Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Topware Bundle - Dream Pinball, Planets Under Attack, Earth 2140, Enclave, X-Blades, more

• Please log in to reply
5711 replies to this topic

#2011 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Oh, wow, really? I checked on the site and you're right, it's the same key for all Desura games in the bundle, talk about ignorance... but, how come do they manage to retrieve Steam keys too? Does Desura give out keys for other DD platforms (if available) when you buy a game on it? :cold:

It attaches the bundle to the person's Desura account. They can then claim keys via the Desura site or through their IndieRoyale collection page.

#2012 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Oh, wow, really? I checked on the site and you're right, it's the same key for all Desura games in the bundle, talk about ignorance... but, how come do they manage to retrieve Steam keys too? Does Desura give out keys for other DD platforms (if available) when you buy a game on it? :cold:

Have you redeemed the steam keys yet? Because I don't want to explain it in an open forum and possibly also explain it to whoever redeemed the Desura key.

Edit: lol well Detruire kinda explained it. Hope you redeemed your steam keys.

#2013 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Have you redeemed the steam keys yet? Because I don't want to explain it in an open forum and possibly also explain it to whoever redeemed the Desura key.

Yeah, I made sure to redeem them before giving out the "Pitfall" keys, but I also gifted my Elysium key and I truly hope that shivan128 redeemed it before my clueless post... thank you for the explanation, Detruire, next time I'll be more careful...! :-#
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#2014 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

FWIW, I just realized this morning that the reason I kept having to generate new passwords for my Desura and Indie Royale accounts is that I was changing one and then having to change the other one without realizing that they are, in fact, the same account.

Maybe my dumbassery will help someone avoid the same mistake in the future.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2015 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I like the look of Hamlet....but yeah nothing else here excites me, esp since I already have runner and greed corp. Passing for sure.

#2016 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

FWIW, I just realized this morning that the reason I kept having to generate new passwords for my Desura and Indie Royale accounts is that I was changing one and then having to change the other one without realizing that they are, in fact, the same account.

Maybe my dumbassery will help someone avoid the same mistake in the future.

The same thing ALMOST happened to me. Cept I was pissed at not being able to change my IR password so I emailed support and they were like "it's your desura password, change it there dummy" but in much nicer words.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2017 Wheeliedude

Wheeliedude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Dull bundle. Pass.

#2018 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Just got it... seems like an ok bundle. Just one question; my Conquest of Elysium 3 steam key seems really weird. It's numbers only, 5 sets of numbers with 5 digits in the first set, 4 numbers in the middle 3 sets, and the last set only has 3 numbers. It looks something like this: 12345-1234-1234-1234-123. I don't want to activate it yet as I might not keep it, so I was just wondering if that's a legit Steam key.

#2019 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

think I need to pass. already own bit-trip.runner... THEY BREATHE looks interesting though...

#2020 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just got it... seems like an ok bundle. Just one question; my Conquest of Elysium 3 steam key seems really weird. It's numbers only, 5 sets of numbers with 5 digits in the first set, 4 numbers in the middle 3 sets, and the last set only has 3 numbers. It looks something like this: 12345-1234-1234-1234-123. I don't want to activate it yet as I might not keep it, so I was just wondering if that's a legit Steam key.

It's a CD key. Steam lets CD keys from several different games activate on Steam.

The Steam activation appears to be rather new for this game:
http://steamcommunit...64057653443808/

Here's a list of games that have CD keys that can be activated on Steam:
https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

#2021 Schildkrote

Schildkrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Meh, this bundle's a miss. Not really interested in any of it, and at least a couple of the games (Greed Corp and Bit Trip) are actually pretty terrible. Hopefully the next one's better.

Also lollin' at the terrible-looking Cafepress rewards for the top purchaser. Makes me think they knew this bundle wasn't up to par.

#2022 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

It's a CD key. Steam lets CD keys from several different games activate on Steam.

The Steam activation appears to be rather new for this game:
http://steamcommunit...64057653443808/

Here's a list of games that have CD keys that can be activated on Steam:
https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

Ok, that explains it. Thanks for the info!

#2023 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Meh, this bundle's a miss. Not really interested in any of it, and at least a couple of the games (Greed Corp and Bit Trip) are actually pretty terrible. Hopefully the next one's better.

Also lollin' at the terrible-looking Cafepress rewards for the top purchaser. Makes me think they knew this bundle wasn't up to par.

I didn't really like Bit Trip, but I guess I can see how some people might like it. I gotta agree with you on Greed Corp though. It sucks. I was so excited to get to play that too. It was in one of the early indie gala bundles (I think the second one) and it was the main reason that I bought that bundle. What a disappointment.

#2024 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, Hamlet is the only one I have an interest in, and it would be best to wait for it to go on sale. So, pass.
Posted Image

#2025 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

It attaches the bundle to the person's Desura account.

And attaches the bundle to the person's IndieRoyale collection. Effectively, the Desura key is the bundle.

#2026 Schildkrote

Schildkrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I didn't really like Bit Trip, but I guess I can see how some people might like it. I gotta agree with you on Greed Corp though. It sucks. I was so excited to get to play that too. It was in one of the early indie gala bundles (I think the second one) and it was the main reason that I bought that bundle. What a disappointment.

Yeah, I mention those two because they're what I've played from this set. Didn't care for them at all - Greed Corp is, well, you already know, and Bit Trip struck me as something you'd have gotten for free on Newgrounds before indie gaming became trendy.

