Fry's: Wii w/Mario Kart Bundle - $99 (Saturday 1 Day Sale)

dts5000

CAGiversary!
Here's the Fry's Ad

Link

wii99.jpg

Thanks to NHBuddy at SD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! That is awesome. To bad I don't live anywhere near a Frys. This probably isn't gonna be good online, is it?

But maybe this a a sign. i was gonna wait for Target to do $134 + 20 GC again, but maybe this means other retailers will do $99 on Black Friday. Best deal on the Wii I saw to date

Amazing deal, been looking to get one these past few months. I wonder if Sears would match this plus the 10% difference. Anyone have any luck pricematching FRYS ads?

[quote name='JP73']This probably isn't gonna be good online, is it?

But maybe this a a sign. i was gonna wait for Target to do $134 + 20 GC again, but maybe this means other retailers will do $99 on Black Friday. Best deal on the Wii I saw to date[/QUOTE]

Right now, online it's still retail price, but maybe it will change midnight Pacific time.

God damn, what a deal. It would be great if you wanted a 2nd Wii or you just want a Wii to play the exclusives. Plus you get Mario Kart.

With Mario Galaxy and other games super cheap now, it's a great deal.

I want a 2nd wii and this is tempting.. but im wondering: dont you think Amazon will do this durring black friday or something? Fry's is always packed on the weekends. It will be a god damn Zoo with his ad

thanks op, gonna have best buy price match so i can burn some of my trade in credit, and also trade mario kart back in to them

oh, wait! doesn't walmart or target match print adds? Is this gonna be in the paper tomorow or was it already in todays? I can go try to dig through it to find one.

No one takes online adds anymore, and most stores dont even bother to call you need a print add. Im not driving like 40 miles and hitting the madhouse to get one of these at FRY's but if some store would price match it may be worth it.

That or wait for black friday. Anyone think they'll hit this low on Amazon?

[quote name='kodave']Looks like Slickdeals wiped out the online stock instantly, if there was any to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I ordered for in store pick :)

[quote name='Kenshindono']oh, wait! doesn't walmart or target match print adds? Is this gonna be in the paper tomorow or was it already in todays? I can go try to dig through it to find one.

No one takes online adds anymore, and most stores dont even bother to call you need a print add. Im not driving like 40 miles and hitting the madhouse to get one of these at FRY's but if some store would price match it may be worth it.

That or wait for black friday. Anyone think they'll hit this low on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Walmart will price match the print ad. They don't verify stock either like Best Buy or Sears (although you can try those stores too, just more likely YMMV).

[quote name='esalw822']Walmart will price match the print ad. They don't verify stock either like Best Buy or Sears (although you can try those stores too, just more likely YMMV).[/QUOTE]

right but im saying wheres the print ad? It wont be in Sundays paper since it sounds like its today only.. was it in saturdays paper, or yesterdays? (fridays)

I know Frys sometimes just sticks their adds on the back of a random section of the newspaper. Im just trying to figure out how to get a print add to make them match it

I was in-store, the guy was getting a black one for me and then when I saw the new models sitting up there, it just clicked. I ended up passing b/c I figure eventually this new model will be $149 or lower (and probably pretty quick) After all, it was my 'OG' model that freezes after 30 minutes..so IDK, I kinda want this, but I can also kinda wait..

It's only good for people who want something to play GameCube games.
Otherwise they'd be better off waiting for the Wii U instead.

[quote name='token2k6']I was in-store, the guy was getting a black one for me and then when I saw the new models sitting up there, it just clicked. I ended up passing b/c I figure eventually this new model will be $149 or lower (and probably pretty quick) After all, it was my 'OG' model that freezes after 30 minutes..so IDK, I kinda want this, but I can also kinda wait..[/QUOTE]
The new model lacks any GCN support (removes backwards compatibility and can't use GCN controllers), so I wouldn't exactly call it better in any way.

[quote name='Mad dog']Why is everyone going nutso-insano over this? It's only a $50 discount and the Wii sucks anyway.[/QUOTE]

My kids love the wii and I have been wanting to have Mario Kart Wii just for them but it still retails for $50.
I also need an extra set of wii remote($40) and nunchuck($20).

Buying them all separately will cost me $110.
By buying this bundle for $99, I will end up paying $10 less and I will have an extra wii console just in case my current wii craps on me.

I have no intention of jumping on wii U and my kids will still play wii next a few yrs.

[quote name='Mad dog']Why is everyone going nutso-insano over this? It's only a $50 discount and the Wii sucks anyway.[/QUOTE]
It has more and WAY better exclusives than the 360. I don't know what you're talking about.

