Pre-Order LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition Move Bundle on Amazon for $99 ($130 MSRP)

[quote name='JP73']In case anyone is wondering, buying each item separately at MSRP would set you back $180.[/QUOTE]

Although that may technically be the case, are PS Move items really being sold at MSRP prices anymore? Sure seems like there are sales on them at a lot of different places recently.

Regardless, this does seem like a nice bundle.

Pretty nice looking bundle, though LBP2 SE's retail price is too high in my opinion. I've said that already many times, and I'll keep saying it. I just don't know how they can brag about getting $35 in DLC savings when they're charging $20 more than the regular version of the game.

But this is a really good value. Even if we calculated the Move items at 50% off MSRP, this is a better deal. The game will retail for $60 (grumble grumble), which leaves $40 for the Eye, Move Controller, and nav controller. Pretty solid.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty nice looking bundle, though LBP2 SE's retail price is too high in my opinion. I've said that already many times, and I'll keep saying it. I just don't know how they can brag about getting $35 in DLC savings when they're charging $20 more than the regular version of the game.

But this is a really good value. Even if we calculated the Move items at 50% off MSRP, this is a better deal. The game will retail for $60 (grumble grumble), which leaves $40 for the Eye, Move Controller, and nav controller. Pretty solid.[/QUOTE]

I guess if the plain version retails for 40, you're still getting about 15 off on the DLC at $60. But yeah, 60 is a bit high, even for all the DLC. I already got all the Move controllers I need, so I'll just wait for the individual game to go on sale for 40 bucks. But if you don't have move, or even if you just need a Navi and extra controller, this is a hell of a deal.

[quote name='lorddct']Will the Move parts be released as a patch or DLC for the owners of the original game?[/QUOTE]

I think they are already out there, aren't they?

The camera was never on sale I think? That's like $25 used right? The nav conroller can be had for like $15, the motion controller for $25 as well, $65 worth of stuff right there. + The game which would equal $35.

Sounds decent?

I bought the move and regret it... don't get me wrong, it's still more accurate than the wii. It just has too few working titles. Which is why the controllers keep going on sale for half price. Overall, if you are looking to buy this wait a few more months. The sports bundle hit like 50% off a few weeks ago. I see this doing something similar in the near future.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']The camera was never on sale I think? That's like $25 used right? The nav conroller can be had for like $15, the motion controller for $25 as well, $65 worth of stuff right there. + The game which would equal $35.

Sounds decent?[/QUOTE]

The camera came as part of a game that hit $20 a while back also. Maybe look into that. Either way, the support for LBP came as its own content pack, and I didn't think it added much to the experience (obviously personal opinion). But if you catch one of the old bundles for half off you could prob get an extra game for the same price.

Great site. A lot of useful information here.
22.gif

This bundle is tempting, but just feel that Little Big Planet 2 will get a Game of the Year edition with the same content and better price. It just might be best to be patient on this one.

[quote name='DealHunter']This bundle is tempting, but just feel that Little Big Planet 2 will get a Game of the Year edition with the same content and better price. It just might be best to be patient on this one.[/QUOTE]

It definitely won't get a GOTY edition. This is as good as it'll get as far as a new version goes.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It definitely won't get a GOTY edition. This is as good as it'll get as far as a new version goes.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this pretty much is the GOTY version. I guess it didn't win GOTY last year so they chose to just name it "special edition".

[quote name='JoshTX']Agreed, this pretty much is the GOTY version. I guess it didn't win GOTY last year so they chose to just name it "special edition".[/QUOTE]

What about the potential likelihood of an updated Greatest Hits version with extra content, similar to what is being done with Heavy Rain?

[quote name='DealHunter']This bundle is tempting, but just feel that Little Big Planet 2 will get a Game of the Year edition with the same content and better price. It just might be best to be patient on this one.
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

I agree.. I think it might be wise just to hold off a little bit on this one here

[quote name='DealHunter']What about the potential likelihood of an updated Greatest Hits version with extra content, similar to what is being done with Heavy Rain?[/QUOTE]

It's possible I suppose, I can see them packaging this as a GH title, but I think this is all the content that it's going to have. They repacked UC 2 into a GOTY edition, then made it a GH a few months later, but didn't add any additional content, just the red packaging.

bread's done
Back