Photo
- - - - -

Fry's: Wii w/Mario Kart Bundle - $99 (Saturday 1 Day Sale)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 dts5000

dts5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:01 AM

Here's the Fry's Ad

Link

Posted Image

Thanks to NHBuddy at SD!

Edited by dts5000, 29 October 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#2 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

Damn! That is awesome. To bad I don't live anywhere near a Frys. This probably isn't gonna be good online, is it?

But maybe this a a sign. i was gonna wait for Target to do $134 + 20 GC again, but maybe this means other retailers will do $99 on Black Friday. Best deal on the Wii I saw to date

#3 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

dayum

#4 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

Amazing deal, been looking to get one these past few months. I wonder if Sears would match this plus the 10% difference. Anyone have any luck pricematching FRYS ads?

#5 dts5000

dts5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

This probably isn't gonna be good online, is it?

But maybe this a a sign. i was gonna wait for Target to do $134 + 20 GC again, but maybe this means other retailers will do $99 on Black Friday. Best deal on the Wii I saw to date

Right now, online it's still retail price, but maybe it will change midnight Pacific time.

#6 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Good deal unfortunately I also don't live near a Fry's.

#7 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

God damn, what a deal. It would be great if you wanted a 2nd Wii or you just want a Wii to play the exclusives. Plus you get Mario Kart.

With Mario Galaxy and other games super cheap now, it's a great deal.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:07 AM

I want a 2nd wii and this is tempting.. but im wondering: dont you think Amazon will do this durring black friday or something? Fry's is always packed on the weekends. It will be a god damn Zoo with his ad

#9 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

It will be a god damn Zoo with his ad

Very true!

#10 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

thanks finally will pick one up

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#11 kodave

kodave

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Looks like Slickdeals wiped out the online stock instantly, if there was any to begin with.

#12 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

thanks op, gonna have best buy price match so i can burn some of my trade in credit, and also trade mario kart back in to them

#13 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

oh, wait! doesn't walmart or target match print adds? Is this gonna be in the paper tomorow or was it already in todays? I can go try to dig through it to find one.

No one takes online adds anymore, and most stores dont even bother to call you need a print add. Im not driving like 40 miles and hitting the madhouse to get one of these at FRY's but if some store would price match it may be worth it.

That or wait for black friday. Anyone think they'll hit this low on Amazon?

#14 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Looks like Slickdeals wiped out the online stock instantly, if there was any to begin with.

I ordered for in store pick :)

#15 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

oh, wait! doesn't walmart or target match print adds? Is this gonna be in the paper tomorow or was it already in todays? I can go try to dig through it to find one.

No one takes online adds anymore, and most stores dont even bother to call you need a print add. Im not driving like 40 miles and hitting the madhouse to get one of these at FRY's but if some store would price match it may be worth it.

That or wait for black friday. Anyone think they'll hit this low on Amazon?

Walmart will price match the print ad. They don't verify stock either like Best Buy or Sears (although you can try those stores too, just more likely YMMV).

#16 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

Walmart will price match the print ad. They don't verify stock either like Best Buy or Sears (although you can try those stores too, just more likely YMMV).

right but im saying wheres the print ad? It wont be in Sundays paper since it sounds like its today only.. was it in saturdays paper, or yesterdays? (fridays)

I know Frys sometimes just sticks their adds on the back of a random section of the newspaper. Im just trying to figure out how to get a print add to make them match it

#17 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Well its up on Frys.com but it is on slickdeals so it's prolly getting hammered
http://www.frys.com/...6608674 6608664

#18 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

I've had problems with BB price matching special sales like this, saying it's only 1 day so they won't do it.
Posted Image

#19 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

I was in-store, the guy was getting a black one for me and then when I saw the new models sitting up there, it just clicked. I ended up passing b/c I figure eventually this new model will be $149 or lower (and probably pretty quick) After all, it was my 'OG' model that freezes after 30 minutes..so IDK, I kinda want this, but I can also kinda wait..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#20 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

Why is everyone going nutso-insano over this? It's only a $50 discount and the Wii sucks anyway.

Posted Image

#21 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

It's only good for people who want something to play GameCube games.
Otherwise they'd be better off waiting for the Wii U instead.

I was in-store, the guy was getting a black one for me and then when I saw the new models sitting up there, it just clicked. I ended up passing b/c I figure eventually this new model will be $149 or lower (and probably pretty quick) After all, it was my 'OG' model that freezes after 30 minutes..so IDK, I kinda want this, but I can also kinda wait..

The new model lacks any GCN support (removes backwards compatibility and can't use GCN controllers), so I wouldn't exactly call it better in any way.

#22 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

got my confirmation this morning for in store pick up

#23 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Why is everyone going nutso-insano over this? It's only a $50 discount and the Wii sucks anyway.

My kids love the wii and I have been wanting to have Mario Kart Wii just for them but it still retails for $50.
I also need an extra set of wii remote($40) and nunchuck($20).

Buying them all separately will cost me $110.
By buying this bundle for $99, I will end up paying $10 less and I will have an extra wii console just in case my current wii craps on me.

I have no intention of jumping on wii U and my kids will still play wii next a few yrs.
Posted Image

#24 shujikun

shujikun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Perfect time to get a Wii. I want to play the new Zelda :)

#25 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

It has more and WAY better exclusives than the 360. I don't know what you're talking about.

#26 kodave

kodave

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

You should read this (slightly modified):

[The OG model is] only good for people who want something to play GameCube games [in addition to Wii games]. Otherwise they'd be better off waiting for the Wii U instead [because] . . . [t]he new model lacks any GCN support (removes backwards compatibility and can't use GCN controllers), so I wouldn't exactly call it better in any way.

#27 codeblue

codeblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

If you want to be a console warrior, I can point you to the GameFAQs message boards.

#28 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

I hope this is an early warning that there will be a ton of Wii console deals from now through year-end. I haven't owned the system for a couple of years, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand going through Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations without playing the new Zelda!
\\:D/

#29 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

If you want to be a console warrior, I can point you to the GameFAQs message boards.

:lol:

#30 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

I knew I should have stayed up till 3 AM. Curse you, sleep!!