Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Shoe Bundle - Stealth Bastard, Savant-Ascent, Mr Bree, Jack Lumber, Fly'n, Oozi, Akan the Kunoichi, Doomed'n'Damned

• Please log in to reply
5635 replies to this topic

#2671 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I was just looking at that - I think they are the kind of games where Desura just resells Steam keys. They won't be available for DRM-free download directly from Desura as far as I can see.

Oh, it never even occurred to me that they might be steamworks games. Guess I won't hold my breath on them ending up on Desura then.

Thanks for the reply.

#2672 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Sweet thanks for these posts... bought the bundle for BttF and the other stuff is ok too, I guess. Hooray!
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#2673 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Nice. This is the first Indie Royale bundle that I've bought.

#2674 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Woo don't own any of them. Insta-buy.

76561197971332172.png

#2675 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

BTTF..love the atmosphere but I didn't enjoy the puzzles. Normally I would rebuy a telltale or point n click adventure title (beat it on ps3), but I won't in this case.

How are the other titles included (don't care about Steam keys)

#2676 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

If you include the two repeat bundles, this is the 40th Indie Royale bundle. With my purchase of this bundle, I've now bought 35 bundles. I went to check and see what the bonus was for 35 bundles, and there's nothing there. I'm obviously not the first person to hit 35, so it's not like they got caught off guard and they don't have the page updated yet. So I guess there just isn't any bonuses beyond 30 bundles.

#2677 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

BTTF..love the atmosphere but I didn't enjoy the puzzles. Normally I would rebuy a telltale or point n click adventure title (beat it on ps3), but I won't in this case.

I had the same issue, especially as the series progressed. I love Back to the Future, but by episodes 4 and 5 I was just clicking buttons to progress the story. I got the sense that the design team was pressed for time because the puzzles thinned out both in quality and number.

#2678 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Aaaand an hour later it's $5.53 $5.60 minimum.

I know I bitch about this constantly but I really hate that 'You could have gotten it cheaper too bad, too sad' aspect of IR. :bomb:

steam_sig.png

#2679 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I have everything but dungeon hearts. Hopefully the bonus games are ones I dot care about so I don't feel bad about passing.

#2680 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

I know I bitch about this constantly but I really hate that 'You could have gotten it cheaper too bad, too sad' aspect of IR. :bomb:

I agree. It's always weird to me when a company adopts a business model that involves making customers feel disappointed or like they missed out. The same goes for retailer specific pre-order bonuses.

#2681 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I know you probably still have me on ignore but.. Twitter text alerts = never miss an IR at $3.99 again. I used to be annoyed by their business model, but if you enable text alerts, it's hard to miss the minimum price. They always tweet a few times before their bundles launch.

#2682 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

I know you probably still have me on ignore but.. Twitter text alerts = never miss an IR at $3.99 again. I used to be annoyed by their business model, but if you enable text alerts, it's hard to miss the minimum price. They always tweet a few times before their bundles launch.

I just hang around here a lot, though I was able to get the last one for $4.50ish without being on CAG too much last week.

It's an odd business model and done just so they can claim to be different. It's just weird though, they want me to pay more so others can pay less, doesn't make sense at all.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2683 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Bought a copy for my wife. Grabbed it at $5.21

We both love BttF movies, and I bought the game on the last steam sale. She saw it and liked it (she loves adventure games)

#2684 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

I usually do check when I know an IR is incoming or overdue but I had my head buried in work today for a bit. I'll have to setup Twitter notifications to my phone or something I guess but I need to make a separate Twitter account that just follows IR and nothing else because I don't want a bunch of other junk.

Maybe I'll see if there's a way I can do an RSS feed or something that would email me when they post to twitter or pop a box up on my work PC or something.

Seems like a lot of effort to go to though when they could just let people pay what they want starting at $4. *shrug*

steam_sig.png

#2685 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

I just hang around here a lot, though I was able to get the last one for $4.50ish without being on CAG too much last week.

