Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Shoe Bundle - Stealth Bastard, Savant-Ascent, Mr Bree, Jack Lumber, Fly'n, Oozi, Akan the Kunoichi, Doomed'n'Damned

• Please log in to reply
5625 replies to this topic

#1141 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Dredmor's levels are bigger than a journalist's ego. It's nuts.

Just throwing that out there.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1142 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

I use steam as my main client, and just install any non-steam game to my 'games' folder and then add it to my steam client with the 'add non-steam game' option.

the only time i've run into problems doing this is when a game requires a batch file (rather than a .exe) to launch, but that's only been once or twice, and only with alphas/betas.

Yeah, but I don't generally keep them installed unless I'm playing them/getting ready to play them. I'm just looking at it from a convenience standpoint of not having to manage too many different sources for my uninstalled/yet-too-be-installed games. I've got games on Origin that are not available on Steam and just a handful of Amazon non-DRM games... everything else I've bought from other retailers have been simply Steam keys. I'm no fanatic... just reluctant to over-complicate my life.

#1143 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

I've hardly played any, the only one that I've really spent time on was Dungeons of Dredmor and that felt a little too "deep" for me. HSL seems simple enough for a roguelike-noob like me.

I've so far unlocked two new characters (they're unlocked by dying lots or competing quests (which I haven't done yet)) and both seem to be a bit easier to play with. Eg. The "Amazon" class starts with no armour but instead has a bow that occasionally leeches life or levels up with your archery skill.

Is there a demo? I don't want to oversell it, but it's just scratching my particular itch. Typical Marmite game :lol:

You should give Desktop Dungeons a try. The alpha/beta version is still free, if I remember correctly, and that's the one I played. They've released or are about to release a super-pretty version, completely updated... but the free version works as a solid start.

I recommend this because it's a deep rougelike without the depth. Each dungeon is only one level, and it's all about trying to figure out how to beat each of these levels with the tons of different character classes. End result, is each 'game' is pretty short, and the starting classes/dungeons are pretty easy, so by the time you're trying to beat a hard level with a meek character class you have a good sense of how everything works.

Even though it's completely different in structure from any rougelike i've ever played, i think it might well be the best introduction to them, since you'll never, ever have to suffer through the experience of having a character you spent 20 hours on die a quick, sudden, stupid death.

#1144 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

You should give Desktop Dungeons a try. The alpha/beta version is still free, if I remember correctly, and that's the one I played. They've released or are about to release a super-pretty version, completely updated... but the free version works as a solid start.

I recommend this because it's a deep rougelike without the depth. Each dungeon is only one level, and it's all about trying to figure out how to beat each of these levels with the tons of different character classes. End result, is each 'game' is pretty short, and the starting classes/dungeons are pretty easy, so by the time you're trying to beat a hard level with a meek character class you have a good sense of how everything works.

Even though it's completely different in structure from any rougelike i've ever played, i think it might well be the best introduction to them, since you'll never, ever have to suffer through the experience of having a character you spent 20 hours on die a quick, sudden, stupid death.

I haven't tried Desktop Dungeons but after reading this I think I might.

Thanks for the heads-up! :D

#1145 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, Hack, Slash, Loot is a pass. Played it for about 45 minutes, died a zillion times. Not that I really enjoy roguelikes. But I try. I try.

Which reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, The Busboy.

GEORGE: Why do I get pesto? Why do I think I'll like it? I keep trying to like it, like I have to like it.
JERRY: Who said you have to like it?
GEORGE: Everybody likes pesto. You walk into a restaurant, that's all you hear - pesto, pesto, pesto.

#1146 Spyky

Spyky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bought just for Hack Slash Loot, with Defense Grid as a bonus..

But the thing I enjoyed most from this bundle is..
..The music album.

Seriously great album there.

#1147 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Bought. Only tried Explodemon so far and am pleasantly surprised. Tortured myself by looking at previous bundles and am now kicking myself for not seeing them when they were on. Really would have liked the first, Zeno Clash, and Serious Sam ones. Oh well.

#1148 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

So apparently Indie Royale is doing away with Pre-ordereing. I took this from the indie bundle topic on SPUF. The poster apparently got it from IR's facebook page.

"No more guessing! Indie Royale is doing away with pre-orders. Check regularly at http://www.indieroyale.com/ to make sure you’re there when a new bundle of games drops. Remember: the earlier you buy, the cheaper your bundle will be. The free bonus album will be available to those who pay more than $5. Also don’t forget to sign up for the Indie Royale newsletter http://www.indieroyale.com/#newsletter so you’re the first one to know when a bundle launches."

If I had to guess, I'd say that this is because of complaints from people who pre-ordered and then learned that the bundle contained a game that they already owned. I personally only pre-ordered once (this last one, because I knew what was in it), but I'll be sorry to see it go. The more people who pre-ordered, the less competition there was to get the bundle as it went live.

#1149 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

I've just read that update on their FB wall. I don't really know how I feel about it to be honest.

