Photo
- - - - -

Fry's: Wii w/Mario Kart Bundle - $99 (Saturday 1 Day Sale)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

I was in-store, the guy was getting a black one for me and then when I saw the new models sitting up there, it just clicked. I ended up passing b/c I figure eventually this new model will be $149 or lower (and probably pretty quick) After all, it was my 'OG' model that freezes after 30 minutes..so IDK, I kinda want this, but I can also kinda wait..

you know that new model doesn't play GC games or use GC accessories right? Thats major fail in my book

anyway who would be best to pricematch the add? Target? Or walmart? maybe BB? Im not sure what 'qualifies as 'local' My frys is about 25 or 30 miles away. Im wondering if thats enough for the stores to try to weasle out of it

*edit* looks like people pointed out the support problems with the new system =P

#32 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

Why is everyone going nutso-insano over this? It's only a $50 discount and the Wii sucks anyway.

New Zelda coming out in a few weeks and 100 dollars for system and a game and wiimite plus is a steal...

#33 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

I've owned the original NES, SNES, and Wii but never played Zelda. Are those RPGs? What kind of game is it?

#34 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

I've owned the original NES, SNES, and Wii but never played Zelda. Are those RPGs? What kind of game is it?

:O!!!! Blasphemy!!!!

#35 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

Are you trolling? Or have you seriously owned 3 Nintendo systems but have no idea what Nintendo's 2nd largest franchise is? You don't actually have to have played a Zelda game, but c'mon. Furthermore if you truly didn't know, why not take 2 seconds to Google it rather than do what you did?

#36 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

No way you could be on CAG and not know what zelda is, thats like saying you think the mario brothers are ACTUALLY a plumbing company

#37 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

No way you could be on CAG and not know what zelda is, thats like saying you think the mario brothers are ACTUALLY a plumbing company

The Mario Brothers? I thought they owned a pizzeria.

#38 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Are you trolling? Or have you seriously owned 3 Nintendo systems but have no idea what Nintendo's 2nd largest franchise is? You don't actually have to have played a Zelda game, but c'mon. Furthermore if you truly didn't know, why not take 2 seconds to Google it rather than do what you did?

Actually, dip $hit, I said I never played it. I never said I'm not familiar with it or had "no idea" what it is. Don't pull words out of your gaping ass and put them in my mouth. I was vaguely familiar with the series, seeing ads and hearing it talked about and reading about it, and was asking those who have played it to tell me a bit about it, maybe compare it to another game.

And your Google quote is just pathetic. That could be said about anything. Why do you come here? hell, just Google video game deals. God forbid someone on a gaming forum asks a quick question about a game franchise so he can potentially get feedback and advice from people familiar with the game.

So to summarize, suck a bag of dicks, wise ass :wave:

#39 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

someone on the internet hurt my feelings :cry:

On topic:

Good deal. I think Mario Kart has like an $18 tiv at Best Buy, so you could always do that.

#40 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

I am a fairy princess who created an account to troll.

Anyone had luck PM'ing at best buy?

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Netflix

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: Red Faction

:wii: n/a

:ds: Found my DS!

#41 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

Actually, dip $hit, I said I never played it. I never said I'm not familiar with it or had "no idea" what it is. Don't pull words out of your gaping ass and put them in my mouth. I was vaguely familiar with the series, seeing ads and hearing it talked about and reading about it, and was asking those who have played it to tell me a bit about it, maybe compare it to another game.

And your Google quote is just pathetic. That could be said about anything. Why do you come here? hell, just Google video game deals. God forbid someone on a gaming forum asks a quick question about a game franchise so he can potentially get feedback and advice from people familiar with the game.

Must be that time of the month.

#42 bigbabyaggie99

bigbabyaggie99

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

I was successful in price matching it at Target but it took a while due to one of the managers and the cashier scrutinizing every detail of the ad.