[quote name='token2k6']I was in-store, the guy was getting a black one for me and then when I saw the new models sitting up there, it just clicked. I ended up passing b/c I figure eventually this new model will be $149 or lower (and probably pretty quick) After all, it was my 'OG' model that freezes after 30 minutes..so IDK, I kinda want this, but I can also kinda wait..[/QUOTE]

You should read this (slightly modified):

[quote name='WhiteLens']
[The OG model is] only good for people who want something to play GameCube games [in addition to Wii games]. Otherwise they'd be better off waiting for the Wii U instead [because] . . . [t]he new model lacks any GCN support (removes backwards compatibility and can't use GCN controllers), so I wouldn't exactly call it better in any way.[/QUOTE]

If you want to be a console warrior, I can point you to the GameFAQs message boards.

I hope this is an early warning that there will be a ton of Wii console deals from now through year-end. I haven't owned the system for a couple of years, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand going through Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations without playing the new Zelda!

[quote name='codeblue']If you want to be a console warrior, I can point you to the GameFAQs message boards.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

you know that new model doesn't play GC games or use GC accessories right? Thats major fail in my book

anyway who would be best to pricematch the add? Target? Or walmart? maybe BB? Im not sure what 'qualifies as 'local' My frys is about 25 or 30 miles away. Im wondering if thats enough for the stores to try to weasle out of it

*edit* looks like people pointed out the support problems with the new system =P

New Zelda coming out in a few weeks and 100 dollars for system and a game and wiimite plus is a steal...

I've owned the original NES, SNES, and Wii but never played Zelda. Are those RPGs? What kind of game is it?

[quote name='JP73']I've owned the original NES, SNES, and Wii but never played Zelda. Are those RPGs? What kind of game is it?[/QUOTE]

:O!!!! Blasphemy!!!!

[quote name='JP73']I've owned the original NES, SNES, and Wii but never played Zelda. Are those RPGs? What kind of game is it?[/QUOTE]

Are you trolling? Or have you seriously owned 3 Nintendo systems but have no idea what Nintendo's 2nd largest franchise is? You don't actually have to have played a Zelda game, but c'mon. Furthermore if you truly didn't know, why not take 2 seconds to Google it rather than do what you did?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No way you could be on CAG and not know what zelda is, thats like saying you think the mario brothers are ACTUALLY a plumbing company[/QUOTE]
The Mario Brothers? I thought they owned a pizzeria.

[quote name='kodave']Are you trolling? Or have you seriously owned 3 Nintendo systems but have no idea what Nintendo's 2nd largest franchise is? You don't actually have to have played a Zelda game, but c'mon. Furthermore if you truly didn't know, why not take 2 seconds to Google it rather than do what you did?[/QUOTE]

Actually, dip $hit, I said I never played it. I never said I'm not familiar with it or had "no idea" what it is. Don't pull words out of your gaping ass and put them in my mouth. I was vaguely familiar with the series, seeing ads and hearing it talked about and reading about it, and was asking those who have played it to tell me a bit about it, maybe compare it to another game.

And your Google quote is just pathetic. That could be said about anything. Why do you come here? hell, just Google video game deals. God forbid someone on a gaming forum asks a quick question about a game franchise so he can potentially get feedback and advice from people familiar with the game.

So to summarize, suck a bag of dicks, wise ass :wave:

[quote name='JP73']someone on the internet hurt my feelings :cry: [/QUOTE]

On topic:

Good deal. I think Mario Kart has like an $18 tiv at Best Buy, so you could always do that.

[quote name='JP73']Actually, dip $hit, I said I never played it. I never said I'm not familiar with it or had "no idea" what it is. Don't pull words out of your gaping ass and put them in my mouth. I was vaguely familiar with the series, seeing ads and hearing it talked about and reading about it, and was asking those who have played it to tell me a bit about it, maybe compare it to another game.

And your Google quote is just pathetic. That could be said about anything. Why do you come here? hell, just Google video game deals. God forbid someone on a gaming forum asks a quick question about a game franchise so he can potentially get feedback and advice from people familiar with the game.

So to summarize, suck a bag of dicks, wise ass :wave:[/QUOTE]

Must be that time of the month.

I was successful in price matching it at Target but it took a while due to one of the managers and the cashier scrutinizing every detail of the ad.

[quote name='JP73']Actually, dip $hit, I said I never played it. I never said I'm not familiar with it or had "no idea" what it is. Don't pull words out of your gaping ass and put them in my mouth. I was vaguely familiar with the series, seeing ads and hearing it talked about and reading about it, and was asking those who have played it to tell me a bit about it, maybe compare it to another game.

