Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Indie Royale - Topware Bundle - Dream Pinball, Planets Under Attack, Earth 2140, Enclave, X-Blades, more

• Please log in to reply
5711 replies to this topic

#2791 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Indie Royale has really gone down the tubes.

#2792 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Already above $5. Only really want Lucius, and already own Burn Zombie Burn (Garbage, didn't work, abandoned by developers long ago) and Droplitz (good). I'll probably post in the trade thread.

Sent you a PM.

#2793 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

I don't have Burn Zombie Burn or Primal Fear, but those two should be cheaper on a Steam sale then this bundle is now. If anyone's looking to get rid of those two, though, let me know.

#2794 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Didn't own any of the games and I've always been interested in Lucius so I jumped on this one.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2795 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

There's a poll for the Chosen Bundle 2. You have a choice between The Really Big Bundle or The New Years Bundle.

link

The Really Big Bundle
  • Really Big Sky - Windows, Desura, Steam - Bonus: Soundtrack
  • Runespell: Overture - Windows, Mac, Desura, Steam
  • Cthulhu Saves the World - Windows, Desura, Steam
  • Eufloria - Windows, Desura, Steam - Bonus: Soundtrack
  • Breath of Death VII - Windows, Desura, Steam

The New Years Bundle
  • Nuclear Dawn - Steam (Win & Mac)
  • Max & The Magic Marker - Direct Download (Win & Mac), Desura, Steam (Win & Mac) - Bonus: Soundtrack
  • Fractal - Direct Download (Win & Mac), Desura, Steam (Win & Mac) - Bonus: Fractal mini-EP & Pulse Soundtrack
  • Super Crossfire - Direct Download (Win & Mac), Desura - Bonus: Soundtrack & Fun With Swarms software toy (tech demo)

#2796 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Meh.. those don't seem like very good choices.

#2797 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

There's a poll for the Chosen Bundle 2. You have a choice between The Really Big Bundle or The New Years Bundle.

link

The Really Big Bundle

• Really Big Sky - Windows, Desura, Steam - Bonus: Soundtrack
  • Runespell: Overture - Windows, Mac, Desura, Steam
  • Cthulhu Saves the World - Windows, Desura, Steam
  • Eufloria - Windows, Desura, Steam - Bonus: Soundtrack
  • Breath of Death VII - Windows, Desura, Steam

The New Years Bundle
  • Nuclear Dawn - Steam (Win & Mac)
  • Max & The Magic Marker - Direct Download (Win & Mac), Desura, Steam (Win & Mac) - Bonus: Soundtrack
  • Fractal - Direct Download (Win & Mac), Desura, Steam (Win & Mac) - Bonus: Fractal mini-EP & Pulse Soundtrack
  • Super Crossfire - Direct Download (Win & Mac), Desura - Bonus: Soundtrack & Fun With Swarms software toy (tech demo)

I already own both bundles, so I don't care. Does anybody out there want me to vote for either one?

Also, it looks like the Mystery game has been revealed. Ironclads: Anthology (Steam Key). Boo to that.

#2798 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

I already own both bundles, so I don't care. Does anybody out there want me to vote for either one?

Also, it looks like the Mystery game has been revealed. Ironclads: Anthology (Steam Key). Boo to that.

New Years. Max and the Magic Marker never goes on sale.

#2799 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

New Years. Max and the Magic Marker never goes on sale.

Done.

#2800 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Same here. I already own all of the early IR bundles that I have any interest in - someone wake me when they're going to repeat the bundles around the time of the Unepic one.

Is Anthology different to the Collection that was in IG? Regardless, that is a really disappointing addition - I'd much rather it have been something random from Desura.
Selling Steam keys: Murder Miners $0.40, Guacamelee! Gold Edition (Cards) $0.30, Puddle (Cards) $0.40Kill Fun Yeah $0.40 (Or $1.38)

#2801 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I own all of the Really Big Bundle... Really Big Sky is a quite fun shump.

The second bundle doesn't have enough appeal for IR pricing.

I think I'll vote an apathetic: Fuck IR
lol

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2802 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Is Anthology different to the Collection that was in IG? Regardless, that is a really disappointing addition - I'd much rather it have been something random from Desura.

Nope. Not any different lol.

#2803 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

I own all of the Really Big Bundle... Really Big Sky is a quite fun shump.

The second bundle doesn't have enough appeal for IR pricing.

Actually, given that Max and the Magic Marker was $5 in Dec 2010 and hasn't been under $20 since, I'd say the second bundle has some decent appeal even in the $5+ range that IR bundles hover around.

#2804 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Actually, given that Max and the Magic Marker was $5 in Dec 2010 and hasn't been under $20 since, I'd say the second bundle has some decent appeal even in the $5+ range that IR bundles hover around.

In Dec 2010 Steam had Max in a bundle with 4 other indie games for $5 total - Max wasn't $5 by itself:

Indie Kids Pack: 4.99 USD

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Delve Deeper
Max and the Magic Marker
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Toki Tori

I've played most of the game, and it's good but not great - I don't think it's worth voting for the IR bundle just for this game.

#2805 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

That reminds me.. the bundle should launch at $2.99 (New Years bundle launched with the old minimum price). So it makes the deal better if you try to get in at the minimum. Probably worth it for Max and the Magic Marker at that price.

#2806 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

meh, IR is basically dead to me, and neither of those are particularly apealling. If they had a $1 tier like virtually every other indie bundle, I might buy in, but for $3-$5+, no thanks.