#43 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

1) I know you said you never played it. I repeated that, but added "c'mon" as in "C'mon, even if you've never played a Zelda game, you should know its basically an RPG." Is "but c'mon" and the implications it carries really that unfamiliar to you? I've never played Final Fantasy but I know what kind of game it is.

2) The Google quote isn't "pathetic." Its the truth. If you weren't sure if Zelda was an RPG, Wikipedia could have answered that in one second. If you said "I've never played Zelda, but what other RPGs is it most similar to?" that would be a different question, one you didn't ask initially.

3) If you Googled for video game deals... You'll end up back here! Google wouldn't help you much in finding deals on specific games as you'll have to check various store websites because Google's shopping aggregate doesn't cover every site. Then you have to search separately for coupons and codes and stuff. The point of a site like CAG is to aggregate all of that together based on user input, hence why the search should just lead you here. To jump back to #2, if you want to know what type of game Zelda is, all that information has been aggregated for you on a million different gaming websites and Wikipedia, hence why a Google search would have been most appropriate. Now if you had actually asked, what RPGs is Zelda most similar to, you may have to come to a discussion forum and ask such a question... but again, you didn't initially ask that.

4) Keep trolling, great job, you're sure to last a long time here.

#44 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

Back on topic: this is a great deal if someone manages to actually find one in-stock. I think it's a damn shame the NSMB+Wii SKU has missing GCN functionality, so this is the best one to grab IMO.

Currently Playing:

#45 Cacho

Cacho

Rolling Stone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for this, hmm.. this or a xbox 360/PS3..

#46 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:32 AM

Anyone had luck PM'ing at best buy?

I tried to PM at best buy so I could use my gift cards, but they only had the new sku, the NSMB Wii bundle with no GC support. Looked in the stacks too, only saw the new bundle. Wouldn't be surprised if they were all sitting in the back to be returned to the warehouse

#47 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

I was successful in price matching it at Target but it took a while due to one of the managers and the cashier scrutinizing every detail of the ad.

That's very lucky. Since it's only a one day sale, my Target denied the pm.

#48 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

Didn't try BB but i PM'd it at both Target and Walmart. Got a white and a black one. Funny thing, are these supposed to not have seals? Neither one had a seal on it. Im wondering if i should open and make sure theyre in there. I dont want to open them a year down the road and realize someone swapped it out with a brick o_O

Is that how theyre supposed to be sealed? Seems weird. PS2's, ps3's and 360's all have seals

By the way; WHats the deal with price matching an add.. I went to Target first and they insisted on keeping the ad after they price matched. I told them no and they got upset. They had already rung it through and stuff so there wasn't really anything they could do when i snatched it off the counter and told them it was mine and they couldn't have it. But they were pretty upset. At walmart they started cutting it out and i didn't say anything because I was done with it but i found this strange. Is it their right to keep the ad? I saw nothing in the policy about that

That's very lucky. Since it's only a one day sale, my Target denied the pm.

you should have told them to show you the policy and where it says they dont do 1 day sales.. I saw nothing about that in the policy. It says they dont do stuff like buy 1 get 1 free, or going out of business sales, or generic % off sales, but nothing about how long the sale is on for. Thats utter BS and i would have made a huge stink about it

#49 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

Didn't try BB but i PM'd it at both Target and Walmart. Got a white and a black one. Funny thing, are these supposed to not have seals? Neither one had a seal on it. Im wondering if i should open and make sure theyre in there. I dont want to open them a year down the road and realize someone swapped it out with a brick o_O

Is that how theyre supposed to be sealed? Seems weird. PS2's, ps3's and 360's all have seals

By the way; WHats the deal with price matching an add.. I went to Target first and they insisted on keeping the ad after they price matched. I told them no and they got upset. They had already rung it through and stuff so there wasn't really anything they could do when i snatched it off the counter and told them it was mine and they couldn't have it. But they were pretty upset. At walmart they started cutting it out and i didn't say anything because I was done with it but i found this strange. Is it their right to keep the ad? I saw nothing in the policy about that

you should have told them to show you the policy and where it says they dont do 1 day sales.. I saw nothing about that in the policy. It says they dont do stuff like buy 1 get 1 free, or going out of business sales, or generic % off sales, but nothing about how long the sale is on for. Thats utter BS and i would have made a huge stink about it

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, have you heard of that one?

Also they generally keep the ads for proof when price matching, and require it to be physical because with the internet any random joe can modify the ad on his own if it was an online type ad...

Edited by CaoPi, 30 October 2011 - 06:42 AM.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#50 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

DEFINITELY open them if the seals are missing. A year or so ago, my girlfriends 360 finally kicked the bucket and we went to Best Buy to swap it out for a new one (the warranty we had allowed to just grab a new one off the shelf after dropping the bad one off @ customer service).

We get it home, and not only is the box not sealed, all of the foam-rubber padding was missing (in the AV/power ports on the back). Upon booting it up it was making horrible noises. Went back the next day to return the replacement for another one....and THAT box was sealed with everything in place, as it should be. That's just my example, and it's my own damn fault for not checking that stuff in-store, but it's made me extremely cautious about buying consoles from big box retailers like Target & Best Buy.

So yes, you should DEFINITELY check to see if it's a return, missing pieces, or if its even functioning. If you were planning on reselling/gifting them, the seals were already missing, so what do you have to lose? I'd rather have the peace of mind.

Currently Playing:

#51 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:41 AM

I actually had looked at their price matching policy beforehand. There was one exclusion that specifically mentioned "Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity"
Since it was only a one day sale (as opposed to a weekly ad), I figured they considered that a limited time event.

Good job finding one at Walmart. All my Walmart stores only carry the new bundles that lack gamecube support.

#52 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

I actually had looked at their price matching policy beforehand. There was one exclusion that specifically mentioned "Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity"
Since it was only a one day sale (as opposed to a weekly ad), I figured they considered that a limited time event.

lol but a week is also a limited time. Every game has a limited quantity.

#53 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

yeah the language is worded vaguely enough so they have an excuse to deny you.

#54 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Good job finding one at Walmart. All my Walmart stores only carry the new bundles that lack gamecube support.

lol but a week is also a limited time. Every game has a limited quantity.

limited time applies to stuff like ' from 9am to noon' and stuff like that... it should not apply to 1 day sales. Or, like kouleefoh says, every single sale is 'limited time' The people at your store were being dicks. Thats really too bad. At the very least i would have got the peoples names and called corporate to complain. Too bad man. Like you said its vaguely worded so that they could deny it however they want. Thats why i always laugh at most stores price matching policies, theres so many restrictions that its not even worth it most of the time. I just got lucky today

DEFINITELY open them if the seals are missing. A year or so ago, my girlfriends 360 finally kicked the bucket and we went to Best Buy to swap it out for a new one (the warranty we had allowed to just grab a new one off the shelf after dropping the bad one off @ customer service).

We get it home, and not only is the box not sealed, all of the foam-rubber padding was missing (in the AV/power ports on the back). Upon booting it up it was making horrible noises. Went back the next day to return the replacement for another one....and THAT box was sealed with everything in place, as it should be. That's just my example, and it's my own damn fault for not checking that stuff in-store, but it's made me extremely cautious about buying consoles from big box retailers like Target & Best Buy.

So yes, you should DEFINITELY check to see if it's a return, missing pieces, or if its even functioning. If you were planning on reselling/gifting them, the seals were already missing, so what do you have to lose? I'd rather have the peace of mind.

Hmm does that apply to these wii bundles? Like i said i noticed none of them in store seemed to have the seals though there weren't many copies. Is it moral for the Wii consoles to not have any kinda seal like the ps3/360 have? I guess since theres no seal i can open and check it if i want. i wasn't sure if i was keeping the black AND the white, or just the black. I already have a red one