#2027 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I didn't find Greed Corp terrible, but it is one of the rare games on Steam I gave up on. I dig the aesthetic, but not enough polish.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2028 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I want Hamlet bad, but nothing else. It's funny, I'm actually reading Hamlet at the moment and moved the game up to the 2nd spot in my wishlist. I figured there's no better time to play it. :D

Edit: Well, a buddy gifted me the game. Guess I should finish reading the play pronto. :grouphug:

Edited by utopianmachine, 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#2029 RandyRoper

RandyRoper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Anyone have a spare Hamlet or Conquest of Elysium 3?

I have a few games and stuff for trade, send me a PM and let's talk.

#2030 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I want Hamlet bad, but nothing else. It's funny, I'm actually reading Hamlet at the moment and moved the game up to the 2nd spot in my wishlist. I figured there's no better time to play it. :D

Edit: Well, a buddy gifted me the game. Guess I should finish reading the play pronto. :grouphug:

You should probably watch the movie about the sequel, too.

#2031 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I didn't find Greed Corp terrible, but it is one of the rare games on Steam I gave up on. I dig the aesthetic, but not enough polish.

I really enjoyed Greed Corp. Yes, it could have done with a bit more overall polish, but I still enjoy playing it from time to time.

And attaches the bundle to the person's IndieRoyale collection.

I did mention that in the part of my post that you didn't quote. ;)

#2032 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

You should probably watch the movie about the sequel, too.

Maybe, but she should definitely watch this.

#2033 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

have to agree here, im passing this time. feels like some sloppy foreplay before the REAL bundles start rolling out.

#2034 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

have to agree here, im passing this time. feels like some sloppy foreplay before the REAL bundles start rolling out.

Exactly, I feel like their saving the good games for the Xmas bundle.

#2035 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Maybe, but she should definitely watch this.

Ehhh.

There is a reason that most productions don't do Hamlet uncut. It's a very long play in its entirety. If you aren't a Shakespeare or drama buff, Branagh's Hamlet probably overstays its welcome. I loved it, but I've also read most every Shakespeare play and a number of other dramatic works of that and other periods. For a more general audience, I'd recommend Gibson's Hamlet, even with the unfortunate circumstance of Gibson playing Hamlet--the other roles are quite well cast.

Edited by gilby, 05 December 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#2036 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Does anyone have Indie Royale show up in Euro even though you are in the US? When I first click on the link it is dollars but I go away or click to buy and it goes back to euro.
Nevermind figured it out.

Edited by headpiece747, 05 December 2012 - 02:52 AM.

bwsuserbarnu0.jpg
esuserbarty3.jpg
espuserbarly2.jpg
fs.png

#2037 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Ehhh.

There is a reason that most productions don't do Hamlet uncut. It's a very long play in its entirety. If you aren't a Shakespeare or drama buff, Branagh's Hamlet probably overstays its welcome. I loved it, but I've also read most every Shakespeare play and a number of other dramatic works of that and other periods. For a more general audience, I'd recommend Gibson's Hamlet, even with the unfortunate circumstance of Gibson playing Hamlet--the other roles are quite well cast.

Well, of all of the film productions I've seen, Branagh's was simply the best. My wife couldn't sit through it, so I guess I see your point, but it really had everything (except Emma Thompson, :cry:): the visuals, especially the "hall of mirrors" in the classic "get thee to a nunnery" scene, the wide range of amazing talent (including Charlton Heston's fantastic turn as the Player King), and the stunning locations. I like Olivier's Hamlet, too, but not as much. I surprise many people when I tell them that I actually enjoyed the Zeffirelli production. Zeffirelli made the definitive Romeo and Juliet and his Hamlet is actually decent. Mel Gibson does a great job with the character, investing the Dane with passion where needed and subtlety where appropriate, although I personally find that the film cuts too much great material to fit its 90-minute runtime.

It is a long play, though. Poor Richard Burbage. Will must have had a good laugh about that.

#2038 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Well, of all of the film productions I've seen, Branagh's was simply the best.

Of course. My point still stands, though.

the wide range of amazing talent (including Charlton Heston's fantastic turn as the Player King),

Probably the single most amazing thing about that production. That role is generally a throwaway. This production had Charlton Fucking Heston playing it.

Mel Gibson does a great job with the character, investing the Dane with passion where needed and subtlety where appropriate, although I personally find that the film cuts too much great material to fit its 90-minute runtime.

It has enough to hold together. Again, most stage productions of Hamlet are somewhat shortened as well. Maybe not to that extent, but shortened nonetheless.

Speaking of shortened, the small amount of actual play in Searching for Richard is by far my favorite example of a movie version of that particular play. That said, I quite enjoy tangential takes on source material like that movie or Vanya on 42nd Street.

Edited by gilby, 05 December 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#2039 Dr. RoXo

Dr. RoXo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention this but does this come with separate steam keys, or just 1 like a lot of bundle are doing these days. Royale usually does separate keys but i'm curious if they changed it for this one or not.
Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em!
http://steamcommunit...ieBundleTracker

#2040 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention this but does this come with separate steam keys, or just 1 like a lot of bundle are doing these days. Royale usually does separate keys but i'm curious if they changed it for this one or not.

Separate Steam keys, although like all Indie Royales, it has one Desura key for all items.

I've only ever seen the Humble Indie Bundle do a group steam key, and even then the bonuses may be separate keys. Indie Gala, Groupees, Bundle In A Box, IndieFort, etc have all been individual keys. Is there some bundle I'm missing out on?