Driver: San Francisco (PS3/360) - $29.99 at Best Buy

Isn't it this price at Target right now? If the price sticks after tomorrow, it would be great for the b2g1 sale. I'm almost 99% positive I saw it with this price tag, I'm just unsure if it was marked permanent price drop or temporary sale.

Yeah this price is/was at Target too. Not sure if it was all target's though and I think it had said "temporary price cut"

edit: According to this thread, that sale is only good till the 29th, and one person reported that the 360 version rang up for full price, so I guess it's YMMV as well.

I'm tempted too.

I didn't really like the demo, but that was partially due to the hitting into walls blocking off the rest of the city when I was running from police

This will be one of my top 5 games for 2011. It is so much fun, practically all I've been playing. Hardcore gamers (those without kids/wives :lol:) can probably finish this up in a weekend. I picked it up for $30 w/ that @Gamer coupon, glad I did!

I love the race missions. I try to destroy the rival racers rather than race them directly by hijacking surrounding traffic.

[quote name='token2k6']This will be one of my top 5 games for 2011. It is so much fun, practically all I've been playing. Hardcore gamers (those without kids/wives :lol:) can probably finish this up in a weekend. I picked it up for $30 w/ that @Gamer coupon, glad I did![/QUOTE]

same. I bought it with the intention of trading it in the same day, but as soon as I started I was hooked. Well worth it. :)

[quote name='token2k6']This will be one of my top 5 games for 2011. It is so much fun, practically all I've been playing. Hardcore gamers (those without kids/wives :lol:) can probably finish this up in a weekend. I picked it up for $30 w/ that @Gamer coupon, glad I did![/QUOTE]that was the move to make since back then the trade in value was higher

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chunlirocks']20 blade game at best[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous, there's plenty of game worth $30 (if not more) here. The SP is awesome -- best driving game for me since Burnout Takedown. The shift element resembles the classic Crash mode, and there's lots of diversity in all the different missions. Great, great game.

This was one of my favorite games this year, highly recommended if you like driving games even just a teensy bit. The shift mechanic is a revelation, really. And the fact that they actually managed to put a legitimately interesting story (by taking it into the realm of super weird) in a driving game is amazing in and of itself. The MP content is actually pretty fun, too! Lot of value in this package.

There's a ton of praise I could give the game, but I'll just say "buy it!"

[quote name='chunlirocks']20 blade game at best[/QUOTE]
Do you have room to talk with some of the games you have in your "now playing" list?

FYI. Driver: San Francisco is also $29.99 at Target.

Edit: Never mind... :(

played the Online MP tonight and its a blast racing or playing TAG, but with the ability to shift from car to car is crazy.

i will get this either on gamefly sale when its something like 14.99 or below

a lot of the games that came out in early to mid 2011 will be in bargain bin by Q1 2012 just because Q1 2012 have so many great games coming out. so expect huge price drops

body count
little big planet 2
portal 2
red dead complete edition
la:n complete edition
dues ex
driver
dead island
resistance 3
ratchet all 4 one

these will be very cheap by 2012

uncharted 3
skyrim
gears 3
saints row 3
Bf3
Mw3

will hold their prices pretty high for next 6-8 months

Nice price, but with all the game.out this half of the year(this is epic, summer 11 to summer 12 will be historic) I'll bet on a ubisoft normal continuing price drop

[quote name='showtimefolks']i will get this either on gamefly sale when its something like 14.99 or below

a lot of the games that came out in early to mid 2011 will be in bargain bin by Q1 2012 just because Q1 2012 have so many great games coming out. so expect huge price drops

body count
little big planet 2
portal 2
dues ex
driver
dead island
resistance 3
ratchet all 4 one

uncharted 3
skyrim
gears 3
saints row 3
Bf3
Mw3

will hold their prices pretty high for next 6-8 months[/QUOTE]for new
LBP2 will drop b/c the SE is forthcoming in mid Nov
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306776
bodycount yes $20 very fast
Portal 2 is "old" at this point & has been $30 several times prior to Sept.
DE:HR $35 recently w/$45ish TIV near release
Dead Island will hold, $50 MSRP before $40, $20 sale BF maybe
mioght see Warhammer $40 MSRP shortly along with $20 BF sale
Resistance 3 & ratchet LOL $40 MSRP in like April-June 2012 Sony nuff said
LA Noire & Red dead...you realize the Resisent Evil 5 complete is still like $40 new MSRP

[quote name='showtimefolks']i will get this either on gamefly sale when its something like 14.99 or below

body count
little big planet 2
portal 2
dues ex
driver
dead island
resistance 3
ratchet all 4 one

uncharted 3
skyrim
gears 3
saints row 3
Bf3
Mw3

will hold their prices pretty high for next 6-8 months[/QUOTE]

This is not a brilliant observation. It's kinda obvious that games drop quickly, and sub-AAA games drop more quickly. This is a sub AAA game, so it'll drop quickly. You can wait until February or March, get it for 15 bucks on Gamefly, or buy it now, play it in, trade or sell it for a good price, and be playing something else in February or March.

bread's done
Back