Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/30/11 to 11/5/11) Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#871 bizman316

bizman316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

The CSR at Target told me that as long as the game is not opened you can exchange it no problem. The 30 dollar return value is only if you straight up return the game for a refund.

Why would the return value be only $30? I mean wouldn't it be $40 if you return a game?

#872 BigPoppa99

BigPoppa99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Why would the return value be only $30? I mean wouldn't it be $40 if you return a game?

I got in on the buy one get one glitch. My 2 games return value was 30 each

#873 bizman316

bizman316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

So with the Buy 2 get 1 sale would you get $40 per game? For example if I were to return 1 of the 3 games would I get $40 for the 1 game that I return?

#874 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

The CSR at Target told me that as long as the game is not opened you can exchange it no problem. The 30 dollar return value is only if you straight up return the game for a refund.

They're completely incorrect.

The "return value" on the game comes into play for a return or a refund.

When they do an exchange, they return the game and then they sell the new game. If you're working from a $30 starting point, you only get $30 applied towards the new purchase as the exchange.

Even exchange only works when the value of both items is the exact same. There's no even exchange here.

#875 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Stopped by my Target this morning and walked out with two sets of three:

BF3LE 360, BF3LE 360, BF3LE PS3 Had preorder cards for all of these from a few months ago when they were free with a Dr. Pepper 12 pack, so they each came with a $5 gift card. They will go to family members for x-mas unless I see a better deal and return them.

Uncharted 3 (had a preorder card), Dark Souls 360, Batman 360. Not sure if I am going to keep all of these games yet. I was hoping for Dark Souls for PS3 for the 7.1 LPCM but its not that big of a deal.

The gift cards from preorders combined with the 5% off from the target card made this a pretty good deal for me.

I wish there were more recent steam/origin activatable steam games to use this with. The only one of note that I didn't have was War in the North.

Incidentally, the Target I went to had a huge stack of Modern Warfare 3 copies on the center console behind the desk in electronics. I'm still kicking myself for not trying to get the clerk to ring me up for one. I'm not much of a flipper but that would of got a pretty penny this early.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#876 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

So with the Buy 2 get 1 sale would you get $40 per game? For example if I were to return 1 of the 3 games would I get $40 for the 1 game that I return?

Yes, on your receipt it will state a "return value." It should be balanced out between your three games. If you purchased three $60 games it would be $40 each.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#877 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Are you doing this with or without a receipt? My intial plan was to just show up with the receipt and try to make an even exchange, but because of the refund values listed on it, I'm afraid they'll give me an issue and I'd be better off returning / exchanging Forza 4 for Uncharted 3 without a receipt.

I used the receipt and they gave me a new one for uncharted with a $30 return value for that. Also on exchanging it for modern warfare 3, I don't think it will work since the b2g1 sale will be over but since the sale is still going on, I was able to exchange for uncharted this morning.

#878 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

I used the receipt and they gave me a new one for uncharted with a $30 return value for that. Also on exchanging it for modern warfare 3, I don't think it will work since the b2g1 sale will be over but since the sale is still going on, I was able to exchange for uncharted this morning.

I also got same thing when i exchanged BF3 x360 to BF3 ps3 yesterday.

#879 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

Anybody get goldeneye out of this deal? Just wondering how it is

#880 ceve2001

ceve2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Got 3 Uncharted with 15 target gift card for preordering. I sold my advance copy, so keeping one. The rest will be sold to my friends. Glad I decided to preorder last night.

#881 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

They're completely incorrect.

The "return value" on the game comes into play for a return or a refund.

When they do an exchange, they return the game and then they sell the new game. If you're working from a $30 starting point, you only get $30 applied towards the new purchase as the exchange.

Even exchange only works when the value of both items is the exact same. There's no even exchange here.

Exactly. When the CSR I worked with tried a true exchange i.e. return/buy, it didn't work.

My CSR who got it to work along with the store manager had to return it as raincheck. They then had to make Uncharted 3 (i.e. the game I wanted to get) as an instant substitute (i.e. requires manager override) in order to get around the system to give it as equal exchange (though I had to pay a little extra due to tax; not much at all). Hats off to the amazing crew at my Target for such great service in thinking around the box :)

#882 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

I am gonna do some serious damage today with my Target card. No Uncharted 3 CE right/

#883 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

So are people having success returning one game they bought earlier for U3?

I bought 3 Battlefield 3s on Sunday, but want to return one for U3. Is this a YMMV, or is it a guarantee? Seems people are having success...

#884 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

So are people having success returning one game they bought earlier for U3?

I bought 3 Battlefield 3s on Sunday, but want to return one for U3. Is this a YMMV, or is it a guarantee? Seems people are having success...

YMMV on the glitch return, otherwise no

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#885 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

YMMV on the glitch return, otherwise no

Glitch return being returning a game from the B2G1, or B1G1? I did B2G1 for the 3 Battlefields.

#886 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Glitch return being returning a game from the B2G1, or B1G1? I did B2G1 for the 3 Battlefields.

B2G1 than no problem at all.