It's an odd business model and done just so they can claim to be different. It's just weird though, they want me to pay more so others can pay less, doesn't make sense at all.

Yeah, I would imagine the people paying more are doing it to support the devs.. why would they pay more so you can pay less LOL.

#2686 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

mmh I already own everything except for Dungeon Hearts, which looks interesting but its definitely not worth the bundle price by itself. I will wait to see what the bonuses are maybe something interesting will pop up and convince me to buy the bundle.

AnQAzfm.png

#2687 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Bought it for Back to the Future, I played Chapter 1 for free, have been waiting for a nice deal like this.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2688 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Had to gift dungeon hearts to my wife too. She liked the concept.

#2689 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I usually do check when I know an IR is incoming or overdue but I had my head buried in work today for a bit. I'll have to setup Twitter notifications to my phone or something I guess but I need to make a separate Twitter account that just follows IR and nothing else because I don't want a bunch of other junk.

Seems like a lot of effort to go to though when they could just let people pay what they want starting at $4. *shrug*

This! (and your prior post).

I also feel that their aggravating pricing model is the cause of a lot of hostility toward IR (myself included). I'd also gripe that they let their prices rise way too fast (compare/contrast IR first-hour to HIB-BTA first day). Also IR doesn't drop in price appreciably over the course of the sale (whereas HIB-BTA & IG prices fluctuate up and down).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2690 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Got Pid from IGS.

Own BTTF on GOG already.

Pass, unless the mystery games are ones I want.

#2691 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

I also feel that their aggravating pricing model is the cause of a lot of hostility toward IR (myself included). I'd also gripe that they let their prices rise way too fast (compare/contrast IR first-hour to HIB-BTA first day). Also IR doesn't drop in price appreciably over the course of the sale (whereas HIB-BTA & IG prices fluctuate up and down).

Eh, I have to disagree about HIB. Once that BTA shoots up to a certain level it never comes down. Yes, it could technically come down, but then you have Notch and other jackasses run in and donate a million dollars.

And then with IG you have them manipulating the price manually during HH if it goes too low for their taste.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2692 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Humble Bundles don't fluctuate much after they get to $5. They're actually very similar to Indie Royale, they barely drop any after that point. The Humble Weekly deals tend to be lower priced though, but even those don't really fluctuate much.

Indie Gala is kind of hard to compare, if you're serious about getting the cheapest price, you can almost always join in a happy hour group buy and get a full bundle for $1.50-1.80.

EDIT: Damnit, Fox ninjas me and makes me look stooooooooooooopid.

#2693 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Only interested in Dungeon Hearts and Cargo Commander -- can get those cheaper in individual sales. I'll wait and see what the other unlocks are.

#2694 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Only interested in Dungeon Hearts and Cargo Commander -- can get those cheaper in individual sales.

Cargo Commander especially if you don't mind dealing with traders.
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.50).

#2695 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Already gotten offers! But yeah doesn't strike me as a game in short supply. I'll just wait and see if they add some other stuff I'm interested in.

#2696 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Got in at $5.52 and was excited because I only had Cargo Commander. As it turns out, I also had pid, but forgot about it. Oh well, it's still worth the price for Back to the Future alone.

#2697 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Got in at $5.52 and was excited because I only had Cargo Commander. As it turns out, I also had pid, but forgot about it. Oh well, it's still worth the price for Back to the Future alone.

Agreed. Unfortunately, I've also finished BTTF and I own Cargo Commander, so no real need for this bundle for me.
Posted Image

#2698 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Swapped a key for Cargo Commander (thanks Izod) -- figured the 'unknown' games probably won't be anything amazing unless they've radically altered their marketing tactics. Which they very well might have as I'm thinking the bundle with Monday Night Combat probably flopped hard. Overall it's a pretty solid deal but I'm just not that high on Adventure games anymore, especially Telltale's.

#2699 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yay Mooby!

#2700 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

Dungeon Hearts is my only want...if bonus games are no good I'll likely just pick it up during a steam sale or something(It's already extremely cheap). Have the rest already!