of high for me here. I'd be willing to throw maybe 3 bucks their way. If I felt I could sell the Osmos and other steam keys I might have bitten, but I doubt I'd be able to even get a dollar for any of them.

Every time I think that a new bundle sounds lame I think about the Mojang bundle and then it doesn't seem so bad anymore. :-P

Agreed on the prices too. The entry prices for these bundles seem to keep creeping up. It's not a huge difference but enough to go from it's dirt cheap so insta-buy to really looking at the games and trying to figure out if I would play any of them. With most of the bundles I've been seeing latelty that answer is no.

steam_sig.png

#1328 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Eh, a buddy of mine gave me his Nuclear Dawn key from the bundle. I played it for about two hours and never went back. The multiplayer community is fairly small and I just find the game mechanics very compelling compared to other, more viable, online shooters. Sure, it's one step above something like Dino D-Day but that's not saying much.

Not saying the Royale bundles have been 'bad' just that they've personally never interested me greatly. I've never look at one and said 'oh man, insta-buy' as I have with a few of the HIBs (although granted they're getting worse and worse, too).

#1329 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

All of these Steam games will be $1 during the bi-annual giant Steam sale. Color me disappointed on this one.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1330 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

All of these Steam games will be $1 during the bi-annual giant Steam sale. Color me disappointed on this one.

I agree with this as well. With Amazon's Mayhem sale starting this week and the Steam Summer sale probably a month or so away, it makes it even harder to part with money unless the games are just great.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1331 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Bought. The three albums are all I'm really after, the games don't look like my cup of tea but it's for charidee, mate

Then you may be interested in this:

Indie All-Stars Music Bundle

#1332 Alexcalibur

Alexcalibur

The Regeneratin' Degenerate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

They are really testing my charity with this one...the only game even remotely interesting to me is Osmos, and I already own it from another bundle. If I buy this one it will be for charity - not the games.

#1333 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

anyone know if Osmos is better on PC or Ipad? I just played the demo on steam, and it's pretty awesome... but i could see it being even better on an Ipad... maybe. confirm or deny, please?

#1334 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

anyone know if Osmos is better on PC or Ipad? I just played the demo on steam, and it's pretty awesome... but i could see it being even better on an Ipad... maybe. confirm or deny, please?

Well I personally prefer Osmos on my Android tablet but I assume its much the same deal with the Ipad version. Personally I think the game works better with touch controls.

steam_sig.png

#1335 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

I might pick it up for Blueberry Garden.

http://www.crushfrag...ueberry-garden/

http://www.crushfrag...ueberry-garden/

I remember seeing these links awhile ago.

I don't know...that disasterpiece album is pretty fracking sweet. They should add FEZ.

#1336 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Warcraft 3
WOW

Bonus:
D2+EXP
SC+EXP

For around $5? What a ripoff!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1337 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

okay, picked up osmos. the game is awesome... till all of a sudden level design goes from extremely interesting and fun, to extremely difficult and massively annoying... and not a good kind of difficult.

like, seriously, some of the levels are just... excruciating. you can spend 10 minutes trying to carefully conserve your energy, make the smallest, tiniest mistake (which is quite easy to do, given your propulsion method) and ruin your game. it's amazing that a game that is so relaxing and fun early on just... nose dives into such... awfulness.

#1338 unless

unless

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

The later levels of Osmos literally require a working knowledge of gravitational physics to complete. I have never seen a game with such an insane difficulty curve. It's best to just enjoy the parts you can and resign yourself to never completing it.

#1339 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Already have Osmos. Would get Blueberry Garden, but not for more than a $1. Pass.

#1340 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

The later levels of Osmos literally require a working knowledge of gravitational physics to complete. I have never seen a game with such an insane difficulty curve. It's best to just enjoy the parts you can and resign yourself to never completing it.

absolutely. i think what really bothers me is there simply aren't enough levels for that sort of difficultly. that is, i'm perfectly fine with extremely difficult levels... i think you should push level design as far as you can, because some people will want it, so why not? but if you're going to do that, you need those extremely difficult levels to be balanced by a nice slow build up of quality fun levels... and i don't feel like that's there. it's like osmos decided to go from tutorial levels to 'easy/fun' levels, had a couple normal levels, skipped hard altogether and went right to impossible. i want another 50-100 levels in the middle.

#1341 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I went back to Towns (included in the Indie Royale Alpha Collection #1) after reading this RPS article about it; the latest patch added heroes to the game, which is what piqued my interest.

The game seems to have changed quite a bit from the rough build that came with the bundle - I seem to recall that all of the text was m a s s i v e l y s p a c e d o u t w h i c h m a d e e v e r y t h i n g h a r d t o r e a d - and I really enjoyed it. I only played some of the tutorials, and even then they don't walk you through it that well, but already I've got ideas on what I want to try when I build my town and so on.

I popped on, expecting to play for 5-10 minutes, checked the clock two hours later and realised it was 1am.

This game could be onto something.

#1342 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

the Graduation Bundle just went live

The Void - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Dead Pixels - for: windows, desura
The Ship - for: steam (pc)
1000 Amps - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
LaserCat - for: windows, desura

BONUS: AirMech for: steam (beta), windows, desura

#1343 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm in for The Ship. Haven't heard of the others, but some of them look promising. Nice!

#1344 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

When someone redeems their The Ship key please report if it gives you any giftable copies. Some versions of the game do this.

#1345 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

When someone redeems their The Ship key please report if it gives you any giftable copies. Some versions of the game do this.

I redeemed mine and it gave me 2 gifts of the "2-pack".

#1346 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I redeemed mine and it gave me 2 gifts of the "2-pack".

Thanks. I'll add it to the op.

#1347 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

bought it for airmech... played this at PAX East, was very fun!! Dead pixels is awesome also... have it on the 360. Not sure about the others, but laser cat looks interesting too!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#1348 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Dead Pixels and Lasercat are quite fun on 360

#1349 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

When you click on the listing for The Ship, there's a note that reads: "This Steam-only game comes with one key for yourself and two keys to give out to your friends, each of which have additional bonus keys attached."

#1350 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

When you click on the listing for The Ship, there's a note that reads: "This Steam-only game comes with one key for yourself and two keys to give out to your friends, each of which have additional bonus keys attached."

I didn't see the note when I clicked earlier. I'm sure they added the note on the front page because I copy/pasted it into the OP and it wasn't there.