#887 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

That is seriously a stupid question; the glitch was on B1G1, B2G1 was the advertised deal.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#888 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Exactly. When the CSR I worked with tried a true exchange i.e. return/buy, it didn't work.

My CSR who got it to work along with the store manager had to return it as raincheck. They then had to make Uncharted 3 (i.e. the game I wanted to get) as an instant substitute (i.e. requires manager override) in order to get around the system to give it as equal exchange (though I had to pay a little extra due to tax; not much at all). Hats off to the amazing crew at my Target for such great service in thinking around the box :)

I would think that the scenario above is certainly an exception and not how may Targets would handle the return/rebuy scenario.

For anyone that had a B2G1 from earlier and you wanted to swap out a game on that purchase with UC3, that should be an easy issue as you'd just have them return the three unopened games and repurchase them again with UC3 on a new transaction.

Anyone trying to work around the system from a B1G1 glitched purchase will likely not get anywhere with the "exchange".

#889 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

That is seriously a stupid question; the glitch was on B1G1, B2G1 was the advertised deal.

And your reply to my stupid question is stately and informed. Your candor will get you far.

#890 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

I would think that the scenario above is certainly an exception and not how may Targets would handle the return/rebuy scenario.

For anyone that had a B2G1 from earlier and you wanted to swap out a game on that purchase with UC3, that should be an easy issue as you'd just have them return the three unopened games and repurchase them again with UC3 on a new transaction.

Anyone trying to work around the system from a B1G1 glitched purchase will likely not get anywhere with the "exchange".

So I can't just return one of the unopened games I bought from the B2G1 in exchange for U3 -- I have to return all 3 of the unopened games?

#891 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

bring all 3 games /w receipt. just in case..

#892 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Just got denied an exchange for Uc3 w/ b1g1 glitch. i didn't really expected to get it to work but i was returning a game i didn't want

#893 blingbling123

blingbling123

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

I was denied at the first target I went to for a straight up exchange of battlefield 3 for UC3 through the B1G1 free glitch. He gave me 30 dollars credit for battlefield 3 and was charging me the difference which was like 32 dollars or so. I took it back and went to another target and was able to get a true exchange. Just try to reason with them and say those two games are advertised as the same price and you want an "exchange", not a refund. Worked for me at the 2nd target, cuz I wasn't gonna handle getting denied again lol.

#894 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

while i think it's most likely that B1G1 was a genuine mess-up on all levels, is anyone else out there at least intrigued by the possibility of a planned "glitch"

everyone was fired up to do b2g1 with uncharted + two other AAA games to get the full value, possibly return/rebuy on other titles etc etc. but since it broke on sunday, a bunch of games got picked up...yeah, it probably wrecked their margins in the short term, but big cash infusion in the long term. Now people who "bought games they're not sure they want" are stuck with $30 return value games, owing to the nature of the glitch, and are forced to keep them.

I say this as someone who was getting my cash together to go grab Batman and BF3 on sunday when i remembered that i had decided i was gonna wait on those games, b/c i didnt really want them that bad (yet, too big a backlog)...and when i do eventually pick them, up, it's not likely to be from Target. had I pulled the trigger on sunday, it would have been target.

like i said, most likely a full on glitch, but one wonders about these things....(remember, it's not paranoia if they're actually out to get you...LOL)

Edited by shrike4242, 01 November 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#895 Davideo

Davideo

CAG Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

I went to Target yesterday and they still had signs up for the Buy 1, Get 1. I called them out on it and the employee had to got the store manager involved. She denied the purchase and threw the signs away. Personally, I knew that it was a pricing error, but it still bothered me that they had incorrect signs up in their department so I called corporate and complained about the store/store manager. Again, corporate was "unable" to help because they "empower the store managers to resolve disputes", but I wanted it on record that they didn't pull the signage down and still refused to honor it.

Hopefully 1 of 2 Best Buys will be willing to price match the B2G1, because I have store credit there.

#896 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

I went to Walmart today to price match the B2G1 with Target, first because I pass one everyday on the way home, two because my wife works there so employee discount, and three because its closer and bigger than Target. After 20 minutes of waiting for a manager to approve the transaction I got Batman Arkham City with the free GOTY Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 3, and Gears of War 3. Pretty good.

#897 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

I went to Target yesterday and they still had signs up for the Buy 1, Get 1. I called them out on it and the employee had to got the store manager involved. She denied the purchase and threw the signs away. Personally, I knew that it was a pricing error, but it still bothered me that they had incorrect signs up in their department so I called corporate and complained about the store/store manager. Again, corporate was "unable" to help because they "empower the store managers to resolve disputes", but I wanted it on record that they didn't pull the signage down and still refused to honor it.

Hopefully 1 of 2 Best Buys will be willing to price match the B2G1, because I have store credit there.

Wow, so much angst over nothing.
They made a mistake. You could've abused the mistake on Sunday. Get over it!

#898 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

and they really dont care as they shouldnt
Posted Image

#899 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Anyone know if you can combine a pricematch with the B2G1F on games at Target?

#900 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Wow, so much angst over nothing.
They made a mistake. You could've abused the mistake on Sunday. Get over it!

and they really dont care as they shouldnt

Yean, who cares about violating consumer laws.:roll: