Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/30/11 to 11/5/11) Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#61 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

You guys realize we're all being played for fools right? Don't you find it interesting that since last year, it has become pretty easy to pick up relatively new titles for around $40 without alot of effort?

I mean we we're seeing titles drop within a weeks sometimes and now so many of these "buy multiple" offers and pre-order credit bonuses that net the price to $40. Sure does make you think we're getting a hell of deal, doesn't it?

Originally we were bamboozled into $60 price point because the games were "next gen". Now I think these SW companies are ready for permanent $40 price points but something is keeping that from happening across the board.

Love it when companies get together behind the scenes to fix prices but figure out a way to make the average joe blow feel like they are getting a great deal, don't you??

Listen to Lyndon Larouche over here.

#62 NintendoCleveland

NintendoCleveland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone remember if this has worked with Clearance games in the past ?

I want to say it did.

Yes. Last year I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma II as part of this deal when it was on clearance.

#63 StarryWisdom

StarryWisdom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Would have loved to pick up SR3 and MW3; but this ends too early. Not to interested in anything else :/

#64 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

Does this apply to clearance as well?

I have the same question. I picked up Gears of War 3 Limited Edition on clearance the other day. If it includes clearance items I'm going to return/rebuy it.

ach.png

#65 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

I want Kirby wii , sonic gen 360, and Kirby ds. Good deal?

#66 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

I want Kirby wii , sonic gen 360, and Kirby ds. Good deal?

Nintendo games have a tendency to hold their value, but Sonic games often drop like a rock. And Kirby DS is only $30 instead of $50 like the others, so you're not maximizing your freebie.

You can do better :p

#67 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

I want generations so bad. This looks like the best sonic game in years
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#68 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Just checked Target's site and it says not sold in stores for Kirby Return to Dreamland. I figured the obscure titles like Fist of the North Star and Time Crisis Razing Storm wouldn't be carried at local stores, but Kirby?!

Edit: I would like to go the expensive route for once. Kirby for $50, Red Dead GOTY for $50, and some other $50 game like New Super Mario Bros. Wii or some other $50 game for free. Going to get Sonic Generations from Gamestop or Kmart.

#69 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Dammit! Why can't this deal go till November 8th? I'd pick up two copies of Uncharted and a copy of Metal Gear HD Collection...

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#70 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

Damn, a winner is Target this year. I'll wait for BF though.

#71 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Might be a stupid question, but does Target accept competitor's coupons? I've been grabbing all the big titles at Kmart over the past few weeks... just landed $30 of of BF3 for picking up B:AC... and now I have a $20 off coupon to use for UC3, which will come with another $20 off coupon. Crazy-ass deals going on!
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#72 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Ooo forgot about RDR Goty... Should I pair it up with some others or wait to see if it hits sub $35?

It would be added to my back log til probably February.

#73 chris100185

chris100185

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

Might be a stupid question, but does Target accept competitor's coupons? I've been grabbing all the big titles at Kmart over the past few weeks... just landed $30 of of BF3 for picking up B:AC... and now I have a $20 off coupon to use for UC3, which will come with another $20 off coupon. Crazy-ass deals going on!

No they don't.

And the cover of the ad actually shows Return to Dreamland, so I would assume if they don't have it now they will by next week.

#74 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

so tempted if Amazon PM's....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#75 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

This is a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Will it be online as well or store only?

I don't have a Target so if its store only I'll be sol. I've got Uncharted 3 pre-ordered, but I could always cancel it and go this route.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#76 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

I have the same question. I picked up Gears of War 3 Limited Edition on clearance the other day. If it includes clearance items I'm going to return/rebuy it.

Keep in mind your store most likely wont price adjust clearance deals. Their policy is to return all clearances back to the stockroom for update pricing and tagging etc. Youll be lucky if they let you walk out with the item in the same transaction

#77 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

You can't return rebuy clearance.

#78 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

Is kirby really not being sold in stores? Ugg I might as well go with the TRU kirby deal with mass attack and keep my amazon order.

#79 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

no idea what i want, but Im getting uncharted for sure. maybe dark souls, maybe battlefield 3. might just get BF3 to sell. not sure if I even want to open it.

is this instore only?

Dammit! Why can't this deal go till November 8th? I'd pick up two copies of Uncharted and a copy of Metal Gear HD Collection...

buy 3 copies of uncharted 3 since it'll be the least likely to drop to $40 fast & sell 2 of them for $50 cash each on CL. You'll end up with UC3 for $20 + tax, then wait 3-4 weeks & p/u the other 2 titles you want for $60-$65 total. That's 3 titles for around $90 + tax.

For the flippers use the same strategy but sell all of them for $150 gain $30 - the tax.

#80 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Free $50 Giftcard w/pur of $300 4GB Kinect Bundle

$300 320 GB UC3 PS3 bundle

20% off ALL PS3 Accessories

Free $25 Giftcard w/pur of $170 3DS

New $150 Wii black console(includes New Super Mario Bros, Motionplus,
Nunchuk & Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack CD)

Edited by Enuf, 29 October 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#81 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

Keep in mind your store most likely wont price adjust clearance deals. Their policy is to return all clearances back to the stockroom for update pricing and tagging etc. Youll be lucky if they let you walk out with the item in the same transaction

As mentioned more than once in the Target clearance thread, you can return late at night and try to time it as they bring it back out towards the video game section, waiting for someone to put it back out on the floor and re-tag it.

I did this the other day with the Turtle Beach X11's, returned around 7:00pm, went back in around 9:00pm because I forgot to grab something and saw it sitting in a shopping cart. Re-bought it for half what I just returned it for.

#82 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

How does target handle b2g1f anyone know? 60 + 60 + 0 or 40 + 40 + 40

Place holders anyone?

Otomedius Excellent comes out this week but I don't know any other closely priced games I want. IIIIIIIIIIIF it even releases this time.....

For Target BOGO 50% off they do full price + half price on receipt, but note each game has 25% off for returns. Therefore I'd assume for returns it would be 40 + 40 + 40

#83 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Thanks OP but ad scans arent allowed on this site.

#84 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

As mentioned more than once in the Target clearance thread, you can return late at night and try to time it as they bring it back out towards the video game section, waiting for someone to put it back out on the floor and re-tag it.

I did this the other day with the Turtle Beach X11's, returned around 7:00pm, went back in around 9:00pm because I forgot to grab something and saw it sitting in a shopping cart. Re-bought it for half what I just returned it for.

Each store puts its clearance return out at varying times. Ive tried what youve done at no avail. Its not worth the guesswork and trouble imo.

#85 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thanks OP but ad scans arent allowed on this site.

Might want to check the last edit, because Cheapy didn't seem to care.

#86 ceve2001

ceve2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Wow! After TRU's deal, now Target!? Awesome! My brother just bought some games yesterday, and told him not to open it yet in case I can find him a better deal. Will be getting some games for myself as well.

#87 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

For Target BOGO 50% off they do full price + half price on receipt, but note each game has 25% off for returns. Therefore I'd assume for returns it would be 40 + 40 + 40

Exactly how it shows on the receipt. Purchase price and a refund price. No Placeholders.

#88 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

Each store puts its clearance return out at varying times. Ive tried what youve done at no avail. Its not worth the guesswork and trouble imo.

Yeah I know that I probably got really lucky, but I was content on just returning it since I originally bought it for $30. Luckily with what happened, I got it for $15.

#89 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Query: Are you limited to one copy of each title or can you buy multiple titles? Say that I have three cheapass law students who want to get Uncharted 3 even though we'll have no time to play it. Can we get three copies for approx. $40 per person?

#90 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up joey & Donut.

ach.png