I like that they insist on $5 minimum for the music album though as that's my standard buying price :D

#1150 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Well all I can say is they better be ready for the server hit when those bundles go live if there were no pre-orders. The thing I like about pre-ordering is to not ever have to worry about any of that nonsense. Now we are back to that again.

Anyway, there were always leaks about the bundles so it was pretty much the worst kept secret. There wasn't much guessing at all if you snooped around a bit.

#1151 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Wow, I actually pre-ordered at least two bundles from these guys and was never disappointed. I guess the difference between 3.99 and 4.70 or so isn't crazy but it will be a hassle worrying about trying to get in early on the bundles.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1152 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Wow, I actually pre-ordered at least two bundles from these guys and was never disappointed. I guess the difference between 3.99 and 4.70 or so isn't crazy but it will be a hassle worrying about trying to get in early on the bundles.

Yeah.. I hate it when I can't get the lowest price possible for these bundles so I started preordering when they changed the minimum preorder price to the launch prices for the bundles. Since then, I haven't been disappointed, but I'll probably be paying a bit more now that they won't be taking preorders.

#1153 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

That's lame. I just hope they have their shit together when it launches.

MARS

#1154 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

I forget which games I have and don't' have.

Does anyone know if Survivors of Ragnarök has been in any bundles?
Why is it that I feel like I've heard about this game before?

For anyone who's drowning in their bundles....here's a pretty sweet wiki. Now which game was that bundle in again?

http://indiegamebund...ame_Bundle_Wiki

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 14 April 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#1155 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

I forget which games I have and don't' have.

Does anyone know if Survivors of Ragnarök has been in any bundles?
Why is it that I feel like I've heard about this game before?

Survivors of Ragnarok has not been included in a bundle.

MARS

#1156 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Thanks! Looked kinda neat.

The game I REALLY want though in a bundle is Project Zomboid.
Oh and King Arthur's Gold.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 16 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#1157 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Since I usually end up buying these for the music and then take whatever the games are revealed to be as a bonus, I'm annoyed by the new $5 threshold to get the music as well as the games. I guess it doesn't matter to anyone who doesn't care for the music, but to me, this is another base price increase: First $3, then $4, now $5.

On the plus side, I'd figure that the people wanting to pay the extra dollar for the music, as well as those kicking in the extra fraction of a dollar to get there when the price gets close to $5 anyway, there's a good chance of the minimum price hovering in the mid $4.50 range rather than shooting up a full dollar or more in the hours following the launch.

#1158 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

I guess the difference between 3.99 and 4.70 or so isn't crazy but it will be a hassle worrying about trying to get in early on the bundles.

This is basically how I feel. Although the prices have rarely exceeded $5 over the long haul (maybe for an occasional spurt of a few hours). That said, I've still yet to buy one to date... here's hoping the Spring Bundle actually has stuff I want.

#1159 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

It's not the price that annoys me, it's the fact that the last time they did not do preorders, their site crashed for a good portion of that day. I don't want that to happen again.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1160 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone know what King Arthur's Gold and Project Zomboid started selling at?

King Arthur is currently 9.99$ and Zomboid is 7.99$. Were they lower?
I remember I got on the minecraft train late and I was kinda torqued.
Has Unepic ever been on sale?

I guess in general is there a price tracker for Desura and/or indie games?

I'll take my question somewhere else. These games aren't indieroyale, its just that I'm interested in them.
I don't want to confuse things.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 16 April 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#1161 midloo

midloo

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Does anyone know what King Arthur's Gold and Project Zomboid started selling at?

King Arthur is currently 9.99$ and Zomboid is 7.99$. Were they lower?
I remember I got on the minecraft train late and I was kinda torqued.

King Arthur was never lower for as long as I've been watching it. It's a lot of fun!
Posted Image

#1162 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

The new bundle is live now,

Unstoppable Gorg (Steam/Desura/Installer)
Depths of Peril (Steam/Desura/Installer)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Steam/Desura) + Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC)

Inferno+ (Desura/Installer)
Slydris (Desura/Installer)
Ballistic (Desura/Installer)

Only a handful of purchases so far.

#1163 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Nice! Thanks for the heads up! Got it for my typical $5.00

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1164 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

What's desura?

#1165 Chariblaze

Chariblaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

What's necessary to get the album, $5 or $5.01?

#1166 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

I have no idea what those Steam-enabled games are, but I love me some Radiangames. In for a bundle.

decker%2001.jpg

#1167 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

What's desura?

It's a service similar to Steam but with an indie/mod focus. The people who run it do this bundle which is why all games are always on Desura.

#1168 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Damnit, didn't see the bonus chiptune album.

Is there any way to "increase" your purchase price, like you can with Humble Bundle purchases?

I paid the bottom price (I usually blind pre-order) so won't have paid enough to get it by default :cry:

#1169 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

this is a great bundle! The three games from radiangames (not big on slydris) make it worth it on it's own!! Was looking to pick up depths of peril anyway, $4 for those 3 games, plus the other are just a bonus IMHO.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#1170 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Unstoppable Gorg is really the only strong want, but that might be worth enough to pay $5 for this one.
Posted Image