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#2807 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

In Dec 2010 Steam had Max in a bundle with 4 other indie games for $5 total - Max wasn't $5 by itself:

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Delve Deeper
Max and the Magic Marker
Toki Tori

And those indie packs have never been seen again. I doubt they ever will be.

#2808 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Delve Deeper
Max and the Magic Marker
Toki Tori

I've played most of the game, and it's good but not great - I don't think it's worth voting for the IR bundle just for this game.

Bought every single one of those packs in 2010. It's hard to say whether the devs made more than they normally would with Indie bundles since Steam takes their cut, but I'd personally love to see them again.

The best one was the RPG pack with Recettear in it. $1 for that game was an absolute steal.

#2809 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

The best one was the RPG pack with Recettear in it. $1 for that game was an absolute steal.

Ha! Recettear (he says bitterly...) To my everlasting regret, I passed on that pack because I had 3 or 4 of the other games in it, naively thinking "Hey, it's Steam - there's gonna be a better sale on it soon!"

Little did I know...

#2810 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

You know you are getting too many games when you own 80% of the games included in bundles anymore. With 563 games in my Steam library (870 counting DLC) in under 2 years and nearly 200 Desura games not even a year after downloading the client you know you need to quit the addiction. This upcoming bundle might be the first one I pass up I already own everything in the Really Big bundle and own most of The New year bundle but I would rather that one win. Looks like it probably won't though...

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#2811 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

New to these bundles but have a question, is it considered 'bad form' to trade codes from these bundles? If not, is there a dedicated trading thread. If it is, is it alright to give them away and is there a dedicated 'code drop' thread for them? Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#2812 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

New to these bundles but have a question, is it considered 'bad form' to trade codes from these bundles? If not, is there a dedicated trading thread. If it is, is it alright to give them away and is there a dedicated 'code drop' thread for them? Thanks in advance.

It depends on who you ask. Lots of people here trade codes from IR bundles here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=342391

Indie Royale don't want you to gift or trade codes from their bundles though. I personally don't think it's bad form, but some others do. On CAG, most people don't care.

Here's the code drop thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313140

I suggest not trading away/giving away your desura key from IR bundles. The key is tied to all of the games and its the license for your bundle page.

#2813 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

It depends on who you ask. Lots of people here trade codes from IR bundles here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=342391

Indie Royale don't want you to gift or trade codes from their bundles though. I personally don't think it's bad form, but some others do. On CAG, most people don't care.

Here's the code drop thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313140

I suggest not trading away/giving away your desura key from IR bundles. The key is tied to all of the games and its the license for your bundle page.

unrelated, but I gave away two desura keys from the groupees be mine 8 bundle. Bad idea? Would really suck to get banned for giving something away:cry:

#2814 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

unrelated, but I gave away two desura keys from the groupees be mine 8 bundle. Bad idea? Would really suck to get banned for giving something away:cry:

For any other bundle site it doesnt make a difference to give away your Desura key. I'm not sure why you'd get banned. Just wondering, why would you think that?

#2815 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

You said IR linked it to your account, so I wasn't sure if groupees did it too. Thanks for telling me otherwise:)

#2816 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

You said IR linked it to your account, so I wasn't sure if groupees did it too. Thanks for telling me otherwise:)

Indieroyale is Desura. That's why Desura keys for Indieroyale bundles are the way they are.

#2817 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Indieroyale is Desura. That's why Desura keys for Indieroyale bundles are the way they are.

haha well I feel pretty dumb now. That makes sense, and isn't really that surprising I suppose. Rather interesting, but it sorta explains some of their less amazing picks (maybe I'm having bad luck, but it feels like everytime I browse through games on desura it's like digging through radioactive waste). Thanks for the answer, and spodyman too:)

#2818 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

haha well I feel pretty dumb now. That makes sense, and isn't really that surprising I suppose. Rather interesting, but it sorta explains some of their less amazing picks (maybe I'm having bad luck, but it feels like everytime I browse through games on desura it's like digging through radioactive waste). Thanks for the answer, and spodyman too:)

Yeah, to make it 100% clear, the reason you don't want to trade or sell your Indie Royal Desura code is that they use one code for the entire bundle. So we've seen people who try to sell one Desura game out of the bundle not realizing this and they either end up selling off their entire bundle or realizing their error when the buyer tries to activate the key and it doesn't work.

It's also for your own benefit benefit because with your Desura code anyone can actually access your entire bundle page and then access all your keys (including your Steam keys) and if you hadn't activated them they could do so if they were so inclined.

Other sites on the other hand actually use unique game codes for each individual game that are not tied to any account/page so selling them does not carry the same risks or cause the same issues.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2819 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

IndieRoyale's Facebook message from earlier today (say, 5.15pm GMT) was this:

Thanks to The Mayhem Bundle developers: Double Six, Shiver Games, Beatnik Games, Sigma Team, DnS Developments, Blitz Game Studios and Totem Games. Also thanks to Chipzel for the Bonus Album and Born Ready Games for the Strike Suit Zero free download.

See if you can pick out what's odd about it.

#2820 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

IndieRoyale's Facebook message from earlier today (say, 5.15pm GMT) was this:

See if you can pick out what's odd about it.

I don't see anything off about it? All the devs match up to the games, and the Strike Suit Zero dev gave them an artbook to give away freely.