So to summarize, suck a bag of dicks, wise ass :wave:[/QUOTE]

1) I know you said you never played it. I repeated that, but added "c'mon" as in "C'mon, even if you've never played a Zelda game, you should know its basically an RPG." Is "but c'mon" and the implications it carries really that unfamiliar to you? I've never played Final Fantasy but I know what kind of game it is.

2) The Google quote isn't "pathetic." Its the truth. If you weren't sure if Zelda was an RPG, Wikipedia could have answered that in one second. If you said "I've never played Zelda, but what other RPGs is it most similar to?" that would be a different question, one you didn't ask initially.

3) If you Googled for video game deals... You'll end up back here! Google wouldn't help you much in finding deals on specific games as you'll have to check various store websites because Google's shopping aggregate doesn't cover every site. Then you have to search separately for coupons and codes and stuff. The point of a site like CAG is to aggregate all of that together based on user input, hence why the search should just lead you here. To jump back to #2, if you want to know what type of game Zelda is, all that information has been aggregated for you on a million different gaming websites and Wikipedia, hence why a Google search would have been most appropriate. Now if you had actually asked, what RPGs is Zelda most similar to, you may have to come to a discussion forum and ask such a question... but again, you didn't initially ask that.

4) Keep trolling, great job, you're sure to last a long time here.

[quote name='JP73']I am a fairy princess who created an account to troll. [/QUOTE]

Back on topic: this is a great deal if someone manages to actually find one in-stock. I think it's a damn shame the NSMB+Wii SKU has missing GCN functionality, so this is the best one to grab IMO.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Anyone had luck PM'ing at best buy?[/QUOTE]

I tried to PM at best buy so I could use my gift cards, but they only had the new sku, the NSMB Wii bundle with no GC support. Looked in the stacks too, only saw the new bundle. Wouldn't be surprised if they were all sitting in the back to be returned to the warehouse

[quote name='bigbabyaggie99']I was successful in price matching it at Target but it took a while due to one of the managers and the cashier scrutinizing every detail of the ad.[/QUOTE]

That's very lucky. Since it's only a one day sale, my Target denied the pm.

Didn't try BB but i PM'd it at both Target and Walmart. Got a white and a black one. Funny thing, are these supposed to not have seals? Neither one had a seal on it. Im wondering if i should open and make sure theyre in there. I dont want to open them a year down the road and realize someone swapped it out with a brick o_O

Is that how theyre supposed to be sealed? Seems weird. PS2's, ps3's and 360's all have seals

By the way; WHats the deal with price matching an add.. I went to Target first and they insisted on keeping the ad after they price matched. I told them no and they got upset. They had already rung it through and stuff so there wasn't really anything they could do when i snatched it off the counter and told them it was mine and they couldn't have it. But they were pretty upset. At walmart they started cutting it out and i didn't say anything because I was done with it but i found this strange. Is it their right to keep the ad? I saw nothing in the policy about that

[quote name='bruceg']That's very lucky. Since it's only a one day sale, my Target denied the pm.[/QUOTE]

you should have told them to show you the policy and where it says they dont do 1 day sales.. I saw nothing about that in the policy. It says they dont do stuff like buy 1 get 1 free, or going out of business sales, or generic % off sales, but nothing about how long the sale is on for. Thats utter BS and i would have made a huge stink about it

[quote name='Kenshindono']Didn't try BB but i PM'd it at both Target and Walmart. Got a white and a black one. Funny thing, are these supposed to not have seals? Neither one had a seal on it. Im wondering if i should open and make sure theyre in there. I dont want to open them a year down the road and realize someone swapped it out with a brick o_O

Is that how theyre supposed to be sealed? Seems weird. PS2's, ps3's and 360's all have seals

By the way; WHats the deal with price matching an add.. I went to Target first and they insisted on keeping the ad after they price matched. I told them no and they got upset. They had already rung it through and stuff so there wasn't really anything they could do when i snatched it off the counter and told them it was mine and they couldn't have it. But they were pretty upset. At walmart they started cutting it out and i didn't say anything because I was done with it but i found this strange. Is it their right to keep the ad? I saw nothing in the policy about that

you should have told them to show you the policy and where it says they dont do 1 day sales.. I saw nothing about that in the policy. It says they dont do stuff like buy 1 get 1 free, or going out of business sales, or generic % off sales, but nothing about how long the sale is on for. Thats utter BS and i would have made a huge stink about it[/QUOTE]

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, have you heard of that one?

Also they generally keep the ads for proof when price matching, and require it to be physical because with the internet any random joe can modify the ad on his own if it was an online type ad...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back